Softly as she goes
2nd May

Her journey had been long, exhausting and ultimately draining. To find what she had done at its end also had contributed to her tiredness. She had traveled to what used to be her home, her old pack only to discover it had been abandoned. The scent already fading from the border markers that were unmaintained. It had been with a quiet sorrow that she had penetrated deep into old territory only to find that not everyone had abandoned it. Kiara and her children still remained. She had been heartened to see the small family flourishing even with the dissolution of the pack structure from around her and had offered to catch something for Kiara.

It was late into the night when she finally crossed Cercatori's borders. Once she had done the knot of tension sitting in her stomach loosened partially and she breathed a sigh of relief. The mainly familiar surrounded her, and she relaxed slightly. The secui bound woman loped quickly and quietly, pushing her way through the undergrowth until she reached the human made Thornberry. She paused outside of her door and gave a few minutes over to shifting into her optime form, secui was better for traveling in, it could move her faster through Nova Scotia's terrain.

Silently she sidled through her quiet house, the children were contained within their own room. Her and Temo's bedroom door squeaked ever so slightly and she winced, freezing and listening for any noises indicating she had woken someone. When none came, she shut it, thankfully it didn't make any more noise. She knew he was awake, his breathing was too quick and shallow. The woman unbuckled her thigh sheaths and placed them safely away where inquisitive children couldn't get to them and then sunk down into the bed besides Temo, curling into his body warmth,
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +333

It had been a quiet few days while Jace was gone on her exploratory journey to what was once what they had called home. During her time gone Temo had stayed home and worked on a few things that needed some fixing. As the time passed, there were thoughts and memories of some of the happenings that had occurred while they were there. Some were sad memories, but most of them were happy memories and he was glad of that. He knew the reasons why they left and could not argue the logic behind them but it also saddened him that they had to. He hoped that the friends that they left were still doing ok in their en devours.

Whenever Jace goes off on one of her forays, Temo is always concerned for her. He knew that she could take care of herself, however there had been times that she could not and there was always a small part of him that felt bad for him not being there in her times of need. And whenever she was off somewhere, he always worried that this would be another one of those times and that she might not survive.

Temo was in the bed, alone because Jace was gone on her journey. He was laying there quiet not being able to easily fall asleep as the worry that he had for her wove it's dance behind his eyes. It was in that quiet of the night that his ears rotated and picked up the subtle sounds of someone entering their house and padded their way to the bedroom. He could tell that it was his mate and mother to his children that had finally come back to him, their children and her home. And it was with a quiet sigh if relief that he waited for her to join him and when she did, his arm wrapped around her and drew her close to him and whispered into her ear Welcome home my love.

Template by Alex, Image courtesy of drdavis586@flickr

<style>
.TEVD { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u7oQe.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#804d11; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000}
.TEVD b {color:#422e12; }
.TEVD p { color:#c68a37; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.TEVD p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#c68a37}
.TEVD .wc {color:#c68a37; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #c68a37;}
.TEVD .ooc {color:#c68a37; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
blagh this post is useless
3+

The she wolf sighed and it was part contentment and part frustration at the way her journey had gone. She made herself comfortable in his arms, her mouth pulling into a frown despite his love. If she could get the bad conversation out of the way first then she could rest. But if she left it until morning then she could save him a night of thought and probable upset. In the end it was her own hatred of being lied to that decided her answer,

"I have bad news." She hesitated for the slightest of seconds and finally revealed her news with a sad sigh, "Ichika disbanded and most of them are gone. I found Kiara alone with her kids but that was it. Nobody else came to my call." Jace was not one to beat around the bush most of the time. She stared at the ceiling rather than look at his face, the assumption would run in him as it did in her too. They had destroyed Ichika with their leaving, a pack that started out so strong slowly dwindled away to the barest of members only to have its protector and craftsman leave along with their entire future, the children. She still blamed X'yrin for Ichika's fall and she always would, the selfish nomad had brought about its demise with her actions as surely as slitting its throat with her claws.

