Where did I go wrong?
[html]
Remnants of blood still clung to his muzzle, smeared across his face from a desperate attempt to wash it all away. He'd rubbed his own nose bloody and raw trying to get it off of him, but the lack of water made it an impossible task. Conri had been running every since, running away from his home and the woman that he had so dearly loved. He couldn't go back, never go back, because he was a monster now, the very thing that he had vowed to protect them all from. In a daze of anger and pain Conri had turned into his father, had done the very same thing that he had hated the man for, and now he was running from his family and his home to protect them all from himself.

The young male trembled as he ran, his whole body quaking, and before long he stumbled and fell to the dirt. Instead of picking himself up to try and keep going, the shifted male rolled to his side, bringing his knees up to his chest and curling his head down against them, sobbing in to his arm.

[/html]
A scent of blood came to the pale mother, and she stirred in her sleep. Deuce sat up, realizing the scent was real, not a dream remnant. She stretched. She'd shifted down to her halfling form some time the night before, and was still in the massive, powerful form. She shook her body, shaking the last remnants of sleep from her mind.

Large paws made their way to where the smell of blood was coming from. Closer to the scent, the sound of weeping met the mother's ears, and she frowned, picking up the pace. Clearing the brush, she was met with the sight of a blood covered Conri, sobbing into his arm.

"Conri? What's wrong?!" She moved closer, nudging the boy with her muzzle worriedly. "Is everything okay?!" With a jolt she realized the blood wasn't his; it was naniko's. "What happened, Conri?"
[html]
The cackle of laughter had taken over his head, drowning out the sounds around him and the sounds of his own sobs. It wasn't until the voice spoke, driving away the laughter, that Conri even realized that someone was there. It was familiar voice, something he could recall mostly from his childhood, and then her scent hit him. She touched him, nudged him, and Conri jumped, sitting up almost immediately. He was panicked, hysterical, and he reached one bloody hand out to her, to show her. "Nani..Nani.." The name came out, repeated, in a hoarse whine.

He could feel the blood on his hand and face, like it was still warm and running everywhere. He just wanted it to go away, wanted to get it off. "Get it off Deuce.." He begged her, jerking his hand away to begin wiping frantically at his muzzle, digging with his claws, trying to scratch away the blood. "Please..please!" And he sobbed, grabbing violently at his nose until his arm dropped to the ground in defeat, leaning forward and sobbing more. "I didn't mean to hurt her.."

[/html]
He whined Nani's name. For a moment, Deuce wondered if he was mistaking her for his mate. And then she realized he was confirming her concerns. She whined, forcing her body into a quick shift. The quick shifting hurt, stretching her broken ribs, making her whine. but she needed her hands to use the things in her pack. "Get it off Deuce.."

She tried to grab for his hands as he attempted to scratch off the blood. "Let me help, Conri. Calm down. Tell me what's happened."

And then he did, sort of. Enough to make her wonder. Naniko had already had one miscarriage. had they argued, causing her to miscarry again? She'd heard through the grapevine that the white leader was pregnant again. Perhaps Deuce's fears were correct. "Conri, you need to calm down."

She poured ome bottled water onto a cloth she carried, trying to wipe off some of the blood. Calm down, Conri, and tell me what happened. I'm here for you." At least, she would be until she found out what happened.
[html]
The voice screamed and laughed and taunted him and he wanted so badly to scratch it out of his head. He wanted to smash it out of his head with a rock or anything that he could get his hands on. Her voice was drowned out by the taunting, the screams and laughs, until the moment the bottle of water came in to his vision. He eyed it a moment, shuffling forward across the ground on his knees quickly, holding his hand out to her. He wanted her to make it go away so badly, pleaded with his eyes to her.

"I hurt her.." He whispered, whining and sobbing. "I hit her and hit her and hit her.." Though his voice grew as he continued, teeth clenching tight, ignoring the fact that he had hold of his tongue, which was quickly enveloped in a veil of dark blood. He let it go though, opening his mouth to speak once more. "She let them fuck her. How could she?!" He was almost screeching, fighting to hold back the rage that wished to brim over. "The whore!" But his anger turned quickly back to sobs, lost in the confusion of his emotions, anger and hurt and sadness all rolled up in to one. "How could she left Lucifer do that?" He sobbed, despite knowing that Deuce wouldn't have an answer. "..and Kansas..why Deuce?"

