Only a Lonely Heart
Dara listened and agreed with what he was saying. Her mind seemed to wonder but come back at the beginning of his sentences.

"Yeah, I feel the same on that," she said, sighing lightly. The what if thoughts came back into her mind once again but were chased away when he showed her that mark. It was unique to say the least, and looked as if it would have been very painful.

She laughed loudly. "I would think that you would be the slave master, considering your size and strength. Someone making you a slave? Well that's just impossible to imagine." She tried to imagine a wolf that could possible make Shadow a slave to them, but the image was absurd and other ways kind of nightmare worthy.

"Did it hurt? I mean, when she craved that mark?" she asked curiously. She already knew it was worth any pain in his mind.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow heard every word with perfect clarity and then he was asked a question. Did it hurt when Insomnia had marked him. It was a simple question worthy of a simple answer, however what came from his mouth was nothing simple.

Being what I am,means I have trained not to show pain, because pain is thought as weakness. Sometimes I think I forget to feel pain. Depending on what is being done, I actually don't feel anything. My father he would tie me to tree, boulders, anything he could to make sure I couldn't get away and then he would take a whip to me. As I got older that whip turned to a knife, then a dagger, then a sword, then arrows, I even think a red hot poker was used at one point, then they were all used at once. My father said that he would stop when I felt no pain, and to feel no pain would mean one of two things, either I've died or I have mastered my pain. No one in my pack can every truly know what hell's I have gone through. Anyways to answer your question. When she cut into me, my nerves said that I should be feeling pain, but did it hurt? No. I still acknowledge the existence of pain but wither or not it hurts is another story.

Shadow looked to her and then he shook his head and looked back to the stars.

Sorry, I seem to have rambled a little.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Dara knew he had gone through hell when he was younger but nothing like that. The words took a while to sink in. The intensity of it was incredible and to believe he survived it all was amazing and almost impossible.

"I had no idea that you went through that much hell. And besides, rambling is good sometimes. Sometimes things just need to be said to someone else. I don't mind actually. I could listen to someone talk for hours if they needed me too," Dara said after the silence had been to much for her. She yawned but fought back another one.
Shadow looked to her and smiled as he saw her yawn and he chuckled as he shook his head lightly. Go ahead and sleep my dear. I promise when you wake up I will still be here, and then we can travel together and get you back to your pack. I might even stay the night depending on how late it is and if I am allowed. He nodded his head lightly as he took his hand and motioned for her to close her eyes. He loved spending time with her, she was easy to talk to and was close to his heart. He was open with everyone but with her, he felt like he could tell her anything.
Dara sleepily smiled. She knew it was lopsided, but oh well. She was completely forgetting about something but she could care less. As long as you promise, she said, quickly followed by another yawn. Her mind reeled as she listened to him talk, though most of it was just going into one ear and out the other. I don't think Skye would mind, as long as you are with me. But I would have to ask, either way.

The last thing she saw that night was Shadow's eyes and his kind, caring, and warm smile. Dara wasn't a very secretive wolf at all, but out of everyone Shadow knew the most about her. He was just that close to her. Goodnight, she whispered, closing her eyes and letting sleep win the fight she had been putting up.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow waited until he heard that sleep had taken Dara and then after she was lost in her dreams he closed his own eyes and smiled lightly as he let sleep take him away as well. Hours passed and the fire slowly died just in time for morning. Shadow stirred lightly as he heard the call of birds and other animals in the area and slowly his eyes opened. He looked straight up and then slowly he turned his head and looked to Dara and smiled seeing that she was asleep and she looked peaceful.

He slowly got up and without waking her ran off to get some rabbits for breakfast, luckily enough there were ones close by and he managed to catch kill and even started to lightly cook so that when Dara awoke it would be to the smell of juicy fresh meat. He kept looking to her as he placed her rabbit near her and blew lightly at it to have the smell focus around her nose.

Once he saw her start to move he chuckled and spoke gently.

Good morning sleepy head, breakfast is right next to you.

