Meet the monster
Thana was still pissed off at Shadow. She wished she had taken her blade to him, give him something to make him remember what he did to her. Heartbroken, she hardened her heart, making it impossible for anyone to affect her the way he had. She would skin him alive if she ever saw him again.

She traveled around with no actual destination. Thana’s ears perked up as she heard something. She brought Abbadon to a stop and slid off of his back. Quietly, she pulled out her daggers but sheathed them when a whitetail deer came into view. It had such a beautiful pelt and Thana wanted it. She stayed downwind and snuck up on it. Getting closer, and closer until she leaped at it, jumping onto its back. Quickly, she grabbed its head and gave a sharp twist, breaking the doe’s neck. She pulled out one of her daggers and expertly skinned it, finishing the job quickly. She put the pelt in the saddle bag for her to finish up later and began cutting the deer’s flesh into chunks that were easier to carry.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Shadowfang was off somewhere, leaving Hadley to sit at the campsite, contemplating things. Selene was gone. He'd injured her more than he cared to admit, without a clue of how to fix it. He had a feeling it would be best that he didn't even try, letting Selene find someone who wouldn't hurt him as much as the broken hybrid had. Someone that would value her the way she was supposed to be. In his hands Hadley worked at carving away, making the gift that was supposed to be for Selene. He still wasn't sure what form Isa's carving would take on, still unclear on how he felt about her.

The wood took on the shape slowly, turning into a small shooting star. She would never get it now, Hadley holding the small piece in his hand before chucking it away. It was pointless, making it for her. Standing up Hadley wandered through the woods, wondering what he would make for Isa. He wanted something special for the spunky girl, but was unsure what would qualify. Hadley froze as he entered a clearing, interrupting a wolf working on a kill. Sorry.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhope b {font-weight:bold; color:#735f53; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.hadhope p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hadhope {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#b9afa9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lkTq1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #494543; padding:400px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#d7d7d7; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#aca39d 0px 0px 3px;}
.hadhope p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hadhope p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
Thana was busy cutting the doe up when she picked up a males scent. He apologized for interrupting but it was too late. She jumped up, rushed him and pushed him against a nearby tree, pressing her dagger against his throat. She snarled, ready to take his pelt until she noticed the heavily scarred body, ruining the pelt. Suddenly, she picked up a faint smell on his fur. Her expression quickly changed from anger to happiness, a big smile forming on her face as her tail wagged furiously behind her. ”Isa! How is she? Is she happy? Where is she at now?” As she questioned him, she sheathed her dagger and stepped back from the man.

”I’m sorry, where are my manners? I’m Thana, Isa’s sister. Um..I’m sorry I jumped you a bit. I’m not really used to running into others.” She looked at him apologetically. She hoped he would forgive her and not run off, terrified of her like most. Thana wanted to hear about her sister, see how she was doing.
Shadow had been out getting meat and wood for himself and Hadley . They had traveled a long way and needed to get some food in there stomachs. As shadow moved back with what was a smile on his face, that smile was soon gone as he saw Thana just as she pushed Hadley aggainst a tree. Shadow was about to drop all he carried and pull his sword but then she picked up Isas scent and Thana went back to being the happy care free wolf he had use to know. Shadow breathed lightly and moved into the camp and put the meat and the fire wood down as he spoke lightly. I got the firewood and the meat. I'm going to go and collect some fish from the near by river. shadow didn't look to either of them as he attempted to walk away without having to converse with anyone. Better to avoid those who hate you then confront them.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The wolf leaped up, pinning him against a tree. A dagger was held to his throat, and Hadley knew he was going to die. A snarl filled the air, and Hadley promptly checked out. Tail tucked up, ears flat against his skull, Hadley's eyes lost their light as he saw the darkness. It was Amy in another skin. His mistress. He had to obey her or die. Not a sound came from him as he was released, eyes dropping to the ground as he drew himself tight.

Good. In Casa di Cavalier. There was no life in his voice as he answered the questions, a simple monotone that answered them without inviting anything to be done to him. His ears twitched as Shadowfang entered the clearing, acknowledging it as another dark being that could kill him before his attention returned to the one with the darker soul, the one that felt like Amy. So dark and cold, he didn't even notice the introduction.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhope b {font-weight:bold; color:#735f53; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.hadhope {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#b9afa9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lkTq1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #494543; padding:400px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#d7d7d7; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#aca39d 0px 0px 3px;}
</style>[/html]
The man withdrew when she attacked which was expected but he made no movements when Thana released him. His eyes wandered down to the ground as he spoke, his voice seemed lifeless just like his eyes. She cocked her head to the side and looked at him, confused. She had seen this both in Isa and herself before.

