Caged
Thanatos had just recently been accepted into New Dawn but was still uncomfortable in his Lupus form. Every once in a while, he would leave to wander around in his preferred form. He would remain in his Lupus form while in his pack but it was stressful for him. He needed to get used to it first and take it little by little.

Thanatos made his way to Seabreeze Brink and to Ethereal Eclipse. He loved the shade the trees cast on the ground. He was used to slinking through the shadows like a ghost, his pelt blending into the darkness. He looked around and realized he ended up exactly where he had met Amy and Selene. He hoped the brown coydog was all right and would develop more confidence in herself.

He moved on, running through the shadows until he picked up the scent of a rabbit. He chased after it, no weapons in his possession, and ran on all fours. Thanatos caught up to it and snapped his jaws closed around its body. The sweet taste of blood filled his mouth and he sat down, ripping into the rabbit. He tore at it, eating everything since he was unable to skin it. He made quick work of it until there was nothing left but the bones. Thanatos picked up one of its small bones and began to chew on it, hearing the crunch as it snapped in his powerful jaws.
[html]

OOC i so want to steal him away to anathema so he can be with amy

Hadley had been stalking this rabbit for a few hours. He lacked the confidence to take the actual last move, instead patiently following it as it wandered around. His courage had finally been gathered up, believing that everything was perfectly set up for him to capture the rabbit. He was down wind, the rabbit was unaware, and he was so close he could almost reach out and touch it. This plan was torn apart as a black wolf came bolting through though, snatching his rabbit and killing it.

A small whimper escaped him as Hadley watched the rabbit that was supposed to be his kill get quickly wolfed down by a much more decisive confidant wolf. Well, there wasn't much he could do about it now. Standing back up the large hybrid stretched, scarred arms above him. Shaking out the slight numbness that had settled in with the slow crouching Hadley glanced behind him before turning to walk away, hoping to find another meal elsewhere.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
.hadhugs p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hadhugs p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
The rabbit had been delicious but it wasn’t until after it had been completely devoured that Thanatos noticed the scent of another male. His first reaction was probably a mistake but was a reflex for him. He turned and snarled at the male. Realizing her was just stretching and about to leave, Thanatos quickly changed his expression back to the blank mask he wore. ”I apologize, It’s a habit.” He looked over at what little remained of the rabbit and realized the male was probably hunting it as well. ”If you’re hungry, I could hunt with you. Easier to catch something bigger if your not alone. What you say?”

Thanatos stood, his 8 and a half-foot form showing the marks of his assassin family without the cloak to cover it. He hoped this male wouldn’t recognize it. Thanatos stopped when he picked up a faint scent that he recognized. ”Isa?” He cocked his head to the side and examined the male. Had she found a mate? The scent was faded, so she hadn’t seen this man for a while. It was worth a shot though. Perhaps one day he could see Isa again. ”I’m sorry but do you know a girl named Isa?”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The male growled at him, and Hadley immediately backed up, crouching down submissively. He didn't mean to disturb the male. It was his meal, after all. He had caught it. His ears flattened down tightly, wishing that this hadn't happened to him. Told that it was a habit didn't reassure Hadley in the slightest, picking up the deadly air of a killer that Amy and Shadowfang carried. It was another one! Hadley had to have the worst luck in the world, coming across these dark creatures again and again.

The lack of emotions only made Hadley more edgy, seeing Amy's expressionless face as she thought about things that he didn't want to know about. It was so easy for her emotions to be faked. The offer to hunt did nothing for him, especially at the mention of catching something bigger, as Hadley easily fit into that category. Eyes remained glued to the male's chest, watching for any motions of coming closer, threatening to harm him. The word that was said caught him off guard though.

How would this monster know Isa? Maybe he had helped to hurt her, scar her. Drawing himself up bravely he shook his head, doing his best to try and protect Isa from what he saw as a threat. N-no. His voice was shaky, hardly believable, but just maybe it would be enough to keep Isa safe, and away from the danger.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhugs b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdacb8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #120f10;}
.hadhugs {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#211b1b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cpfBz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:360px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#a2a786; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
The male was clearly frightened of him. With his size, he didn’t blame him. Thanatos was a massive creature, easily intimidating others. He seemed to be on edge and Thanatos wished there was something he could do. He lowered himself down, bowing to the other male as he spoke. ”I swear upon the blood that runs through my veins that I mean you no harm sir.” In his family, a vow such as the one he had just spoken could not be broken. He stood back up and met the man’s eyes. ”I’m Thanatos Haima, Subord of New Dawn. It seems you have also been around Shadow recently. He is a member of my pack as well.”

