Joining
Character Name: Aylu
Character Birthdate: 04/14/09
Species: 50% Canis lupus arctos 50% Canis lupus lycaon
Is your character a Luperci?: yes
Other 'Souls Characters: (List other active characters here. Not required for new members.)
How you found 'Souls?: returning
Are you joining a pack?: Loner
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: Ic
Profile or three writing examples:
writing example 1: The first question that came to mind when he started spewing his shit was, why were you on'the other side of ichika? Why weren't you here with your family? Why didn't you save me? she thought as she watched his dark hand come up a touch her muzzle. She cringed and backed away. Every time she looked at him she saw Tayler. She saw her first born, their beautiful daughter. She closed her eyes as she fought back tears and heard him back away.

The raw ache in her chest made she start to see stars and she was blinded by physical and emotional pain. She had failed her pups. She almost failed Sarian. When she heard Aleo as about her she wondered if X'yrin was holding up well. "I saved Sarian. She is safe with X'yrin. Aleo..... I think its best that X'yrin keeps her as her daughter. I am not fit to be her mother. I was careless. I almost lost her. I need her to stay in a strong environment, one where she is safe and will grow to be strong. I can't give her that. X'yrin and her mate can. And she will have sisters and brothers. X'yrin is pregnant," she whispered softly as her heart skipped beats and her blood started to mat her fur.

She needed to clean and wrap her side and she knew Aleo would be of no use to her. He was too drunk to see her pain, to understand her hurt over her loss and the grief that followed. He didn't see Tayler and Zack. He didn't see the ebony daughter that would look like him or the sand grey deformed son that had her fur. She almost didn't catch his words as he turned from her.

"Aleo.... you just don't get it! When i needed you most.... when Sarian asked where her daddy was and Kiara had to comfort me when you weren't here to hold me.... why did you leave? What was so important I had to lose our daughter and son to the river that almost claimed my life?" She left him to the questions while she prepared some skullcap to numb her body and some sleeping tea so she wouldn't dream or feel pain.

She liatened to him stagger to their bed room and lay down. It was a few moments before she heard him call of her. He wanted to talk about this? In his drunken state of mind? No. She wouldn't express herself fully till he was sober enough to listen to her fully. Shiloh was tired. She was battered and brusied from her trip down river and she had yet to fully stop the bleeding on her side. She had been having nightmares of drowning or of Sarian drowning and she felt Aleo would never understand. She walked into the room to find him on the bed and he was sporting a rather large erection. She would not lay with him but went over to the side mirror to start cleaning the gash on her side.

He was at her side in moments, his nose prodding the puckered, bleeding flesh before he grabbed a shirt and rippled it and placed it over the wound. He was pressing too hard and a whimper of pain escaped her maw. She went to pull away but his maw found her own and his tounge sought and found her own. She could taste the wine on his tounge but she had gone so long without his touch that she almost cried when his grip loosened and she melted into his arms, too weak to suppost herself. Don't leave him... how could she?

"My Aleo..." she was able to breathe as her vision grew cloudy and a fever broke out under her fur. She was sick already. Now she had a fever. Would Aleo take care of her?

