Come on in boy, the water's fine.
[html]

ooc text. Pictou River, the border of New Dawn.

He'd wondered down, still in his lupus form, sniffing along the border. Insomnia had been helpful and nice but he'd have to keep going. He was a loner and loners did what loners do: wonder. He'd never been the sticking-around type. His last stop would be the Pictou River as he stopped on the river bank. It was a wider part of the river. A quiet place, good for hopping in to take a bath and hopping back out when you were clean. Just like he could also fish and get some water to drink.

Slowly he shifted, changing so his body elongated. His fur growing shorter, his mane growing longer. The red in his mane was fading so more of the black hair showed. His muscles grew, tougher and larger, and he grew the more human-like qualities that gave him his optime form. When he was finished shifting he stretched. Lowering himself down into the river where at his tall height the water only met his waist. He began to bathe, washing the cold water over his muscular body.

I will not fall, I will not fade.
I will take your breath away!
<style>
.tobony p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.tobony b {color:#8b9fbf;}
.tobony-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.tobony-charname {text-align:center; font-family:georgia, serif; color:#8b9fbf; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.tobony-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/25fhkev.jpg); height:301px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#061446;}
.tobony-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.tobony {background-color:#5f6fa6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #061446; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c1446; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow was out hunting only just outside the borders of New Dawn. He looked around and had just finished hunting down some small easy prey and he had some blood on his face that needed to be washed off. Shadow was in Optime form and was now standing at a massive 8"0 tall with large muscles and a deep gaze in his eyes. As he moved to the nearest source of water that was near him he picked up the smell of another and it did not smell of New Dawn. Shadow used his stealth and moved in closer to where the scent was coming from and there he was, a male looking much like himself was about to take a splash in the water.

Shadow moved out from his hiding spot and spoke calmly. Looks like I'm not the only one who wants to take a quick dip. My name is Shadow, I'm from New Dawn, pleasure to meet you. Forgive me I was hunting and I want to get this blood off me, If you don't like it i will leave and let you wash up. Shadows tail moved lightly behind him as he crossed his arms and waited to see what this new comer would say or do.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc text.

The male that had stepped out behind him didn't scare him. Toby was use to random souls appearing around him. He turned to face him more straight on. A huge male, taller than Toby by a foot, black like him except this was a wolf and not a german shepherd. Shadow was his name. A fine name in Toby's opinion. As he stepped closer and spoke Toby briefly picked the scent up of someone he'd recently met. A small grin crossed his lips.

"I'm Toby. Come on in then, I'm just bathing. Thought I'd wash up before I left the territory. You're a friend of Insomnia's? I just met her. Nice girl, she was." The german shepherd lowered himself to sit on the river bed. Her scent washed off him, only picked up by standing near her while she told him where he was. She'd been a great help and he was sure if her scent drifted under the blood and pack scent of the male then he was a fine friend to have.

<style>
.tobony-charname {text-align:center; font-family:georgia, serif; color:#8b9fbf; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.tobony-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/25fhkev.jpg); height:301px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#061446;}
.tobony-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.tobony {background-color:#5f6fa6; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #061446; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c1446; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
[html]

OOC here!

Shadow smiled lightly as he picked up the scent of insomnia on his fur just as he said he had met her and he nodded lightly as he looked the man over and then slowly he moved over to the water and slowly lowered himself into the pool and he sighed lightly as he smiled and closed his eyes before speaking. So you have met Insomnia...Yeah she is my mate, I joined this pack mostly for her. If it wasn't for her then I wouldn't be in a family and i wouldn't have a pack. And thank you, Insomnia is nice, very nice.Shadow opened his eyes slowly as he looked over to the dark male and looked deep into his eyes. It's a pleasure to meet you Toby, it is sad that you have no pack, I have a feeling that me and you would be able to get along. I know this is a little quick but if Insomnia liked you and I don't have a problem with you, if you ever need help don't hesitate to ask. I'll even bring Insomnia and maybe we could all hunt together or something. I think that her and I both would enjoy that.

<style>
.shadowself .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.shadowself p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shadowself b {color:#26577F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shadowself {background-color:#1F4752; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... falm-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:480px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.shadowself .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc text.

It was a kind gesture. It was straight forward and to the point. Toby nodded a bit. The invitation to being friends with this happy couple was something he found particulary inticing. He'd love a good hunt with friends... something he'd never really understood before. The only hunting he'd done with others was in the pack when they were forced to find new women or men. That hunting had left him more scarred than happy though and so now he was finding this a happy experience to be taken.

"That sounds fine... We should very well see about that." He looked about, growing still with his body, inspecting the river bed for fish. Most of the fish had fled at the scent of blood as it traveled through the river when Shadow had entered the water. Others had come looking for a free meal. "Ever fish?" Toby inquired. It was a trait he'd always wondered about but had never really had time to learn. If he tried, he might get lucky a couple of times but pure luck was never a skill. Fishing was a skill. One that he would like to learn if he could.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
Shadow listened closely to everything Toby was saying and then after he was done shadow smiled and nodded lightly as he picked up the bit about knowing how to fish.I know how but not in the way where you use a stick and have a worm on a hook at the end of a string. I use my fast reflexes and patience to get the fish I want, it takes a great deal of time but it is said that all good things come to he who waits, or so they say. Shadow felt relaxed and his eyes closed gently as he let the feeling of the water around him ease his mind and took his hands and brought some of the water to his muzzle and washed the blood from it as he looked to Toby again. If you need help learning or want any pointers I can help you out.
[html]

ooc text.

