you used to hold me.
After her brief but informative meeting with the egyptian dog she had gathered up all her belongings and set out to the Salsola pack which was fortunately near by. Alessandra was determined to get into this pack, though she knew the difficulty she would have with the first, initial meeting with the higher ups. The inky woman had made sure her appearance was impeccable, she had guessed first impressions were important and she didn't want to show up looking like a ragged mess to such a secretive pack, other then what she learned from Imhotep she didn't know much about them at all besides the fact that they kept slaves, something that she knew she would very rarely find in the other packs scattered about Nova Scotia.

The steady hoofbeats of Valhalla jerked her out of her thoughts and she pulled on the reins and sat back in the saddle gently but firmly, she did not want to get too close to their borders for fear of being accused of trespassing, something that was cautioned to her. It was pretty standard, but with a pack that enslaved others she could only imagine what the punishment would be like. All three of them wore their skull headdresses, Max looking the most fearsome in his and the horse looking equally intimidating. Sky-blue eyes laid back in the depth of hers, and she looked out of the eye sockets silently and calmly as she motioned for the great white slave to stop. Without a word he raised his hands to create a makeshift cradle for her to dismount and this she did in one fluid, graceful motion.

With her out of the saddle she looked her companions over, making everything was neat and in order. Finding everything to her liking the ebony woman straightened out her rabbit-fur lined cloak and reached into one of the inside pockets to retrieve a gift, something that she thought she should bring. After long deliberation she had decided on a piece that had been with her family for generations, though weather it had been actually used was another matter. Before she presented it to the authority of the pack she carefully examined it. It was a perfectly crafted and sized sacrificial dagger, made of glass and thick bone, the origin of which she did not know. The blade was glass, and it was clear and free of scratches, though dangerously sharpened. The handle was strong, bleach bone with a small glass vial embedded into it, filled with a red liquid. This liquid was blood, and it was from a black panther from the jungles of India.

One of her ancestors went on a hunting trip from Norway and slayed the cat that attacked him with this very dagger, then re-crafted the handle to fit his gory triumph. It would be hard to give it away, but it felt right to be going to this pack and not stolen from some worthless scum out in the neutral lands. Satisfied she made the right choice in a gift, she re-wrapped it in it's black and silver sheath and held it gently but firmly in her paws. Looking over at her slave, she smiled and nodded before looking at the thorny borders, raising her maw to the sky and yipping to announce her presence and call for packland leadership to gain entrance into the pack of Salsola.
[html]

(313)

Draugr is by me!

Having experienced the process of accepting a canine to Salsola with Eris and Athanasios, the drab-furred youth had decided to continue her trekking and patrolling of the borders. She was confident she now knew what to do -- if the newcomer did not directly address their skills, she must inquire upon them. She needn't call for the authority of the pack until she had ascertained some information about the newcomer, either. Eris had taken her aside after they'd parted ways with Athanasios and explained the process more thoroughly to Draugr, albeit in the dry and clipped tones of one who wished to be elsewhere entirely -- perhaps by the remnants of Larkspur's pyre.

The drab-colored woman carried on about her business of attending the borders, more sure of herself than she had been in the previous weeks, and was glad to hear the high-pitched call of someone awaiting her attention. Scurrying quickly to the source of the sound, the woody brown woman eventually happened upon a strange-looking trio: a pale-faced woman with ink-dark fur, a linebacker-huge pale wolf, and a horse. Dra stood back and away from the trio, putting both hands on her hips and smiling a toothy smile toward them.

