we're all just saints and sinners
[html]

out of character
___ saviors and saints

___ and we bringing some npc babies, sa approved - Merrick Lykoi, Demitrii Lykoi, and Abaddon Nothing :3

in character
___ devils and demons

___
The young mother had slowly led her young brood away from their father and towards her homeland, hoping that Kaena had returned. The only things she missed about Inferni were Gabriel, Samael, and her beloved mother. The rest were just specks on her memory. Sighing softly, she led her golden eyes narrow in a brief bout of anger towards the only girl, a spunky blend of her own beloved mate and her mother's golden eyes. "Merrick! You leave that boy alone!" A hissing pup's growl was the response, but the order was followed without a scuffle. Ahemait nudged the younger boy, named for his father, along, letting the two older pups fight over who would lead the way.

What she found was a great division of anger, hurt and scorched lands screamed their injustices, and Ahemait curiously spent the next few days leading her three little cubs towards someplace suitable. Their 'scout' of sorts had left her scent all over the place, but what caught her attention most was the smell of her brother Gabriel. Grinning - and looking far too much like Kaena in the process - Ahemait tipped her head back, howling to bring a piece of Inferni her way. "You all must behave." was the only instruction she gave her offspring, knowing by this point they knew better than to disobey.

[/html]
[html]

!@#$%Even before the call had fully registered, he was on his feet and moving forward at an easy lope. His big paws struck the ground rhythmically and his gaze was focused straight ahead. The call had been feminine and distinctly coyote, and he pondered this a bit before he caught sight of them up ahead. Three puppies and a mother. Almost undoubtedly they were seeking refuge here--and subconsciously he saw a hint of Samael in her and maybe Gabriel's eyes. Kaena's eyes. Intriguing.

!@#$%The wolfish male eased into a trot once he got close enough and dipped his head in greeting to both the older female and the trio of pups. He remained standing as he came to a halt, ears pressed forward and body generally elevated. "Anselm de le Poer," he stated firmly, his tone serious yet neutral. There was no point in beating around the bush--they might as well get down to introductions. His blood red eyes peered at the matron curiously, and then turned back to the puppies. They were welcome to introduce themselves, as well.
[/html]
[html]

out of character
___ saviors and saints

___

in character
___ devils and demons

___
A stranger coyote was quick to come to her and she bowed her head politely, golden eyes gleaming over his figure. He did not strike her as particularly familiar, and so when he offered her his name a brow did lift. To her knowledge, that line had been mostly wolf. "Ahemait Lykoi." She responded, her muzzle indicating each figure as she spoke their names, "These are my pups, Merrick and Demitrii Lykoi, and Abaddon Nothing. Their father Stygian will be joining us in the coming weeks, when he has settled his issues at home. His sister Dhalia should have already arrived with her message for Gabriel, my brother." It was nearly evident that she expected no issues with rejoining her home. She had spent her time away, learned things, changed in subtle manners - become a mother, a mate, a matriarch.

Her eyes drifted across the terrain, almost seeming sad. "What started the fire?" She would never again drift lazily across those beloved sands, her toes sinking playfully into the currents. Sure, there was plenty of sand and water here...but she had been born there, she had grown up there - it would never be the same.

[/html]
[html]

!@#$%Indeed, his wolf blood was significantly thicker than his coyote blood, but that didn't mean he empathised with that side of his lineage. Early on in life, he'd been made painfully aware of his impure heritage, and now that he ran with Inferni, his fate was practically sealed. He'd forever be the outcast, crafted into one by the ignorance and arrogance of others and staying that way because of his own paranoia.

!@#$%At her name, he nodded. The golden hybrid took his duties to Inferni seriously, which in this case meant he'd already found Dhalia wondering around awhile ago (and had since noticed she'd joined the pack--although he hadn't seen her since their initial meeting, he knew her scent had mingled with Gabriel's and that it was now found inside their borders). Obviously, he recognised the "Lykoi" title like one might recognise a fire on a lake. It stuck out.