He gave a listen to the male's words. He'd never been a true fan of fish anyways. He wouldn't burden his new friend with the task of playing mentor for the dog. "It's fine... I won't bug you with it." Before his friend could insist on anything else, he changed the subject as smoothly as possible. "So how's the pack life? You seem to infer you weren't born into a pack so I'm just curious to know... If Insomnia hadn't gotten you to come join would you stay? Or is the life of a loner still preferred?"

A thought entered his mind. His mom had always wanted him to join a pack. Something he hadn't remembered since his memories had been replaced with years of abuse. She'd wanted him to make it whether she did or not. It'd become her mission in life after all those years. Mya had been taught the same detail her mother so very much believed: Pack life was always easier. Toby's mind buzzed in thought. Did this mean he should feel guilty for not meeting his mother's standards? Or did he need a pack? Fang's thoughts and his buzzed through his brain. What did this mean?

<style>
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
Shadow looked to Toby and nodded lightly when he said not to worry about it and then he heard Toby ask him about the pack. Shadow actually had to think about it. He closed his eyes and then it came to him. If i had never met Insomnia then i am sure that i would be alone still...wondering the land and venturing and going where the wind would take me. Now if you asked me if I would leave given the ones I have met then no....I have grown fond of my pack, I love them...and I want to be there for them. If not for insomnia then I wouldn't have known what love was...what a family was like. Shadow looked over to Toby and smiled lightly before he looked to the water.
[html]

ooc text.

"Interesting." It was all he could say. Now his mind buzzed. The german shepherd was never happy and never content. If it wasn't one thing it was the other. If he needed to be alone he would be sad, if he needed to be with others all kinds of uncertainty gathered in his brain. He would never understand things. He would never be satisfied. And now the thin line was fading between him and Fang. Fang had been growing steadily stronger within the brains of the dog. Slowly he shook his head and tried to refocus. Focusing on things had been hard lately.

"So... You have any pups with that lady of yours?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
Toby Table by Raze.
Shadow smiled lightly as he was asked the last question. He closed his eyes as he thought about that dream. He loved Insomnia and would love to have a family with her. He had thought about it since he had first met her. He spent that one night with her dreaming of being a father to beautiful pups from a beautiful angel such as her. Shadow opened his eyes and looked to Toby . No...we do not have pups but I want to. More than anything. I have dreamed of having a family with her. She is beautiful and loving and caring and she will make a wonderful mother. Any pups she were to bare would be beautiful as well and they would fill the world with joy.
[html]

New table Wink and a bad word;O

No pups. But the couple was surely happy. A growing aggrivation began to form in the dog's mind. Why was everyone else allowed to be so lucky? Why was he so rejected all the time? Why couldn't he be the lucky father to be one day? He let out a slow, deep breath trying not to get too frustrated. What had been with him lately? You're a bastard, that's what! chimed Fang's thoughts. Toby held back a growl. The other personality had done enough already lately. Now the line between them had been fading way too much and his sanity was dwindling.

He had to shake his head again, clearing it once more. What had they been talking about? Packs? No, that was a ways back... Mates? No, wrong again... He gave a confused glare to the water he bathed in. Pups! Ah, yes. He looked back up at the man who'd probably start getting curious on the dog's state of mind. "Sorry I..." He what? Was there any real need to apologize? Had the male even noticed his confusion in his own thoughts? "Nevermind. Forgive me I have a bit of thoughts on my mind. Nothing to fear though, its really quite pointless..." He knew he'd start to let the conversation fade. The friendliness was an act. Toby was no conversationalist. He was no friendly dog. He was a loner, and always a loner. God, he couldn't even properly socialize with other males.

<style>
.crows .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.crows p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.crows b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.crows {background-color:#A4A4A4; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... vge0-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 265px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.crows-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.crows .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Fang/Toby table by Bria.
Shadows eyes watched the strangers closely, his training had kicked in and he tried to figure out the male across from him. His eyes, it was interesting, they were be clear one moment and then unfocused the next. Tobys words about being sorry and then saying that he had thought on the mind was an understatement. Shadow was sure while the dark male was thinking that there was a slight movement up the lips that could have easily turned to a growl or snarl. Shadow sat up more and then as he looked to Toby he started to talk in a calm soothing voice, one that a brute like himself should find hard to have, be he did.

Toby....Are you alright? If you need some time alone with your thoughts I understand completely. Given my past, I am fully aware of a darker being within myself, I have mastered my beast, but even so it can still gain hold and try and rule my thoughts, my actions. I am here if you need me, friend. Shadow's eyes watched Toby closely, he had seen a look that he had witnessed once before...in the eyes of Insomnia, when the demon had taken her.
[html]

OOC here! Wrap up soon I suppose?

It was Shadow that pulled Toby back away from trying to shift through his thoughts. His soothing voice coming through the thick cloud that had temporarily moved into his mind. The words that could relate to his situation, yet seem so safe and distant. "I... It's fine..." He gave a small sigh and closed his eyes, trying to blink away the remnants of his inward conflict. "I suppose I should be off anyways," he said as he opened his eyes again. Yes, maybe it was time to go.

He climbed slowly out from the river, looking around for the missing bag he'd not had for a while. It was always a while before he remembered exactly what he'd brought with him to places. Since there was nothing, (him traveling recently with nothing but pants which usually went missing), he shook himself out as best as he could in optime form and turned back to the large male in the water. "It was a great pleasure to meet you. I should like to return for a talk another time. Perhaps then you'll have the pups you desire." He gave him a small, reassuring smile. There was no need for anyone to worry over him. He was a monster. One that deserved to be chained up in a cage and left for dead.

<style>
.crows .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.crows p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.crows b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.crows {background-color:#A4A4A4; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... vge0-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 265px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.crows-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.crows .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Fang/Toby table by Bria.