New friends?
He was new to this. New to his pack, new to meeting others. He had traveled for a while, knowing there where other packs in the area. He wanted to trade his carvings and maybe get a horse. It would help him move around and trade what little things he had. The dagger he had found on the gray woman had stayed with him and he used it to carve. Maybe he could learn how to make something from someone or find a paint he wanted.

He found the boarders and howled his presence. Was this a nice pack too? How did wolves in this pack live? He was interested in finding out about different ways of life and making new friends. He hoped everything worked out in the end. He hoped to meet more wolves like Kiara and Dalgina and Bambi. Friends.
[html]

out of character text

Staying still and behaving was not in her nature. Everything inside her was screaming to fight for life. Staying still didn't fit in that category. Dragging herself over to the den that she'd gotten coated in her own blood Terra had been planning on fixing it up for use again the next time she needed it. With the den so close to the borders it also had the chance of attracting the wrong thing. Foolish as it was Terra had managed to slip past Ayita's grasp after plenty of work, tearing open the wound on her side along the way. Her leg didn't even touch the ground, keeping her to a slow steady pace.

It had taken her most of the day to reach her destination. Terra had been forced to stop and rest several times, with her instincts preventing her to fully relax herself while on the move, pretending that she was healthy. Once at the den she'd collapsed inside and fallen dead asleep. The howl of someone at the borders had Terra starting forward automatically out of habit, curious who was there. Half asleep as she was Terra had put weight on her broken leg, sending her toppling over. A pained howl escaped her before she bit down on herself. If anything unfriendly was nearby they'd just learned her location. As rapidly as she could Terra hobbled over until she could see the visitor. Panting she sat down just within hearing, unable to go farther. Lifting her head she yipped a greeting, inviting him to enter. Proudly she stood tall, tail wrapped to hide her injuries.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
Aylu smelled the female before he saw her. Injured. She was injured. As a monk he felt it was his duty to at least help her back to where she came from. He was happy she let him cross the boarders and was quick to come to her side. "Hello Miss. I am Aylu of Cercatori d'Arte. I am new to this... Um... I knew of neighboring packs and wanted to make friends. I smell blood miss. Are you hurt? I can help you," he said softly looking the woman over.

One of her legs were swollen looking and he could smell the blood but not see it. What had happened to her for her to be so injured. He sat next to her and waited for her to tell him what to do. He may be a large wolf but he was gentle and would never do something to a woman she didn't want. He did start to take off a layer of his robes to help her. He had never really taken off his robes and he would have to eventually make new ones as the ones he was wearing were old and tattered. He took off two layers and cut them into strips. He was planning to stop the bleeding on the woman if she let him.
[html]

out of character text

The stranger's speedy arrival at Terra's side freaked her out. She knew that she was weakened, but was doing her best to cover that up. Maybe she shouldn't have been so prideful and answered the call at the pack borders. Staying in the house had been driving her nuts, but at least it was safe. Terra might not have been big on acting safe, but she did want to survive. Her hackles raised she bared her teeth to him, shifting her body so that there was a larger distance between them. His words came out in a hurried rush. So his name was Aylu, new to his actions and uncertain about making friends.

Straightening her head Terra looked over at Aylu. I'm fine. You're probably just smelling my breakfast. Didn't have the chance to clean up before your call rang out. It was a complete lie, and fairly obvious as well, considering how no matter what Terra did it was clear that her leg looked wrong. As discreetly as possible Terra pulled it closer to her body, trying to hide it. A small wave of pain ran through her as pressure was exuded on her side wound, but her face remained expressionless, trying to hide what she felt. She watched in amazement as a couple layers of his clothes was pulled off and torn apart. How many layers of that did he have?