Shadow smiled at her when her eyes opened and he pointed with a knife to the meat right near her.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Dara slept soundly and more restful than she had in a long time, knowing that Shadow was there. Only once did she wake up in the middle of the night from an unpleasant dream. She quickly fell back asleep and only woke up to the smell of rabbit meat filling her nostrils. She heard Shadow say something about it being right next to her.

She looked and saw what he meant. A slightly cooked rabbit sat right in her face. "Good morning. Smells delicious. she muttered sleepily. She sat up and started to eat. This reminded her of when she traveled with Sal and Crixsus. Crixsus would hunt and Sal would cook it, both letting her sleep until it was ready. Strangely enough, Shadow reminded her of Crixsus, except Crxisus was lighter, almost a dark gray instead of black.

She smiled. You reminded me of my brother. She didn't know why she said it, she just did.
Shadow chuckled lightly as he looked to Dara as she ate and he chimed in. Was your brother a awesome assassin too? I'm just kidding, your brothers sounds like a good man, I would have liked to meet him. Shadow looked to the fire and then slowly he started to pack of the area as he got everything together. He packed up the pelts and the meat and he wore it all on his back as he smiled to Dara and helped her up with one hand. After helping her up his tail moved behind him as he motioned with one hand for her to lead the way. Lead the way Dara, you know where your going better than I, it's time for us to have our little journey. He let her lead the way as he walked up next to her and helped her on her way to see her friend.
"Maybe. He was amazing but I just had to leave. She finished eating and watched him clean up the area in a minute. It was amazing. Dara gathered her bag and placed her daggers in their spots. She stood beside him and kind of laughed. "About that...I just wanna get home. She will understand." I hope.

Dara had her senses back about her. She didn't realize how far she had wandered from the pack. "We are headed to CdA, my home. I would like for you to see where I live now," she said walking toward her home. "It's a creative artistic and trading pack. We also built the first official ship in Nova Scotia," she said with pride in her voice.
Shadow listened to her story and smiled lightly as he shook his head and looked to the ground for a second and then he looked to Dara as they walked.

Thats some achievement. I have been on boat before but it was a long time ago and to hear that you have made one, I would love to see it. Your going to have to show me it when we get to your pack. Do you think they will like me or will I have to sneak around or act as your prisoner?

Shadow laughed lightly as he moved closer and gently pushed her shoulder with his as they walked.

Are you sure your friend will understand you not coming to meet her? I don't want to stop you from anything important.

Shadows tail was wagging lightly behind him as he smiled to his friend. They were going to have a fun journey and Shadow knew that he would be back to New Dawn in no time at all.
Dara was jealous that he had been on a boat before. She hadn't ever been one on and really wants too. Sadly, she hasn't even stepped foot on their own boat. She laughed hearing him mention acting like he was her prisoner. She could never do that.

I will try to show you. You should have came when we had our 'open pack' deal. Skye, my pack leader, wanted to allow wolves to see the boat without really having the boarders of our pack enforced. I could have showed you then too.

I'm pretty sure they will like you. They wouldn't like me having a prisoner. We have a culture based around creation of life. I have to warn you though about an old pack member of CdA. He runs free now. His name is Liam. He hates black wolves. He killed a wolf in our pack because they were black. Please watch out for him.

Dara took a minute to let the warning sink into his head. She would blame herself if Liam hurt Shadow and she hadn't warned him.

It's fine. I promise. It's not important, just a want. But, I would rather stay with you. She looked up and watched the rising sun. She looked over to the edge of the area they were in and saw...a bird. She shuttered, and touched the leather on her wrists. Would you ever keep a bird as a companion? Another random question, yes.
Shadow smiled lightly as she told her story.He chuckled lightly as she asked her random question and then he thought about it. Would he have a bird as a companion ? He acted like he was thinking really hard and then he nodded. if that bird could talk or communicate with you then yeah. Think about it. You could be hunting, send out the bird and then it would check the area, come back and tell you where the prey was, and if you were tracking someone the bird could watch over head and keep track of them and all you would have to do is follow the bird. It would be amazing. shadow smiled and waited to hear what she would have to say.
She listened to him talk about the 'perks' of a bird. Sure, Hotaru had one that she used as her eyes and that's what he was saying, but it was nuts!

