questionable existences in this earth
[html]<style type="text/css">
.nireetablechels strong {color:#ccbca3;}
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

Even as he spoke, Asa had been thinking much of what he was. She could only smile into his fur, relish in the feel of him nuzzling child-like into her fur. She opened her eyes, staring calmly down his back. I don’t know, she admitted softly, her hold on him growing slightly tighter for his own sake. I guess that makes me a fool, huh? But… she paused, pulling herself away from him, her hands tenderly grasping his shoulders as she sought his eyes. I don’t mind or care at all. Perhaps this had been her downfall in the past; such reckless trusting and insistence upon the good in everyone.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
It was hard to find words. Even after she spoke and left so many thoughts swimming in his head. Even as she looked into his eyes and seemingly held her fate in his hands, he could think of nothing. Nothing but two little words that often meant very little in life. "Thank you.." He whispered to her, simple words, but his eyes reflected much more meaning to them. Even in such a short period of time there was a million things that he could thank her for. Despite it all though, it did not quell the lingering thoughts, the strong fear that he might somehow bring harm to a complete stranger, someone who had done him so much by doing so little. His hand slid down her back, resting just above the start of her tail, jade eyes searching her face carefully.

[/html]
</style>
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4777/van2do8.png) #b09480 bottom no-repeat; color:#000; font:9pt georgia; line-height:1.1em; padding:2em; padding-bottom:6.0em; text-align:justify;">

She stared into his quiet, verdant eyes, filled with so much pain… and gratitude. He was glad that she was remaining here with him, choosing him over anyone else she could be with right now; instead, she’d chosen to hang with the rapist. He voiced what shone in his eyes, but she could only smile and nod vaguely in response, slightly aware that his gentle touch had shifted to the small of her back. His gaze seemed unsure, but Asa blinked at him lightly, hardly minding the touch that sent heated sparks along her spine. She pulled him closer again, burying her muzzle into the dip of his shoulder and neck, breathing in his heavy, earthy scent and smiling into reddened fur. It’ll all be okay, she whispered in quiet finality.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
There was an odd sort of silence between them, almost serene, and it lasted until the moment that she leaned back in to him, pulling him closer as well. He wanted so badly to believe her words but the doubt still lingered. The longer they touched though, the less he thought about it but the more nervous he grew. Fingers spread out slowly, pushing across flesh and through fur, and soon enough he was rubbing her back in a small circular motion. His head tipped down toward hers, muzzle pressed carefully against the small space beneath her ear, just at the start of her neck, and he nibbled idly at the fur there, only for a moment, forcing his muzzle away with a hesitant motion, leaving his head to rest lightly against hers.
[/html]
</style>

Much, if not all thought was thrown from her head, only able to concentrate on the small sensations coming from the circles he was making on her tawny back. His muzzle drifted somewhere at the base of her ear, his breath warm and the moist tickling of his lips sent an involuntary shiver down her body. She found herself groping the fur of his mane, but the hold loosened immediately as Conri hesitated. She suddenly felt sorry for such a rash move, and found herself gently sliding away from him, from his grasp. I’m sorry. Di-did you want to talk some more, Conri? I can take you to the Hollow… and we can… We can what? Start over from this point?

Despite herself, Asa was smiling, and her hands remained lightly placed around his neck. Come with me for tonight, Conri. I want to start helping you… even if that only means giving you a place to sleep tonight. She glanced at the sky; the clouds appearing more sinister now than they had an hour or so ago.

table by chels
[/html]
[html]
Frustration and confusion had an icy grip on him, one urging him on and the other holding him back. He wanted to lose himself in her scent and her touch and her warmth, but the fear of what might happen kept him from letting it go on. She moved away the very moment that he paused, split seconds before he would have returned to that small spot beneath her ear, and hazy eyes sought out her face, scolding himself in silence. "If..you want.." There was a faint reluctance in his voice, the quiet sound of disappointment, though the only one he was disappointed in was himself.

"Just for tonight." He agreed then, nodding faintly. If anything at all, he could wait until she was asleep and sneak out, just to make sure that she was safe. It was the very least that he could do for her after he being so kind to him.
[/html]