!@#$%"Yeah, Dhalia's here," he stated evenly, as the gears continued to spin away in his head. He glanced over to the pups (which were being incredibly well behaved) and made sure to remember their names, too, as well as that of her mate. Also, she established her exact relation to Gabriel: a sibling. Probably Samael's litter, for she looked more coyote than Gabe ever would. He was about to point out his relation to Gabriel when she asked about the fire.

!@#$%The fire? That all seemed so far in the past that it struck him as ridiculous to bring it up now. So much had changed since. "I'm not sure. I've lived in this region for awhile--when the fire happened over there and everybody migrated here, that's when I met up with Gabe (he's a distant cousin of mine)." He shrugged a bit--if she wanted to ask anybody about that, she'd be better off with the Aquila. "Anyway," he said, glancing to the pups again, frowning, "I take it you're here to stay? And if so, I must ask if you're aware of our... situation."
[/html]
[html]

out of character
___ saviors and saints

___ ugh, I hate trying to get back into characters! but I have missed Ahemait so!

in character
___ devils and demons

___
Well behaved her pups were indeed! Both Mother and Fathr had grown up in places insisting upon perfection, it had passed down straight into their blood. Merrick did take a second when she thought Ahemait's eyes would not play witness and nudged Demitrii, and nudged him hard. She grinned up at the older figure as he said her aunt had made it, her mind tossing words left and right but she knew better than to betray her mother's trust that they would behave. Such consequences that would befall them if she dared to try the Princess of Lust! "Good." Was the simple purr of a response to Dhalia's arrival, she trusted the younger Nothing had completed her task. "What a pity....I grew up there, up north...I left to find Stygian and well...we got a little caught up in our journey.." She said with a grin. The pups were nearly two months old, and she had forced them to stop traveling when she found out she was pregnant. So long, it seemed, that they had been gone.

She nodded as he implied they would be staying, it had been her desire to return home. However, she had no knowledge of anything going on, and her ears perked up as she listened curiously. "Yes, we're looking to stay....but what's the situation?" Already, in her head she had ideas of the wolves seeking them out, playing with fire as they always had. A little grin formed on her face, imagining that fairly soon, she'd taste blood once again, and what a pure delight that would be.

[/html]
[html]
Powerplay, let me know if you want me to change it. :x Also, I suppose you can add yourself to Inferni now? XD;;

!@#$%In one way, Haku had defeated some part of him. That image was burned into his brain, and Anselm normally didn't grant others so much control over his own thoughts. Still, the poor mother strung up, her child lynched... for a fleeting instant he was struck by how similar the deceased female was to Gabriel's sister. Both were young mothers, and Ahemait's children were about the same age as the puppy Haku had killed. His gaze was solemn as he glanced to her and then jerked his head to the side, suggesting that they walk. Perhaps the children could run ahead and get distracted by themselves, since he wasn't sure how much of this really young puppies needed to hear.

!@#$%"Why don't we head towards the caves, then, and you can all find a den for yourselves," he suggested, as he pointed himself in the direction of Inferni's centre. Perhaps it was a big assumption to think she'd stick around even after she heard the news, but if he knew anything about Gabriel's family, he knew they were die hard loyalists. Talitha had come back, scrambling for the heat of the kitchen despite her young age. At least this way, he could show them around a bit while they talked. Also, it was obvious that she was welcome here--he assumed Gabriel trusted his judgement enough to make him the Praetorian, and that he would never turn his own sister away.
!@#$%As they began their ascent up the hill, he turned his attention back to the petite woman. "There's a pack to the west of here called Dahlia de Mai," he began. "They've apparently taken it upon themselves to find trouble with us." His voice lowered significantly: "They hung a puppy as young as yours, and tore the mother apart and strung her up for the world to see." He glanced around a bit, then sighed. "I have a feeling that something else is up, but I haven't quite figured out what yet." Talitha. Talitha was missing, but he didn't realise it yet. He more or less assumed Gabriel to have her covered--he didn't know that she'd been taken hostage.
[/html]
[html]

out of character
___ saviors and saints

___ u

in character
___ devils and demons

___
She nodded her head, giving the children a once over before she spoke. "Stay out of the water, and stay close together. Go on ahead of us and see if you can't find a den you all agree on - remember, if it smells like someone else, leave it alone." Simple commands, ones that the children had grown up listening too. She was fine with letting her children roam Inferni as she had done so long ago, sure, the location was different, but somethings just never changed. They looked like Lykoi's, and their Nothing blood made them strong and quick witted. That little touch of Insanity didn't help much either, but Ahemait was only half convinced it really existed. She was normal enough, wasn't she?