She wished she could have persuaded Kiara to leave the fading territory too and join them in Cercatori, she disliked the idea of the young female on her own with her children. Nobody to keep her safe and protected, nobody to help her hunt, it sent a cold shiver up her spine it did. She sniffed quietly, silent now her piece had been said,
[html]

OOC not as useless as my useless posts.

Word Count :: +228

The news that she had brought home with her was indeed bad news. His ears folded back onto his skull, but not in anger, only in the sadness that he was feeling after the news about Itchika disbanding. Memories from their previous home paraded around in his head and pushed him deeper into his sorrow. It was where their children were born, and, those that did not survive, buried.

It was not long before his thoughts turned to the possible whys of the old pack disbanding. He did not know it, but his thoughts mirrored Jace's thoughts on this subject. Foremost in those thoughts was it was their fault. That their leaving somehow precipitated the fall of Ichika. After all, between him, jace, and the pups, that was six members that left, and sometimes that could be the breaking point that causes a pack to disintegrate.

The thoughts of others that were in the pack brought his thoughts to the one Jace had mentioned. It was Kiara and her pups that turned his thoughts into concern. Now that she no longer had a pack surrounding her to keep her and her family safe. It saddens me to hear that Ichika is no longer, his voice was quiet in the dark, Kiara and her family did not return with you? he continued with a quiet voice after a moments thought.

Template by Alex, Image courtesy of drdavis586@flickr

<style>
.TEVD { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u7oQe.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#804d11; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000}
.TEVD b {color:#422e12; }
.TEVD p { color:#c68a37; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.TEVD p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#c68a37}
.TEVD .wc {color:#c68a37; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #c68a37;}
.TEVD .ooc {color:#c68a37; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Her concern was great and her fur prickled uneasily because of it, a line of discontent that traveled down her spine. But she could understand Kiara's decision for she was a mother herself. When her young ones had been born she had not wanted to leave them even for a moment nor move them from where they had been birthed, not even to a different room of the house so she could hardly imagine moving them several days walk away, it was unfathomable. Temo might not understand this logic because he was male and males were different, they did not have the same instincts as a female, they had their whole own set.

"No. She chose to stay there. She didn't want to move with them so small and young." There was also that Kiara probably felt she was safe where she was so she was unlikely to come with Jace and travel through dangerous territory to get to a place she didn't know of or how secure it was, Jace didn't blame her. She blinked as light suddenly flooded in. The moon had revealed itself from behind black clouds, its presence was comforting like Temo's was. The arctic wolves had always worshiped the moon for as long as Jace could remember back into her pack's history passed down through the stories that the elders had told.

"She said one of the New Dawn people was bringing her food to help."
[html]

| +212

There was a few quiet moments while Temo thought about the whys that Kiara's reasons for staying. There were reasons for her to move and reasons for her to stay, but he also had a feeling that her mothering instincts would rule over logic when it came to the welfare of her pups. The mothering instincts was something that he was aware of, even if he did not fully understand it.

Temo was keeping his voice low and quiet so as not to disturb Jace trying to relax after her journey, I am not that surprised that she was not willing to return with you. But is good that she has a friend to help her now that Ichika is gone. His thoughts rolled around his head for a moment, She is strong and I am sure she will be ok and do just fine. Could always go check on her again in the future,

With his arms already around her form as they laid next to each other, Temo pulled her in tight to his body and nuzzled her. As he cuddled up to Jace, he whispered into her ear, I am glad you arrived home safe and I love you. Now that she was home, he could stop worrying about her.

Temo Wolfe

<style>
.papa .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.papa-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; color:#151515; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.papa p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.papa b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.papa {background-color:#084F59; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... fcf3-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.papa-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.papa .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Sorry this post sucks

"Yeah I could do. I'll take Dalgina with me, she'll like that, she misses Kiara." The ice queen shifted uneasily against her partner, too much adrenalin ran through her veins for her to settle down at the moment. She moved restlessly and with frustration, unable to stay still. Even though she was laid down her tan tipped ears were still pulled against her head such was the weight of worry upon her ashen shoulders. She let silence fall though in hopes that it could lull her into slumber, she should feel tired enough to fall asleep but she didn't.

