Beauty in all she is
[html]
Is it OK to forward date this by a few days?

The life of a loner was a solemn one at times. Wretch had parted ways with Kira, her traveling partner, to make a solo trip up to Salsola. Though the rest of her family lived in that northern pack, she hadn't felt as if she really fit there. She'd been raised in Dahlia de Mai, which had in turn merged to become Ichika no Ho-en...a more peaceful and outgoing pack. Salsola's ways had seemed foreign and somewhat cold to her. They had seemed very distrusting of strangers, not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. She'd built up a few ties with canines there, like Magnolia, but couldn't consider it for her home despite that. Other D'Angelos lived there, her mother being one of the pack leaders, her father, and all of her siblings...but it was not the right place for this one. Sometimes family was all that it took for a place to be considered a home. Wherever one's family was. But she could not yet appreciate the ways of the pack...how they treated others and how much distrust they held of those around them. She did not think she'd fit there at all.

The small silver hybrid padded swiftly through the brush on four legs, a pack over her shoulders but little else. Necklaces and bracelets adorned her paws, the bracelets clinking together as she ran. It made a rhythm that she could trot to, and she nodded her head along with it every few moments as well, making up a musical melody in her head and beginning to hum it. Her blue eyes wandered about her lazily as she ran - she'd not come across anyone in nearly a day and didn't expect to. She glanced up to seen the noontime sun beginning to dim a bit as clouds passed in front of it. Soon the sky began to fill with dark, rolling clouds, cutting off the gray hybrid from the warmth of the sunlight. She stopped running entirely to look up at the weather conditions, observing the darkening of the sky. Rain began to pour out of the clouds the moment that she focused on them, and she yelped a bit, racing for the nearest treeline.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#475a35; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 400 // +3 points

Word count: 371 // +3 points
Sure sure! Set it whenever you’d like n.n

The force that drove him away from the comfort of Anathema’s borders was unknown, even to him. It felt necessary to get away for a while, though. After reliving the past some days ago, he needed to clear his mind and take in the beauty of ‘Souls. He had high hopes that it would calm the storm within him. If it didn’t, he would not return home for many days—perhaps weeks; however long it took for him to return to a peaceful state of mind. As he went, the fog around the mysterious reason began to lift. He realized couldn’t risk being around the family he’d sworn to protect now. Doing so would only create another hole in his heart, and he could not bear another wound.

So it was in his hulking secui form that he traveled, seeking the calm of the land and anything else it could offer him. He found his present form to be uncomfortable, but he knew he needed power and the strength to fend off daring predators if he wandered alone in his current mental state. Still, he found himself smiling and jogging briskly under the warmth of the sun. It wasn’t long before that, too, had been taken away from him. He eyed the clouds warily as he slowed his pace, wondering what mischief they could be up to on a day as fine as this. And then rain fell into his eye, causing the beast to curse whatever gods were watching over him.

So he dashed toward the forest for cover, hoping he would be fast enough to avoid getting thoroughly soaked. As he ran, his eyes began to focus on something small in the distance that appeared to be trying to escape Mother Nature as well. It clanked loudly as it moved, and the noise was not pleasant to Alduin’s ears. He picked up his speed, keeping his eyes on the flighty thing. Whatever the thing was, he would at least ask it to stop jingling like a bag of coins when he caught up to it. Truthfully, though, he wanted nothing more than to ask why it clinked and clanked as it did. The promise of a story gave his legs strength, and he flew toward the creature now with bright eyes and a playful smile.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

She didn't long for a place called home, instead bringing her home with her everywhere she went. The girl carried all that she needed in the pack on her back. Slingshots that she had designed for hunting, rocks, tinder, and anything else she could dream of needing. Wretch had left a few items behind, but those were not "needs" and she could come back for them later. She had trouble carrying her bow long distances, especially when she needed to shift..so she'd left it in the care of Kira and had been hunting and fishing without the aid of the human device.

Wretch pulled some dried meat from a pocket in her leather pack as she got beneath the largest tree that she could find. Rain poured down in sheets outside of her safe haven, and she watched it as she gnawed on the strip of flesh. She was looking about for a place to start a nice fire when movement out beyond in the nearby brush caught her attention. The girl backed away, yanking the sling from her pack and loading it with a nicely sized rock. Whoever was coming wouldn't catch her unaware!

Even through the rain she could hear them coming nearer and nearer. She trembled in slight fear, keeping her sling up and at the ready in case she had to do something drastic. She was working on her fighting skills, but sometimes canines were simply too big for her to take on. The loner had coyote blood in her and was normally at least a head shorter than any adversary. S...Show yourself, coward! She shouted, turning this way and that as her eyes frantically searched her surroundings.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#475a35; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A
nothing heard, nothing said, can’t even speak about it; on my life, on my head, don’t wanna think about it

Word count: 304 // +3 points
Eww.. Short and ugly x.x I think my muse died after doing all my replies today xD Sorry, James..

As Alduin neared the trees, his ears were filled with a threatening shout; although, the owner seemed more frightened than anything. His head cocked to the side curiously as he slowed his pace, not wanting to scare anyone—or their stories—away. So he walked now, despite getting soaked to the bone by the pounding rain. He learned quickly that his eyes were of no use to him in the current state of things, but his nose had been clever enough to pick up on the scent of meat nearby. His stomach rumbled as it urged him to find it, but he did his best to focus on finding the shouting creature first. He chuckled lightly to himself as he realized how much of a mess his priorities were in.

