Out with the old, in with the new
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

ooc; I have no idea what the old stables look like, so if someone could describe them to me, I will hug you long time <3 Anyone is welcome to join Alduin. Just doing his work for the contest n.n

Though new, Alduin felt compelled to do all he could to assist the pack in their endeavors. He was a bit slow to start his share of the projects that needed to be done, but he figured now was better than never. So, he woke that morning fully rested and eager to head to the old stables and begin clearing out what he could to make way for the workshop. Fortunately, the garden wasn’t his only option, and he thanked his lucky stars for it. He knew nothing about caring for plants, but he had plenty of time and strength to pick things up and move them around.

So, it wasn’t long before he walked as Luperci from his den and into the old stables, hair tied back in a messy ponytail to keep it from interfering with his work. The journey was short, as his den was almost literally right around the corner from the future workshop. As he stood at its entrance, he took a moment to take in what was before him. As he expected, the floor needed a good bit of picking up and the old structures definitely had to go. There was much to be done, and it seemed he was the only one there for now. He shrugged, and pressed on. Others were sure to come.

Thus, he began his work, taking in his arms as much as he could to clear away from the entrance to make access a bit easier for everyone else.

Contest thread #1

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
The dark-coated lady had been meaning to head to the garden. She'd taken the announcements at the pack meeting most seriously, as she did anything her mother said - she knew Naniko too well not to. She knew something about plants, relying on them to flavour her recipes. But as she crossed the tunnel near the commons, she saw ahead a dark and loosely-tied ponytail, disappearing towards what used to be the stables. Down here in the torchlight, colours were indistinct and shapes shadowed and concealed - so Caprica could easily be forgiven for thinking that the new Angelo, Alaki was the passer-by; and that's just what she did. An impulsive urge came over her to follow him, so she strode down the corridor, garbed simply with only a handful of bracelets and necklaces - and nothing else except a simple plain leather wrapped skirt, with pockets for tools - she'd been planning to work today, after all.

She hesitated outside. What exactly was she doing? But she set her jaw. She could see him if she wanted to. She didn't need to make amends for their disagreement. She was allowed to participate in the work of the pack. And he was as much at fault as Caprica herself for the hard words which had passed between them. She was too big a person to be petty, though. She had plenty of time left to prove her viewpoint to him. Nothing was going to stop her seeing her Angelo in the meantime.

Caprica swept into the large cave that had previously housed the horses, and stopped just past the entrance, where debris littered the floor from somebody's previous attempts at getting everything equestrian removed. Her hands went to her hips in a show of bravado. "I've come to help, but don't think that means I'm giving up on fixing that sword," she announced to the room at large. "I'm still in the prep and research stage, if you must know…" but then her eyes hit the male figure of the Tuyul and her hands flew to her mouth. What a stupid mistake. "Oh. You're… you're in here," she spluttered lamely, the newcomer's name escaping her memory for the time being. "I thought… um. Hi."
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Well don't mind if I do ;D The old stables are inside of a large cavern. It's a more natural environment for 'em, with minor wood structures to keep the horses in "stall" like areas. There's a central area in the middle where they can all eat..I've always imagined it to look like this: Click

She felt that there was a lot of trust in she and Caprica's relationship as mother and daughter. The girl was one of the few children of hers that had come back to her, and she'd never questioned whether Naniko was a fit leader or any of her methods or ways despite her exile from Crimson Dreams. It wasn't a subject that Naniko liked to speak much about, and the pups had been born after her exile...so perhaps it was something that would never come up in conversation between the two. All that she knew was that if she needed help with something or needed somebody to lean on, Caprica could always be depended upon. Trust wasn't very easy to build at times...but she felt that they had it.

The Angela had spotted her dark daughter heading toward the stables and had followed her, curious about her intentions - was she going to go and help with the preparations for the new workshop? The shop was being created so that Caprica and others in her tier could have a place to work and so that the horses could be kept outdoors, so she was hopeful that the girl would try to help out with it a bit. That anyone in the pack would, really. She neared and heard her daughter's voice. "Talking to yourself, dear?" She teased as she approached from the rear, not seeing into the room quite yet.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

ooc; Yay! I have a visual now! Me hugs you long time~
Word count: 419 // +3 points

Alduin’s ears shot up when he’d heard footsteps approaching, and his body slowly began to prepare itself for battle. In his mind, he knew better. No one but the pack would be wandering about the tunnels with such confidence in their steps; but, he remained paranoid out of instinct. Too many months in Alaska, perhaps. So he did his best to calm his nerves, and when Caprica appeared and spoke to him, he felt more confused than anything. He turned his head to face her, one eyebrow raised, but a smile playing sweetly on his lips.

I am sorry that I am not who you appear to be looking for, madam,” he said as he continued to move the piles of wood elsewhere. “But hello to you as well. Sadly, I find that I must apologize again, though. I’m not certain we’ve met long enough to exchange names.

