Progress for the sake of progress....
I would like to have a few people hunt with Aylu. He just got his rank changed and I think the pack could use a few more cows for milk and a ox for meat. A small gathering after to celebrate after. Any Rank is welcome. Lets get some life back in this pack Smile

Aylu was ready to hunt. He had yet to meet many others in the pack but he wanted a pack hunt. He knew that the pack was small and he was new to the family but they could use a few more cows and a some meat other then rabbits and a few deers. He had put a lot of thought of how the hunt would go down. He had stayed up the night before making a few bows and arrows for some of the people he hoped to see.

He had it all planed out. He needed at least 3 people to come out and hunt with him. Two archers and two leads. It would all be explained as soon as he got some people to meet with him. But how to gather the pack in one spot? Where would they all meet? He walked for a while and then it hit him. The hunting lodge. It was in the middle of pack lands and he figured almost everyone knew how to get there. He ran to the lodge happy to find a place to call the pack to.

He was there faster then he thought he would be, his excitment growing as he sat down on the porch and howled for others to come. He was ready to meet the pack and better yet he was ready to bring the pack together
Dara had been wandering, still contemplating getting a house for herself. She was close to Thronbury but much closer to the Hunting Lodge. She hadn't really been too active in the pack, other than voicing a question at the meeting. That was her extent of activity.

She was feeling a little under active and decided and doing something good for the pack, to saw to herself she belonged to the pack. Her mind had just been set when a call came from the Hunting Lodge. It came from an unknown wolf to Dara, but it suggested a hunt.

Now, I can do this, Dara thought to herself. Then she realized she was a bit out of practice with her daggers and hoped that wouldn't be a problem. She ran as fast as she could to the Hunting Lodge to meet the call of this new wolf.

She arrived soon after the call had been made. She saw the wolf that was in front of her. He was quite handsome to her but that was not her concern right now.

"I am here to answer the call you made. Is this a possible hunt?" she asked curiously. She smiled brightly at the wolf, and that smile never left her face. "Oh, I am Dara, by the way," she added, almost as an afterthought, her name not seeming important to her at the moment.
[html]

WC: 322

The beach was one of Hotaru's favorite spots to simply sit and rest. The soft wind played with her fur as it gently ran along her body. The sound of waves rolling into the beach as the rising tide slowly crept towards the blind female. The gentle cry of gulls and Fawkes's own retort to whatever nonsense they were spouting. The smell of salt, fish, and water filled her nostrils. Hotaru took a deep breath as she sat on the beach, the calm and peaceful atmosphere washing over her.

Red ears flicked back to listen as a call to hunt rang out over the land. The howl was from one of d'Arte's newest members, a male named Aylu. Hotaru had met him once and wasn't really impressed by him. Still, she could always use the food and practice. With her mind made up the blind wolf stood and signaled for Fawkes to follow. He happily cried out and took to the air for a minute before he landed on her left shoulder. In her dexterous hand was her trusty wooden staff, which she trailed half-heartedly along the ground in front of her. She knew the pack lands well enough that she didn't need to fully rely on the staff. However, for the sake of speed and time she used the staff to quickly move through the forest towards the Hunting Lodge.

Her spot on the beach wasn't far off from the lodge, so she was quick to arrive. Hotaru's sensitive nose alerted her to the presence of Dara, a wolf Hotaru had helped to greet when she joined the pack. With grace and practiced steps she moved towards Dara and stood close to the young female. Hotaru gave a small nod and Fawkes greeted the female with a quick hello in his avian low speech. Once her greeting to Dara was finished, the blind female turned her attention to Aylu. "You called?"

Hotaru

<style>
.huntaru .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.huntaru-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"monotype corsiva", sans-serif; color:#C70303; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.huntaru p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.huntaru b {color:#C70303; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.huntaru {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... lice-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6404; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:left; }
.huntaru-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC le blah blah / +3 points . Table ©Cait

Bambi had been peacefully napping near the barn when she heard Aylu's call. She was feeling pretty horrible today, with her only friend gone and all.. She momentarily thought about just going back to sleep, but Nana's voice echoed in her head- Demanding that she do something with herself. She got to her feet, taking a few seconds to stretch out. This had to be one of her favorite simple pleasures in life, just being able to wake up from a nap and reawaken her resting bones. She had fallen asleep in her lupus form, and decided upon using this same shaping to head off towards the howling.

It didn't take her very long to reach the hunting cabin. It was old, but still standing quite strong. She couldn't really put an age on any of the building within CdA territory- Some looked as if they were old enough to have been built by the hairless creatures that used to roam the earth, and others were still in good enough shape to pull off being younger than her. The azure eyed canine strolled over to the area where they were all gathered, using her nose and eyes to identify the wolf's around her. She had met all of them before, but Aylu was the one she knew best. The pack lands were large, and she could go days without seeing any one.. Especially when she was creeping along the edge of the borders or hiding out in her hut.

She found herself not needing to speak, since the two other women voiced any questions she could have. She looked down at the ground, pawing at it anxiously. Since Skye was not here, she assumed this had to be a hunt or something of that sort. All of them were lower ranking members, so whatever Aylu had called them here for couldn't be all that life changing. Still, she was eager to help out in whatever she could. If she could.