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Aylu frowned. She didn't want his help.He had actually succeeded in scaring her. "I am sorry ma'am. I thought you might want some help with that leg. It looks swollen and I have some herbs that would help with the pain. I just thought... Aylu sat back and looked deflated. It was his nature to help. "what is your name ma'am? I am sorry if I scared you. I know my size can do that. But I honestly mean you no harm. I don't believe the whole just ate thing. What ever you ate must have been big because I smell too much blood," he said softly

He watched her shrink away and wince as she pulled her leg closer to her. Why didn't she want help? It bothered him to know that she was in pain. "come on ma'am let me help you. I don't like seein a woman in pain. Even if she is a proud beautiful woman," he said softly
[html]

out of character text

Terra glanced down at her leg and sighed. Moving had made it much worse, unfortunately. The swelling hadn't been there before her foolish trip to the borders, something she was beginning to deeply regret. No matter how difficult it might be to stay still, it was better than risking her life doing something as stupid as this. Having her lie torn apart Terra glanced over at Aylu. It's not your size. I've seen bigger. You just moved too quickly for my taste. It had felt like an attack being launched against her, even if it hadn't been meant as one. My name's Terra.

Blood seeped down her side, with Terra doing her best to ignore the fact that it was slowly growing more painful to hold herself firmly. Ayita was going to kill her when she managed to make it back to the house. Sighing Terra slowly lowered herself down to the ground. Alright. But only because you insist. Her eyes still held suspicion in them, but she would allow this stranger to help her. It seemed to genuinely pain him to see her in such a state, despite the fact that they had no connection to each other.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OCC: What are terra's wounds?

"Thank you Terra" he said as she lowered herself to the ground. He watched her before skooting over to her with the strips of robe. "How did you get so beat up? Your leg is really swollen. Is it broke? I can set it if you will let me. I have some herbs I want you to eat. They will take away the pain and make it easier for me to fix and bandage your wounds," he said as he started to dab at her side. She must be in pain. He pulled out a small herb bag slowly and crushed the herbs into some snow. It would be easier to have if it was in a tea but snow would work well for her too. He took some snow and used it to clean the blood off her side. It would sting but he had no water to clean it her side with.

"I am sorry if it hurts. I don't want you to hurt," he said as he wiped away blood and snow. Her leg was going to be the hardest part of this. If it was broken setting it would hurt her if she didn't take the herbs. He watched her face, noticing that she was indeed beautiful. Could he be friends with her?
[html]

scruff is torn by cougar bite, rarely bleeds, mostly sore and tender. Scabs beginning to form there. Won't scar. Left hind leg broken at the top. Large wound tearing through to flesh just below her left shoulder. Broken ribs (three of them)

Laid out on the ground Terra felt a lot more anxious. She had decided to trust him. That didn't mean it was easy. All her instincts were screaming it was foolish to put herself in a position that she couldn't escape from, but his quiet words of thanks calmed her slightly. He moved closer, asking questions. A cougar decided to pick a fight with me. I survived. The cougar didn't. Terra hadn't killed the cougar, though she had wounded it badly enough to make it easier for the wolves that came after it. Terra just wished she'd been a part of the kill, instead of too weak and out of it to do much more than try and protect herself.

As for her leg...You don't need to worry about that. It's been taken care of. Having her leg set once was enough for her. Terra never planned on doing anything that resulted in broken bones ever again with how painful that had been. At least when the cougar was hitting her the adrenaline had kept her from feeling it. Getting the leg set Terra had experienced no such blessing. Willingly she accepted the crushed herbs, face twisting with the bitter taste. Gently she licked his hand in thanks before stretching out again, bracing herself to stay still for the pain that was sure to come from having her wounds looked at. It stung slightly as he cleaned the wound on her side, the rags used to wrap it having fallen off in her misadventure to the border.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC | WC :: +000

He smiled as she took the herbs. It was funny to watch her eat it but he knew it would numb her pain. She had been though a lot. He continued to dab at her side while trying to keep her calm. "So tell me about your pack. Is there someone here I can trade and give my stuff too? I really need a horse," he said to her as he started to wrap her side.