What can I do for you? she asked, far more confident than she should have been, faced with two strangers and a horse. The dark woman knew this system of greeting newcomers better now, however, and her confidence had increased tenfold. She looked on them with proud purple eyes, knowing she stood on her pack's boundary and was in the position of power in this interaction. It was a rare feeling for the Bambino, who was used to being beneath just about everyone but the Associates and Slaves -- even there, she was uncertain of her authority, as she was but a child.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]The inky woman didn't have to wait long, for her call was answered very quickly. Pleased by this, she smiled under her skull to the beautifully shaded woody wolfdog in front of her and dipped her head respectfully before speaking, Maximilian following suit instantly. With her usually he had a more relaxed air about him, but he knew the importance of this meeting and so he kept his maw shut and watched with gentle eyes at the proceeding. Valhalla nickered softly at the stranger standing across from the trio, the antlers on his modified moose-skull clicking together quietly as he shook his head gently. Alessandra was the first to step forward, still respectfully away from the border but a little bit closer.

" I am here to gain acceptance to Salsola, for I believe I hold the skills and poweress that will directly benefiet your pack lands. " She said politely, pulling back her cloak to reveal the weapons strapped around her body before covering herself up again. " I am a weapons expert as well as highly skilled in unarmed combat, poisons and healing herbs are areas of expertise that I carry as well. " Pausing, she motioned to the slave a little ways behind her before continuing. " My name is Alessandra Von Sin, and this is my slave, Maximilian Von Sin. He also has skills that will benefiet these lands, he is extremely proficient in swordsmanship as well as leather making and wood crafting. "

She was quick to get to the point, as she did not want her presence to mis-understood by the one in front of her. Realizing she may have over-explained herself, she stepped back a little and smiled at the girl, rolling her shoulders to ease her mind. " What is your name, if you don't mind me asking? " She asked simply and kindly, blue eyes seeking the girls violet gaze from within the depths of her skull. [/html]
[html]

(338)

Draugr is by me!

Unlike those of her own pack, it was very clear to Dra, however, how she was supposed to treat outsiders, for she knew how their ilk operated -- untested, unworthy, treacherous creatures prone to backstabbing and all sorts of other dangerous behaviors. The drab-furred coyote also knew, however, that any who had been sent to Salsola with even a whisper of its customs were likely to have already proven themselves elsewise, to some other Salsolian. Otherwise, they would not have had foreknowledge of the pack's culture.

Draugr listened to the woman speak of her skills, appraising the dark-fur of her body and the paleness of her mask. The mask itself was queer, as all masks, but the woman's startlingly pale blue eyes gave the woman a rather corpselike appearance, as if she was an apparition. The heavy musk of horse on the air, however, told Dra these were no illusions, and she nodded thoughtfully at the woman's conclusion. At the question, the drab canine considered more heavily, and a small smile broke out on her face. She did not wish to give up her name -- and she did not have to. At least, not yet.

You may learn my name yet, the woman said, albeit in a way that was not entirely lacking in warmth. I am not important just now -- you will have to speak to one of our leaders, and they are who you should worry about. With that, the drab-hued woman turned and called toward the skies, her deep hound's voice baying for the attention of Eris or Sirius. Only they could allow anyone to pass over the borders, Draugr knew -- the sable-hued woman herself had explained that after Athanasios, and Dra had no intention of letting either of the elder canines step over the border just yet. Of course, the youth did not consider that the pair of canines and horse were no match for her -- she would be trampled or thrown aside in an instant if the wolves and their horse proved dangerous.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]The ebony woman was mildly surprised with the youths forwardness, but she supposed that it was how Salsola operated, from what she gathered they were very secretive. A simple swish of her tail and a dip from her head was her response, and she waited patiently as the girl called out for her leaders. Valhalla shuffled impatiently beside her, he would rather bury his inky nose into some fresh greens then standing still for so long. He was an amazingly skill warhorse, able to act his part in the heat of battle, but otherwise he usually did what he wanted, when he wanted. He was much larger then Alessandra, standing at a whopping sixteen hands high, but he was completely under her command. The large warhorse suddenly shifted to the side, nudging Alessandra and danced in place, his ears perked forward and his gaze directed past the girl standing on the borders.

