Forget Something?
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Terra was poking through the items that had accumulated in her temporary den in the Haskel household. Well, not a den really. More like a large nest of blankets that Terra snuggled into. It wasn't much, a couple gifts from members wishing her well and a dagger from when Aylu had come by. She had kept the dagger, not because she expected to see him again, but because it was a beautiful weapon, and it reminded her of his edge, gentle but scarred.

Taking it into her mouth Terra proceeded to chew on the cold metal, wondering how she could use it in the future. She already had a fine pair of fighting daggers, one stolen the other a gift. Giving up this dagger because it had no use would be a shame. Concentrating she tried to figure out how it could be used. What did she use her current daggers for? Fighting and carving, mostly. Maybe she could use this dagger to carve, save the sharp edges on the others for battle.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

The trip had been longer then last time. He wasn't in much of a rush to see Terra again. He didn't want to get close like last time. She was the only one who had seen him naked like that. Both physically and mentally, he had laid himself bare to her and in the end he got hurt. He will be more protective of his feelings and what he gave up. Russell whinnied as they got closer to the Cour des Miracles boarder. He wasn't used to other wolves and Aylu rubbed his neck softly.

He dismounted and howled for Terra and for her to bring his dagger. He held the rope that kept Russell from getting away and he sat down, his face stoic and blank. He did wonder how Terra's leg was healing but other then that he wanted nothing to do with her. He hurt too much
[html]
Terra

Her head lifted with surprise when the call came out. Someone was asking for her at the borders? Concentrating Terra listened to the howl, wondering who it was. Recognizing it as Aylu her tail started wagging. He was back! Terra hadn't believed it to be possible, but for some reason he had returned. Terra stood up to head for the borders, pausing as she realized that he might want his dagger back. Grabbing it in her mouth Terra tumbled to the ground and began limping as rapidly as she could towards the borders. It was taking a long time, even with her leg being good enough for hobbling travel still took an awfully long time.

Lifting her head Terra let out a joyful howl, dancing through the air with the full spirit of the coyote, her notes stretched to last by her wolf's blood. He was here, and she was coming to see him. Her breath began to grow ragged as she reached the halfway point, her leg beginning to suffer under the strain. Refusing to give up and let Aylu disappear again Terra kept pushing herself. By the time she reached the borders her body was ragged with exhaustion. Panting she dropped the dagger, brightening up again as she saw the strange wolf before her. Hello!

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

He heard her before he saw her. Her howls were that of joy and happiness. Was that for him? His ear's flicked towards the russling close by and saw her limping towards him. He kept his face blank as she collapsed by his side and dropped his dagger by him. Her joyful hello was like his dagger though his chest.
"Hello Terra. Thank you for bring my dagger back. I think...you should go home now. I only came for my dagger. Your still pretty banged up. I don't want you to hurt more then you should," he said softly, keeping his face turned away from her.

He looked at the dagger and picked it up. There were a few dents in the metal but everything was ok besides the dagger being slightly dull. He had stopped carving recently because he found that he had been carving Terra along with the gray woman. He pulled out his latest carving. It was of Terra all smiles and joyful. She had a playful look to her and he put it in front of her. "So you have something to remember me by. I actually enjoyed carving you," he said softly before again looking away.
[html]
Terra

Flopped down to catch her breath Terra's guard was completely gone, sure in the fact that Aylu would take care of her like he had promised. He truly had cared for her last time, after all, even if he had left rather broken. Terra felt sorry for that, but she couldn't help it. She had been injured, and her protests had easily been overwhelmed by the presence of the pack's medic. Hearing that he had only come for the dagger and would be leaving again Terra shot up, confusion on her face. He had only come for the dagger? Nothing more?

