Only a Lonely Heart
Dara had wandered out of her packs lands. She wasn't to familiar with this area and was quiet lost. The sun had set a while ago, leaving Dara in the dark. She walked farther in one direction, then turned and walked in that direction...north? At least she hoped it was north.

She turned a few more times but the gave up, slumping back into the base of a tree. She could hear the water crashing on the coastline. "At least I know I am near the coast," Dara muttered. She had no sense of direction.

The moon hung low in the sky, meaning it was only early night. She sighed, realizing that if she was going to wait until morning like she planned, she had a while to wait. Hesitatingly, she closed her eyes, trying to remember the German phrase that had always calmed her down when she was traveling with Crixsus and Sal.

Sal. Her mind thought back to the kind smile that he had always wore. Never had he ever yelled at her like her father. She remembered him teaching her the basics of survival. Her mind quickly recalled the steps to building a fire. She reached up to the lowest branch of the tree she was sitting under, breaking off a few small branches. She laid them in a fashion that reminded her of a tent. She rummaged in her bag for one of her daggers and the wheat stone. She knew that rubbing the dagger on the stone on way sharpened her blade, the other caused sparks. Quickly, she moved the dagger against the grain of the rock, sparks flying off the stone and landing harmlessly on the wood. She cursed, and attempted it a few more times.

Finally the sparks caught the wood on fire. It was small and low, but enough to give off light and heat . Dara was going to be waiting all night so why not sharp the dagger since it was already out. She slowly ran the blade with the grain of the rock and waited to see if anyone showed up to her welcoming fire.
[html]

OOC here!

Much like shadow has always done. He moved without sound and without being seen. He had seen the fire in the distance and because it was near his pack he wanted to investigate. Who he saw surprised him and brought a smile so his face. He thought back on the last time they met and he still had the necklace that she had given him.

He wore it always and never took it off. He had liked Dara a lot and wished he could has spent his life with her but fate had other plans. He moved close enough to where he would be seen in the light of the fire and his tail and ears spoke volumes on how excited he was to see her again. He promised he would see her again and now his chance came. He smiled wide and spoke calm and peacefully.

Hey there stranger...long time no see.

His tail moved from left to right faster than he could count and he watched her closely as he saw the realization spark in her eyes and he readied himself because he was about to give a big hug and pick her up high off the ground. He couldn't believe she was here, but he was happy regardless and this had officially made his night a happy one

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Dara heard the voice and almost dropped her dagger, which wouldn't have ended well for her poor leg seeing as the dagger would have stabbed her. She didn't have to look up to know who it was, but she did anyways. She thought she was dreaming for a split second, but even a dream couldn't do justice to seeing the actually wolf.

Yes, he did inhabit her dreams. Every night. Dara hadn't forgotten him by any means.

She set her dagger down and ran into the waiting embrace of Shadow. "Hey dear," she said, her voice probably muffled by his soft fur. Her voice was shaking with joy and her tail was like a tree in a windstorm, frantically moving back and forth.

She felt the necklace on her fur as she hugged him. She had to resist the urge to kiss him. "You still have on the necklace," she managed to get out. Her horrible night had just turned into the sweetest dream.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow smiled and took her into his arms and lifted her into the air and chuckled lightly. He saw the look on her face and he nuzzled her neck lightly as he looked into her eyes. When she talked about his necklace he looked down to it and then he looked back to her, his tail moving like hers.

I never take it off, not even in a fight with a cat or a bear it has never been removed.

Shadow spun with her in his arms and then he put her back down but he still held her close. His eyes couldn't help but look into hers, she had almost been the one and a part of him wished she was. Maybe in another world or another time they could have been together. Things are said to happen for a reason but that reason wasn't always good or fair.

His ears went to half mast as he looked to her they were like a pair of lovers that could never be. He wanted to kiss her, just to see how it would be, how it would feel, but he knew better.

<style>
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
She laughed lightly, like the young lover she was.

