Meet the monster
Just as Thana had hoped, he took her advice. He thought about someone he cared for and wanted to protect, making the fear he felt leave his body. She could tell as she attacked, his mind threatened to retreat but he overcame it and pushed her back. Thana took a step away from Hadley, giving him room.

Suddenly, Shadowfang spoke, acting as if he knew what Hadley was going through. She turned to him, pressing her dagger to his throat. ”You’re wrong Shadow, he did cast away his fear and was confident in his actions. He did extremely well for his first time. It’s not a one time thing that you get over quickly, it takes days to perfect it the way me and Isa did. You have no fucking idea what it’s like Shadow so sit your ass down, and shut the fuck up!” She was still furious with him and wanted to skin him alive right there but it would only set Hadley back.

Thana removed her dagger from his throat and turned her attention back to Hadley. ”We can’t do it again Hadley, not right away. You need to take time to calm yourself first otherwise you will retreat within yourself. Isa would probably help you back in Casa if you asked her, but I can’t spend much more time around him.” She motioned to Shadowfang. ”He wouln’t be able to help you the way Isa and I could either, so I would suggest practicing with her. It will be harder at first since you’re closer to her but with time you can control it.” She placed a hand on his shoulder, showing him that he did well. Her eyes turned to Shadow as she glared at him.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

His ears twitched as Thana pulled back. Had he done it? Staying still and focusing was hard. All he had seen at the end was darkness, darkness that he had attempted to push back. Thinking about Isa had almost faded at the end, only the knowledge that there was someone he was trying to protect there at the end. It seemed Shadowfang had noticed that, remarking on how Hadley needed to be stronger. It was difficult to imagine, shudders running through his body at the thought. He didn't know if he could, so afraid that he'd fail, leaving Isa to die.

The violence that Thana brought up shook him to the core. It hadn't been fake, he knew that. The darkness that radiated from Thana threatened everything. She was a killer, a monster, even if she was being kind right now. He would never feel safe around her. The words she spoke was met with a simple nod. Feeling darkness from Isa would be difficult. She didn't have the same feeling as these two did. The hand on his shoulder had him pulling away, wishing to not be touched. Not by someone who could kill him without even thinking about it.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhope b {font-weight:bold; color:#735f53; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.hadhope p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.hadhope {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#b9afa9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lkTq1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #494543; padding:400px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#d7d7d7; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#aca39d 0px 0px 3px;}
.hadhope p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hadhope p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
Shadow just looked to the Dagger at his throat when it had been placed there and he made no more or emotion about his displeasure at having her continue to treat him like they never knew one another and that he was an enemy. He back up the moment she removed the dagger and then he turned his back to them as Thana spoke and basically told Shadow that he had no right helping Hadley at all.

Shadow continued to listen to the both of them and then once Thana was done he noticed her glaring at him.

Hadley you did well there is no doubt about that, Good job. I'm going to be over by the river, the invitation is for Thana and her alone. Hadley get some sleep and remember you are brave and a good friend to those you care for.

Shadow walked forward towards the river without looking back until he was just out of view and he looked over his shoulder and pulled his sword out knowing Thana and not Hadley would be able to see him as he tapped the sword on his shoulder lightly giving Thana a simple, visual challenge and then he walked to where there "talk" would be. Shadow would earn her respect againand after than he would work on getting her to trust him, but it would be one thing at a time.
Shadow simply looked at the dagger she held at his throat and backed up the moment she removed it. He spoke to Hadley again, then invited Thana to meet him at the river. At first, she growled at him, wanting nothing to do with the man who hurt her. He gave her a visual challenge once he was out of Hadley’s view and she nodded slightly, ready for a fight so she could kill him and take that beautiful coat of his.

Thana turned to Hadley and looked at him, sadness in her eyes. ”I’m sorry Hadley. I didn’t mean to scar you with how I acted towards Shadow. He hurt me deeply and because of it, I accepted what I was trained to be. I didn’t want any of this, to be a killer, a monster.” She looked down before speaking again. ”I just wish I hadn’t ever seen him again.” Thana noticed he either didn’t want to be touched at all, or just by her, so she nodded to him before heading down to the river where Shadowfang waited.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Dismissed Hadley nodded his head. It didn't even occur to him to argue about it, moving back to go back to sleep as he'd been ordered. He paused at Thana's words, nodding once before continuing. Why someone would become a killer without choosing it was beyond his grasp. There were plenty of other paths one could choose. Perhaps that had just been the simplest for her to take. Silently he curled up where the camp was, closing his eyes. It only took an instant for sleep to take him.