He wanted to get to know the woman he was helping so after he wrapped her side he sat back and looked at her. "Tell me about yourself. I don't really have much of a history. I come from a monastery. I have lived with my master since I was very young and set out a few weeks ago. I had come across a old man trying to get here but he passed before we could make it. I just have been trying to find my place. I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that. You don't want to hear my history," he said softly looking away. He pulled out one of his latest carvings, Sarian on a bucket like he remembered her. He was almost done with it. He pulled out his carving knife and continued wondering what Terra thought of him.

The greatest patience is humility.
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

you need to bring sarian back. It makes me miss her when you write about her, and I didn't even have any threads with her!

The pain lessened as he began to wrap her side, though she could still feel it. It was as if she had been divided from the pain, making it a separate entity from her. It was a weird feeling, to be aware of how much something hurt yet not fully feel it. Everything else remained solid and very real, just the sensation of being hurt fading away. I'm afraid not. Alder's pretty attached to the horses. I think he would cry if you tried to take one. Or try to kill him. Terra knew that from experience, having mistaken them as food once. Her tail swished lazily, flinching slightly as he finished and pulled the wrapping tight.

With her injuries cared for Terra immediately wanted to stand up and get moving. Of course, that would undo all the work that had just been done. There was no option other than to lay still and hope that someone would figure out that she wasn't where she was supposed to be so she could get some help traveling back. She stared at Aylu with some curiosity as he talked about his past. He certainly was strange, with a monastery and master. Terra wasn't too clear on what either of those were, but they were probably something really strange and different.

As for coming here to find his place, it was nothing new. Terra watched his knife flick over the wood, shaping something. It seems the lost tend to find their way here one way or another. Me, I was lucky, or unlucky as it goes. Born a luperci in a pack without them. I grew up on four legs, and ran to find others like me when I changed at six months. I came here and have been learning all I could. A place for yourself though. You make that. Terra had formed a home for herself here where she belonged, not seeking it out. She had simply found a place that would accept her and carved her niche, not letting anything swallow her up.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:She is with Orin. Nuki found her and adopted her. I plan on picking her up later. | WC :: +000

Aylu laughed. "I wasn't planning on stealing a horse. I wanted to trade my stuff for a horse," he said with a smile. He listened to her story and smiled again. She had a point. He himself had been lost and if it wasn't for the old wolf he had tried to help he wouldn't be having this conversation with Terra. He stopped carving and put his carving away looking Terra over.

He wondered if Terra could get home on a broken leg and he looked her over. Moving her now would undo his handy work. It was still chilly out side and he didn't want Terra to get sick. "I am going to cover you with whats left of my robes. I don't want you to get sick. I know we have never met before but no one deserves to be cold. I... have never fully taken them off since I became monk. But they are thick and warm and I think you will need them," he said taking off the rest of his robes. Four more layers and soon he had the fabric over Terra's form, his body naked. He could get used to not wearing his robes and his cream colored fur was thin but would soon thicken some. He hoped she didn't mind. He was trying to be nice and hoped she understood why he was helping her.

The greatest patience is humility.
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Terra's ears flicked back at his explanation. It might be true that he was willing to give stuff in return, but Alder truly was attached to the horses. Even if he was given something in return Terra doubted he would be happy losing a horse that had been in his care. Such a soft hearted wolf Terra had never met before. She had seen violence, yes, but gentleness was few and far between in her life. She looked up as he announced that he would be covering her with the rest of his robes. It wasn't that important, but what came after that was.

Her ears stood straight up, watching as he took off the robes. Never fully taking them off? It was such a strange idea. One by one the many layers were taken off, laid over Terra's body to keep her warm. She almost wanted to protest not needing them, but watch him do something so unusual kept her eyes glued to him. Their positions were reversed by the time he was through, with Terra wearing the robes and Aylu standing there naked. Her eyes roamed over his body, taking in the sharp form and swirls of colors. He was handsome, and a warrior as well, that much was clear. Her eyes returned to his face. Your life's been harsher than mine. Terra might have faced death more than most, but she knew how to dance with it, and before now had always gotten away unscathed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Occ: Where you get missing eye from? Hey i was thinking Aylu could leave his dagger and carving and later he could come back for them. Is Terra in optime? Or Lupus?

