[p] there's nothing that the road cannot heal
[html]

Ithiel is by me!

He stood, clutching a pair of intricately carved wooden bangles, his dark-tinted muzzle pointed downward toward them. He inhaled a breath and looked up, toward the exit of his cave. Zedekiah hunkered near the entrance and murmured toward Ithiel as he stood. The coyote headed out of his cave, still clutching both bangles in his hand, and headed toward Alma's cave.

He had only visited once, but he passed by frequently enough -- he knew where it was. Still, the dust-colored hybrid took his time, striding slowly toward his clanmate's residence. He was nervous, and he disliked nervousness -- it was not a thing he was accustomed to. He did not grow anxious before a battle; why should he be nervous in delivering a gift to a friend?

Unskilled as he was in the ways of social interaction, Ithiel was not so foolish as to misunderstand his own feelings. Alma could be more than a friend to him, he had realized, though he did not even know just how much a coyote she was. It mattered, despite the many times he'd told himself otherwise. The dark hybrid saw the mouth of Alma's dwelling up ahead and almost stopped advancing altogether for a moment.

A glance down to his hand convinced him otherwise, and he continued on until he was just outside the entrance, lingering there like an awkward... well, lingerer. He cleared his throat, red eyes staring into the darkness. Alma?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

HELLO PRIEST BOY lol awkward linger

Alma had taken a day of rest. Her body was sore and tired from all the training and teaching; she almost couldn't walk, and it hurt when she tried to move any of her limbs. She was splayed out on a pile of furs, lying on her back and staring at the darkness. She was dimly aware that she was hungry, but she was far too tired to get up and do anything about it. She was fully prepared to absolutely nothing all day.

The voice outside her cave did not cause an immediate reaction. Her eyes glanced to the entrance of her cave, but she couldn't see anything from her position. The coyote pondered whether getting up was worth the effort, when she realized that the voice she had heard was Ithiel's. With a soft groan, she rolled over and pushed herself up to her feet. Her movement to the entrance was slow and slightly clumsy; it might perhaps be heard echoing to the one standing outside her den.

"Hey," Alma leaned her body against the mouth of the cave and looked at Ithiel. "Overdid my training yesterday, it took me a while to get up..." she said, as an explanation for slow reaction. "What d'you need?" Her tone was casual, with just a hint of nervousness. She had not yet seen the bangles, and so had a worrying thought that he might want to show her more of the knife today.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Ithiel is by Raze!

She did not at first answer, and there was no movement from within the cave. He smelled her strongly, but this was her home and it would strongly smell of her -- it was no indication she was there. He strained his ears and thought he heard faint breathing -- if she was ignoring him, he should leave right away. But perhaps she was sleeping?

The dark-furred wolf wanted to throttle himself at this barrage of thoughts, but as there was the noise of a groan and movement from within the cave, his annoyance with himself disappeared and he was relieved to find her moving toward the mouth of the cave. She moved strangely and sluggishly, and he frowned, stepping closer.

Oh, he said, glancing downwards. No, he snapped inwardly, and looked back up at her. I wanted to give you these, he said, thrusting out the wooden bracelets with one hand. Silly gift if you're hurting. Sorry, he murmured, looking away. Is there something else I could get you? Perhaps there was something to dull pain in the hospital house, if Enkiel was lurking about as he typically was.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

pp'd a hug and stuff.

There was something odd about the way was apologizing and the way he held himself. From what she had observed, he was a quiet man that was not prone to outbursts or fits of nervousness. Perhaps it was just that he realized he'd come at an inconvenient time, and felt awkward. Alma had to admit that she'd feel the same if she caught him in a similar condition.

Then he said something about a gift and she finally noticed the bracelets when they had been thrust in front of her. Alma took them from his outstretched hands. They were pretty, intricate things. She traced the carvings with one fingers. "Where'd you get these?" She would have liked to meet their creator - she assumed that Ithiel wasn't not, because he hadn't mentioned an interest in wood craft. Then again, it wouldn't have surprised her - wasn't he carving something before she'd asked him to teach her about knives?