<style type="text/css">
.hadhope b {font-weight:bold; color:#735f53; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia;}
.hadhope {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#b9afa9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lkTq1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #494543; padding:400px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#d7d7d7; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#aca39d 0px 0px 3px;}
</style>[/html]
Shadow waited as his back was turned and he was standing facing the river with his sword resting gently on his shoulder with the side of it's blade against his fur. He tapped it lightly on his shoulder as his ears listened for all, He had his eyes closed so that his other senses could go on high alert and warn him of her coming.

She would do one of two things, one she would speak to him first and they could start the fight honorably or she could come right out and attack him the moment she got close enough. He would be ready for the second but would accept the first gladly. Shadow ears twitched lightly as the sound of a ghost came closer and closer. She was good, but his body slowly got a chill as she approached. His body had warned him and he knew where she was now all he would have to do was wait for the strike.

His tail stopped moving and his ears were perked straight up as his eyes remained closed. He had fought many assassins in the past and had killed them all, or in rare cases he would let them leave but they would have wounds that would make them incapable of being an assassin any longer. He cared for Thana but he had dealt her a mortal wound, if not physically then mentally. He would now have to answer for it.
[html]

OOC here!

Thana quietly walked closer, making almost no sound as she moved. She knew he would still know where she was though; any good assassin would be able to. She kept her eyes on him, making sure he didn’t turn and attack. Slowly, she moved around him until she was in front of him.

She pulled out her daggers and took up a ready stance, her eyes burning with both pain and anger. If she was able to, she would kill him. Thana had told him she would if she ever saw him again, she did warn him.

Thana stared into his mismatched eyes that she once saw as beautiful, now she only felt hatred when she looked at them. She no longer cared about him. He had hurt her in such a way that she would never be able to forgive him. Her lips pulled back into a snarl as a deep growl rumbled in her chest. She stayed ready, waiting for him to make the first move since he was the one who challenged her.

<style type="text/css">
.thancai b {font-weight:bold; color:#af7775; text-shadow:#251111 1px 1px 2px;}
.thancai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.thancai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#573131; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yzvf9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a2626; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a38180; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.thancai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.thancai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.thancai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
Shadow kept his eyes closed until she got in front of him and once that happened his eyes slowly opened and the same emotionless mask that Thana wore he now wore as well. IN this fight he would be fighting to earn her respect and he was also fighting for the one he loved. Insomnia was the topic of this battle and the reason the fight was going to start. Shadow liked Thana and then left and then he found Insomnia and fell hard for her, Harder than anything else in his life.

He looked deeply into the eyes of Thana and he knew what he was up against. She would try to take his life. She had warned him that if she saw him again she would kill him and take his pelt. It would have helped if she had said, wither she bumped into him or the other way around that it wouldn't matter, that she would then kill him. Shadow had no time to think about all the what if's, this was serious and he would have to put everything he had into this fight or he wouldn't be coming home to Insomnia ever again. He moved his sword and held it in front of his body as he looked past the blade and to the daggers and body of Thana.

He nodded and then without any other words he dashed forward and slashed the sword across from left to right without holding anything back. All he needed to do was make her yield, or strike a blow serious enough to make her with draw from the fight, that or kill her or have himself killed. The difference between the two was one simple yet important thing. Thana wanted Shadow dead and Shadow didn't want to kill Thana. This battle would be a hard one. After he slashed his sword he jumped high going over head so that he would land at her back and he slashed sideways again. Quickly as the battle started the sound of metal hitting metal and fangs and teeth snapping were heard. The battle continued as trees and bushes were cut and broken as blades barely missed and grazed the two assassins. All shadow could do was fight as hard as he could and hope that when he hit her, it didn't kill her.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow kept his eyes on her, both wearing an expressionless mask. Their eyes met and he held his sword out in front of him. Thana held her daggers at the ready and Shadow nodded, signifying he was ready. She returned with a nod of her own and he dashed forward.

