Carving Lessons
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley looked over at the dried mixture, curious about how well it had worked out. He smiled softly, seeing that a bit of the fluid had leaked out to the outer edge, but otherwise had done well. It was good that they'd done this or it wouldn't have worked well at all, leaving the bowl to be thrown away, a failed project. Hadley's tail wagged softly, happy that he was doing well despite the fact that this was truly only his second time working on carving wood. Well, he'd done a couple other pieces, but they had all been nothing more than whittling, nothing truly made.

It was slow, the scarred male with nothing to do but patiently wait for Claudius to finish cleaning off the last pieces. It was good that he was used to such times, waiting to be told that it was time. The bowl was handed over to him, his child lighting up like a young child's. It's nice...thank you... He couldn't have done this without Claudius' help. It would have been a blocky mess without him. Silently he stood up, tail swishing. Will give to Grace. Nodding his head he turned, ready to head back. Stopping again he glanced back. Thank you. He just couldn't say it enough.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Thanks for the thread! We made it to 3 pages again... :p
[html]
[/html]Claudius returned Hadley's smile with one of his own. He was happy to have helped and was especially proud to know that he knew enough about his trade to help someone else. He'd been working as an apprentice with no master for so long that it was strange to think that he could do the teaching. When Hadley moved to stand up, Claudius followed suite and did the same. He nodded in reply when Hadley thanked him and then explained that he would give it to Grace. Claudius would have to meet this Grace, since he didn’t think he knew her.

“Y-uh-you’re welcome,” he replied. “Yuh-you kno-ow where I live, so… if you’re ever nearby… please say he-e-e-ello. I-I’d lo-o-ove… to see… how you’ve… progressed o-o-over time. Maybe-e-e-e you’ll have s-s-something to-o show me… next… time.” Claudius smiled broadly once more and then stepped back to allow Hadley to make his exit. It had been a very time-consuming process, so he didn’t want to hold him back if he needed to be somewhere.

He began to kick dirt over the fire and pushed the rocks in to kill the flames. He then bent down to tidy up his tools, carefully replacing them in their protective holdings. [html]
[/html]