this place is a prison
[html]Bobbi<3

Magnolia had been captured. The idea rung through her exhausted mind with hate swirling and puncturing her thoughts. She lay in the cabin against the dirty floor, eyes downcast. She had failed Salsola, failed herself. The Confidant shivered in the darkness, wondering where her captor was. Since she had been taken away she had been in the care of a coyote who didn’t seem like cruelty was in her nature. Magnolia was grateful for that, but still, this was not the place she wanted to be in. She missed her home so much her chest ached. Denver’s abandonment still hurt her dearly. Why didn’t he come after me? she thought despondently.

It must have been the middle of the night. No light shone through the window of her prison and Sage hadn’t been back in a while. The Confidant narrowed her eyes, a plan brewing in her mind. Perhaps escape was the best option. Now would be the best time because the darkness would aid her in her fleeing. After what felt like hours the hybrid got up off the floor and slinked to the doorway. Nervously she pushed the door open, grimacing as it creaked. With a quick look around for Sage, the mohawked girl ran into the night.

[/html]
[html]

umg i typed

Sage's body had found the halfway point between waking and sleeping. During these hours when sleep would normally come easily, she found that her body simply wouldn't fold to the normal darkness, the normal tired. With a captive in her home, the coyote was more alert than ever. She was almost not surprised when her large, dark chocolate ears caught the light creak of the front door. It was wooden, like the rest of the small house, and sound traveled readily throughout it. The sounds of the house were sometimes frightening, but right now she was glad for them.

As her top half shot out of the bed and she sat, listening, Sage realized how familiar this situation was. This time, she didn't hesitate, but rushed out the door. The tawny coyote didn't even care that she wasn't even wearing her skirt; this was a matter of her pack's security. Rushing to the door, she shoved it open, not caring what noise it made. Slender head turned this way and that, tossing tangled chunks of hair around in the cool night air. It was pitch black, but her nose helped her. In the time the mohawked girl had been here, Sage had found a unique enough scent on her to be able to track her. Large black nose worked quickly while she yipped for Lennon.

The Salsolan could not have gotten far, and as he came to her Sage reached out a hand for his mane, using his momentum to propel herself quickly onto his back. Amber eyes shone bright in the dark of the night this time; she was prepared. Determined, Sage set off after the woman, knowing she would come upon her soon.

And she did. The girl hadn't been quick enough to get to the stables to steal a horse, but she found her near enough for worry. "HEY!" she shouted, in her most bellowing voice. "You'd better stop!" Lennon skidded to a stop a few feet from the other woman, his large hooves kicking up dust enough to nearly conceal her. Sage vaulted down and ran to her, and grabbed at a pale wrist with each hand to restrain her. Sage's face contorted angrily, unable to understand why this girl would try to escape when the entirety of Ichika no Ho-en wanted her and all of her fellows punished.

"What are you doing?" she panted. "Do you really want the whole pack after you? I'll call them, I will. And they won't be as nice as me." She tilted her head, ready to make that call. Maybe threatening her was the way to go; whatever might keep her here, Sage would try. It was her duty. Her way to prove herself. To whom, though? Father? she thought, feeling the heat creep into her face. They all need me, though, she tried to convince herself. That was right, wasn't it?

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]wow, maggie has been such a bitch lately XD

Magnolia’s heart beat like a drum, thundering down her body as she galloped with every ounce of strength in her body. She was quick, but in her two-legged form she wasn’t nearly as fast as she could be. Still, the Confidant pushed on, begging her body to get as far away as possible from here.

Despite all her efforts, Sage quickly caught up to her. She snorted her nose in anger and narrowed her eyes as the duo made the Confidant stop rushing and slow down. The stupid coyote even tried to wrangle her arms, which Magnolia whipped away from Sage and kept by her body. “No need for that,” She snapped. “We both know you’re not going to call them. And you’re not going to hurt me, either.” She was being cocky, now, in the middle of the night in a foreign pack that wished her ill. This probably wasn’t the best way of dealing with the situation but Magnolia stood her ground, staring at the bizarre woman before her. Why would a coyote even join a wolf pack in the first place?

[/html]
[html]

this okay? *hides*

She couldn't believe her ears. This brat thought that she could get away with badmouthing her after trying to escape! Well, Sage would have to see that she didn't succeed. She growled and bore down on her, grappling at her arms to try to keep her still. "You'll go nowhere, or I'll call," she snarled, flashing hidden anger. Sage was more often sad lately than angry, but this girl was pushing it. This foreigner who'd invaded their land dared to talk back to her, after all she'd been through? No, she thought, pushing at the girl harder as amber eyes bore heatedly into dark green ones.

Sage wouldn't hesitate to call for help if it was really needed, but in truth she wanted to deal with the girl herself. After all, she had been left Sage's charge; if she escaped, or tried to, it would be on her. They musn't know I failed, she resolved, and focused all of her energy into keeping the girl from getting away. She had nothing to bind her, though, and no weapons to speak of, so it came down to Sage's strength, speed, and ability against hers. Sage was smaller, nearly full coyote, and did not nearly outweigh the wolfess. She wished she could have been more confident.

<style>
.sage-field {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TydOF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 125px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.sage-field p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sage-field p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sage-field b {color:#919919; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Finally obedient, the Confidant stayed put. Maggie couldn’t take this other female seriously, but knew it was finally for the best to put her cocky side away. The tawny coyote meant business, apparently. She threatened to call the pack together again, and doing that was something Maggie could live without, so she sighed and lowered her ears. “I’m not going anywhere,” she said quietly, quieting a snarl that almost made it past her ears.

Without waiting for instruction, the female turned around and started walking back to the cabin. “Nice horse,” she said, motioning to the massive creature. Jasper wasn’t quite as large, but he was definitely more streamlined and quicker. The wolf glumly looked back to into the darkness, towards the way she was just running from. The sooner she got back home, the better.

[/html]