It seemed someone had answered the call, for Valhalla was scenting another entering the area. Heeding his cues, Alessandra firmly tugged on his reins to make him stand still and looked beyond the girl, a new scent filling her nasal passages as another neared. The woman entered the area quickly, with an air around herself that spoke of her rank, and Alessandra and Max both lowered themselves respectfully, Aless dipping her head in greeting to the black-furred lady in front of them. " Hilsener, my lady. " She said, speaking her greeting in Norwegian, the language most familiar to her. She had been in Canada long enough to learn english well, but when given the chance she would speak her mother language.

She watched with icy blues as the two talked amongst eachother and she waited until the black lady took notice of her.[/html]
[html]

(574)

Draugr is by me!

The wolfdog eagerly awaited the arrival of one ranked higher than herself -- she was ready this time, and she knew what to do. This filled her with a strange pride, one she found queer but, of course, it was not an unpleasant feeling. She rather liked it, and would strive for more of the same in the future -- figuring out a system was but half the fun; the second half came from triumphing over those systems. She would not be Bambino for much longer. Soon, adulthood and responsibility for herself and her own actions would dawn, and Draugr could no longer use the rank of Bambino as her shield.

Part of Dra was displeased with the woman's response -- she had wanted fire and danger from the woman, some deep and primal part of her. The calmness of Alessandra and her companion only served as a disappointment, tempering the Bambino's desire to be here and her desire to interact further with the pair. Stop that, mama Siv's voice commanded, sharply. You are almost an adult, act like it. The same had been said a hundred times over, perhaps in different words, but still -- the dark-furred woman straightened and peered at the pair with lavender eyes, still curious but content to keep the silence until another of the pack arrived.

It was not long until just such a canine arrived -- although Alessandra's greeting was quicker than Eris's, it was Draugr's pleasure to step forward and offer the customary Salsolian greeting to her shorter leader, careful to stoop as she did so. Draugr had found the woman's words odd, evoking some deep sence of remembrance in her she could not place, but now was not the time or place to inquire upon it. The dark subleader did not acknowledge the newcomer's words, in any case, and only turned to Draugr, asking the same question she'd asked of Athanasios. Who do we have here?

Though the dark woman's personality was still tempered, and she still smelled of sadness to Draugr, some of her fire returned, and the lavender-eyed youth even saw a faint hope in her chartreuse eyes. Hope for what? Hope for Draugr's success? The youth wondered what consequence one such as herself was to The Auxiliary, but not so long as to delay her answer. Alessandra Von Sin, and her slave, Draugr said, introducing the pair with a gesture of one dark hand. The slave did not require naming. She boasts combat skill, poisons and healing herbs. Another gardener-warrior, the Bambino suggested, explaining flatly and without flourish. Her slave also has skills, if you will hear them, the young wolfdog offered. Eris shook her head and turned both yellow-green eyes toward the masked woman.

I am Eris Eternity, and you must know this is Salsola, she said, her voice still carrying some of the flatness Draugr had observed since her mate's funeral. It was to be expected, Dra supposed. The loss hadn't effected her, but it had shaken many others of the pack. If you know us, you know you must present me with a gift, mm? she prompted, chartreuse eyes on the stunningly large horse. I will have you know, we are in need of those capable of killing for us, but I will not have you without having your loyalty, as well, the dark-furred hybrid added.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Not a word nor motion came from the trio as the two pack members spoke to each other, though Alessandra listened intently to the words exchanged. When it came time for the inky woman to take notice of her prospective pack-members Alessandra cleared her throat and kept her ears trained on the impressive woman in front of her. " I did come bearing a gift, it is a bone and glass dagger expertly crafted. It is meant to be used in sacrifice rituals, and as you will see there is a small vial within the handle that contains black panther blood from the jungles of India. " Carefully she held up the dagger in it's sheath, a black leather case with gold snaps and gold stitching with various norse runes adorning it for Eris to see.