He had seen Caprica before at the pack meeting, but she had only been a face in the crowd. No one introduced themselves, so Alduin was left with only faces to remember. So he walked toward her and, when he was close enough, set the wooden planks he’d been carrying down by his side. Now was as good a time as any to make her acquaintance.

My name is Alduin,” he said with as deep a bow as he could muster. “Should you have need of me, you have but to call. Might I ask you for your name and what brings you here today, miss?

As he lifted his body from the bow, his eyes drifted not to Caprica’s face as he had expected, but instead into the darkness behind her. A voice had called out from there, and he was familiar with it. His tail began to wag slowly in excitement. Yes, he knew that voice well, and he knew the person who owned it was a kind spirit. It was then he decided that he would enjoy his company even more.

My Lady,” he called out gently. “To what do we owe the honor?

His ears fell toward his head and his posture became somewhat slouched. Kind as she was, there was still something about her that forced him to act submissively. Alduin hadn’t the slightest idea as to why Naniko was there, though. If she was here to help, it would surprise him. Surely someone in her position would have had much more on their plate. If she was here to help, though, he would be a fool to turn her away. The stables were certainly not a lone wolf job.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
The ponytailed man was very well-spoken. Something Alaki - nor Caprica herself - really shared. As her heart settled once more she concentrated on the wolf before her, one with a straightforward and yet intelligent expression, height and weight to possibly match even her own bulk, and a highly flattering bow which made her feel like royalty. She had no time to answer Alduin, though, having only just noticed her mother's arrival. "No, I was just talking to Alaki… oh sorry - Alduin," she corrected. Why had her idiotic mind made the same mistake twice? It was ridiculous. "Right?" She looked back at the new acquaintance, praying she'd got the name right the second time, or she was really going to look stupid. And that would never do in front of Naniko.

Caprica was a simple enough wolf at times. If her mom had done something in the past, then she had her reasons. Until she displayed signs of insanity, unreliability or anything else, Caprica would continue to trust her without question. And she doubted that the day would ever come when that changed. The Angela had almost goddess-like stature in her daughter's mind, although not because of her rank, or any supposed perfection: Caprica was under no such delusions. Merely it was her ability to inspire blind faith, by being a little unreachable: distant, aloof, but also somehow able to inspire great feelings of protection and comfort. Caprica had always intended to wind up strong like her mother, but had no idea how to begin.

She settled for grinning widely and quickly answering the man's question, that he had waited for long enough. "I'm Caprica, and I'm here to help!" she declared, before saluting her mother with jaunty respect. "I figure we can use the same wood from the stables for the workshop furnishings… what do you think?" she asked the room at large, gazing around at the assorted planks and beams.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

No problemo! 8D I also imagine that it has a few holes conveniently placed in the wall that would allow the horses to get fresh air, heh. But those could be covered by furs in the winter to keep the winds out. I think things through too much sometimes XD

She was very proud to find that her creative daughter was trying to help with the new workshop. Naniko hadn't seen Rio around much and the girl had come late to the meeting, so she wasn't inspiring quite the same amount of faith. Naniko was glad to have this time to work on things with Caprica and Alduin - she had meant to ask how the male was doing since she had accepted him, and she also hoped to spend a little more quality time with Caprica. She saw her three youngest on a very regular basis (Judas especially would often come to her for advice or insight) but didn't get the chance to spend much time with her two daughters that lived here as well.

Naniko popped her head through the doorway, peering inside. "Hello, Alduin. I was wandering down the hall when I caught scent of one of my children and followed them here" She looked to Caprica, giving a small smile. She entered the room as well, looking about at the mess that had been made of the place. It would soon be transformed into a visage of beauty, she knew. Naniko nodded to Caprica in agreeance to her words, gesturing around herself. "I think we should sweep this place out entirely of everything. Wood, dust, whatever else. Just get everything out and clean. Then we can bring things in piece by piece and put them together. I just feel like there's an awful lot of clutter in here to begin with"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 321 // +3 points
Just curious: how far into the cleaning/building/whatevers did you guys want to get in to? We looking to do just the minimum 5 posts per person, or more?

So she had thought him to be Alaki? Alduin remained somewhat confused, but he brushed it off, not caring too much for who she thought he was so long as he knew now. He smiled at her as she corrected herself and sought assurance, nodding slightly as she gave him her name.

It is nothing short of pleasure to formally meet you, Miz Caprica,” he said respectfully.

After Caprica said her piece and Naniko agreed, Alduin could do no less than find that their plan of action of was very much acceptable. He crouched to pick up the pile of wooden planks he’d been carrying and lifted them back into his arms with ease.

Very well, then,” he said as he walked to entrance and placed the planks just outside of it.

