We're not perfect, you know.
[html]
Out of Character

Word Count; 676

In my own mindset now.

In Character

Anon let out a heavy sigh as she dragged her sleep deprived body from her hard bed. These near sleepless nights due to nightmares were just killing her and she was about ready to rip the hair from her head, or at least what little was there. Grumbling she stumbled about her small den and gathered her things for the day. It wasn't much, as she didn't have places to really carry things, wearing clothes was not really her fondest idea and a belt seemed ridiculous without pants. She let out a loud yawn and stretched, arching her back, finishing with a shake from head to toe. Anon, when tired and careless, was heavy footed and didn't make sure to keep silent as she moved, unless her life was on the line. She highly doubted that was the case in the caves of Anathema. Of course unless some grumpy punk was sleeping and decided to complain about her stumbling about in the caves towards the common room. She figured she would sit there a bit and wake up before heading to do whatever she felt needed to be done that day.

Finding a spot to relax until her mind settled was easy enough, not many hung out in the common room, as they busied themselves with daily duties. The she-wolf had not entirely decided what direction she was going to go with the pack, but spent most of her time in the stables or out exploring the borders, learning them in every which way she could. She figured that would be a good start to her day, patroling the borders, even though it wasn't really her sole duty. She still didn't feel completely welcome back in Anathema, even though you were considered blood once you shared blood with the angela. A sneer appeared on her face and she wondered where the white leader was at the moment. She hadn't really spoken to her since the rejoining the pack incident. Shrugging it off she opened her journal and began to scribble random sentences that seemed to only make sense to her. If someone was to open it and read it (although it was doubtful they would get that far if Anon had a say in it) they wouldn't understand where she was really going with things. Just notes really of things she noticed or enjoyed about the day, which wasn't much really.

With a snap of thick paper on paper, the journal was closed and Anon slowly rose to her feet, letting out a big yawn and stretching each of her limps carefully before glacing around. A few members of the pack were passing through the common room, not so much as really glancing at her. Which was okay, she didn't need their attention, even if she just wanted someone to notice her one in awhile. She gathered her things quickly and headed through a tunnel towards the main entrance of the underground safety they called home. She figured walking the borders was easy enough, how often did someone actually show up when she was walking them, and she never really ran into anyone from the pack, so really no harm done. She didn't figure it was her job to patrol the borders but felt as if she was at least protecting them a bit by taking on the role. Making her way through the entrance she began the journey to the border, taking her no time at all. Lifting her snout to the air she let every scent fill her nose. It was fresh and like ecstacy to her, the freedom of it all. Sometimes being in a cave all day dampened her mood and she didn't like the feeling of being cooped up. She let the air fill her nose again, and there was just one smell, just one that was off. Glancing around with narrowed eyes, she slowly made her way, silently, to a tree, if there was something out there, she hoped luck was in her favor and they were at the border.

<style>
.anontab-a1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.anontab-a1 b {color:#c4bf94;}
.anontab-a1-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.anontab-a1-header {font-family:timesnewroman, serif; color:#c4bf94; text-shadow:#f1e690 0px 0px 4px; float: left; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.anontab-a1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.anontab-a1 {background-color:#f7f4d4; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5e7041; font-family: timesnewroman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#5e7041; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.iaza.com/work/120121C/iaza14218489724900.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ever since her mother had told her that she'd been born in this pack, she had been itching to come back. Wretch had more responsibilities now that she had young Calanthia to take care of. She was lucky to have found Kira Harding, the canine who traveled alongside her and who helped her care for the whelp when she needed it. Without her, Wretch doubted that she would have been able to keep track of the pup at all. She'd left the small girl behind with the other caretaker before heading out on this mission, unsure of how long of a journey it would be and wanting to get there and back as quickly as she could. Something was drawing her to Anathema, whether it was the atmosphere of the pack or the fact that she had come into existence within its borders. She had many questions to ask, if she could find the right canine. Hopefully Naniko would come to greet her.

The small silver coyote remained unshifted on this day, hoping that four legs would propel her more quickly toward the Anathema territory. She had raced through feet of snow, hopping when necessary to get through some of the bigger snowdrifts. Now the female stood shivering and panting at their borderline, thoroughly exhausted from the trip. It had taken all afternoon, then a night, and part of the morning for her to finally reach the place. The blue-eyed girl sat down in the snow for a few moments, simply breathing in and out and staring at the white ground before her. Once she caught her breath, she would call for another canine to come and greet her.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Word Count; 260

sorry its so much shorter then the first!!

In Character

The dark she-wolf glanced around and sniffed at the air. She could tell where the smell was coming from now that she took a moment to settle herself. Shifting down, she shook out her fur after it was done and began padding slowly to the border. She wasn't sure what was going to be waiting for her when she arrived, but it wasn't wolf scent. Her fears of bears and cougars all but passed now that she knew what the sound was. If you re going to come to our border the least you could do is not go trudging about making noise all over the place! She hissed in her mind. At the start of the day, Anon had been in a good mood, but this little event seemed to throw her off, and she was less then pleased to be out and about now.