With a final irritated sigh she broke the embrace that she desperately wanted to stay in and swung her legs to the floor. Darker paws grasped her white face, it seemed there was a never ending stream of bitterness and discontent always to darken their lives, friends and family lost, oaths broken and people betrayed, it was almost enough to suck her under with the depressiveness of it all. It was times like these when she just wanted to run, it helped her think better to focus her energy onto something constructive, she stood and turned back to her mate,

"I want to go for a run, do you want to come? I can't stand laying there feeling all twisted up."
[html]

not as sucky as mine. | +209

Yes, both Dalgina and Kiara would like to see each other again. Temo agreed with Jace about her suggestion to include their daughter in the trip if she goes to visit again in the future. Who knows, maybe he would tag along to help make sure Kiara and her pups are ok and for a change of scenery.

Temo's ears rotated and partially flattened and then back up as he worried over Jace and her mood as he could tell she was restless by the way she moved and he could feel the frustration in her muscles and his thoughts rolled through his head as he wondered what it was that was making her worried about something and restless.

He was saddened when she broke the embrace and sat up, but he could feel that something was troubling her at the moment. Temo moved his legs over the side of the bed and sat up next to Jace, no longer able to sleep, knowing that she was sleepless and troubled, Yes, I'll go for a run with you. It will do us both a bit of good to get some hard exercise. he answered her question. It had been a while since he had gone for a good hard run.

Image courtesy of randompointoflife@Flickr

<style type="text/css">
.TS-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0000A0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.TS-01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.TS-01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.TS-01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c1d4e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VK3sr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0000A0; padding: 10px 0px 290px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#357EC7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
<style></style>[/html]
The hybrid's bones and muscles were already shifting, her form contorting into an unnatural shape as it decreased in size. Limbs shortened and became less flexible, fingers receded into toes and her spine curved. The woman dropped onto her hands as the length of her legs was dissolved back to where it came from, her secui form was also small but incredibly powerful. She shook out her fur roughly, feeling the tingling in her extremities, the sudden wild urge to hunt thrumming through her. She was just like everybody else, she wanted to forget her problems and her pains in whichever way she could. Some memories couldn't be destroyed but they could be hidden away for a short while.

She waited for him, to see if he would be joining her in a four legged pose or stay on two legs. He decided the latter, two legs it was. And she silently approved of his choice even though he didn't yet know they were going hunting. So she told him,

"I want to go hunt too. I'm hungry." She didn't want the food they had smoked either, sometimes only living flesh and warm fresh blood could satisfy the hunger.
[html]

| +203

It had been a long time since Temo had done any running for running's sake. It had been so long now that he almost had forgotten what it was like. With some popping of his joints, he stretched his muscles in preparation of the up and comming run and even that felt good in it's own small way.

When he noticed that Jace had changed into her secui form and pondered if he should change his decision and change too. He thought back and could not remember the last time he had used his secui form. It seemed he stayed in his optime all the time and occasionally used his lupus form. It was the look of what appeared to be approval in her eyes as she looked at him that kept him from changing his mind about not changing.

He thought it was funny as up until now he was not hungry, but the mere mention of hunting from Jace caused his stomach to suddenly react with a growl. With a smirk that quickly formed on his lips, That is good, he said glancing down at his stomach, it seems that I am now hungry too. he finished with a quiet chuckle.

Temo Wolfe

<style>
.papa .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.papa-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family: papyrus, sans-serif; color:#151515; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.papa p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.papa b {color:#151515; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.papa {background-color:#084F59; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... fcf3-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.papa-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.papa .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
blagh, filler post

She grinned at his small joke, it was one of the things she liked about him, also his silly puns that were apparently hilarious. She simply smiled a exasperated wife smile and shook her head at his antics. They had been together for far too long and been through too much, facing seemingly impossible odds to survive to their current life for small little things like this to bother at all, in fact she considered it a quirk of their relationship, an uniquely intimate detail that belonged to them and them alone.

