Razorblade Memories
[html]

She'd left before they'd gotten very far in their catching up, Skoll and Phoenix, that was. The raven lady had been a bit unsettled from the very moment the stranger had mentioned exile. It was easy to put together really, he'd suddenly realized that, what seemed like an old friend, had taken over, which meant that he might stand a chance making the place his home. Phasma, being the cautious creature she now was, didn't at all like the prospect of Phoenix making a sudden decision of that nature. Wasn't she supposed to trust him though? He was not only her Alpha but also a friend as well. What about Gibraltar though? Had she ever been given a reason not to trust him? Certainly not. The raven woman had hidden her thoughts and feelings just long enough to get out of there, now she wasn't even sure if he'd already been accepted or not, but she had to thinking.

Thinking was what she'd decided to do in the time of her travels, making the long journey between Storm and the very last place she thought she'd ever find herself, Inferni. The last time she'd been in the land of the coyotes was when Kaena had taken half of her ear as a keepsake and, quite honestly, she never intended to go back. How odd it was, in her mind, that she was now nearing their borders. Unshifted, the onyx lady was cautious as she approached, keeping herself a foot or so away from the markings that separated the coyote lands from neutral lands. She wouldn't make the same mistake of trespassing twice. Pacing in a short path back and forth, Phasma could only wait, knowing that one of the coyotes would soon pick up her scent.

[/html]
[html]
He had caught her scent above the snow, and trailed it to this place. It was not unfamiliar—he had known it from the day he had returned. Syemv still lived then, in the place where he now slept. The building was his war-prize, his symbol of power. It sat at ease with his scars. The one on his face, the most prominent, was the only one he hated. It was a fool’s mark, something he never should have gained. Of course, the man who had caused it now lay dead and buried, so it didn’t matter.

The woman on his border was pacing, almost nervously. Gabriel approached at a walk, four legs moving easily over the sand. Halting shortly before they came within an uncomfortable distance, he spoke. “Do you want something?”
[/html]
[html]

They were quick and surprising, she knew that from experience, so Phasma wasn't expecting it to take very long for them to pick up on her scent. What reason would any of them have to give her the information that she sought, though? Perhaps it would be courtesy due to the fact that they would now know the male was back, they could watch out for him if they felt the need to do so. Somehow, Phasma doubted that she could barter for the information if she really had to, but there was a slim chance that whoever it was wouldn't mind filling her in on what had happened so long ago.

Phasma didn't even pause at the sound of his steps, she only looked over to see who was coming as she continued her nervous pace. It wasn't until he stopped that she did the same, slowing her paws and finally bringing them to a halt, turning to face the male. She easily recognized him, even if just his scent, as one of the older coyotes of the bunch. They were getting younger and younger each time she saw them. "Skoll." She stated firmly, not wishing to play games or beat around the bush. "I came here to get another side of the story about whatever it was that happened between him and Inferni. He's come back to Storm and he realized that power had changed there, Phoenix has offered to let him stay despite the fact that he was exiled before." And it was quite obvious that she was rather uneasy about the whole thing.

[/html]
[html]
He would not have cared for her voice, or her thoughts, but the opening word was enough. His ears went up, his eyes widened by a fraction, and his lips threatened to draw back in a snarl. Skoll. The very name was something like a curse to him, and it made his skin crawl. Of all the wolves he had learned to hate, it was that male who deserved the most. Even now, his wounded shoulder was cause for slight concern. It had healed, but would never be the same.

“You should have chased him away the moment he came creeping around there,” Gabriel nearly snapped, his voice thick with cold rage. “That bastard nearly killed two children. He crossed our borders like he had the divine right to step into our clan’s matters. Apparently, he believed my brother planned to kill a wolf girl—whether or not this was the case doesn’t matter,” he said speaking like a politician. “It was not his business to do so. He attempted to kill my brother, and attacked two of my younger siblings when they rushed to defend him. He pushed the blame on me, saying it was my fault the two were involved, ignoring the facts of the issue entirely.” Pausing for a moment, regaining his head, the young man continued. “He’s pompous and one-sided. The only thing larger then his arrogance is his stupidity. I don’t know about this new fellow, but Gibraltar was right in what he did. I did not want his actions to have to speak for Storm, as I’m sure you can understand. ” It was a subtle, but very real threat.
[/html]
[html]

"I do understand, that's why I am here now." It was said in a quiet sort of tone, considering the things that she'd just heard. He was almost like a business person in her eyes, the power that he spoke with and all the seriousness in his voice, which wasn't at all a bad thing. It was a tame sort of thing, despite the evident anger toward the subject, but respectable all the same. "I don't like the idea of him being back in Storm or even the fact that he would consider that it could be a home again." Phasma would have liked to think that, no matter the change in leadership or circumstance, decisions made previously would still stand. Gibraltar had actually spoken to the coyotes and, though Phasma didn't trust them as far as she could throw them, she understood why he had done what he had. Revenge could be sitting in the back of Skoll's mind, blame for losing his home, and there was no telling if he would act upon it in the future.