It didn't take her long to come to the border and she peered out of the treeline, looking about before placing her cool marbled orbs directly on the noise bandit. Her eyes narrowed a bit when she realized it was indeed, not a wolf, but rather a coyote. She didn't have much trust for them, seeing as they were her main problem with thievery on her travels. She huffed and stepped out, standing tall and making sure the intruder knew she was up to a fight, at any given time.

"State your business for coming to Anathema, intruder." A sharp ring to her voice as she accused the small silver coyote for being there.

<style>
.anontab-a1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.anontab-a1 b {color:#c4bf94;}
.anontab-a1-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.anontab-a1-header {font-family:timesnewroman, serif; color:#c4bf94; text-shadow:#f1e690 0px 0px 4px; float: left; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.anontab-a1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.anontab-a1 {background-color:#f7f4d4; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5e7041; font-family: timesnewroman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#5e7041; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.iaza.com/work/120121C/iaza14218489724900.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Her ears went back immediately at the sound of a sharp voice nearby. She wasn't expecting to get discovered by somebody so soon, and was still trying to catch her breath. The canines here probably spent all day and night trekking the border, with the swiftness that this one had shown with her arrival. She hadn't been in range for very long at all. The girl sprang up from her relaxed position, her hands clenching together anxiously in front of her. Were they openly hostile to strangers, here? Or had they perhaps suffered a recent attack that would make them suspicious of her?

She'd heard of the coyote clan to the north but had never visited there - Wretch knew that she looked to be more coyote than anything else, but that didn't mean that she was the same as every 'yote out there. She'd rarely met a member of her own kind that she was able to get along with. But then...that was the same for most everyone. There were few canines who Wretch felt comfortable enough around to desire to spend time with.

"I..I...I'm not an intruder, Ma'am. I have family here. I just..I didn't know how many or if she's even here right now..Oh, I mean...I didn't want to offend you with my presence. I'm so sorry! I'll umm...can I leave a gift for my cousin, please? I would hate to have come all this way without at least leaving Naniko the present I brought" She managed. Wretch tremored where she stood, her ears back and tail kept as low to the ground as possible.

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 271

Anon grunted at the smaller females stammering and listened to her words. She claimed not to be an intruder, which in all honesty, was the truth. She had not stepped onto the territory and was waiting for someone to find her, but it still didn't excuse the fact that she was, or at least had, some coyote in her. Anon had long since lost her faith and trust in the theiving hounds, and was skeptical of anyone she met that even remotely looked like one. She couldn't help but remember the little snot she had caught trying to make off with her mare on her way back here and almost let out a snarl. She figured if that had happened the girl in front of her would have crumbled to the ground. She was at least aware of her place in this matter and didn't seem to want a challenge.

At the sound of her Angela's name, her ears pricked and she narrowed her eyes. Family? She is Naniko's.. Family? A hissing noise sounded on her tongue and she took a moment to surpress a growl in her throat. She squeezed the bridge of her nose between two large fingers and flattened her ears. "Fine, you can come with me back to the caverns, but only because you are family of Naniko's." She grumbled. And I don't really feel like getting my hide handed to me on a platter for dismissing you without you seeing Naniko. Naniko was all about family and she sured hoped this little whelp was telling the truth because either way, she would get her pelt skinned.

Sometimes I wake up by the door. That heart you caught must be waiting for you. Even now when we're already over.

Image courtesy of Zach Dischner

<style>
.GR2_Anon p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Anon b {font-family:verdana; color:#d5d9df; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Anon {background-color:#3a4e79; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#020307; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3929/atable23.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #010104; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Anon .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #010104; }
.GR2_Anon .name {text-align:center; font-family:Stint Ultra Expanded; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_Anon .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_Anon .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

She didn't know this side of the family all that well, to be honest. Wretch was not a typical D'Angelo, having been raised in Ichika no Ho-en, away from the D'Angelo line completely. She had been able to remember her name after her accident, but nothing more than that for a very long time. Even now things were still fuzzy, with dates and times mixing themselves up in her mind whenever she tried to put a large amount of thought on her puppyhood. It was a melting pot of incidents that she couldn't seem to pick apart any more.

"I..I'm so sorry for coming here without sending any kind of notice ahead of time! I should have sent my bird, oh stupid, stupid me. But maybe you wouldn't have been able to figure out what he was saying anyway" She said. The two had a relationship of closeness and kinship, but not much else. The bird was able to roam free for the most part and stayed with Wretch whenever it got tired or hungry. It'd learned that she had food for it, a nearly constant stream of it...and that if it worked with her, it would never go hungry. That didn't make it her pet, though, just some kind of companion.

Wretch was surprised to hear words of admission from the seemingly grouchy female before her. "You remind me a lot of Lady Naniko, Miss. But I don't remember if I caught you name." She still wasn't sure what she'd do if Naniko wasn't in fact there. She'd probably have to leave the present there and take off - no doubt the canines here wouldn't want a stranger in their lands for more than they had to have them there. "Are you one of her friends?"

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]