Terra peered at the wolf, noting that he had new robes. The muscles beneath his body were hidden once more. No one would guess at the sight Terra had seen that day. The dagger was picked up, Aylu avoiding meeting her gaze. What was going on? A small piece of wood was pulled out, placed before the tiny coyote. Curiously she sniffed at it, dumbfounded at the sight of what appeared to be a very playful coyote, joyfully asking someone to come and play, mischief in her eyes. Terra didn't know it was her, having never had a clear look at herself. Concern flooded her eyes at his words. Are you sick?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

Aylu shook his head no. Was he sick? Lovesick maybe. "Lovesick maybe. I am sorry I was not able to care for you like I wanted. I almost didn't come back to get my dagger because of the way you make me feel. But a part of me wanted to check up on you. You seem to be doing well without my help. I am not of this pack. I don't know if I could take care of you. Do you want me to take care of you?" he whispered looking at Terra.

He reached for Terra, slowly running a gentle hand though her neck fur. She was beautiful and he wanted to be with her, take care of her. He pulled away and let his body sag with the weight of his emotions. He didn't know what to do. He wouldn't try to take Terra from her pack like last time but he didn't want to stay with a pack that may not like him. He had so many conflicting emotions that he involuntarily whined. "Tell me what I should do. I am so... confused," he whispered looking up at her
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: sorry for how naive she is

Lovesick? Terra didn't understand him. She had never been in love, had never experienced a first crush. The closest she'd gotten to those romantic feelings was the time spent with Drakien, her heart pounding as she danced to his music. To love another was something completely new to her. Sure, she liked Aylu, and she definitely cared for him. The attachments associated with love weren't there yet though, and it was unlikely that she would recognize it even when there was. The apology was met with a smile and a shake of her head. She didn't blame him. Her actions had been foolish, and Liam had probably been right to stop the stubborn coyote from following him.

For her to be the reason why he didn't come hurt Terra. Had she done something wrong to make him want to stay away? She didn't understand why he would feel so bad about her that he would want to avoid her. Terra's tail dropped completely then. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. Her green eyes looked dull, not caring for the fact that the wolf she had such a strong bond with had disliked her enough to wish to avoid her. Maybe she should just let him leave, that way he could feel better and not worry. His next words completely conflicted with what he'd said before though.

If he wanted to care for her, make sure she was doing well, then why did he want to avoid her? Terra nodded her head at his question. Being cared for by him made her feel special. It was like she was the only one around, like she was beautiful, instead of simply having a pretty coat. Terra moved closer to Aylu as he tangled his fingers into her fur. Terra wished she could shift, see him on equal grounds. It wasn't right, having him in optime while she was in lupine. They felt unequal somehow. Living in separate worlds, hers connected to the wilderness around him, his connected to the mercy and healing she had felt from him, the kind she wanted to understand and learn from him. The whine lifted from him, and Terra looked up into his eyes, licking his hand. Come with me.

She wasn't strong in any of her forms, but perhaps she could still show him something. Hidden trails branched off, formed by her travels. Silently she slipped through, glancing behind for Aylu to follow. There were places she discovered, ones hard to get to and often missed in optime form, places of beauty, harsh beyond measure. Traveling along this path Terra paced along, turning through the brambles, the roots above getting thicker, turning to stone, before she pulled out behind a frozen waterfall. Life glittered just beyond, a fox hunting a rabbit, birds singing about the spring that began to swallow around him. Nervously she sat down. Would he like it? Would he understand that she showed this to him, because she wanted him in her world, even if it lacked forgiveness?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

He was confused when she told him to follow. He shifted down to his lupine form, leaving his robes behind. Something about Terra made him feel like more then a monk, more then just a stranger. He followed to make sure she was safe and stayed close as she took him though brambles and rocks to show him a world he didn't think existed. They were in a medow surrounded by trees and bushes. Life thrived here and the starting of spring were in the air. He watched Terra sit down and slowly walked up to her, nuzzling against her softly before laying by her side. He licked her neck softly, cautious of the scabs that were there.