The change in the man was obvious when Thanatos mentioned Isa. It seemed he wanted to protect Isa. Maybe this was her mate, her scent was all over him, making it possible that she was but he couldn’t know for sure. He said he didn’t know Isa but the way he acted, the fact that his voice was shaky, and that her scent was all over him, made it clear that he was lying. ”Look, I understand if you are trying to protect her. She’s a good girl. Believe me, I wish I was able to protect her when she needed it most. All I was able to do was help her and Thana escape before the others noticed. I’m her cousin; I don’t want to hurt her. It’s fine if you wouln’t tell me where she is, I just want to know that she is safe and healthy.”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Hadley hesitated slightly at the other's words before nodding gently. A promise of no harm was hard for him to believe, but he could try. The black killer introduced himself as Thanatos, declaring himself a member of Shadowfang's pack. He nodded his head. It was a lot more believable that Thanatos wouldn't hurt him if this one was anything like the other black wolf, always offering help and seeking to care for others.

Hadley's eyes widened as he learned that Isa was related to this killer, a killer who had helped her escape from the pain that had chased after her. It was nice, knowing that she had had help. He nodded his head, understanding what it was like to want to protect someone and failing at it. He failed so many times, tearing at his heart. She's well. In my pack. His pack? No, he couldn't be so selfish as to claim it as his. I mean, the pack I belong to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
The male seemed to hesitate when Thanatos promised not to harm him. He had meant it but he also expected the man not to trust or believe him. He simply nodded, having only spoken one word so far, no. That was it. Perhaps Thanatos really was frightening and made others uncomfortable around him. The mans eyes widened when he mentioned the fact that Isa was his cousin. The one member of his family who was able to turn down the assassin life they were expected to accept.

He nodded once more before actually speaking. So she was a member of his pack. Thanatos nodded and studied the man before speaking. ”I’m sorry sir, I didn’t catch your name.” Thantos realized there was another scent on the man that he recognized as the brown coydog he had met in the area not too long ago. ”Ladies man huh? You’re absolutely covered in Isa’s scent and Selene’s. I’m assuming she’s from your pack as well?” He paused for a moment, giving him time to answer. Thanatos was joking about him being a ladies man, just trying to lighten the mood. ”She was traveling around here with a woman named Amy. She said she was an heiress of some kind and was with Amy to try to make herself more confident. It didn’t seem to be working too well but I also don’t know how long Selene had been with her.”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The black giant before him seemed pleased with the news about Isa. Or at least satisfied. It was hard for him to tell. The only thing he was truly happy about was that Thanatos seemed happy enough with what he'd been told to let Hadley live. Lack of harm might have been promised, but Hadley would never fully trust those with the killer's air. Asked for his name Hadley ducked his head down shyly. Name's Hadley. It came out choked, almost a whisper.

Hadley was puzzled when he was called a ladies man. He used to be one, so long ago he couldn't even remember what it was like, but that was in the past. Hearing mention of Selene's scent on his coat Hadley understood. He had done something horrible to both of them, and now it clung to him as punishment, letting everyone know how weak he was. Hadley nodded shortly. Horror filled his eyes as he was informed that Selene was finally embracing what she was, becoming his nightmare. He didn't even respond to Amy's name beyond a slight tremor. Selene... She was lost to him now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
The man looked down, appearing to be shy as he introduced himself as Hadley. He was clearly very shy and submissive. Hadley seemed puzzled though when he mentioned him being a ladies man. Thanatos noticed the horror in Hadley eyes when Selene was brought up. Perhaps she was an enemy instead of a friend like Thanatos origionally thought. He assumed it best not to bring her up again and wanted to try to cheer the man up somehow. ”So are you my cousins mate?” He was teasing the male, just trying to lighten the mood. ”She’s a good girl, I’m glad she found a good home. She really needed a good friend and a home after everything her and Thana went through. “