She offered a pointed look towards the door to the outside and then back to him, she was unequipped to both open and shut it now. She looked at him with raised eyebrows and an amused but fond smile with her head tilted slightly to the side.
[html]

sucky suck suck post. | +205

She had not laughed at his light hearted attempt at humor, but she did smile which was enough for him. He did not really expect her to actually laugh at his joke because the joke was primarily to drive out the dark thoughts and brighten their mood before they went out. Humor was good medicine for the soul, well, at least that was what he thought. The funny thing was that even though he tries to use humor to help others, he rarely used it on himself when his mood was dark.

It was her pointed look that she made to the door and then back to him that brought a memory to the forefront of his thoughts. An older memory of something he had read in a book in his younger days. The humans called it chivalry, the art of males being courteous to females and putting flair in those actions. He looked back at her with a bit of a smile to his lips for a heart beat and then taking a few steps, he moved over to the door and opened it. With a slight bow, he said to her My Lady. and waited for her to proceed out the door.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb b {font-weight:bold; color:#1155aa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c6d5e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iInBB.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#556688; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
This time she did laugh, her dank spirits bolstered by his antics, he was such a fool but he was her fool. She kicked up her legs with a mocking proud prance, her tail held high in the air behind her, curling like it only did when she was happy.

"Thank You, kind Sir.!" She put a lot of emphasis on the thank you, injecting her voice with lots of pretentiousness. She had cut down lords before, they were very unpleasant when the woman they had decided to tangle with rejected them, more than a few times she had found herself fighting an assassin or hired muscle from some rejected male. The night air was just as cool as it had been when she had gotten in earlier, but the biting wind had died down and now the trees were still mostly, rustling now and again int he gentle breeze.

Thornberry was asleep, its various inhabitants tucked away for the night or those who were awake stayed away out of a respect for their sleeping brethren. She turned about and waited for him as she closed the door and said in a hushed whisper,

"Earlier on my way in i spotted a small herd near the northern borders, they might be the best bet."
[html]

| + 201

Temo Wolfe

It was hearing her laugh and seeing the smile on her muzzle that brought a smile to his lips and brought out laughter from within himself. It was bringing a smile and laughter to her and her bringing a smile and laughter to him that made his life worthwhile. Having the children were a bonus, like having icing on your cake.

His eyes sparkled upon hearing her response as she made her exit out the door. It made him feel good to have her play along to some of his antics. He remained with his slight bow as she passed him on her way out the door at which time he straightened back up and exited shutting the door behind him making sure it was latched.

Dropping the fun and games in favor of the seriousness of the hunt, for a quick moment, he considered her information on where to go hunting and as he had not been out and about that day, it seemed fine to him. The cool night air filling him with energy, That sounds good, please lead the way he said to her, keeping his voice quiet so as not to disturb the town's denizens while they slept.

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi with minor editing by Temo

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://bloodmoonshowl.omgforum.net/user ... ar-t11.jpg); height:230px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
She did lead the way, a quick and silent arrow of grey and brown through the underbrush. Merging with the forest to almost disappear of not for the flare of her bright white tail and shining eyes that reflected back from the darkness when she turned to look at him and make sure he was following. The forest flashed by her, the shadows clinging to trees and the nightlife peeking at her as she slipped quietly on by. Roosting birds cooed to each other softly and night owls hooted loudly, mice and other rodents scuttled about in the grass but it was not them she was interested in.

Finally the woman stopped somewhere close to the borders and stood with her head and tail high, tasting the scents on the air. Her body language alive and alert as she waited for Temo to catch her up. He was slower in his optime than she was in secui and she had left him behind a little bit in her enthusiasm. She grinned at him wolfishly as he did catch up, her tongue lolling from her mouth.
[html]

OOC text here

Word Count :: +213

Temo watched Jace for the couple of moments it took her to run off and disappear into the darkness of the night. He smiled as he watched her lithe form in motion as she ran through the little bit of town before maneuvering around the bushes and into the forest. The moment he could no longer see her, he took off running to follow her. He knew he would not be able to keep up but he did his best to try as he darted through the town and into the woods, weaving around the trees following her spore.