She placed one bracelet on each wrist, then looked up at Ithiel curiously. The next question on her mind was why - and suddenly his uncertainty made sense. He liked her. Alma wouldn't have been able to come to this conclusion if that coyote she'd met at Halifax hadn't been so brash about his attraction; that sort of thing never came into her thoughts before. Without this, she would have thought Ithiel's actions were puzzling - though she would have eventually figured it out, after much awkwardness.

But whereas Kit had been blunt and even rude about his attraction, Ithiel was more reserved... perhaps even shy, considering the nervousness he displayed. A wide grin slowly spread over Alma's face. The dusky male's attitude pleased her far more. She found it adorable. "Awww!" Without warning, the female coyote leaned in and hugged the male tightly. Her arms ached with the movement, but she was too happy to care. It was rather like the fascination she'd felt when taunting Kit. "You're cute." She was inadvertently treating him the same way, talking in the same high-pitched voice she'd used on puppies and tousling his hair without regard for whether he would actually be comfortable with it.

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ithiel is by me!

The dust-colored hybrid watched with a certain amount of apprehension as she took the bracelets and put them on, inquiring upon their maker. The dark-furred hybrid was more anxious than he had ever been before a fight or mission, and he was angry with himself for the nervousness. Cercatori d'Arte. A blind woman made them, he said, thinking perhaps this tidbit would endear the bracelets to her that much more. Ithiel had been impressed with Hotaru's skills; perhaps Alma might feel the same.

He nodded a small nod of approval as she slipped the bracelets on to each wrist, deep crimson eyes searching her face for a reaction. For a moment, nothing -- and then she smiled, a broad and well-pleased grin that evoked a wag of Ithiel's tail. He'd done well, and -- she jumped at him, and the dark male almost leaped back purely of instinct. He jerked visibly, but held his place in the end, and even lifted his hands awkwardly to return the hug. It was more contact than he'd ever had with anyone, and the dust-colored hybrid was surprised by the fierceness of his emotion at her actions and words. He wasn't supposed to like being called cute -- and yet, he did.

The pale tip of his tail wavered behind him, and he looked toward her with perhaps the broadest smile he'd given since puppyhood. I -- he stopped, not knowing what he was about to say or what he should say. I'm glad you like them, he finished, weakly. His tail was still wagging, but the grin was gone, replaced by a look of faint contentment.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

My mouse is broken and won't highlight things properly, so getting this table here was a pain in the ass. >.< Also, Ithiel might not want to mention how old he is or Alma will be like 'OMG YOU ARE A BABY' and then feel weird about crushing on him.

Alma was indeed impressed, although part of her wondered if it was true. It didn't really matter; Ithiel didn't seem like the type to lie, and she'd find out if he did. For now, though, she was content. She had to chuckle at his attempt to return the hug. She could sense the awkwardness in his motions, though his grin revealed that he was not unhappy. Her own tail started to wag behind her. "I like you." She was blunt in that way; she didn't see any use in hiding it, although it did make her feel a little self-conscious to admit such. "Your parents must have raised you right," she teased, "You're politer than most." Or rather, he was politer than the only other coyote who had tried to express affection.

The female coyote was starting to notice the ache in her arms, and released him from her grip. A sort of awkwardness came between them, as Alma knew not what to say or what to do. None of her parents had taught her the basics of courtship, and although she knew the story of their courtship, she was not sure what was normal or appropriate among coyotes. They had been unusual, after all, being coyote and wolf.

After much thought, she decided that asking him of his past wouldn't be a rude question. It something her parents had done, seeing as they came from different areas, and there was perhaps some similarity in that Ithiel had probably seen places she hadn't. "I don't really know much about you," she admitted, "where did you go before you came to Inferni?"