They were such a contrast. She was small while even in his lupine form he was slightly larger then a normal wolf. She was obvious a mix bred of wolf and coyote, while he was fully wolf. Everything about them was different, from their fur to their eyes. Much like the world they were in compared to the outside they had just been in. They were hidden from the world, from her pack. The only scents he could smell was the soft mist off the semi frozen waterfall, new growing life and Terra. Terra's scent was all over the place and he licked her again softly before finally saying something. "Its beautiful here Terra. Much like you. Serene, calm... lovely. If only I could stay in such a world with someone like you," he whispered nipping her ear softly
[html]
Terra

She watched Aylu approach, tail thumping softly at the look of wonder in his eyes. She had to wonder how long it would last, once he saw the other side of the world she lived in, the world where mercy had no place. She was nuzzled softly before he laid down beside her. Terra moved to be laying with him as well, nuzzling into his body as her neck was licked gently. Turning she gazed back out through the icy layer of the water, watching the fox leap, killing the screaming rabbit.

Satisfied by the sight of the kill Terra nestled in deeper, a happy whine slipping through her at his continued licks, gentle and insistent. His words worried her though. Ears flattened she turned to face him. I'm not calm. Neither is this world. We're both capable of doing whatever's needed to survive. I'm not exactly the restful type. If that's what he thought of her, then he didn't know her at all. She was feral, as hard to control as the flames of a fire.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

He laughed. In that moment she was calm. That was what he meant. "I know your not always calm like now. A woman like you must keep going or you wouldn't have limped out to see me. Any logical animal that was injured would have stayed put. I don't see you as that kind of animal. With out calm there is no chaos. With out life there is no death. Look at what that fox just did. If it wasn't for the natural order of things then we would be over run by rabbits. But look what the rabbit does for the fox. It feeds her kits that need to grow to keep the species alive. Everything is about balance. Look at us. Your wild and free and a bit of a loner at times. I am the polar opposite of that. I need the closeness of another be it a friend, a pup or family," he said with a gentle nudge to her side.

He could feel her small warm body press against his and again he noticed how different she was to him and his ways. And he loved every bit of it. "Why are you always so happy to see me? I am just a stranger that helped a beautiful, injured woman from her boarders. I don't understand what you see in me. But I love your company," he whispered again nuzzling against Terra's neck and side. He wanted to claim he as his. He wanted her scent on him and vice versa. But she didn't seem to understand that he really really liked her... he was as close to loving her as he could be for the time being.
[html]
Terra

His laughter was a bit surprising. It was nice to hear, deep and happy. The coyote grinned at his words, nodding her head. Yes, someone more logical wouldn't have gone out. She'd had to see him though. Something drew her to him, even if she didn't have a clue what it was. Not to mention the fact that she had been getting restless enough to try and chew her own leg off again. The last time that had happened Terra had ended up accidentally drugged out of her wits. She could still remember the crazy things that had happened then, making her highly suspicious of taking any more medications.

Looking out she listened to him speak of balance. Terra knew what he meant. After all, she walked the edge between life and death. To simply live without death was dull, but to embrace death would be to never live. His question ad her ears twitching. The nuzzles sent her rubbing against him as well, nibbling on his fur and just loving the attention, ears laid back happily. We're connected. You're not just a stranger. After that Terra didn't know how to describe it. The fact that he seemed so unique, drawing her to him like a moth to flames. Terra didn't wish to leave her wild world, but maybe she could still see his, become part of him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

He curled around her. Connected eh. He could feel her little nips to his chin and side, her lithe body rubbing against his own. She did understand what he was talking about. It made him feel better knowing that she understood that, despite their differences they completed each other. It might have been too soon but he wanted to ask. "I... I know we haven't known each other long but...I feel we have something special. I know what kind of girl you are and I would never keep you from an adventure. What I am trying to say is... will you be my mate? I will understand if you say no but I want you to know that I have feeling for you..." he said softly, suddenly shy and fearful.