The feel of his fur was just as she remembered, soft and silky. his eyes were just as bright as they were when they met.

"So, you have been in a fight with a cat lately?" she asked lightly. She didn't resist to stay in his embrace as he set her down. She laid her chin on his chest looking into his eyes. They were full of bright love. She only wished that love could have been for her. Maybe someday it can be, she thought. She saw his ears lower.

"Shadowfang, do you ever think...," she trailed off unable to finish the sentence. She didn't want to ask and ruin the tender moment but curiosity had gotten the better of her. She lightly touched the necklace around his neck, tracing the dents in the tooth and the leather that held it in place. A sudden jealousy filled her. She was jealous of the wolf that got to hold him. But she pushed that away. He was here for now. Cherish the time.
[html]

OOC here!

He knew what she was getting at and he felt it as well. What if they had gotten together when they first met and what if right now they could kiss and it would be alright. His heart was fluttering and he knew she would be able to feel it beating within his chest.

You can call me Shadow. And yes I do...Your probably thinking, what it would have been like if we were together, If we could do more than just hold one another and at this moment kiss one another. If only you knew how I feel about you...If only you could see it, The pain of not having you by my side. But...I can't...I can't hurt her.

He hugged her close and rested his chin on her head and he closed his eyes as he sighed and let his mind go over what could have been. His tail kept wagging but it started to move slowly as the mood changed. He wished that she would just kiss him and get it over with but, he would have to stop her and if she did kiss him, it would only complicate things further. If that happened both of them would pay for it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Dara listened to him with her eyes closed. She felt his chest rising and falling. It was the only stable thing right now. She wanted with all her being to kiss him, but she knew better and wouldn't let her.

"Yes, Shadow, that's exactly it. You don't have to go anywhere soon do you?" she asked gently. She kind of wanted company for the night of he would stay but if he had to return to his pack he could. He hadn't said it yet, but she could smell the other wolves' smells on him.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow heard her voice agree with him and he sighed lightly as he very slowly pulled away and he gently led her over to stump and sat her down onto it. After she sat down he sat next to her. He took her hands in his and kissed them gently like he would her lips if allowed and he spoke softly and lovingly.

No I don't have to be anywhere...I can stay here with you and we can talk more. Actually I would like to ask you something. How did you get all the way over here? what are you doing here?

He continued to hold onto her hands as he spoke and he smiled as he waited for her to tell her story.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Dara left him let go and almost wanted to him to not let go. She followed him over to the tree. She would have followed him to Germany if he wanted. The softness of his lips on her paw sent chills through her body. The feeling wasn't new or foreign to her, but this one was different from the one she knew. This on was one she would crave.

She listened and gripped his hand tightly, unconsciously rubbing her thumb across the back of his paw out of habit. She laughed lightly at his question. "Funny thing about that. I was just wandering and wandering, and wound up here. I have no sense of direction and am kinda lost," she admitted. Her voice cared humor that she hoped covered up the embarrassment in her voice.

"I would love for you to stay. I am waiting here until morning to return to my pack lands. Yeah, me wandering around hopelessly lost and the dark just don't mix very well."
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow listened to her words carefully and he kept looking into her eyes as he told him about hos she had gotten lost and he couldn't help but give a simple chuckle. When she told him about her not mixing well with the dark he raised a brow and smiled as he joked.

Don't mix well with the dark? You and me seem to mix pretty well, I love having you around and I going to guess and say that you like my company as well.

He laughed lightly as he looked towards his pack lands and then slowly his eyes went to the moon above them and he smiled at it. After looking to the moon and thanking it for bringing Dara to him he looked back into Dara's eyes. I can stay with you and keep you company, My pack isn't far from here and I'll even travel with you and make sure you arrive at your border safe and sound, it's the least I can do.

Shadow's tail moved lightly behind him as he looked to there little area by the fire and he had to ask because it was bound to happen at some point.

So where should I sleep?