Unclipping the the snaps she withdrew the dagger and held it up in the light, turning it this way and that to show off the clear blade and the bleached bone handle, pleased as ever with it's craftsmanship. When she thought the other had seen enough, she clipped it back into it's sheath and held it out as an offering to the inky woman. " I am more then capable of taking lives and fighting for the greater cause, and it would give me no greater pleasure to strike enemies of Salsola down, I strive to keep my family safe from any and all threats. " She said solemnly, her blue eyes focused on the hybrid and completely serious.

Glancing at her slave, she nodded and he came to where she stood, eyes still pointed to the ground as a slaves should be. He knelt onto his knees and she also lowered herself, and then she met the brilliant yellowy-lime gaze of her prospective leader. " I, Alessandra Von Sin pledge the loyalty of me and my slave to you and the family of Salsola, I will bring down enemies that seek to harm the pack and those within with a mighty fist, and I will heal and comfort those who have been injured fighting for the greater good. " She affirmed the womans question of her loyalty with a pledge of her own.[/html]
[html]

(595)

Draugr is by me!

Draugr's eyes were drawn to the dagger, and she saw the markings along its sheath. They were familiar in the same way the word was -- a way she could not fully place, and the urge to inquire upon them was almost too great for the youth to suppress, until she looked toward her Auxiliary. The dark-shaded woman, too, was leaning forward with interest, appraising the dagger with those fire-bright eyes of hers. Draugr did not know what a panther was or what India was, but Eris did not ask, and so the drab woman did not get to learn these things. This was a mild disappointment, as she incorrectly assumed India had something to do with the markings, which greatly interested her.

The dark hybrid stepped forward to take the dagger, inspecting it upon closer proximity. She ran a hand over the leather encasing and Draugr longed to do the same, her fingers practically itching with this urge, but she dared not reach for it, only pray the sable hybrid handed it to her as she had been instructed to take the sheep. Perhaps Draugr could offer this time rather than being instructed? Yes, she decided, gleeful at the prospect of holding such an item. Her lavender eyes refocused on the stranger as the woman again spoke, but they were quick to return to the dagger now and again, stealing envious glances toward the item whenever she dared.

The dark woman's smile was unreadable to the Bambino, who assumed it might be the same for Alessandra. It was a murky sort of smile, one that appeared and disappeared on the woman's lips, only to reappear a moment later, more faintly this time. Salsola's good is the best kind of good, she said, almost as a rhetorical sort of musing. Draugr nodded eagerly, though she still did not speak, and glanced toward Alessandra again, for she thought this was a good sign on the Auxiliary's part.

Rise as an Associate of Salsola, the dark hybrid said, this speech clearly for Alessandra's ears alone. The slave would remain a slave, Draugr knew. Such was the place of those who were enslaved -- perhaps he would even wear the ring, though if he kept the skull on, maybe it was not necessary. Draugr did not know what to think about this, and she was eager to hear Eris's words on the subject, though this time she might not be so lucky as to spend extra time with the Auxiliary and her new charge. Eager and pale eyes looked toward Alessandra, but Draugr stepped closer to the dark woman, murmuring to her.

I'll carry the dagger, if you want, Miss Eris, she offered.

That isn't necessary, the woman cooed, a little too patronizingly for Draugr's taste, though she supposed she was still a child in the eyes of Salsola's laws. This is a gift I will keep for myself. Draugr nodded, trying desperately to conceal her misery, and tried a smile on her dark-furred muzzle. The dark hybrid paid no further mind to Dra and instead turned toward the Associate, her chartreuse-hued eyes gleaming. Will you accompany me to our supper hall? We have much to discuss, and you have much to learn. Your slave can take your horse to the stables, if Draugr would be so kind as to lead them there -- if that is what you wish, the dark woman suggested, shrugging. It was no consequence to her where the horse was stabled.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a new member of the pack, you're ranked as an Associate. We strongly encourage you to read over the Associates page of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the Borgatas Colotl or Coatl after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside these two areas are free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
<style>@import url('http://soulsrpg.com/salsola/style/maintenance.css');</style>[/html]