The sound of metal hitting metal and sharp growls and snarls filled the air as they fought. She moved her daggers expertly, blocking each of his blows. Memories flooded through her mind and she wasn’t able to concentrate on the fight as she realized she couldn’t hurt him, she still loved him. Shadow jumped and landed behind her, cutting into her side and back, leaving a good sized gash on her left side before he moved to face her again. She gave up, not wanting to fight him. She dropped her arms down to her sides, releasing her daggers. Shadow seemed to notice only a moment too late. His sword dug into her chest, right above her heart. She knew enough to be able to treat her wounds so they would heal and not be too serious but she was still badly wounded. Thana dropped down to her knees, tears in her eyes. ”There. Now you can see how you hurt me.” The physical pain she could handle, the emotional pain she had been feeling for the past few days was too much though. She broke down into tears in front of him.

<style type="text/css">
.thancai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#573131; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yzvf9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a2626; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a38180; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
Shadows eyes went wide when he saw the guard drop. His sword was already in motion and he was unable to stop it in time. He pulled it back and kept the sword from killing her but the cut was still deep and as he watched her drop to her knees he was still an assassin but the moment he heard "There, Now you can see how you hurt me" he dropped his sword and tears started to leave his eyes as he stood there just looking to his hands not believing that he had just attacked and nearly killed someone he had cared for.

He looked from his hands to her and he feel to his knees as well and spoke with all the emotion he could muster.

I'm....so sorry...I'm....so...sorry.....

Shadow reached out for her with one hand and tried to move some of the hair from her face like he had done long ago and as they sit there rain started to gently fall onto the ground around them and blood from there fight started to slowly mix with the soil, slowly to become one with the earth.
[html]

OOC here!

Thana saw Shadow’s eyes widen as he tried to stop the blow, but it was too late. She had a deep gash in her side that extended along her back and another across her chest, just above her heart. It would have been fatal if he hadn’t pulled his sword back. Just another inch or so and she would have died quickly.

He fell to his knees as well and apologized as he reached out to her. Shadow moved some of Thana’s hair from her face, bringing back fond memories of their time before he left. Thana felt a raindrop fall on her muzzle as it started to rain. She met his eyes with her good one as her vision darkened. ”I…I love you..Shadow.” Her vision went black as her body went limp in his arms, passing out from blood loss.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Shadow held her as she went cold and he howled as he picked her up and ran back to the camp where Hadley would be. He rushed and moved faster than he ever had and he jumped over a large fallen tree as he landed next to the fire. He places Thana down and worked fast. He grabbed meat and got it close and he moved and gathered water and he started to clean her wounds.

He used the water and some of the plants near by to make sure there wouldn't be infection and then he put bandages on all her wounds and made sure to stop the bleeding. He grabbed her and his pelt and placed them on her as the ran kept coming down and as it started to fall faster shadow made a make shift hut out of branches, logs and large leaves and even bushes in the area. He sat next to her on his knees and he watched her breathing and he kept checking her pulse. He would not leave her side. He had water and meat near by for when she woke and he hoped that he was fast enough to save her life. Please, Thana...don't die. Stay. Come back. His ears were flat against his head and his eyes still had tears in them as he watched her like a hawk.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

A tearful howl jerked Hadley awake. Something very, very bad had happened. Sitting up he looked around wildly. He was right out in the open, with no knowledge of what was going on. A black demon broke through to the campside, a limp form in it's arms. It killed it! Whatever that demon was, it had killed that wolf! Blind panic ran through him, scurrying backwards as fast as he could. He couldn't be noticed. He just couldn't. This was very, very bad.

His heart pounded as he watched the wolf be placed down. The black demon set to work, strange things done. It took a while before he recognized it as medicine. Heart calming Hadley realized it was Shadow. What was he doing? There was so much blood. Slowly he inched forwards, hackles raised with fear. The tearful words struck him, and Hadley moved the rest of the way up. Examining the wounds he nodded softly. Need...green plant. Spiky. Low. Thick leaves, juicy. That would help with the wounds. Hadley had been injured enough, in almost the exact same fashion. His hand reached up to the scar that ran across there, nervous. How to fix it? He knew, but would Shadow listen?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Shadow turned to Hadley and almost bared his teeth but his senses stopped him and he then looked back to Thana and as the words slowly came from Hadley Shadows eyes got wide and then he hugged the man and nodded.