Thanatos looked down, realizing he failed miserably at cheering Hadley up. ”I’m sorry, apparently I’m terrible at lightening up a situation.” He chuckled a little and looked back up at Hadley. ”So how come you’re out here instead of at your pack?” He was curious but he also hoped his question wouldn’t lead to more sadness.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The subject steered away from Amy luckily. The small bit of tension that had built at the mention of the trader that had turned him into a slave melted away. It was immediately replaced by embarrassment, ears twitching as he realized the mistake that had been made. Of course someone would think he was mates with the female who's scent he bore. It was the reason he'd been so careful with Selene when he'd been a slave, not wanting her to be hurt for associating with him.

Since being set free the same care hadn't been taken though, and now he had to try and explain what happened with the two of them. Which would be hard, considering how he didn't remember what had happened. He nodded his head, glad that Isa was safe too. Need clear head... Which was tied in with the reason why he smelled like Isa, and what he couldn't remember. Making a very, very large mess that he had no idea what to do with.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
It seemed some of the tension Hadley felt, left his body when the subject was turned away from Amy. He wasn’t sure why, but it seemed Hadley was afraid of her. Embarrassment crossed Hadley’s features when the word mate came up. He made no motion to prove if Thanatos’ assumption was correct or not. Either way, Hadley seemed to care deeply for his cousin. He liked that, she had someone to care for her and look after her. She always was one to get into trouble, even as a pup. Isa always hated following orders and just wanted to do her own thing. Perhaps she changed though since she was in a pack.

Hadley nodded, agreeing with Thanatos when he said he was happy she had found a home. He responded to Thanatos’ question by simply saying he needed to clear his head. He seemed reluctant to talk so Thanatos decided it best not to ask further. ”Is there any way I could see her sometime? Which pack do you belong to?”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Thanatos seemed to sense that it would be better not to push Hadley to explain why he smelled like Isa. It was a big relief for him, since he wasn't too clear on how to explain it either. Things had happened with Isa, things he couldn't remember, and things that he remembered far too clearly. The pain he had caused, it was so much. He had to leave, clear himself away. When he returned, it would be with the possibility of such an event happening again completely gone. Never again did he want to lose his memory and do things he regretted.

Tilting his head Hadley considered the words carefully. Casa di Cavalieri. Stop by pack and howl. Should be there. If not, in house. Hadley was unsure to explain what house he meant. It was the house they had joined in, the house she had almost died in, the house that seemed to have a connection to her somehow. Hadley didn't pretend to understand it, and was unsure how to even going about doing so. It's in a town. That probably didn't help clear it up much. Short south of Casa. Was that good enough?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Hadley tilted his head as he spoke. Casa di Cavalieri. Thanatos would need to visit to see Isa. He had been missing the bubbly little girl. He still wished there was more he could have done to help her and protect her but he would have been hunted just as her and Thana were after they murdered Lycas. The male wasn’t the leader but he was still high up and the penalty for killing a member of the assassin family, was death, which is why Thanatos had helped them escape before anyone else noticed.

Thanatos became confused when Hadley mentioned a house. Were the two living together away from their pack? He explained that it was in a town south of Casa di Cavalieri. He was sure he could find it. If Isa was there enough he would easily be able to pick up the scent. He knew Hadley cared for his cousin and wanted to show that he could be trusted. ”I’ll make sure she is safe during your absence Hadley.” He bowed his head, meaning what he said even if it wasn’t just for Hadley.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The confusion on Thanatos' face at the mention of the house made perfect sense. After all, there was no reason for Isa to be there since they lived in Casa di Cavalieri. Hadley would have preferred it if Isa chose to remain in the pack where it was safe. He didn't feel exactly safe outside of it, and knowing that Isa could be putting herself in danger out here made him wish the house was in the pack. Perhaps he could talk to Jazper about helping him claim the house as the pack's territory.