Carefully and calmly, Thana guided the male to sit down. She looked into his eyes and spoke softly. ”I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.” She looked around, wondering what she could do to help him. An idea came to her. She could try to sing the song her mother sang to her and Isa anytime they got like this after a meeting with their father. Thana wasn’t sure if it would work, more than likely it wouldn’t, but it was worth a shot. ”I waited for you today, but you didn’t show. I needed you today, so where did you go? You told me to call. Said you’d be there. Although I haven’t seen you, are you still there? I cried out with no reply and I can’t feel you by my side, so I hold tight to what I know. You’re here. And I’m never alone.” She looked back at the male, hoping to see some change.
Shadow stopped as he looked over his shoulder to Hadley. Shadow saw the fear and knew what it was right away. Shadow turned and ran back over to Hadley and he kneeled down and placed his hand on Hadleys shoulder. Hadley its alright, I'm here. You have no reason to fear Thana would not kill you. You just caught her off guard like that one time long ago when you got the jump on me remember. I had turned and snarled at you and you thought then you were going to die but look at us now. We are friends and you know I wouldn't harm you . shadow looked to Thana and motioned to Hadley with eyes that spoke of Hadley having a hard life. He mouthed silent words knowing Thana would be able to read his lips. Shadow spoke of how Hadley had been a slave by a wolf female assassin named Amy and please try and ease his worry.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

He didn't struggle as he was guided to sit down, a large puppet to be moved at another's will, springing to life only when a command would reach him. Soft words began to fill the air, musical. His ears twitched slightly, but otherwise remained motionless. Hadley heard it, knew he'd heard it before, but he was too scared to come out. He just sat inside, looking out at the world from a place far away. His hands drew together, wrapping around his arms. There was something warm that was supposed to be there that wasn't.

Another joined in, a warm hand. The voice this time was familiar. His ears moved to train on the voice, listening. Thana. The killer. The monster that was with Amy. No harm? The knife at his throat was still large in his mind. He didn't know why he was still alive, but there had been no hesitation in her eyes, no feelings of regret or care. Why would he believe them now? A small shiver ran through his body, eyes refusing to move from the ground.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
The man reacted slightly to her singing, which was a start at least. He wrapped his hands around his arms, as if he were holding something or someone. Perhaps Isa had sang the song before and then was held by him. She couldn’t be sure but it was a reaction still. Shadow came up beside Thana and her first instinct was to slit his throat but it would only make things worse.

A shiver ran through the male as he kept his eyes down. Thana placed her hand under his chin and lifted his head until his eyes met hers. ”No one is going to hurt you. You’re safe. Come back.” It was the same words her mother spoke to the girls and she hoped it would help. Thana looked into the brown eyes as she gently stroked his cheek while humming the song. ”Come on, it’s alright.”
Shadow looked to Hadley and wasn't worried about Thana right now, if she really wanted to talk to him or attack him then she would do it while away from everyone. He looked to Hadley and smiled warmly as he spoke
Hadley snap out of it. Your fine, think about it, your alive, you have no wounds that have been done to you and you are not being harmed. Come back buddy, come back.
Shadow took Hadleys hand in his as he stood slowly and he helped his friend up. After getting Hadley up he took him in a big hug and spoke lightly into his ear.
I told you nothing bad would happen, remember we came to journey together because you wanted my help. you are brave and you are no ones property.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

A hand lifted his head up, and Hadley found himself forced to meet the burnished eyes. There was darkness in them, death, but kindness as well. A small light that he could watch. His cheek was stroked, and Hadley shifted slightly, coming out of the trance. Shadow's voice was right, he wasn't bleeding. He was still alive, just fine. Pulled up he was brought into an embrace, and Hadley came the rest of the way out of the trance. No one. I'm free.