He was scared he would run her off by the simple question and whine soon after asking her. "I am sorry...It's too early to... to...to be...be ask...asking that..." he stuttered before whining again.
[html]
Terra

Content where she was Terra laid, simply existing. It was rare for her to do that, usually too busy to slow down and just see what was around her. Being injured had forced her to do that, but it wasn't often she could just enjoy it. Oak had helped her see it, even in her heated state, now Aylu showed it to her too. The connection created when he removed those robes for the first time for a complete stranger was still there, and growing stronger. Her ears twitched as he began to talk, listening to the hesitation in his voice. They did have something unique, to say the least. This was a connection she didn't have with anyone else. Then again, no one else would be so foolish to do what they did, an injured coyote coming to the borders and a strange wolf helping her.

A small smile formed on her face at his words of knowing who she was. Aylu hadn't even seen a fifth of what she was capable of, crippled as she was. He had to come back and get to know her after she was healed. There was so much she could show him then. The question that followed caught her completely off guard though. His mate? Was he serious? Terra looked at him, completely startled. Feelings? What did feelings have to do with taking a mate? She was injured, there was no way she was in good enough condition to work as his partner in any way, shape, or form. Her mother would have jumped at the chance, taking him as her mate for a season, raising whatever pups resulted from it, but Terra wanted something more than the temporary mates that her pack had taken. Her instincts insisted she choose someone who could match her for life.

Perhaps it was the wolf blood in her, but Terra couldn't have casual relationships, her mind driven to find someone who would stay. His fear and shy behavior was definitely not something Terra wanted in a mate. He might be scared off too easily, leaving her alone. Shaking her head she looked up at him. I'm going to say no for now. I'm not capable of being anyone's mate in this condition, and I won't accept being asked like that. You can try again later. Reaching up Terra nuzzled his muzzle, reassuring him that she wasn't mad, just not ready.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

He knew his question had been premature. She was right. He knew nothing about her. "I understand but that wont stop me from trying," he said with confidence. He licked her cheek softly and took her gentle nuzzle. She was unique. He smiled before leaning so she was more comfortable. He had questions that he wanted to ask but didn't know if she would tell him.

"What should I know about you? Where is your family? Do you have siblings? Where are you from? Whats your favorite thing to do besides almost get killed by a cougar," he said jokingly. He laughed softly, nuzzling her like she was precious and royal. "When are you healed? I can visit you more often if you like. Maybe if you want, I could stay here with you for a while. I don't really like leaving you. I can keep you company if I am allowed to do so," he said. Just the thought of staying with her made his heart race. Would she want him to stay?
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Aylu's words brought a warm smile to Terra's face. Her tail wagged eagerly, hearing the challenge in his words. He would be working to capture her, convince her that she could be his mate, while she waited for him to meet the standards she required. It would be wonderful to watch him rise. Aylu leaned over, and she buried her head into his fur, the world forgotten in the tiny cave. In the background the sounds of the fox crunching on it's meal could be heard.

A flurry of questions followed, much like dealing with a pup. The first one was completely baffling to Terra, she had to take her time to think about it. I'm not a good hunter, but I'm quick and very good at stealing. That was something good to know. I know the weak spots on predators. That should be good to know too. Terra wasn't too sure what he had meant by that question, but one's ability to help the other was important in Terra's mind, not sure what love was.

My family...my pack I should say, is west, past the mountains and beyond the flat lands. I'm an only child, and my favorite thing to do is play games. It didn't matter what kind of game, she just loved it with her whole heart. The question about how long until she would be better irritated her like nothing else he'd asked. It was the same one she kept asking herself, over and over again, never receiving an answer. I don't know. Soon, I hope.