He had an answer for it but it was something he couldn't do or say. He belonged to another and he would not allow himself to be disloyal.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
She listened to his response, and laughed a lightly. "Yes, but I can get lost in your eyes and not care one bit.". She thought about the many answers that rolled though her head to his statement and settled on the most honest answer.

"Of course I always enjoy your company."

She hadn't really thought about going home tomorrow and having to leave. But, he was a knight in shining armor to her. {b]"I would love that. It would be lovely," [/b] she admitted. Her idea to go on a walk this morning seemed horrible less than half an hour ago. But now, it seemed like the best twist of fate, though fate was only teasing her.

His question was one she could answer in many ways, but most weren't one she could allow herself to say. She knew better. "Well, you can sleep right here next to the fire, and I'll sleep on the other side of it, or in the lowest branches of the tree," she said shifting herself to get more comfortable. The was an answer she longed to say but stopped herself.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow moved to the other side of the flames and layed on his back as he looked up to the stars. He smiled and then after Dara had laid down he turned his head to the side and she was at the same level he was. He chuckled lightly as he looked into her eyes and then he sighed lightly knowing he had to speak what she already knew.

I know you have smelled it on me. The other wolf. Her name is Insomnia, she is a wonderful person and I love her. I wish things could have been different...no, I don't, things happened like they did for a reason but I still care about you. I may not be able to be with you in the way you want, but I will always be here for you as the best friend you could possibly have.

I promise I'll blow every friend you have out of the water to make myself that title. I missed you, you know. I've thought about and wondered what you were doing and how you were doing. As beautiful as you are I would have thought some other wolf would have fought to claim you as his own. Any possible mates out there in your world?

He wanted to change the subject in order to stop from thinking about impossible dreams but knew by the look in her eyes, what she was thinking and what she wanted.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
She watched him move to the either side of the flame and get comfortable. Dara rolled onto her stomach and propped herself up on her forearms. But, something was poking into her stomach. Gently she rolled over to her back and saw her dagger gleaming in the fire light. She had entirely forgotten it. She put it away and then laid back on her stomach watching Shadow through the light.

His words meant the world to her right now and she believed every word and knew he meant it by the look in his eyes. "The scent wasn't hard to miss. But. either way, I'm glad you are happy. Fate has a twisted sense of humor. But, things will work out. You already have the title of my best friend and you always will.

I think about you in the same fashion, hoping life is making you happy."
she said, her thoughts pouring out into one big ramble. She 'blushed' when he called her beautiful.

"Uh, no. Not as of now. Most males are taken in my pack, or are just pups. I have been looking though, if that means anything," she said, stumbling over some words. She wanted to add another part to that but thought better of it. Better to keep that a secret from everyone, she thought to herself, while watching the reflection of the fire dance in his eyes. She was forcing back thoughts that shouldn't be coming to her mind now.

Dreams. That's all the thoughts were and they could wait until later. " But, I'm serious. There is virtually no male for me in my pack, sad as that is."
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow remained laying on his back with his hands lying on his chest. He breathed lightly and his tail moved slowly from behind him and it patted the ground lightly in a content fashion. Shadow smiled as he looked to her and then when he heard that no guy had taken interest he tilted his head lightly and spoke in disbelief.

Your telling me that right now, no guy has taken notice of you, Are they blind? What about the girls? Are they blind too?

He meant that last part as a joke and after saying it he thought and started again still with a smile on his face.

You have something on your mind....care to speak it? If not I understand.

He moved his head a little and made it comfortable as he looked at her and waited to hear what she had to say.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Dara laughed at his surprise that no male had taken any interest in her. But then he added the female part and she got choked up but kept laughing even though it probably come out quiet awkward. She saw he was content and she knew he was her best friend, and deserved to know this. Hotaru, a pack mate of her's, and her own alphess knew but why was it so hard to tell me.

"I always have something on my mind. I do care to speak. But, it's hard to say for some reason. So easy to tell others but...you. You are different." She began speak calmly and softly. He won't reject you. Just say it, her mind said to her.