Taking a shuddering breath he pushed away from Shadowfang, standing by himself, arms wrapped around his body. It was all good. Straightening up he looked over at the killer, the demon that had pushed at him. Y-you can't hurt Isa. His mind was still reeling, not having everything put together, just small fragments running around in his mind before shattering again. He was embarrassed that it had happened, since he had left to stop it from happening. What triggered it?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
The male shifted a little when she stroked his cheek but he was coming out of the trance like state. Good. Shadow pulled him up and took him in an embrace, coaxing him out the rest of the way. Suddenly, He pushed away from Shadow, which brought a smirk to Thana’s face. His words made her stop and stare. ”I would never dream of hurting Isa. She’s my sister.” As if to prove their relation, Thana held up the white crescent moon that hung around her neck. ”Surely you have seen the black one she wears.”

She thought for a moment, wondering what triggered the retreat in him. She looked him over, seeing the scars, and remembered Shadow saying he was no one’s property. Quickly putting things together, she decided to help her sister’s friend. ”I’m assuming you were a slave before. Perhaps not too long ago. It seems you are actually a lot like Isa and myself, retreating within yourself. It’s usually triggered by something in your past. I think it’s safe to assume you know what Isa’s is.” She paused for a moment before continuing. ”It can be controlled. I helped Isa get hers under control and she helped me with mine. Clearly something happened though that triggered a major retreat in her, I’m not sure what though. The only time it had ever been that bad was when our father was present. Anyways, it seems yours is either triggered when you are in immediate danger and think you will be killed, or someone does something to you that your old master did. Again, I am only assuming. But if you wish, I will gladly help you overcome it.”
Hearing that Thana was Isa's sister surprised Hadley. He might have been told before, but everything was a jumbled mess, and he didn't remember. Blushing he nodded his head, looking at the black moon necklace. He knew exactly what to make for Isa now for his return to Casa. S-sorry. He looked over at Shadowfang, glad the large wolf was there. Turning his head he listened quietly as Thana spoke, talking about the black outs he had, slipping into those states where he returned to being a slave. He listened as Thana figured out his past, not acknowledging it, just standing still. He did know Isa's trigger, her father. A terrible trigger, that.

The explanation of why he became like that set his head bowed down. It did seem to happen whenever Amy appeared close. Hearing that it could be controlled immediately perked him up though, tail wagging. He nodded at her assumption. That was when it was triggered, whenever he needed to be a slave to escape from punishment. Yes. I don't want to go back to my pack until I'm sure I won't hurt anyone again. It was foolish, but spoken with his whole heart.
Shadow crossed his arms and listened to Thanas words and even though they were not on the best terms, both Thana and Shadow had a bigger problem and that was Hadley. Shadow nodded lightly as he heard everything and he spoke calmly.

I agree with Thana, she is right, a past like yours Hadley will have caused mental trauma and scaring. I want to help. If we could have you try to reason with your own mind and then have Thana come at you, since she is more closely resembling Amy. We could have her come at you and try and trigger you, you Hadley will have to remember and believe that she is not Amy and that she is your friend. You will have to convince that part of you that it's wrong and own it. It will be hard and will take time but it can be done.

Shadow walked to Hadlet and placed his hand on his shoulder as he nodded to him and gave him a warm smile on encouragement. You can do this Hadley.
Hadley seemed surprised to hear that Thana was Isa’s sister. She understood though, they looked nothing alike. The only thing that was similar was their very tall forms. He apologized to her and she nodded, accepting his apology. He listened quietly as she talked bowing his head down for a moment before hearing it could be controlled. He immediately perked up, tail wagging behind him, clearly excited to learn to control it. She nodded at his explanation. It seemed reasonable.

Shadow spoke to Hadley, seeming to know exactly how Thana planned to help him control it. Than again, he did know almost everything about her and Isa, and anything else could have been pieced together. She still wanted nothing to do with the black male but Hadley seemed calm around him so she would need him there in case Hadley retreated again. He gave Hadley some encouragement before Thana stood in front of him. ”Are you ready?”
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Hearing exactly how they would be planning on getting him to control it made him very, very nervous. If Thana came at him with a killing intent there was no way Hadley was standing still long enough to let it happen. He would be getting out of there to save his own skin, whether or not it was an exercise to stop him from cracking. Was he strong enough? Shadow encouraged him, the hybrid glancing up. He had said he wouldn't return until he could control it. If this was the only way...