"Trespassing isn't something to be taken lightly and, though I don't agree with harming children for it, I can understand." Isn't that what they wanted anyways? Just to be left alone? "And you approached Gibraltar afterward and told him what had happened?" Skoll had mentioned it, though he'd left out the fact that a wolf from another pack had joined with Gabe to tell him.

[/html]
[html]
It was a meeting of delegates, in a way. Politics were in his blood, and Gabriel cultivated his skill on the battlefront. Had he been half the politician his father was, he would not have shown his anger. In fact, he would have smiled. Instead, his face remained on the brink of anger and he nodded slightly. “Myself and Fatin Kali. She was the one who treated the injured,” he added, as if the information mattered. “Unfortunately, not all of our members view age as a reasonable excuse for ignorance. Like it or not, our borders are the same as any packs. We deserve the same amount of respect,” he concluded, sparing a momentary flick of the eyes towards the skulls that still lined parts of the shore before meeting her gaze again.
[/html]
[html]

"Fatin?" It was almost a shocking thing to hear and it was obvious in her voice just how off guard the new knowledge had taken her. Fatin was someone that she'd known for quite some time, someone she respected highly. If it was in the opinion of Fatin that the wrong actions had been taken by Skoll, then she wouldn't allow herself to doubt that. Obviously unsettled, she gave a faint shake of her head. "I don't like where this is leading and I don't like the prospect of Skoll being in the ranks of Storm once more." It was a quick decision of Phoenix's part, something that he should have considered much more than he had. "He seems like a fighter and, from the sounds of things, he isn't one to back down. Revenge is a powerful thing, even moreso than hate at times, and I can't help but feel he might put our Pack in danger again." Her words had simple meaning, she wouldn't stand for the creature to be a part of Storm, at least, not while she was a part of it.

[/html]
[html]
Had Fatin been influenced by the fact she was sleeping with his mother? Possibly. Had she been influence because she herself had children? Perhaps. Did it matter now? No. Gabriel shifted his weight, regarding the dark female quietly. Odd, how a former enemy would come to him now and they should speak on these terms. He had never hated any of Syemv, and acted only as an obedient soldier should. He saw no reason to betray his own for people he had never met. “It would do you well to speak to your alpha then. If he comes around here again, I will not let him walk away. Even if that takes us to Storm,” he added, again stressing the point he meant. “I have nothing against your pack, but if it puts my family in danger, I will be left with no choice.”
[/html]
[html]

Wannabe Pirate was always one to be concerned with the safety of her family, be they blood or merely pack mates, and it would be out of her nature to simply sit by and let something dangerous approach. What could Wannabe Pirate do, though, aside from trying to talk sense into her Omega and friend? Sighing quietly, the raven woman lifted her eyes toward the sky a moment, scanning around the golden Loony Luna before allowing them to fall back to the the Land of Wuffluvers member before her. It was only now that she wondered whether he was actually a dog or not. "I'll do what I can to try and press the issue of the safety of the Place of Lightning and Thunder, but I fear that my words might fall on deaf ears." Why so little faith in Phoenix? Merely because the decision had been made in haste. Perhaps a trip to the Mountain Pack would be in her near future, the Great Mother could explain the extent of the damage and perhaps offer advice on the matter. "And I understand. We do what we feel we need to when it comes to the safety of our families." At least that, they had in common.

[/html]
[html]
Gabriel would admit he was a dog faster then he would a coyote. His father’s blood still ran in him, gave him the size and contributed to the markings, and reminded him of why he hated himself. This was not to say, of course, he did so openly. Still, he carried his cross and his history without allowing it to show. Repression. Had he known anything about psychology, he would have seen that this was a terrible idea. “If I see Phoenix, I’ll speak to him. I do not want another war.” Not this soon, he thought. Not until they’ve grown and we have the means to do so.
[/html]
[html]

Some might find it an odd way of thinking but, to Wannabe Pirate, it made sense. She would speak to Phoenix, warn him of her worries and of the words spoken to her by the dog. To put them in harm's way would be unwise for an Omega, even if he didn't agree with what had happened to Skoll before. Gibraltar had exiled him to protect the pack as a whole, just as she had done to her own adopted child, to protect Syemv from the Place of Lightning and Thunder. "I'll speak with him also, I only hope it makes a difference." And what if it didn't? Could Wannabe Pirate leave knowing that they could potentially be attacked and brought to their knees? She could, actually, knowing that she did all she could to try and protect them from whatever potential dangers that would come. "Thank you." It was really all she could offer, he was doing something he needn't do, even if it wasn't specifically for the sake of the Place of Lightning and Thunder.

[/html]