[/html]
She took his hand into her own, scrubbing at the dried blood with the cloth. She continued to clean them, even as he revealed what had happened. So Naniko had slept with Lucifer and Kansas? At the same time. That was interesting. The anger she felt at lucifer flared up. He couldn't settle for cheating on his mate, he had to make other mates cheat too. For a moment, she sympathised with her former step son.

And then his first words sank in, and made her blood run cold. You hit Naniko? I understand you were angry, but Conri, that was a horrible thing to do. Is she okay? She continued to scrub at the blood on his hand. Should have been lucifer he hit, she thought sourly. I bet Lucifer had everything to do with it, and naniko was an innocent bystander.
[html]
Even as he sobbed, inching himself closer to Deuce, he held his hand still for her. He wanted the blood off, didn't want to see it any more and, had he been able to see the blood smeared on his face, he would have freaked out even worse. Ears slicked back against his head, which he held low, eyes clenched tightly shut to force the tears out as they came. "I..I don't know!" He whined to her, sobbing and practically babbling. "I found someone to check on her and I just ran..just ran and ran and ran.."

He was a coward and he knew it, even if he only had the best intentions by running away. "I couldn't stay..." His words were quiet then, as if some beast might wake up at any second if he were to loud. "I didn't want to hurt anyone else.." It was far to late for that though. He had already hurt the one that he cared for most. "I think I..I think.." I think I raped her. "I hurt her more than that.."

[/html]
Tears tightened her throat as she finished cleaning the blood off his hand. She poured more water on the cloth, then began wiping his face. She didn't look him in the eyes, her mind whirling. Though she didn't intend to, her voice came out flat when she next spoke. You raped her. It was quite the logical -and correct- assumption. This much blood covering him couldn't have come from him just hitting Naniko.

And then Deuce's anger broke through. How could you, Conri?! After knowing what your father did to your mother, how could you commit the same crime on you mate?! You and Luicfer exiled me for supposedly commiting rape on Jasper, but you rape naniko? How could you betray her and your pack like that? What in the Hell were you thinking?!

She didn't mean to sound so accusatory; it just happened. She wanted to be there for her quasi-stepson, but it was hard, knowing what he'd put naniko through.
[html]
Her reaction was almost expected but, in a small way, it surprised him. He knew about Lucifer and Dierdre, what had happened there, and that Deuce had taken Lucifer as her mate anyways. Had everything not been swimming in his head those few moments, he might have even brought it up. Instead, he pulled his arm in to clutching his stomach, leaning over as if he might be sick right then and there. His face his the ground, away from the hands that tried to clean it, and he sobbed into the dirt, shaking his head now and then.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" But no matter how much he tried to say it or tell himself, it had all been him, whether or not he could remember it. "I don't remember it.." His voice was a mixture of sobs and whines, pathetic and quiet each and every time he spoke. It was the truth though. He didn't remember it. Didn't realize it until it was already over. The scene that he had found himself in had been enough for him to realize what had happened. He braced his hand against the ground then, lifting his upper half until the point that his head was up and he was staring up at Deuce, kneeling in front of her. "Please kill me..kill me. I don't want to hurt anyone else.." It was a desperate cry.

[/html]
it wasn't me. I don't remember it. The same things Lucifer had said about Dierdre. "Please kill me..kill me. I don't want to hurt anyone else.." Her eyes softened at the sobbing boy, and she pulled him close, rather than pushing him away, comforting him as she once did when he was a younger pup. Shhhhhh. It will be okay, Conri.

She continued to use the washcloth to clean his fur. You won't hurt anyone else, Conri. Stay with me, I'll watch over you. It was all she could offer to help heal his hurts. Deep down inside, Deuce longed to fix everyone who was broken, in hopes that maybe someday, she'd fix herself. And later she would go see naniko, and make certain she was okay.