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(422) SHUT UP OKAY ITHIEL IS A MAN, HE CAN MAKE BABIES. THAT MAKES HIM AN ADULT. IT'S NOT MY FAULT ALMA IS A CRUST.

Ithiel is by me!

The dust-furred coyote stiffened with her words, wondering if she meant them in that sort of way or simply as a friend. He was about to reply in kind, possessing the same instinct to avoid beating around the bush, when she spoke on his parentage and politeness. Their closeness made it difficult to think; strange warmth spread through his body and his mind felt positively cloudy, as if he'd imbibed some intoxicant. His experience with intoxicants being meager at best, Ithiel likened it to the faintest buzz of alcohol. It wasn't unpleasant in the least, and the dusky-furred hybrid found himself hugging her more confidently, forgetting entirely that he was supposed to say something until she released him. It was only then that he remembered she'd spoken, and he looked to the ground awkwardly, unable to recall what it was she'd said beside liking him. He might have been frustrated by that, having a generally sharp mind and sharper memory, if he hadn't still been surfing the wave of good feeling the hug had provided in the first place.

Finally, she spoke and saved him the awkwardness of having to speak. It was a question he could answer easily, and it sparked his memory as to what she'd said. Parents, he thought to himself, almost chiding for his forgetfulness. It was Scintilla that raised me, for the most part. Scintilla is far out to the west, in the desert. I came here with my brother Aemon and our leader, Kastra, to try and find my father Gabriel. Kastra decided we should stay, and so we have, he said, cocking his head to the side. My mother died when I was young, and I never knew my father. He was Ezekiel's father, too, the coyote said, somehow making this sound nothing like boasting. It was simple fact to Ithiel: his brother leading the clan and his family's deep-rooted history with it did not mean he got any sort of perks or free passes. Where did you come from?

Though he still wanted to tell her he liked her, too, the dust-furred hybrid thought the moment had passed, and upon clearer consideration, decided perhaps it was not necessary after all. That was what the hug was for, idiot, he thought to himself, wanting to smack his own forehead with the realization. It was not a motion Ithiel would have made under any circumstances, however, and the dust-furred hybrid remained still.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

NO ITHIEL IS AN ITTY BITTY BABY. also we need to think of a reason for Alma to bring up Kit, so Ithiel can ~think~ about that. when she's gone Big Grin

Having the same father would explain the relation between Ithiel and Ezekiel - the fact that they had the same last name hadn't gone unnoticed. She wasn't sure what to make of this - she hadn't known Gabriel and knew little about Ezekiel's past. She thought the man was a good Aquilla, but that had no bearing on Ithiel. Siblings could be different from one another, despite blood relationships. Her own brother, Ash, for example despised his coyote side and looked up to his more traditional uncle.

She about to ask of Scintilla when he asked of her past. The orange coyote paused. Being forced to live among wolves when she clearly favored her father had influenced much of her life and almost everything that she did. She was not sure she would have had the drive to seek out Inferni if she hadn't been raised with wolves. Then again, other coyotes had - though she noticed that there were many hybrids in the clan, and few true coyotes. Maybe a lack of belonging had drawn them all together. But she would rather forget the wolfish blood that coursed through her veins; she considered herself coyote. Explaining her difficult childhood would dampen the mood.

"My family was very traditional, except for my father. He was Luperci and turned my mother. We lived somewhere out west, though I can not say how far it would be from Scintilla, or even Inferni. My path was winding." She answered, leaving out the murder of her father and the two years she had wandered pointlessly. Those things could be explained later; it was a long tale, and she suspected it would be as depressing to hear it as was to live it. "What is Scintilla like?"

In the back of her mind, she became aware of her mother's presence. She would not see or hear the spirit, but she was knew she was there, listening. Alma was not sure what to make of this. Perhaps she should be glad that she hadn't commented yet.

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(391) ahaha. maybe dis?

Ithiel is by Kitty!