He finally caught up to her when she had stopped to wait for him. He kept quiet not sure if they were near their prey yet or not. His tongue hanging out of his muzzle as he returned the smile while breathing hard as he expelled the excess heat produced form running and regained his breath. He also pondered why he had opted to stay in his optime form for the run as he would have been able to keep up better if he had shifted to a quadrupedal form of locomotion. He gave her a questioning look asking if they were near yet and if so, what her plans were for the hunt.

Template by Alex, Image courtesy of dragonpreneur@flickr

<style>
.TMVD { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZtgXk.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#d31a1a; width:300px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000}
.TMVD b {color:#530200; }
.TMVD p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.TMVD p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000}
.TMVD .wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000;}
.TMVD .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
</style>
[/html]
They were together in their hushed panting and Jace looked at him fondly out of the corner of her eye as she raised her head high. The Arctic woman sniffed about trying to find the trail of the deer she had seen earlier. She had startled the herd as she had loped past and they had bolted, she was trying to pick up their flight trail. Her tail wagged slightly in the air behind her, its tan tip blowing in the breeze that sprung up.

"They can't have gone far." Her voice was still a hushed whisper "I only ran past them not through them." She lowered her head and snuffled against the ground walking around in a few circles trying to single out the spoor of deer from the surrounding forest. In the sky the moon was high and gleamed brightly, it gave her hope. Suddenly she gave a little woof of excitement, she had found the trail she was looking for. She started forwards into the trees, pushing aside branches as she followed the trail slowly with Temo trailing behind her, he would follow her into the jaws of death itself if that was where she was to lead him.
[html]

| +217

The moon light shown on the forest and cast eery shadows over the ground where Jace and Temo now trod in the search for the herd. It was in those shadows that he now lingered as he watched Jace go over the ground looking for the herd's spore. His eyes shining in the light of the moon would have been the only thing that anyone or any thing would see with his dark fur blending well in the dark making him virtually disappear. He silently nodded agreement at her comments thinking that a reply was not really needed and would be best to keep noise down to a minimum.

As Jace circled around with her nose to the ground looking for where the deer had left the area when she had come through before, Temo was smelling the air to see if he could pick up their scent. His ears slowly swiveled in circles on top of his head sampling the night sounds to see if he could pick up any noise the herd might make. A slight smile showed on his muzzle as he saw Jace had found what she was looking for and headed off into the trees and Temo followed her through the forest stepping lightly so as not to make a sound.

<style type="text/css">
.Lovi-sdb .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Lovi-sdb {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c6d5e5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/iInBB.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #666666; padding: 10px 0px 295px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#556688; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
At one point the trail swung back on itself and Jace had to leap to the side as she twisted to avoid Temo falling over her. She sniggered as she did do, feeling in a playful mood now despite the sad news she has received and long trek she was recovering from. Soon he could hear stamps and snorts and muffled bellows of stags, wary calling of does and the soft bleating of newborn calves. What they were searching for was nearby.

She slunk low to the ground gracefully, almost like a stalking cat would and inched forwards almost on her belly, all but crawling through the undergrowth. Scaring them now would do them no good, and only leave them with a longer chase or empty bellies for this night.
[html]

| +213

Jace was very quiet in her tracking as they followed the spore through the woods as was Temo while he followed her. He almost tripped over her when she materialized from the brush but their quick actions prevented a noisy catastrophe from happening and scaring away their intended prey and future dinner. It was a good thing because the noises that the herd was producing seemed close and any noises from jace or him would have definitely caused them to stampede and the bellies of the two luperci to remain empty.

As if they were mentally linked, Temo faded into the shadows as Jace hunkered down and started crawling on her belly heading towards the deer. He silently slid through the shadows, finding holes in the branches and bushes that allowed his larger and upright frame to proceed to the goal that was before them. Each step he took placed carefully as he felt for twigs that could snap from his weight or rocks that could throw him off balance. It was not long before he could see the dark shadows of the individual deer in the filtered moon light. Crouched behind some leafed out branches that would not impede his rush, he waited for Jace to get into place and ready.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]