You're nuts! A bird? Really? They scare the hell out of me! All except for one of course, but he's my pack mate's and Fawkes likes me so why should I be afraid of him.

Her words were very enthusiastic and loud. She laughed though after calling him nuts. She looked at him for a quick second and smiled brightly.

I would never have a bird. I would want something like a horse. I really want a horse. This time her words were spastic, as usual.

Absent minded, she fixed her bandana and leather bands. She double checked each one to make sure they covered what she wanted.
Shadow laughed loud as he covered his mouth trying to keep it down and then after his breathing and laughter calmed he spoke.

Your a big bad wolf and your afraid of a little bird? to tell you the truth if I was going to have a companion it would either be a horse like you picked or a small animal, like a cat, ferret or other small animal. And in regards to you owning a horse perhaps one day I could have one sent your way. I have some connections and go hunting a lot, might be able to trade some furs and pelts for a fine horse. Did you have a favorite type or color of horse?

Shadow smiled and winked at her. he sounds like he might have been joking but he meant it. He would send a gift her way if she really wanted one, it was the least he could do.
She growled playfully. Hey! Birds are dangerous! See, she said moving the cloth away from her chest to show that scars she had from a bird attack. And, She placed the cloth back in place and covered the scar perfectly. Gently she slide the leather off her right wrist to show the place where bird talons had dug into her arm during the same attack. She slid the leather back on her wrist and thought about showing the mark her dad had given her with a hot knife but decided against it.

All happened during a bird attack. But, I like like to have a mink or a cat. I think cats are adorable.

She looked at him, trying to tell if he was joking. She saw him wink and knew he had to be serious.

Well,if you are serious, I think a black or white horse would be quite fine. No certain type. Just color. Though, I would take anything if it came down to it.

Dara let out a content sigh and watched the distance between her and her pack shorten. She hoped they got there before night fall. She wasn't entirely sure if Skye would let him spend the night.
Shadow and Dara continued to walk and talk about everything and nothing. They had completely lost track of time as they moved due to the fun of talking about the future and of the past. In no time at all they had arrived at Dara's pack territory and Shadow stopped as he smelt the mark of the boarder and he looked to Dara and he smiled and nodded.

I guess it's time to see if they will take a brute like me in for the night. I let you take the honors of calling for them. I don't want to offend or seem pushy.

Shadow crossed his arms and took a relaxed pose as he watched Dara and after she howled he looked to the boarder and waited to see who would come. Shadow hoped that he would be excepted and able to rest for the night but at the same time he wanted to get back home to New Dawn and if he wasn't allowed it wouldn't kill him, he could always see Dara again since he knew which pack she was part of.
OOC: Wrapping it up here. You can put your exit and we'll end alright?

It seemed to take no time at all for them to reach the familiar boarder. She breathed deep, missing the scent of her pack. She nodded and howled. It was long and drawn out. One that requested permission for a guest. She stood next to Shadow outside the boarder. She could have crossed and went to find someone easily, but she waited to hear a response.

Sadly, she didn't and knew what that meant. Her call had been for a certain wolf and knew since she didn't show up he wasn't allowed in. She turned to him, sadness in her eyes. She wanted him to stay but the silence meant no.

Sorry darling. No response means no. I guess you have to go back to your pack. She gave him a hug before crossing over her boarders. Night, Shadow. Now you know where I live, come visit alright? she said with a gently laugh. After hearing his response she walked toward the heart of Cercatori D'Arte, where her house was waiting,
Shadow hugged her back tightly and even lifted her as he smiled and nuzzled her lightly while she walked past the boarder line. Of course I will come by and visit. Your my best friend after all. Shadow stood there as he watched her leave and he looked to the necklace around his neck and he grabbed it and looked to the tooth of the cat upon it and he kissed it lightly as he nodded to the boarder and then he turned and headed home. He smiled and as he thought about getting back to Insomnia he shifter into his Secui form and darted off to make good time. He wouldn't rest for the night and he would keep moving till he got home to the one he loved.