milk them chickens and pluck them cows.
[html]
I don't know, whatever. I was thinking of making this read only, but we said we'd have a thread anyway. Doesn't need to be long, but I figure Gabe should know who Abraxas is. I was reading through some old posts with Spade and Kaden and thought that Anselm should have a "pet," too. Also, was thinking that you could use him freely in your posts, if you so desired.

!@#$%They had met and parted many times in the past. Maybe half a dozen times? Nobody really bothered to keep track. The first was when they were both but cubs, less than two months old each. Anselm had tried to kill him, but Abraxas had gotten away. Round two, a few months after that, produced similar results. It was clear even then that the little bastard was quick on his feet. Finally, on round three, Anselm had just completed his first shift. Walking was unnatural to him, but it was the red fox who warned him that one of the local bullies was on his way, giving him time to take cover in his vulnerable state. From this point on, the hybrid had seen Abraxas in a new light: as a fleet footed informant, who most wolves probably paid little heed. By this point, they were so different in size that he could hardly consider the tinier canine competition, anyway.

!@#$%The relationship that formed was a bizarre one that not even Anselm could claim to understand. Then again, he still hadn't managed to comprehend the weirdness that was Abraxas. The fox was a quirky little fellow, who seemed to have loyalties to nobody, and yet he still seemed to trust the wolf that had tried to kill him twice in the past. Anselm had never caught him in a lie when it came to the two of them, but he seemed rather slippery whenever most anybody else tried to make conversation with him. More than once, he'd caught the damn thing talking to itself. Still, on some level, it worked. Thus, as Anselm lay sphinx-like on a large boulder in Inferni's midst, he watched attentively as the ragged and scrawny form of his old comrade approached. The fox leapt lightly up to Anselm's side and took a seat. Neither said a word.
[/html]
[html]

indent From his position, Gabriel had been watching his cousin with mild interest. It had been the fox that had sparked it, truly, since there was no reason for the animal to be approaching with such confidence. Given that Anselm did not move or seem worried around its presence, the curious possibilities of someone like Marlowe (whom Gabriel still searched the skies for) excited him. On top of having his father, who carried no pack scent and looked less then half the threat he truly was, watching the packs for him, a fox could go where others couldn’t.
indent The doggish hybrid approached easily, and soon took a seat on a close boulder. “Friend of yours?”

[/html]
[html]

!@#$%Anselm turned his head to the side and lowered it in greeting as Gabriel approached. Abraxas turned his sharp golden eyes on the doggish figure, as well, but otherwise said and did nothing. At the inquiry, the hybrid offered a short snort of amusement. "I'd be more tempted to say 'accomplice,'" he stated evenly. Anselm liked to think he didn't keep friends with the crazies--then again, could the whole damn clan not be an exception? "His name is Abraxas. He's a regular whack job, but he's helped me out in the past."

!@#$%The fox, who up to this point seemed un-fazed that they were talking about him like he didn't exist, now took a moment to stand and shake out his ratty coat. He jumped down and moved closer to Gabriel, obviously inspecting him "carefully," then returned to Anselm's side. "And who are you, dog boy?" he squealed, his tone and demeanour clearly a little off. Anselm lifted up a large fore paw and gave him a smart thwap on the back of his head, which caused the smaller canine to loose balance and scramble to keep his perch on the rock. Anselm laughed. "That's my cousin, Gabriel. Treat him as you'd treat me."
!@#$%Again, the whole incident seemed to go by largely unnoticed by the fox, except that he now took a little bow. Unfortunately, he seemed more like a slimy jester than a loyal subject, but Anselm knew that those two sentences would be all that it took. Abraxas always looked off his rocker, but he seemed to take orders from Anselm well enough. Catching Gabe's eye for a moment, he rolled his own and shrugged. What else was there to say about Abraxas? He was pretty much doing all the talking for him.
[/html]
[html]

indent “We had a raven like that back across the mountain,” Gabriel said, eyeing the fox. “Smartass, but remarkably useful.” Laying down onto his belly, the hybrid curled his tail around his side. His cousin was full of surprises, that much was certain. Flicking a scarred ear, he looked over at the horizon. “My daughter needs training,” he said suddenly. “I want you to help with that. She’s headstrong but she doesn’t know what she’s doing.”

[/html]
[html]
Judging by dates, Talitha was already kidnapped by DDM by this thread... so I figured I'd casually mention it here. :x -Wasn't sure when they were supposed to figure it out???-

!@#$%A raven. An aerial eye would be even more useful, he imagined! A bird would be able to see everything and anything from the sky, and could almost surely go undetected while perched high in the branches of the canopy. The tip of his tail gave a couple half-hearted flicks and he nodded, smiling. Abraxas tipped his head strangely, but said nothing. Anselm stared that the fox, considering. "It'd be best if you didn't spend too much time here," he said, voice low. A bird may not pick up the scent of their pack, but he now realised a fox just might. He didn't want anything to fuck up and blow their cover. A fox that stank of Inferni would be suspicious--surely those damnable coyotes wouldn't let any potential canine competition run amok in their lands without good reason. "Why don't you stick around the rest of the Waste and Drifter Bay to the north?" he suggested. "We'll find each other when we need to." Abraxas nodded, then jumped down off of his perch.
!@#$%"Okey dokey, I'm gonna go look around then!"

!@#$%Turning his attention back to Gabriel, Anselm nodded. "Of course," he stated evenly. As the two largest members of the clan, it made sense that they helped with Talitha's training. Also, as far as he knew, they were the two that practised most regularly. "Speaking of which, how has she been?" he asked idly, not realising that he might just be digging into a far deeper rabbit hole than he could have originally imagined. "I haven't really seen her since she first showed up." Naturally, he had assumed that Gabriel was watching her--he'd caught her scent near the border, but he couldn't tell if she was coming or leaving, and there were no recent trails inside. It was strange enough to tickle his subconscious, but he hadn't put two and two together yet.
[/html]
[html]

Wrap it up with your post?

indent Anselm and the fox seemed to have an accord, and Gabriel let it be. It was not until his daughter was brought up again that Gabriel realized that his cousin was right. She had vanished into the night, and left no trail behind. “You know, I haven’t either.” Shifting his weight and frowning, the doggish hybrid cast a glance south. His face turned dark and he shot his eyes back to Anselm. “You don’t think they did something, do you?” Either way, he was speaking on another level—either way, he wanted someone to find out.

[/html]
[html]

Powerplay but figured it made sense, let me know if you want it changed.

I haven't either was definitely not the answer he was looking for, and immediately it felt as though a block of cement had been dropped into his stomach. Not one to be discouraged by such emotional weights, he rose to his feet immediately as he addressed his cousin. "I'm going to do a quick sweep around Inferni and call for her, just to make sure she isn't off hiding somewhere." Presumably, Gabe would do the same; they could call for one another if anybody found something.
"Failing that, I suppose there's little else we can do but go down to Dahlia to investigate," he added, annoyed that the heavy, nauseous feeling had yet to subside. With that, he dipped his head to the doggish hybrid and was gone. They could check back in with one another soon and decide where to go from there. Perhaps Gabriel would want to stay in Inferni in case she came back from some random outing; perhaps he'd wish to accompany Anselm as he did his sleuthing.
Either way they would have answers--and Anselm was determined to have those answers by the end of the night.
[/html]