He had little experience with building, but Alduin would at least move things around and clean the old stables so that someone could prepare the benches for the to-be workshop. He felt terribly for being so useless, but some work was better than no work, and he was certain they would appreciate that.

My dearest ladies,” he began as he entered the cave once again, “I do hate to ask you to do any lifting. Capable as you are, I would prefer you didn’t worry yourself with such a trivial task; but, seeing as I find myself unwilling to let any time be wasted with this project, I find I must request to enlist your strength.

If he had the speed of a roadrunner, he would have cleared the stables himself. He had been raised in a traditional manner, and having females work at all was almost completely against everything he’d been taught. He knew both of them were strong and competent wolves, thought, so he couldn’t find it within himself to have them just standing about with nothing to do. He was fairly certain they wouldn’t like that.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
OOC: Anything's good for me… see how it goes when the time comes?

Caprica nodded in agreement with Naniko's words. It would be easier to see how the place would fit back together once it was empty: a blank canvas to let their imaginations play with. Alduin assented as well, which of course, he was wise to do considering the D'Angelo women outnumbered him. He spoke very well, and went on to politely request their help, which made Caprica have to force down a snigger. What did he think, she and Naniko were just going to stand there and give orders while they watched him work? Why on earth would he think that? "Way ahead of ya, bro," she smiled at him, rather amused by his chivalric words, and scooped up a pair of saddle stands to tote out to the exterior tunnel. "So where'd you find this guy, mom?" she questioned as she passed Naniko, loud enough for Alduin to hear as well, in case he preferred to tell her about his circumstances of joining the pack. She meant it in a friendly way, and her tone was more jokey than judgemental despite her mildly belittling choice of words. He seemed like a highly useful character and someone she would like having around. But possibly he wasn't the type to take a joke. She would have to try and watch her mouth around him: keep it polite, rather than the sassy backchat she often fell into as her default manner.
[html]
OOC goes here
They could do some cleaning out and then take a break and talk or something if you guys want :O or if you want they could like..hunt or something random afterward <3 or we can end it - either way is fine by me ^^

She hadn't heard what Caprica had said at first about Alaki, but if she had she would have been quite perplexed by it. The Angela had no idea about what was going on between the two canines and didn't really want to know - it wasn't her business to monitor her childrens' actions now that they were grown. She could only hope that they would make good choices and that they would know that they could come to her if they ever needed advice. She'd protect them if they got into too big of trouble...but other than that she tried to be as hands-off as she could.

She began to help clear the room of items, looking back into it after she took the first item out. She could already tell that this place would work nicely as a shop for the craftsmen of the pack. Caprica asked a question and she paused in her work to answer, eyes flicking back and forth between the two. "He came to the borders seeking a place to stay temporarily, but I managed to convince him to stay" She said. It had been a nice compromise, offering him a place to live in exchange for his help with the pack. "I think we're lucky to have another good member...it's not often that we get members who jump up into a rank tier so quickly" She commented.

<style>
.gnani .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#cb8680; }
.gnani p {padding:3px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.gnani b {color:#f1e7f6; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#7e1f5f 1px 1px 2px; }
.gnani .line1 {width:350px; border-top:1px dotted #cb8680; margin:0 auto 3px auto;text-align:center;}
.gnani {background-color:#e4c8f0; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/TRiAi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6f0f6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c07f9b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:13px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0 auto; }
.gnani-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #ab6b85; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 300 // +3 points
Hmm. I’m clueless! Maybe..umm…I don’t know x.x Fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu…

As the women discussed things, Alduin had kept silent and busied himself with clearing the stables. He made quick work of the old holding areas for the horses: breaking them down with ease and piling them next to himself so that he could move it out of the cavern for now. It had been a nice set up from what he could tell, but it was high time it be used for something else. Besides, he was sure the horses would appreciate the fresh air they had now been given. Soon enough, he had set most of the wood outside of the cave. As he returned from his most recent trip, he couldn’t help but overhear Naniko’s kind words and smile at the thought.

As always, you are too kind, my Lady,” he said cheerfully. “I do what I do for the family. Everyone does what they can; I am no exception. Thank you, though. Your words are appreciated.

He continued with his work, but stopped momentarily as he passed by Caprica.

Earlier, you called me ‘bro’,” he repeated curiously. “What does that mean? I haven’t upset you, have I?

The word confused him. He had a hunch as to what it meant, but he hated assuming for fear that he would appear stupid should he find need to repeat it. Having been raised only around his parents, Alduin had never heard of slang words before. They never used any around him, and this was his first encounter with one. Somewhat embarrassed for not knowing what the Botis had said, he flattened his ears to his head in shame and pressed on with removing things from the food trough.

Forgive me for not knowing, Miz Caprica,” he apologized softly. “I am afraid I was raised in a very different environment.

template by revo. <3

[/html]