Ithiel might have throttled himself if he had been alone. Then again, if he was alone, he wouldn't be so addle-brained. It was because of Alma's presence and her recent closeness he felt quite so murky in the head. As they spoke, however, a clearness began to return to his mind, and he found himself bearing his usual calm, listening as she spoke of her past. The dusky-furred hybrid did not quite know what to make of a non-Luperci mother; these things were strange to him, as he was accustomed to most possessing the ability to attain two legs.

Coyotes, coy-wolves, and wolves. Coyotes competing with wolves, war, he said, shrugging. It wasn't really war in the sense of trench battles; the Boreas conflict had been more of a war than Scintilla's usual setting, but there had been raiding and scouting and scuffling and fighting, all the same. Not many non-Luperci, though, he confided, shrugging. Perhaps their homes were quite far away. The dust-furred coyote himself knew "west" was a huge and general direction; that they'd both traveled east to arrive in Inferni meant little on the proximity of their homes.

Inferni sees more peace than Scintilla, hard as that might be to believe, he said, shrugging and gesturing to one of their various earned scars from the attacker wolves. Those wolves, he added, a small frown setting over his muzzle, were from Scintilla, too. Ezekiel thought they followed Kastra, or maybe me and Aemon. They might have wanted what Aemon and I wanted in coming out here, he said, the frown replaced by his usual neutral countenance. Gabriel. All this was pieced together from little other than conjecture and Ithiel's familiarity with some of the wolves' appearances and techniques -- they looked and acted as the wolves he'd known before, this was all. He was not certain how true this was.

Your family and pack, he said, a flicker of thought passing briefly over his dust-colored face. They were rude and traditional? he inquired, wondering and faintly confused. If he was politer than what she was used to, those from her homeland might have been entirely mannerless. This did not seem likely to Ithiel, however, as a place with poor manners did not breed coyotes like Alma.

<style>
#ithielKitty {
}
#ithielKitty p {
}
#ithielKitty p.sieImage {
}
#ithielKitty .txtooc {
#ithielKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

YOU CONFUSED THE ALMA

Somehow, knowing where Ithiel came from did explain why he was so uptight. She could imagine that being raised in a war-torn area would have an effect on one's ability to express humor or joy. Alma at once felt sorry for him and wanted to hug him again. The coyote restrained herself; her arms were still hurting. Instead, she gave him what could best be described as a pitying expression.

She gave no reaction to the mention of Gabriel. Mentally, she wondered what kind of coyote he was to have gained such a reputation among the Boreas wolves. Alma could see why his sons would chase him down, but not why the wolves would care. Perhaps he was a great warrior - she would have to ask. The orange coyote opened her mouth to do just that when he asked of her family.

She didn't remember the comment she made about his parents and how polite he was. "What?" She was perplexed. What did he mean by 'rude'? Did he think she was rude? Was he insulted by the hug she'd given? Alma's face contorted in confusion. The word traditional echoed in her mind and she understood - or thought she did. She still wasn't sure if that meant she had behaved inappropriately, however. "My uncle believed luperci were demons, but that may have just been him. The rest of the family was unfriendly in a way that was polite and not outright rude."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Ithiel is by me!

Too late, the dark-furred hybrid realized his meaning was lost, confused in all the words. Lifting his hand to scratch at the back of his head, he frowned, looking as uncomfortable as he'd ever looked. Ah, he said, ears flicking back against his head. I meant -- you said I was more polite than most, he explained. I have never been called polite. While this wasn't entirely true -- Ithiel understood manners perfectly well, and was not a brash or excessively boisterous canine -- the dark-furred coyote lacked almost all warmth.