Shakily Hadley nodded, trying to stand strong. The air of death around Thana was thicker than with Shadow for some reason, and the fact that she had tried to kill him was still there. Ready. Hadley braced himself for some sign of the darkness that clouded his mind, prepared to fight it at the slightest sign. Unfortunately, knowing what caused it and actually recognizing it was two different things. He had no clue what was coming.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Shadow looked to Thana and nodded lightly as he crossed his arms and took a step to the side. Shadows eyes looked to Hadley, taking him his stance, posture,facial expression and the look in his eyes. Shadow would be judging Hadley on more than his reaction to the assault from Thana but his actions bother before and after.

Hadley would need to steel himself within his mind and body. He couldn't doubt and he couldn't fear, Hadley would in a since need to think like a killer, like an assassin. Shadow looked him over and knew already the fear in those eyes, Shadow also knew that Hadley had an odd gift, shadow even though he hadn't killed anyone for a long time had frightened Hadley nearly to death.

Shadow had been taking notes while around Hadley and he was sure that the man could see that aura of death and danger. He would have to combat that as well. Hadley had to remain calm and not give into any fear because with that fear it seemed he also connected fear and pain to Amy and death.

Hadley you must clear your mind, don't think about the pain coming, your death, anything like that. Stay calm, focused and clear minded, be brave and rather than fear what might happen thing about what you could do to stop it. Don't think about Amy, or anything else other than being calm and brave. Have confidence in yourself. Don't give into fear.
Hadley seemed nervous the moment Thana and Shadow mentioned how they would help him. Shadow tried to encourage him and, shakily, Hadley informed her that he was ready. The dark man spoke to Hadley again, trying to comfort him and calm him down. Hadley, you need to calm down. You need to understand that Amy isn’t here and no one will hurt you. You can control this. But you must be able to control yourself even if Amy is present. If you want to protect the ones you care about, you must be strong and be confident. Think of whomever it is you care about most. Hold an image of them in your mind and think of them, only them and how you want to keep them safe. Don’t focus on the attack, only on them.”

She waited a moment until she felt Hadley was ready then she rushed him, both daggers out at the ready. Thana kept her eyes on him, watching for any signs of movement. She hoped he would do the same thing Isa did when she finally controlled it, either block her attack, or fight back. She could tell he was more than capable of doing so. She aimed to thrust one dagger towards his belly and the other to the side of his neck. Hopefully he would react in some way. If not, she would stop before her daggers touched his skin and try again.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

It seemed they could sense how uneasy he was about this. Shadow's words forced Hadley to straighten up, wanting to seem as confident as the wolf thought he could be. Pushing Amy out of his mind would be very difficult. She dictated his life, even without being there. To remove such a big part of himself would be difficult. Told to think about those he wanted to protect, the first one that clicked into his mind was Selene. He had failed with her though, and actually stole his confidence instead of boosting it. Instead he thought about Isa, standing before the dark ghost that had appeared, trying to send it away.

She had been so strong, yet so broken. Terrified, but still standing up. He wished that she didn't have to bear that by herself. He wished to be her strength. With that thought in mind the last of his fear faded, leaving him standing the way that he was meant to, powerful and strong against the onslaught. Daggers flashed towards him, and Hadley felt death approach, the darkness tunneling towards him. He wanted to run, to do something to escape, his mind threatening retreat. He couldn't though, not if he wanted to be able to help others. Instead he lifted his arms to move, to take the strike instead of the part that would kill him, ready to push her back.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Shadow kept his arms crossed as he watched how Thana came at Hadley, Shadow saw many ways out to turn the attack around or how to block or how to dodge. It was normal for Shadow because he was an assassin, he was trained to think that way but Hadley wasn't. Hadley was capable of being a brave wolf and he would make a good protector if he could master his fear.

Shadow watched Hadley closely seeing how his body reacted and what he saw surprised him. Shadow must have said something right because Hadley didn't flee or pull into himself he stood his ground and actually tried to push Thana back. The move that Hadley did brought a smile to his maul and he nodded lightly at Hadley

Good Hadley! That is good! You didn't fall into yourself but your fear was high and you moved forward out of fear not confidence. This time think about protecting the one you care about. Think about you being all that stands between Thana and Isa. Think that if you died she would die. Be brave be a knight! Be a hero! Again!