"I hope your warm. I know I don't have much to offer but I was raised to give up everything if it means helping someone. Even my robes. I don't want anything else to happen to you. I don't want you to move much either. You should rest. I'll keep you warm if I have to," he said with a smile. It was true he had been though a lot but he could deal. He had been trained to deal with anything. Cold, heat, pain. He was immune to it all. Terra wasn't and he wasn't about to let something happen to her. He shifted down to secui form, not used to being in this form.

He trudged up to her slowly and nudged her softly on her front paw. She was so small compared to him. He didn't want her to feel like he was invading her space and pulled away some, sitting back on his haunches watching her with worry. What would she do if he laid next to her to keep her warm. He didn't want things to come off the wrong way. They had just met and its not like he liked her or anything.... right?
[html]

OOC woops misread. fixed it! she's in lupus, and stuck there until her leg heals unfortunately. She'll be griping a lot about that XD If you leave the carving and dagger Terra might be a bit reluctant to relinquish them without being given entertainment in return

Word Count → 000

Terra looked at him in confusion. Giving everything up for another, especially a stranger, was very odd for her to contemplate. Terra might help a friend, and she'd sacrifice for a pup or her pack, but outside of that it was a very unusual idea. A slow smile spread over her face as he said he didn't wish for anything else to happen to her. You'll protect me then? Her words were slightly teasing, though her voice was soft enough to show that she was truly serious about the question. She needed it, here on the borders by herself, but was also testing how far he would go for her. If she could truly trust him.

Silently she watched the warrior shift into secui form. He was humungous next to her in this form. When he nudged her Terra gently reached up, running her muzzle along his. A generally affectionate creature Terra craved another's touch. Besides, she wanted to get closer to this confusing stranger, to understand how he thought, and what would make him so willing to sacrifice. He couldn't possibly be warm either, always wearing those robes. Terra was fine, but the warmth of another was wanted.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.greenleaf p {padding:2px 0px;margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.greenleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font size:11px; color:#207E06;}
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
Aylu's tail wagged softly. "Yes I will protect you as long as you want me to," he said softly. He finally got a smile from her and it warmed his heart. She was beautiful. When he nudged her she brought her muzzle up to rub against his. He licked her cheek softly before pulling away and lay down beside her. She was warm under his robes and he nosed her chin softly. He hadn't been this close with anyone other then Dalgina and her tingla and he laughed some beside Terra at the thought. He longed for pups of his own and at the thought sobered really quick, laying his head between his paws.

He put the bush of his tail around her small frame and gently wrapped his body around hers, his head resting on her fore paws. He hoped she didn't mind his closeness and looked up at her softly. I hope you dont mind me being close. I can move if you want," he whispered softly, as he waited for her to say something. If she wanted him away he would get up and move in an instant. It was her health and well being he wanted.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Terra wasn't sure what she had been expecting for his answer. Everything he'd done pointed to him saying yes, but the life she had experienced pointing to him saying no. His answer had her blinking in surprise, wondering why he would give such an answer. Softly her tail wagged behind her, a shy smile on her lips. Terra didn't know what to think of the soft lick he gave her, too intimate for her taste. She had no problem nuzzling and cuddling with him, but that one lick seemed to break a barrier. It made her unsure all over again.

Aylu settled in beside her, Terra sighing with contentment. She was glad she'd come to the borders now. Not the best lesson for her to learn about acting without thinking when injured, but very, very nice. His tail wrapped around her, his huge frame pressed against her. His head tucked into her paws, and with a soft sigh she buried herself into his fur. At his words she looked up again. Don't go. Her words were uncertain, revealing how uneasy she felt about the whole situation. It was silly, really.