Yes! thank you. how could I have forgotten...Hadley you ask for what you need and I'll find it!

Shadow took off and gathered the plants he had just been told to gather and he was back in minutes after he had left. He placed them next to Thana near Hadley and then he watched Hadley go to work. Shadow's expertise on plants were things with poisons and things that killed other germs. He hadn't enough time to learn how to heal and relieve pain, only kill infection and cure or give poison aliments. The moment Hadley told him to grab anything else he would go and get it. Shadow had done well to stop the bleeding but Thana would need more than just that.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

Patiently Hadley worked on the injured wolf. He knew how this was fixed, knew the depth of the wound and how bad it was. It seemed his injuries were actually helping someone now. Amy wasn't willing to waste the time caring for the injuries she gave him, so taught him to care for his own wounds. Now it would save her life. With the plant provided he took it, quickly making a paste out of water to cover the wound with. Glancing around he tore through a pelt, creating a rough bandaging.

With the wound sealed Hadley spent his time making sure infection didn't set in, the one thing that had been drilled into his head so many times he could do it asleep. Cool water was provided, the area washed around as he checked for other injuries. Satisfied that she would be fine Hadley leaned back, nodding his head. He still didn't know what had happened beyond that impression of death that first reached out, but Thana would make it. She'd just be very sore and tired, struggling to move for the next few days. It would take at least a couple weeks for it to heal enough for her to move around without tearing it open again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Thana’s eyes slowly opened, vision still blurred slightly as she looked around. She was at some camp and there were two males beside her. Waking up confused and scared, she jumped up, moving away from the males. Thana didn’t even notice the pain until she looked down to see blood flowing from wounds that seemed to have reopened. She panicked and shakily stood up, trying to run. She never actually looked at the males, she just say a black form and a brown one. Having assumed the black form was her father and then noticing the wounds, she thought she was back with him, about to be raped for doing something wrong.

She only managed to make it a few feet before she collapsed, bleeding quite a bit. All she could think about was escaping her father, nothing else. Thana finally reached her breaking point, retreating within herself just as Hadley had almost done earlier. She laid on the ground with a blank look on her face. She should have been screaming in pain but she wasn’t. She was just gone.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Shadow Saw Thana move and she was quick to get up and try to run away. He moved behind her and shortly after she had taken off she stopped and fell. Shadow dove and managed to catch her in his arms as he cooed and slowly brought her back to where she was resting. He brought her close and nuzzled her fur on her neck as he spoke to her softly and kindly.Thana, it's me shadow...do not fear...do not hide...You are safe.. Shadow placed her gently as he looked her over and he saw by the look in her eyes that she was gone. He gently moved his hand through her hair. Come back Thana, Come back to me, Come back to your sister Isa. Come back to your friends.
[html]

OOC here. /+000

The eyes reopened, that was good. It looked like Thana would be alright. Unfortunately, against all advice Hadley could give her, she stood up and attempted to run off. Collapsing on the ground Hadley sighed. He moved over to where she was, and rolled her over. It looked like she had checked out. Well, it would give him a chance to fix the wounds again at least. Shadow was holding her, and Hadley very quietly moved around, again cleaning the wounds and redressing them.

It wasn't too bad. Softly he hummed the song that had been sung to him earlier, not really paying attention. He was just doing his work after all. Satisfied that the wounds would be fine he finished reexamining her and stepped back, deciding to let Shadow do the rest. After all, he knew Thana. All Hadley knew about her was that she was a terrifying killer that would most likely kill him one of these days. It was best to let someone who could survive that help her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Someone came over to her and rolled her over onto her back. The black beast was holding her. She knew she made the mistake of running; her father would only torture her more. Expecting to be raped again, she was surprised when the beast told her she was safe. She almost gave in and came back but knew it was a trap. Thana heard the humming though, recognizing the song, and started to slowly come back.

The other man cleaned her wounds and bandaged them, bringing her back a little more. The man who helped her and hummed her mother’s song stepped back, away from her. She didn’t want to be near the black beast, Thana wanted to be near the one who seemed safe. Once she came back, she backed up for a moment, moving towards Hadley until she realized it was just Shadow. Thana wrapped her arms around him, making sure to be careful of her wounds. Thana looked around, making sure her father wasn’t around.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]