<style type="text/css">
.bambi-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#518d8e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #367172; }
.bambi-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.bambi-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#a5d3d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VJCeJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#759b99; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.bambi-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.bambi-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
OCC: Ok so I am going to continue on with the thread. Any late people coming in can help bring back parts of the ox or help Hotaru with the cow and calf we are going to find before the Ox take down. To keep things running smoothly there is now no posting order. Message me if you need anymore information Smile

Aylu was happy with the out come. He hadn't been expecting many of his pack mates to show up because they were that small of a pack but for three of them to show up made him happy. Two of them he had met already. Bambi seemed nice and worked diligently enough. Hotaru he wasn't in good graces with but he knew that the woman was blind. She could help with any animals they might find, be it horses or cows or what ever they find. Cilantro had come back to him the night before and would help them find what they needed. He petted his avian friend before talking.

"Hello ladies. I have called you all here for a hunt. This isn't a normal hunt though. We are not only going to bring home some meat for our family here but I hope to bring more cows into our mist if not another horse or two for others. I hope to work as a team and get things accomplished quickly. If all goes well I will personally make you each something you might need. But we need to stick together and figure things out. I do not want any injuries today. Now if you ladies have any questions I would like to explain how things are going to work," said Aylu with a smile. He hoped they were able to get things done well.
Dara nodded back to Hotaru, recalling the meeting they had before. Fawkes greeted her too. She liked Fawkes, which was the only bird she liked. Dara hadn't talked to Bambi much. But she seemed shy and quiet. Maybe I could get to know her after this, Dara said making a mentally note to get to know her.

She listened to Aylu speak and saw the bird. Another bird?! What's with these wolves and birds? Dara said, almost speaking out loud. She tried to stay as far away from that thing on his shoulder as she could without it being evident she didn't like birds. She got distracted by the bird but heard what he said.

Dara stayed quiet, understanding what he was saying. She wanted to know exactly how this was going to work too. "What is the medium you work with?" she asked gently, making sure not to interrupt him.
[html]

WC: 312

Red-grey ears flicked towards the sound of approaching footsteps, and her nose worked to identify the newcomer. The scent was muddled, and difficult to identify, but after close scrutiny Hotaru was able to recognize the stranger as Bambi. The blind wolf and the almost mute dog had met only once, but the events that had transpired between them were memorable. Bambi had introduced the idea that rabbits, normally prey animals, could become companion animals. The dog had opened Hotaru's world in a way that she never thought possible. Fawkes too, seemed to recognize the girl because his weight shifted as his head bobbed in greeting.

All was silent as Aylu described his idea for the hunt and rewards if success. What he described she wouldn't have labeled as a hunt, it was more of an expedition in her mind. Not to mention the rewards held no value in her mind. The only thing she needed, he could never giver her. Everything else, she could make herself. The edges of her lips turned down a hair but she said nothing. Dara was the first to ask a question, and it was a valid one at that. Aylu's idea was good, but Hotaru didn't understand how the hunt would be executed. Their goal seemed to be for a live retrieval, a task that could prove harder than a normal hunt.

Although she had experience with hunting and was confident of her skills when working in a group, she didn't know what she could do to help with a live capture. It would be tricky, and almost impossible for her if they were to venture into a territory she was unfamiliar with. The tip of her tail twitched as her anxious feelings swelled and constricted her chest. To mask her nervousness and anxiety she calmly asked, "Where do you plan to go for this hunt?"

Hotaru

<style>
.huntaru .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.huntaru-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"monotype corsiva", sans-serif; color:#C70303; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.huntaru p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.huntaru b {color:#C70303; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.huntaru {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... lice-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6404; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:left; }
.huntaru-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC; Sorry for the wait! / +0 points . Table ©Cait

The girl had never liked killing things. When she was in the middle of it, of course she didn't really mind. With the humans being gone for over fifty years, most dogs had been embracing their old instincts that had been long stored away in order to make them better companions for people. When something bled, they had the urge to pounce. Where as when they were household pets, their instinct was to lick in order to help heal and clean their owner's wound.

She could admit, she did get a certain kind of pleasure from making a fresh kill. But with Nana gone now and all.. She looked down at the ground, pawing at it once again. They all seemed a little nervous, and none of them looked to know one another very well. She gulped down air, using it to swallow down her sad thoughts and put them away for later, when she had time to ponder things. She fixed her posture, standing up a bit straighter and listening to Aylu's instructions. They were vague, but the words spoken by Hotaru and Dara pressed him for more information. She assumed the female with the bird wished to know because of her inability to see. If they were going to an area in which she hadn't been to before, this 'hunt' would prove difficult. "Rope? For horse and cow?"

Bambi nodded and smiled at the beautiful bird on Hotaru's shoulder, recalling the experience they had shared when she had first acquired her rabbits. The winged creature's name had started with an F.. Right? "Fox.. Fawks.. Fawkes." When she mentally spoke the correct name, it clicked with the animals appearance. "What a unique name.."

<style type="text/css">
.bambi-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#518d8e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #367172; }
.bambi-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.bambi-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#a5d3d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VJCeJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#759b99; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.bambi-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.bambi-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
All their questions were good. But Hotaru's was the more pressing one of them all. The woman was blind and if they went out of the pack grounds she might have problems hunting. He would address her first on the matter. "I was hoping to go outside pack lands for the horses and cows and but know that there are a few ox in the area. I don't want to go outside of pack lands if it means someone might get hurt but in all seriousness it is your choice, Hotaru if you want to join us outside of pack lands for the the horses and cows. As for medium I had thought that two could chase the ox towards the other two as they wait in trees for them to run by. The shoot arrows at them as they run by. I know I can take down a small bull by myself but I want to have a celebration after this and want enough meat to feed the back and have enough left over for storage," he paused for any input by the woman before answering Bambi's question.

"Yes rope. For horses and cows. We don't want to kill them and there is a way to catch them without injuring them or killing them. I am sure one of you lovely woman would like a horse of their own right? he asked looking at each of them