I just thought -- if I am considered polite... he trailed off, leaving the rest unsaid. Sorry, he added after a moment, still frowning and wondering whether he'd gone and screwed it all up. His hand dropped, and he looked toward her almost anxiously, waiting to see if he'd offended her. He didn't know what to make of her uncle's belief of Luperci as demons; he left that go entirely, confused by it. There were demons in the world, but not those of flesh and bone.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Alma relaxed when she realized Ithiel was just as nervous as she was. She smiled when he had finished explaining what he meant. "Don't be. I just thought maybe I'd done something to give you that impression..." She paused. "There was a... uh, incident that caused me to say that." The orange coyote wondered how she best explain it without seeming odd. A long moment of silence stretched out between them as Alma tried to figure out a more delicate way of putting what she'd done. She felt it was justified at the time, and still felt that now, but was aware that it might seem different to Ithiel - or any other male, for that matter.

When the silence seemed to have gone too far, she sighed and decided to tell the truth. "I was in Halifax, alone in an abandoned house, scavenging when another coyote accosted me. He was very friendly. A little too friendly. I pretended not to know what he wanted, so he became more blunt. In return, I told him that I wasn't interested. He didn't stop. He kept trying to get closer to me and touch me." Alma was perfectly calm while she related the tale, unaware that it might seem more dire to Ithiel than she found it to be. "So I overpowered him, pushed him on the ground and shoved some pink clothing around his neck. Then I tied his arms up and shoved him into the street of Halifax so he could he wander until someone found him and took pity upon him." With this, she smirked. Although she was concerned of what Ithiel would think, she couldn't help but be amused when she remembered his distress.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ithiel is by Kitty!

The dusky-furred hybrid shook his head firmly at her suggestion. Nothing she'd done was anything less than -- well, Ithiel didn't know exactly what to call it, but he liked all of it well enough. None of what she'd ever done or said was rude, he thought. At the mention of an incident, the Duplicarius's dark ears swept forward, and his crimson eyes narrowed just slightly. He remained quiet, wondering how to prompt her to continue without sounding commanding or abrasive; it hadn't come to him yet by the time she spoke again.

Ithiel's muzzle broke out into a scowl when the cinnamon-furred coyote explained the man's excessive friendliness; by the time she got to the touching attempts, a full snarl was set across his features. It disappeared abruptly, however, when she explained the punishment she'd delivered; brief confusion passed over the coyote's face, and he cocked his head to the side, contemplating the scoundrel's contorted, immobilized arms and how long he must have had to wander like that, and how shamed he must have been when he was found.

His mind dwelt on it a moment, and he spoke, albeit still with a hint of uncertainty. A fitting punishment for scum. With strange impulsivity that was not his custom -- it surprised even him -- he reached out and touched her shoulder, brushing his hand down her upper arm with concern. He looked over her with sharp crimson eyes, as if trying to discern any bruises or marks this wolf -- he was sure it was wolf -- had left on her body. You're alright? he asked, his voice more even this time. His mind kept returning to the wandering scoundrel, bound and certainly shamed to submission.

<style>
#ithielKitty {
}
#ithielKitty p {
}
#ithielKitty p.sieImage {
}
#ithielKitty .txtooc {
#ithielKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Alma's expression had turned from a smirk to a contented smile. She appreciated the way he was concerned for her, although she still hadn't thought of the man as that much of a threat still, and couldn't see him as that since she'd dealt with him personally. "Yes. He was weak for a man, for a coyote even. I don't think he ever expected to have to defend himself." Alma almost chuckled, imagining what other trouble the man might have gotten himself into. Certainty, his brash attitude would catch up with him sometime - she didn't think her punishment was enough. Perhaps one day he would hit on the wrong canine and have an angry father chasing him up and down Nova Scotia. "He couldn't have been very old, honestly, from the way he acted. Maybe he'll think twice when he tries something like that again." She paused, and grinned at Ithiel. "You can see why I would consider you polite, don't you?"

The only scars on her figure were old - from her fight with one of the Boreas, and that yellow dog with the puppies - things that couldn't have come from the coyote she'd been so annoyed by. Any marks he'd left on her, not that she'd been aware of any, were shallow enough that they had healed. The orange coyote displayed amusement when she caught the reticent male looking her over for bruises. Perhaps in response to his attempts at making a comforting gesture, she placed an arm around his waist and pulled him closer - although gently, because of her soreness. "Your concern is adorable," she purred, and leaned in for a kiss.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

LOL THIS POST SUCKS Sad

Ithiel is by me!