<style>
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
He hadn't thought about what his soft lick would do to her. He was confused himself. Why had he licked her? "I am sorry. I shouldn't have licked you. Its just I finally got you to smile. Your beauiful when you smile," he whispered softly. Her sigh of contentment made his tail wag softly against her and he nuzzled against her while she leaned against him. He smiled. She was tiny and fit perfectly in the curve of his side, something he enjoyed.

It was her whisper not to go that had him whimpering. "I wont leave unless you want me to. And even then I don't think I can. Your laying practically laying at the boarders and I can't pick you up without hurting you to take you home. Your stuck with me," he said with a confident smile. He wasn't an arrogant man but he had a valid point. She could technically call for a member of her pack to help her back but a part of him hoped she wouldn't. She was interesting in a weird way. But maybe he could get used to her
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Terra chuckled softly at his answer. She knew that she was beautiful, using it to beguile those she stole from, but she was a mess at the moment. Her views on beauty weren't exactly par with the rest of the world's, seeing beauty as an effect created by acting a certain way, not as part of oneself. Terra wasn't trying to be beautiful, and she wasn't planning on using him either. There was no reason for him to see beauty in her. Another small smile covered her face at his whimper. What a strange reaction. Well, she was acting rather strange herself. Not at all her usual manner. Hadn't been since he took off his robes.

Both of them knew she technically wasn't stuck, able to call for a pack member to help her. Terra didn't want to be caught having done something so foolish though, and she was enjoying his company. He was different. Not the first to be kind to her, but the first to be a complete stranger and do so. Not even Shadow had been like this right off the bat, forced to play games with her before she finally acquiesced to his teaching. Everyone was held at a distance, but now she was weak and lying exposed, unable to do anything but take others at face value, unable to defend herself. Maybe it's the other way around. I put a spell on you so you'll stay. Her tone was light, joking about the painful situation while she moved to get more comfortable. His fur was certainly soft to cradle into.

<style>

Now it was his turn to smile. "A spell eh? Your will is mine oh master Terra," he said jokingly. He would have bowed but she moved and settled more into his side, surprising him. "Like what you feel? All my fluff keepin you warm? he said with humor. He playfully nipped her chin and smiled. Maybe she was interested in him. It was nice having someone so close to him. He would have forgotten about her wounds if it had not been for his robes wrapped around her lithe figure. "Are you in any pain? I hope my herbs helped get rid of at least some of it," he asked

He sat up and started nudging her softly, hoping she wasn't in too much pain. He nudged her though the robes and he hoped he wasn't hurting her. He nipped her ear playfully and stopped examining her. She needed rest. [color=teal]"Have you eaten today? I can hunt for you if you like. or just take you with me to d'arte so I can better take care of you. I don't like her out in the open like this he thought to himself as he laid his head down again.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Pulling back slightly she grinned up at him. Very warm. It was so easy to forget that he wasn't part of her pack, the two of them resting on the borders with Aylu standing to protect her. The pain had faded to a dull ache, one that Terra could easily ignore. No pain at all. Well, at least not pain that she would actually act on. It was easy to believe that she was just a little sore from a fall instead of broken and waiting to recover from something that was far more foolish than Terra wanted to admit.

Pushed by his nudge Terra braced herself into the ground, responding with a soft butt of her head into his. It pulled on the wounds around her neck a little, but those were the best of her injuries, healing the quickest. She wasn't worried about the tingling pain it gave her. With her ear nipped at Terra responded with an attempt to reach his. It was a failed attempt, Terra ending up nipping under his chin rather than the ear she'd been aiming for. At the mention of food her tail started thumping. Forgetting how much it would hurt Terra pushed herself up. A wave of pain washed through her before she settled back down again. Yes please! Maybe she should get hurt more often, with all the fresh meat she was able to eat.

<style>