She listened to him speak, and felt the hairs along her spine begin to stand up. Part of her wanted to rush forward, and guard her children so they never experienced the type of attack she had barely survived as a child. Skoll still ran rampant through her memories as the worst of the worst, and to hear that someone had taken it upon themselves to attack not only a puppy but its own mother as well was horrible. A low, soft growl escaped her maw and her golden eyes gleamed and she shook her head, eyes locking on Anselm's. "They always bring their wars to us. Somehow, they expect that one day they will drive us out. Generations upon generations later, they have yet to achieve their goal but still they try and try." he knew this as much as she did, no doubt. "There are a very few that would sympathize with us, Fatin Kali of Jaded Shadows would have......but I doubt those packs survived." how was she to know that Fatin had run off, taking Gabriel's son with her to protect him from the war? "You know I will fight as much as I can, but my children come first. When Stygian arrives, he will take up what roles I cannot." A fighting family, it was in their blood. "One day, they'll be forced to change their ways, even if it's only because there are none of them left to fight."

[/html]
[html]

!@#$%Anselm had caused his parents plenty of grief growing up. It was his father that always stuck up for him, though--and it was this powerful man that he subconsciously emulated. After all, many behaviours were learned... he could thank Carcharoth for his healthy helping of quick thinking, mild dose of insanity, and intense desire to always be in control. Carcharoth was one of the few members of that pack Anselm took seriously at all, although of course that was only when the patron was present. Otherwise, he felt free to stir up trouble with the other families and children. Screw 'em.

!@#$%Ahemait's kids were different. Once again, things seemed to be run differently around these parts. Then again, there were still the same cycles of prejudice--he had no idea that she had been attacked as a child. Still, her sentiments towards the situation seemed to line up with what he had perceived--this was a long time dispute. Only in feuds such as these would enemies attack those that had done no personal harm. He knew that whoever Haku had killed had done nothing. Unfortunately, he had a hunch that the wolf he'd killed in retaliation was innocent, too.
!@#$%He hadn't heard Fatin's name, nor of any particular sympathisers before, but he nodded. "Well, there are five wolf packs around here now. I'm not under the impression that any of them stayed true to their original organisation when they came here--Inferni was the main exception. A couple have already disbanded, too, but now another two have cropped up. I think we're established as neutral with Twilight Vale to the south for now, and I've never had any trouble with anybody from Shadowed Sun to the east. Those two are the older ones." She would probably like this information, he figured. "Esper Hollow is southwest. They seem strange, but I'm pretty sure they're not looking for trouble. I .. haven't gotten to scout out the pack to the southeast yet." Either way, the thought of her mate showing up was good news--he trusted that she'd protect her kids, but he also knew Inferni as a whole had a duty to protect all of them. They'd already failed once during this war, and he was determined not to let it happen again.
[/html]
[html]

out of character
___ saviors and saints

___ i love love love your avatar aaaaand. this looks like a good place to end?

in character
___ devils and demons

___
She absorbed his information, making note of the relevant numbers and names as they came to her. It was important that she earned her keep here, now that she was an adult and had her own children's places to secure. "After we've settled, I'll go check out the other pack for you." She said with an effortless roll of her shoulder, meaning that to her, it was no big deal. It would use her old talents, her body and those vicious, viscous eyes. "Thank you greatly for allowing us to come home. And for the warning, of sorts." She hated to admit that she needed it, but it would make it all the more important to have her children stick around home for the first few days. Once Stygian came home though, things would change. With the Lykoi Queen home (She would take up that title, since Kaena was gone and there was no one better to do so) and the Nothing King (He had always had that title, since his father's passing) soon to arrive, Inferni would return to its power. With a smile small to the male at her side, she bowed her head, leaving to collect her children, who were prodding a small crab that had dared to stray from the seas.

[/html]