The offer of him staying with her brightened Terra up so much that it was actually visible in her appearance. Darkness seemed to flee the cave at her cheery response. You will? You'll stay with me? Truly? She loved being with Aylu, even if she didn't know why she did.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.greenleaf p {padding:2px 0px;margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.greenleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font size:11px; color:#207E06;}
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
"I will stay if you want me to. I wish that you could come with me to D'Arte," he said with a soft lick to her forehead. The reaction the simple comment would make was enough to have him laugh again as Terra's tail thumped against his hip. She liked games? That was an interesting concept for him to grasp. He would have to try a game with her when she was better. Maybe he could try one now.

"I want to try something. Its called the question game. I have already asked you some questions. Why don't you ask me some," he said with a soft nuzzle to her side and a little nip to her ear. He enjoyed her company. He would prove himself to her. Something about her was compelling and captivating, creative and spunky and he loved it.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

Eagerly Terra nodded, reaching over to lick at his muzzle, a happy whine coming from her. She wanted to be near this strange puzzle, learn about him and figure out what it was about him that seemed so compelling. She'd also have to think about his offer of being her mate more. Terra knew she needed a mate, and very quickly. Was he the one for her though? She didn't know enough about him to be able to make that decision, and Terra definitely wasn't good enough to act as a mate right now.

The question game? Terra looked at her quizzically. His explanation was simple enough. A trade of secrets in a way. Looking back Terra thought for a moment before speaking. Why did you never remove your robes before meeting me? Terra wanted to understand the connection between them, and maybe by starting there she would find her answer, the beginning of how they were joined. Or perhaps it went further back, and Terra simply wasn't aware of it.

<style>
.greenleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#207E06; letter-spacing-1px; text-shadow:#339900 0px 0px 5px;}
.greenleaf {background-color:#C0E07F; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... eaf4-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;

font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#2A9604; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:481px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #2A9604;}
.greenleaf .inner {margin:290px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border:none;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
Aylu licked her back before answering. "Because it is against my beliefs to take it off. Unless you are compelled and you think someone else needs it more then you do you never take it off. You are the first to see me "naked" but your the only one who knows why," he said his tail wagging softly and he adjusted some so she would be more comfortable and his left hind leg would stop tingling. He nuzzled her some, licking her hind leg softly, noticing what looked like bite marks on her leg. He looked at her then looked back.

He was going to ask about it later but didn't want to ruin the mood. "Why did you come out and great me if you were injured the way you were? Any logical wolf would have stayed put. I am happy you did come out though even if it was foolish," he asked as he watched the fox trot away.
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 000

So she was only the first he had done such a thing for. Being the first was still special, but Terra couldn't help but wonder who else he had removed them for. He knew Liam had seen Aylu without his robes, since Terra had been covered with them at the time. She wondered if that was a bad thing to have had that happen. To be the only one to know why filled Terra with glee. A secret to hold as her own. Terra loved secrets. Her tail thumped softly, pleased to share one with him.

Aylu shifted around, allowing Terra to get more comfortable, head resting on his paws. She was curled into him, and perfectly content to remain so. Her broken leg was licked, bringing a small flinch from her before she stopped, removing the pain from her mind, pretending all was fine. The question he asked wasn't unexpected. Grinning wildly she answered. Because it was foolish. I was nearby, feeling restless, and you showed up. Made perfect sense to me. What do you believe happens when you remove your robe? Terra was curious about this belief, hoping that she'd asked the right question.

<style>

He thought about it. "Removing my robes was like removing myself. My robes were my way of not being vain or egoistical. To... take them off was like me saying that I can become vain and egoistical. I have lived with them on for so many years. Since my master found me as a pup and took me in. To be a monk and wear one's robes you much consider your self a worthless rag and there for purge yourself of vanity and self importance," he said hoping he made sense.

Aylu felt her flinch then shake it off. She had bite marks on her leg. Why? "Why are there bite marks on your leg?" he asked before settling down further and resting his head on the ground. He wanted to know as much as he could about Terra. Things she wouldn't normally tell people.