wrirting example 2: Warmth. Something Shiloh was going without. She had long lost feeling in her fingers and she felt the fleeting touch of X'yrin before she backed off. She wouldn't offer Shiloh comfort but she could be useful. "X'y....X'yrin.... t...ta...take Sarian... h...ho...home wi....with you. Ke....keep her from me t....till I... heal. I...I a....am tr...trusting y...you ...wi...with my ba....baby g...gi....girl" Shiloh stuttered as the golden woman begged for Jace's help. She hoped that X'yrin understood, that the woman would protect Sarian, keep her warm and safe. She was trusting the woman with Sarian again and Shiloh could hear her daughters crys get closer and closer. No.... please don't let her see this. She faintly heard Kiara's words, the calls of Sarian as another contraction took over her body. Another pup soon to die as soon as it came into the world, it was easier then her first born to push out.
As she took off the membrane of this pup she found him already dead. He was deformed and missing a leg. He was smaller then her first and she suppressed a whimper of pain and grief as she placed him next to his sister. He had all grey fur like herself and would have been beautiful if he would have lived. She felt warmth at her back and smelled Kiara. "M...my de....dearest f...fr...friend.... I... I... ha...have mi...miscarried... m...my first b...born i...is dead... I...I a....am s...so sorry ..y...yo...you co...couldn't n....name her....li...like I pr...promised," Shiloh stuttered as she felt Kiara's warmth seep into her freezing fur and flesh. She heard Kiara's howl and joined her, the pain of losing not one pup now but two weighing on her mind.
Shiloh looked over at Jace, the woman who had gone though almost as much as she had and gave her a weak smile. She owed Jace her life. Despite their arguing, the woman still saved her life. Why... why would Jace save her life? Shiloh started to see stars again as the cold seeped into her side wound and despite Kiara's warm body next to her she did little to stop the cold rising in her heart. She was in debt to Jace for saving her. How would she repay her? She closed her eyes as the darkness became to heavy to keep away. Jace was right. She was weak.

writing example 3:Shiloh had all but given up when she felt the steel grip of someone pulling her out of the water. She was pushed when teeth wouldn't work and rolled down a short hill before coming to a stop at the bottom. She coughed up water and curled up as pain laced her side and stomach. She hadn't seen who saved her, she was too cold and weak to move. She felt a burning between her legs and she cried out in a horse, water clogged voice. No.... this couldn't be happening. She whimpered as another contraction took over her body and she felt the warmth of her life blood seeping from the wound on her side. She called for someone, anyone to help her as another painful contraction went though her, blinding her, making her vision swim. She was too early. She still had three weeks to go yet her pups were coming now. She cried softly as the pain in her side grew worse and her contractions closer. There was a gush of water and blood as Shiloh pushed out her first born, a girl of dark grey and black.

Despite the freezing cold and injured side Shiloh was able to move the child closer to her to clean away the membrane that covered her daughter. The pup was way too small and was able to give a few short whimpers as Shiloh cleaned her. She was beautiful with almost completely black fur with a dark grey sock on her right front paw and a grey tipped left ear. She knew that her daughter wasn't strong enough to live and even though she latched on to Shiloh's teat to suckle, it was only a matter of time before she would pass. Shiloh's body held little to no warmth as she curled around her daughter, nameless because she had told Kiara she would have the rights to name her first born. She lay on her good side as the contractions slowed. She licked at her daughter and pressed her nose to the small bundle, feeling her heart beat slow by each moment, her suckling growing weaker and weaker. Shiloh didn't want to lose her so quickly after birthing her and her whimpers turned to whines that turned into a howl of loss and pain, of fear and hurt. What had she done to deserve this? Why must she lose everything that mattered most to her. Her mother, her father, Anya and Lucian and now her daughter who didn't even begin to start to live was being stripped from her. She didnt even know if Sarian was safe. For all she knew she could have lost her too.

She lay there with her first born, licking her, nudging her, whispering love to her as she passed away, leaving Shiloh alone with her. "No... please move.... please baby don't leave me alone. Mommy loves you... mommy has always love you. You are my angel. Mommy loves you. Please move...." Shiloh cried as her daughter ceased to move, her little body, cold and starting to freeze. Shiloh nudged her, begged her to move, not willing to let her go already. She lay there just staring at the corpse of her daughter, too numb with grief an pain to notice someone coming up to her
Pending Application!

Hello there!

Thank you for your interest in joining 'Souls! The administration is presently reviewing your application. Administrative response time is generally no more than 24 hours, though we may take as long as 72 hours to deliberate over some applications. Please be patient -- keep an eye on this topic and your PM inbox!

While you're waiting, why not:

• Browse the RP Guide for further game information, if you haven't already.
  • Check out our Packs and see if any interest you.
  • Check the FAQ or post in our Questions and Help forum if you need assistance.
  • Test your character in LASKY.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.