Hello?” he called as he finally reached the shelter of the trees. “Is anyone out there? I am terribly sorry if I startled you!

He gave a good shake of his secui form when he managed to find a dry spot in the forest, riding his body of the heaviness of the water that had bombarded him not long ago. He had lost the scent of the meat now, but instead found what smelled like another of his kind. The discovery brought a smile to his lips and a wag to his tail. He thought himself fortunate, and would now stop at nothing to find out who had been clinking and clanking before.

It was not my intention to scare you,” he stated regretfully as he walked slowly toward the direction of the stranger. “Please, do come forward. I am very much interested in however much of your story you are willing to tell.

He continued on, placing his nose to the ground in the hopes that he would soon find the nervous creature.

release me from this curse i’m in; trying to maintain, but i’m struggling. put on your pretty lies, you’re in the city of wonder

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

One could only be so prepared to face another canine. In the past, she'd armed herself with thoughts and words...her anxiety had often stripped her of things to say and made normal situations into awkward messes. Back in Ichika, she hadn't had to worry about her physical safety unless she stepped outside of the pack borders. There, she had been attacked numerous times. Wretch now had to be prepared doubly, with a weapon of choice and with words to try and scare the other off or defend herself. She likely did not seem very dangerous, with her small size and stature, so weapons would help. If another canine saw her holding something that could harm them, it'd make her appear more dangerous. That was the idea, anyway.

Her fur was damp and she shivered slightly as she stood, sling ready. She would defend herself if she needed to. Her mind went back to a few days prior, to an experience that she'd had with another loner. Rivers had helped her defend against some bandits that had sought to steal her leather backpack, which she used to store an assortment of valuable items. These were things that she carried with her at all times to keep them safe. It was rare for her to ever take the pack off or leave it anywhere that was out of her sight, but that day she'd been foolish and had gone for a dip in the nearby river with only her sparrow companion left to keep an eye on it.

If she were smart, she'd try to fool a larger bird into being her companion...but this one worked, for now. Wretch trusted the bird to watch out for her and it trusted her to collect seeds and worms for it when it could find none. The sparrow, which she called Tatuk, was quick, quiet, and usually unseen and unnoticed by others. Today Tatuk sat perched on a lower branch nearby, preening his feathers and trying to remove droplets of water that had gathered on them. He fluffed his feathers up to stay warm as Wretch shivered below, peeping a few times to let his companion know that he was there as well. If she could, Wretch would try to start a fire soon to warm both of them. After she figured out the intentions of this unknown canine. He'd said that he was sorry for startling her, but was that simply a ploy to get at her and her belongings?

She stood at the ready even as he approached, keeping her mouth shut. She'd have to see if he bore a weapon before she could know if his words were true. He spoke once more, urging her to come out, words that she found strange. Why did he want to talk to her so badly? The life of a loner was a rough one, and she'd learned through experience that canines were rarely who they said they were and weren't often friendly despite speaking friendly words. She finally opened her mouth to speak, aqua eyes focusing on the treeline. He had to be near by now. What's so interesting about a story?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

`` D I S T U R B I A

Word count: 454 // +3 points
When is this dated, btw?

Alduin was tiring of searching for the stranger, but the idea of listening to them and their many endeavors kept his feet moving. He spent a great deal of time simply trying to catch their scent amidst the smells of the forest and pouring rain, and found the task rather tricky. With his nose hovering above the ground and his ears perked up for any sign of the creature, he was too preoccupied to hear the tiny peeps of the sparrow nearby; but Amelia noticed.

The small mammal popped her head out of his thick mane and faced the direction of the bird’s chirps, curious as to where the tiny morsel could be. She stuck to Alduin’s fur, though, seeing as how she had been soaked to the bone and found his coat to be far more comfortable than the cold of the air outside. So instead the least weasel barked quietly at her ride to alert him of what she’d heard. She didn’t know much high speech, but she knew enough to give direction. Amelia wiggled her way up to Alduin’s head and tapped him quickly between the eyes.

Food…there!” she said eagerly.

The wolf crossed his eyes to look at the weasel before following her outstretched body in the direction she pointed to. Although curious as to what she meant by food, he decided to trust her and began to trot toward the stranger. As he neared, he could smell the meat he’d caught wind of earlier and grinned.

Good job, Amelia,” he praised as he picked up the pace. The weasel chirped in agreement before she settled back into the warmth of her wolf’s fur.

What’s so interesting about a story? The words caused him to hesitate. He couldn’t believe his ears: what’s so interesting about a story? There was so much wrong about that question, and he did his best to not insult the owner of the voice behind it.

Unfortunately, the list of what is interesting is far too long for me to recite,” he stated with a small chuckle. “What isn’t interesting, though, is a story untold.

His searching came to an end when he hopped over the shrubs that blocked his way. Not far from him now was a tiny creature, armed and ready to defend herself. He was quick to lower his body to the ground and keep his tail wagging behind him. He would remain where he was until she felt comfortable enough to have him approach. Amelia, however, was slightly braver and dared to venture out of Alduin’s fur and on to the ground a few feet in front of him.

Food!” she called as she excitedly bounced in place.

template by revo. <3

[/html]