In the barn
Well well well. Animals to take care of and a stall to lay in for the night. He was happy to see the pack... no not the pack. His family. That sounded right. He stepped into the barn and breathed in the scents of the horses, cow and piglet that resided there. He checked each of the stalls and noticed that they had been cleaned recently but some still needed some mucking and the cow needed to be milked. He would milk the cow first and went searching for a pail and a stool to sit on so he could.

He found a pail but no stool and decided that he would make one later for the people who run the barn. He was tall enough that he could just sit and milk the cow. It seemed to notice that he was new and started to freak until he spoke to it in hushed tones and was able to sit and start milking the cows full looking utters. He had seen some bottles earlier and after filling the pail he would fill some of them. He started to hum some prayers and smiled. Family. He had found a family.

The pail was full faster then he thought it would be and he gathered some of the bottles and filled a few of them before starting to muck the stalls and pick the one he wanted to sleep in. He put new hay in some of the stalls and found carrots to feed the horses along with some feed for the cow and piglet. He noticed some of the stalls had weak doors and was in need of a few patches on the roof. He would fix them as soon as he organized the bales of hay.
[html]

points → 3 :: table ©Sie

Due to the closeness of her home to the barn and her open door, Bambi had picked up on Aylu rather quickly. She had yet to re-claim this house as her own.. And was becoming unsure of whether she really would or not. She didn't plan on abandoning CdA any time soon- But felt wrong in asking to remark a home as her own when she had left so suddenly. She had promised Skye that she would be a more dedicated member this time around, but one could have easily seen that as an empty vow.

Her fence for the rabbits was done. It wasn't the work of a skilled craftsmen, but it would do the trick. Each of the sharpened sticks were drilled securely enough into the ground that she felt safe leaving the bunnies outside any time except for after dark. She could hope that her scent on the rabbits would deter the attention of other potential predators, but she knew some creatures were daring. With a sly animal like a raccoon or something, she may not even notice that it had stolen one of her cotton-tailed critters until the morning after when she went out to feed them. In her optime form she easily hopped over the fence, then walked along side it for a moment to feel along the sharp sticks. It wasn't all that painful due to the small amount of pressure she was putting on them, and it felt somewhat like a massage to her tired paw pads.

Bambi made her way towards the barn to visit the new recruit, Aylu. She figured he had smelt her from a while away, as she had done to him. So she had no problem in walking right up to the stall he was in and leaning against the door frame. "Aylu," She said, crossing her arms across her chest and smiling. She was tempted to go through her greeting gesture, but figured he would be to busy to respond to it. "How are you settling in?"

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
Aylu smelled her before he saw her and he smiled. He stopped his cleaning and turned to her to answer her question. "Its nice to see you again.... Bambi was it? I am settling in great thank you. I have claimed the book store as my home and have met some of my pack mates. Orin in particular interests me. Something is off about that woman. I wish to know more about her but don't want to press her. Do you know anything about Orin?" he asked softly. He knew he must look weird. He had no robes anymore and as soon as he got back to D'Arte he noticed he had lost his dagger and carving. Terra had everything that meant something to him and he was going to have to go back and get it.

But that would be later. He wondered what had brought Bambi to the barn. "What brings you out here on a fine day like this? I happen to like horses and saw that the stables needed some cleaning. You said your job was... pastore right? What excactly do you do? I am curious. I might right it in my journal if you don't mind. I want to learn as much as I can," he said with a smile
[html]

points → 0 :: table ©Sie

"Orin.." Bambi repeated the name of the woman Aylu wished to know more about. She didn't know many pack members all that well, but this name rang a bell of familiarity. She searched her mind for a face to match up with the tag. Her thoughts drew her back to the pack meeting, and the white woman with pink, dreaded mane. She had been particularly angry at the get together.. But the monk hadn't joined in time to see it. "Angry..Unforgiving." She stopped speaking, tilting her head and trying to clear the fog from her memory. "She seems a bit unstable. But I believe she is nice enough. I haven't spoke to her much, though."

