waiting to come home
She was waiting outside of Iskata's house. She'd had an idea talking to Asmodai, and she wanted to share it with her fellow leaders. It was a great idea, a wonderful idea. It had the potential to save lives. She wished Syemv had had something of the sort, rather than being persued through the woods by coyotes. But that was over and gone. Her idea could save lives here, though.

"Iskata?" Her vopice was loud enough the other woman could hear her if she was nearby, or in her house. The smell of the cattle was strong, but Deuce was unaffected by it. The smell of the cows didn't bother her at all. The fresh milk made her happy, actually. And some day she'd learn how to cook. Her ofrmer father-in-law had never gotten around to teaching her.
Iskata was inside the cottage cleaning out one of the extra rooms, discovering a world of cobwebs and dust when the voice rang out from the real world. She shook her head, trying to rid the dustbunnies from her pelt, her only reward was a sudden urge to sneeze as she went out to investigate. Fighting the sneeze for as long as she could the silver and gold lady had to finally give into the explosion as she reached the door. Shaking her head to clear her sense once more she finally caught sight of who it was who had been calling.

A smile lit her lips as she tried to brush her day's work from her fur as she moved toward's Deuce. "Deuce? What's wrong?" she asked as she walked down the steps and to where the lass with the bi-colored eyes was standing. Her own eyes moved to examine the cattle in the field across the way for a moment, convinced that everything was fine there she smiled once more at the Shaman and was rather curious why Deuce hadn't just come inside.
Deuce had peculiar notions about houses being off limits. She wouldn't deliberately venture into someone's den, so why would she venture into a house? There was no difference, really. She smiled as Iskata came outside, looking disheveled. What's wrong?

Nothing's wrong, Iskata. I just had an idea that I think is worth discussing. She sat down on the steps, leaning against the rail, her favorite perch at the matriarch's house. She patted the step next to her. I was thinking about Syemv while I was talking to Asmodai. And it occured to me that, since we live on the sea, it only makes sense to have an emergency escape planned. And who would be expecting boats? We could teach the pack how to build and pilot small boats, so if anything ever happened, we could escape over the water. Maybe Canoes or Kayacks, even, from halifax.

Her eyes were lit up with excitement, thinking of her plan.
Iskata relaxed a bit when her fellow council member informed her that everything was fine. The words that she excitedly spoke of made Iskata smile softly, yet her mind was crossing paths with the past, to the point of all the things that had happened in the past with the pack that had once lived upon the beach. Iskata nodded quietly as she moved over to join Deuce along the porch, her eyes scanning across the meadow as the white lady spoke of her plans and ideas for their pack.

When she'd finished Iskata was quiet a moment as she was thinking about all those they'd lost in the past, of what Inferni and Hollow had caused Syemv so long ago, and yet the past was not that distant either. She shook her head sadly at the memories and turned back to Deuce. "Do you really think we could?" she asked quietly, her mind lost on what there was out there that was so dangerous to them, though she knew exactly one clan out there begging for some fresh wolf blood. "I know how to man a boat, or atleast a raft.." she admitted. Few knew of her adventures with Faolin so long ago, the silly little notions they'd had of trying their hands at the human works and fashions.

She laughed sadly as she caught sight of Deuce's excitement, wishing that she could show the same. "Alright.. I'll talk to Hel and see what she thinks.. if she likes the idea we can bring it before the pack. I'm sure it would atleast bring everyone together and a bit closer.." She turned her head towards the dunes that resided in her own backyard, catching a small glimpse of the ocean from the edge of the porch. She wished that they didn't have to think of these things, but their pack needed them to think of their protection and she knew that, she just didn't want to think on it too much.