Ithiel could only nod his agreement mutely. Weakness, to be sure -- that was what had allowed Alma to apprehend him and tie him up, allowing him to wander the streets of the city until someone took pity on him. Perhaps he was still wandering now. He chased the thought from his head and smiled faintly at Alma. A pup, he said, relieved. Though I'm surprised that a coyote would act so, he admitted, frowning.

Her insisted compliment was met with half-mast ears and a lowered nose, although his crimson eyes remained on her face, appraising her fiery hair and gold-yellow eyes, even as she drew him nearer. The kiss surprised him, though it was strangely inflaming, too -- he'd always imagined he would be the one to make the first move, but now that Alma had -- well, Ithiel had never experienced it otherwise, but this was certainly pleasant. His eyes half-lidded and a murmur of pleasure rumbled somewhere in his throat, and the pale tip of his tail wavered back and forth in an almost puppyish wag.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I AM MORE TERRIBLE, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M DOIN

Alma's tail, too, was wagging. Her oversized ears twitched with excitement. Her body was leaned into his, partly from soreness and partly from a desire to get closer to the man. There was a certain rush in taking control like this, and she had half a mind to push him down to the ground and follow her instincts further. But her mind righted herself, and she separated from him before she lost control of her desires. She was not an animal, not like Kit. She would control her lust, if only to prove she was better.

One hand was still around his waist while she stared into his eyes. They were a shade of red that almost looked like blood. A stray thought in her mind told her that her uncle would surely have accused her of consorting with a demon, if he could see them together now. The edge of her lips crooked into a smile at this. The dusk man wasn't at all frightening to her. He was quiet - perhaps standoffish - but he was capable of kindness, as she'd seen.

For a brief moment, Alma felt guilty that she had wanted to do something similar to what she'd done to Kit; he didn't do anything to deserve that. Her mind tried to rationalize it as simple lust - all she wanted to do was push him down and...

She pulled her arm from his waist, and stepped back. Her eyes darted to the horizon as her smile faded. The cinnamon coyote tried to take her mind off her desires, and searched for something they could do or talk about. "Uhm..." Alma took a step away from the caverns, and remembered the soreness in her body. "You think Enkiel might have something for, uh..." Her ears tipped back for a second, "...too much training?"

With her mind on her pained body, she could feel her lust cooling. No, what she wanted to do wasn't possible right now; she convinced herself she couldn't do it. Ithiel was safe, she said to herself. "Maybe we can walk there together and see..." She managed a smile, "And you can tell me more about yourself." Her tail began to sway once more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) TEENAGE FUMBLING GO. you want end this here and start new thread? OOCly assume they go to enky and talk and are perfectly chaste. except for dirty glances. ;D

Ithiel is by me!

Though lust rose within Ithiel, he resisted it and quelled his desires rather easily. The dusky-furred hybrid had been denied, both by others and by himself, many times and many ways before. His life prior to Inferni consisted of little else but training and work: play and pleasure were virtually unknown to Ithiel, who knew of only the "approved" pleasures -- reading the book, pleasurable acts between mates. This latter he'd never experienced, obviously, but perhaps with Alma? Was that what the kiss meant? He contemplated this as and after they separated, returning her gaze with one of his own. She looked troubled, and quickly dredged up a different subject. The hybrid's slight tilt of the head was followed by a nod.

Probably, he said. I'd be glad to accompany you. There was little awkwardness on Ithiel's part; instead, he contemplated mateship and inquiring on her views then and there. He held his tongue, however, and instead decided it was best to get to know her better first, as she suggested. He was not sure what new things he might say about himself, but he was confident their conversation could blossom naturally on the way.

<style>
</style>[/html]