Thanatos' words meant more to Hadley than he could have said. If Thanatos was there protecting Isa he wouldn't have to worry. After all, no one wanted to mess with a killer. Hadley certainly didn't. Thank you. The words hung in the air for a moment before Hadley tipped his head down courteously. You're kind to do that. Isa was Thanatos' cousin, but it still meant a lot to the hybrid to hear those words, and know it would be kept.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Hadley thanked him and bowed his head, saying how he was kind to do it. It wasn’t just for Hadley though. If Isa was living outside the pack and her scent covered the area, there was no telling what could happen. A not too friendly male could happen to stop by and do any number of things. She could also get hurt too. Isa always was rather clumsy as a pup. If she hurt herself and was unable to get to the pack or find food for herself she could possibly die or even get an infection or disease from a wound.

Thanatos shook his head of all the negative thoughts. Isa was fine but it still wouldn’t hurt to be there every once in a while to check up on her. He looked at Hadley and still wondered what Isa meant to the man. ”Is there anything else I can do for you Hadley? Perhaps help catch a meal?”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The shaking of the head confused Hadley. Had he said something wrong? He'd talked nicely he thought. It seemed it wasn't connected to Hadley, fortunately enough, as when the killer's attention returned to Hadley he asked if he could help the hybrid catch something to eat. Hadley looked around shyly, wondering what the chances of catching something to eat on his own would be. The other's help would be very welcome.

Shyly he nodded his head. Hadley was unsure what prey they would find, but he was a weak hunter and working with a partner would help him get something to eat. Maybe he could give something to Shadowfang instead of having to rely on the larger male all the time to get food for the two of them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Hadley seemed confused when Thanatos shook his head. He hadn’t meant to confuse the man; the shaking of his head wasn’t even directed towards him. It was simply to clear his head. Hadley looked around, seeming to be shy. He nodded slightly, agreeing to Thanatos’ help.

Thanatos led Hadley around, searching for a scent. Finally, he picked up the scent of a doe. He nodded to Hadley and motioned for him to go around to the does side but stay downwind. He would only attack the doe if Hadley was unable to catch it alone. Thanatos believed the man was capable of getting his own dinner but he would offer help if it was needed.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Clearly Thanatos' sense of smell was much better than the hybrid's. Hadley didn't smell anything in the area besides them, but the wolf found something soon enough, and Hadley obediently trotted behind, hoping to find food at the end of it. Near the end the smell of a deer reached him, so he wasn't taken completely by surprise as they found a doe. He looked at the small creature. It was young, just out of it's first year of life. It would taste good.

Following the directions Hadley moved so the deer couldn't smell him. He stood still, waiting for what he felt would be the perfect time. The wind rustled around, caressing his fur with the gentlest of movements. Crouched down was a little uncomfortable, but the doe moved closer, satisfying the large hybrid. Leaping from his place he snatched at the doe. It struggled in his grasp, picked up in his arms. Realizing that he'd taken it alive Hadley tried to lean down, biting at the neck. This was messy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Hadley followed him obediently until he found the doe. He seemed to follow directions well, keeping downwind so the doe wouldn’t pick up his scent. The deer moved closer to him, not sensing any danger until Hadley leaped from his crouched position. Hadley picked it up for some reason before biting into its neck. It didn’t take too long for the body to go limp, the eyes turning dead and lifeless.

That was alright, but um..why did you pick it up? He was confused as to why the boy had done that but shrugged and moved on. A quicker and less messy way to kill it, is to grab its head and give it a sharp twist until you hear a crack. It will snap its neck, killing it instantly. No blood, no mess.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

He looked over to the killer, embarrassed by the situation he found himself netted in. That wasn't a good hunt, though the deer had died. It hadn't been very firm or good at all, with the deer living longer than it should have. His eyes averted to the ground, immediately submissive as his cheeks burned. There hadn't been any reason behind him scooping up the deer beyond him being flustered, unsure of how to make the kill in this form.

Hadley nodded his head at the explanation, looking down at the deer. Just a quick snap, the life disappearing in an instant. A small shudder ran through his body at the thought. It was useful, but still scary to think about. Yes. Thank you. His voice was low and quiet again, still cradling the deer, blood running down his chest. I-I should...return... Hopefully Thanatos would think it was okay for him to leave.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]