It was hard to know exactly what the monk meant about her seeming 'off'. She assumed he meant personality wise.. But was hopeful that he was merely curious, not fearful of this woman. "Skye would never allow someone she considered dangerous or unstable into CdA," The multicolored dog stretched out her back, reaching her paws up towards the sky. "Well," She began, preparing to speak again. "Pastore means herder. Which is kinda fitting, cause the type of dog I am, an Aussie, are herding canines.. But I just kind of tend to the animals when I can." She had always imagined ranks being stricter, and maybe they were.. But in this pack, it was more so about keeping each other safe than specific jobs being done.

Bambi flattened out her deer-skin loin cloth, now completely entering the stall the wolf was working in. "Fancy some help?" Asked the canine, grinning again. "What did you rank end up being, by the way?"

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
So Orin was always skiddish and slightly unstable. It was nice to know that he wasn't the only one who noticed. Aylu smiled at Bambi's definition of her work and what her bred was. He was going to have to write that one down. He knew how to herd animals like cows and sheep as well. It was one of the many things he actually enjoyed as a monk.

"I know how to herd animals and take care of them. It was one of the things I enjoyed doing when I was with my monastery. I happen to have quite the disposition with horses. I happened to find one a few days ago stuck in the winter time slush. I helped it out and washed him and he followed me home," he said with a smile as the woman stepped into the stall with him.

"I wouldn't mind some help. Gives me a reason to get to know a pack member better. I was put in the traditional class...um.... Artisto I think. I make carvings and write. I have yet to have someone who wants my carvings but I do like to teach others the craft. As of late I seemed to have forgotten my dagger in a neighboring pack while I was tending to a woman who had been hurt. I haven't found a decent tool here yet that would work the way that dagger did. I think I will have to go back and get it from her," he said holding out a shovel (as the humans called it) for Bambi to take so she could help him
[html]

points → 3 :: table ©Sie

Bambi listened and nodded to acknowledge the wolf's words. Most of his talk made sense, and he seemed to be very good at speaking. "Everyone but me," She thought glumly. The words 'monastery' and 'disposition' were foreign to her, but she used the words about them to try and figure out their meaning. This man had presented her with a lot of new words to think about, from the word "monk" he had used upon greeting her at the borders, and now the strange ones he was using now. She wasn't sure if he had mentioned before where he was from, but she assumed it was some place far. The girl had never been one to do many calculations- She probably couldn't even figure out the distance between CdA and her old camp. But it was a guess, even she could make those.

She often thought about the camp, but didn't often actually refer to it by the name it was given."Stillhouse Camp.." She shuttered, then rolled her shoulders back. It gave her an icky feeling to speak it- Even mentally. "Have you started training it? Found in wild, yes?" She said eagerly. She hadn't had many encounters with wild horses, and a tinge of jealously washed over her. "Help you train if, if you want?" The fact that he no longer had robes didn't mean much to her- Or even really draw her attention. She might feel a little naked herself if she no longer had her loin-cloth, but other then that she was pretty much completely bare. Her feather scarf was getting left home more and more, especially as the weather got warmer. Soon the trees would be regrowing their beautiful leaves, and maybe, if she was lucky, she'd have a few rabbit babies running around her house.

"I carve too. Love to see some of yours some time." She said, speaking in her hushed tone. She gripped the shovel that was being held out towards her. After watching him shovel, she followed his steps. This was not one of her favorite jobs.. But she hid that easily. She may not like doing this task, but she was happy to help out.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
"Thank you for wanting to help. Russell is well trained. I think he might have been used by humans one time. Yes he was found in the wild. Do... do you not have a horse of your own? Maybe I can find you one. I think Russell would benefit from some more training. Would you train him for me? Maybe teach me how?" he asked as he shoveled horse manure into a burlap sack. It was already half full.

"I have a carving I am finishing now. Would you like to see it?" he asked , stopping what he was doing and looking at Bambi. He wondered if the woman knew how to read and write. "I have a question. Do you know how to read and write?" he asked with a smile. If she didn't then he would want to teach her. He thought all wolves should know how to read and write because they miss out on exciting stories and writing their own. He would make a diary for Bambi if she wanted and he could teach her on the side after he made his runs and made sure everyone was safe.

Bambi seemed like the learning type. Maybe they could become good friends. He hoped that Bambi would like his carvings and maybe they could give each other pointers. He pulled out his latest carving of Terra. "Here. This is one of my better carvings. Its of a woman in a different pack I am starting to have feelings for," he said holding out the carving for Bambi to take.