"You joke when you say the girls are blind, but I only wish they weren't. Yes, that seems odd and unusual, I know. But I say that because well, I am bisexual.You're my best friend you deserve to know that." I absolutely hope this changes nothing between us or his view of me, she thought.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow looked to her eyes and watched her every action and he knew he had hit a subject that she felt bad about. He waited patiently as she worked up her courage and then he head it. She liked females as well? hmm? It only took him seconds to think about how he would react and to show her that it mattered not he figured he would joke more to lighten the mood and her heart.

When you find a girl...I wanna watch. promise you'll invite me to see that.

He smiled so big and laughed as he reached his arm over around the fire and opened his hand so he could hold hers.

I could care less, You are who you are, and the same goes for me. You like girls and I have a violent past. I love you for who you are and your my best friend, something like that could never make be stop thinking as I do.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Dara had to laugh very hardly at me. "Yeah you can watch," she said joking backing. Nothing changed. She grabbed his hand, feeling the heat from the fire.

"Shadow I love you for you too. I don't care about your past. I only care about your present." The fire was annoying her right at this moment. It was a barrier. She gripped his hand as tightly as she could. "So did you complete your goal of traveling to all the packs before picking one? Oh, and you mind if I wandered a bit farther before you escort me home. I wanna find someone in the Dampwoods, just to see if she is there. Just listen for my howl to let you know I ne- want you to escort me home. Would that be fine?" she asked just remember a plan that she had that need to be put into action.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow squeezed her hand back and then smiled and before she could even fish and ask if he wanted to travel with her he shook his head up and down lightly as he winkedOf course I'll travel with you, anywhere you need to go, it couldn't hurt to have a friend there right? He chuckled lightly and then he brought his hand back and looked up and asked his next set of questions that came to mind. Did you wanna head there now or was that something to be done in the morning? Oh and will you need to be carried, I'm strong you know, I can carry you if you get to tired.

Shadow closes his eyes lightly as he smiled and his teeth could lightly be seen thanks to the light of the moon. He was happy being with Dara, she could never take the place of Insomnia but she was still special to him.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Dara smiled a warm smile. He always knew just what to say. "Of course it wouldn't hurt because it's you. I think you would enjoy coming, by the way," she said, winking at him. She let a smirk play across her lips.

She reluctantly pulled her hand back to her side and listened to him. "Well, i think that the sunlight would be better for my purposes. Oh, I'll take that offer if I need it." She thought contemplated leaving now but decided to savoir the time she had with Shadow before he returned to his mate.

She saw the small glint of his teeth in the moonlight. It was odd because she hadn't really since them like that in the moonlight. Shadow was the thing that made her happiest.

"Shadow, I know this is entirely random but what is considered cheating in your mind?" She wasn't going to try anything here tonight. That wasn't what she was getting at. She more was wondering about a relationship with a female "dating" another female and male. Damn, that didn't come across like i had wanted.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow listened closely to the words of Dara and then when she asked her" random "question he tilted his head and then he looked to her instead of the stars.

Well, hugging doesn't count since we have already done that and i would be screw if it did. hmm..well...kissing, for one, and the other actions that follow it. Normal nips and nuzzling of affection is okay since my whole pack does it. Just the more, personal actions are out of the equation. I can hang out with you and all that, however if i spend more time with you than my mate then i think we will both get it.

He chuckled at the last part but his mind ended of going over what it might have been like to kiss her, to maybe, No, he would never do that. His mind was cleared right away and lightly he took his hand and went to his chest and he moved the fur a little and showed Dara his mark, the one Insomnia had cut into his flesh with her own claws.

This symbol is her mark saying I belong to her, she had one that I gave her as well. I met a friend of mine who thought that the mark on me was a slave mark. could you imagine someone as big as me as a slave. I would feel bad for whoever my master was.

<style>
</style>
[/html]