Date:June 4, 2012

Setting: Miki'Aliqua River

Time: Late morning

Character Form: Optime

Dress: Traditional with Daggers and Bow
[/html]
[html]

PGP + 4

It was a fine day of spring, something that seemed to happen more and more often. Summer was approaching and would undoubtedly bring with it hotter days that would leave the thick furred Alaskan uncomfortable. But, for now at least, he was safe in the sun where he stooped. Obsidian hands filled with different pieces of stone worked careful to stake them. Piece after piece, they began to tower up in a fine pile until one would give way near the bottom and send every last rock tumbling off of their stone pedestal. And though this happened numerous times, Jaden never became aggravated. He never once cursed the unstable surface he worked on nor did he toss a rock into the nearby river in frustration. No, he was quite content with the simple task that distracted so much of his mind.

More and more lately he found himself doing something like this, something that kept him from thinking too hard about much else. He aimed to distract himself from the dramatic play of love. For the warrior who had fought many, killed, and even been beaten a time or two, nothing was more humbling, more painful, more aggravating at times, and more distressing than love was turning out to be. There had been a long stretch before now where he had been lost for love because of his brother. He had been robbed of his mate for reasons that seemed so much darker now than they even had before. During that time he had been too broken to give his heart away. And now that he was healed enough to try again, two contestants fought for his love, one more deserving and one that needed it far more. Both were such easy matches that the choice had been left up to their prize. His own compassion for them was now a constant torment. No matter how much he wished it away, the undecided choice haunted him every time he saw their faces, every time they got close.

An enemy, love was turning out to be and one that was impossible to escape for long. When the pile of rocks he had gathered finally stood in a neat pyramid all on their own, he was almost tempted to push at it. He was again left to himself without it. With a sigh of soft disappointment, he took a seat on the stone pallet next to his stack and watched the small creak that ran only a few feet away. Tired paws held a somber muzzle as he allowed another battle to take place in him and searched for an answer that he could never find.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.Jadenfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0e1e5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #404e50; }
.Jadenfreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404e50; text-align:center;}
.Jadenfreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Jadenfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#83a0a6; background-image:url(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... anzee2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ecebe9; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404e50; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Jadenfreeb2-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Jadenfreeb2-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6f878d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#400+
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Thana wasn’t stupid, she knew how Jaden felt about X’yrin. She didn’t need to be told, it was clear. Her scent was all over his coat most of the time and he wasn’t acting the same. It didn’t seem like he loved her, even though he was sharing a room with her. Even though he had asked her to join his pack. Even though he was the first one she hadn’t used and actually wanted to be around. She had changed completely for him, wanting to be a better person for him, someone he could be proud of. Someone who could deserve his love. Perhaps she never was meant to be his. He loved another.

Perhaps she wasn’t meant to have anyone. She had allowed herself to love Shadow before and he left and chose another, and now Jaden didn’t seem able to choose between her and X’yrin. Thana knew she would not be chosen in the end. Jaden had not known her for very long and she had a slave. There was no way he would choose her.

Making up her mind, Thana had Anna gather up their things so they could leave while she went to find Jaden. She wasn’t the type to just leave without any form of a goodbye, and it would more than likely be the last time she would see her love. Following his scent, she found him by the river. She held herself up, trying her hardest not to show just how much pain she was in. Jaden? I need to speak with you for a moment.

Rising from the ruins

<style>
.ruinedcity .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.ruinedcity-header {font-size:25px; text-align:left; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#E6ED9D; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.ruinedcity p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ruinedcity b {color:#435B61; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ruinedcity {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 3100-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A18962; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ruinedcity .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A18962; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The choice was impossible. It mattered little how many times he thought about it and what he took into consideration. How could he condemn someone he loved? For that is exactly what choosing one of the other dictated. He would be choosing who to hurt and who to spare the agony of losing him. But it wasn’t only this that weighed in on his decision. Thana had nowhere else to go. She and Anna would surely leave if he didn’t give them his love. But X’yrin knew him better too. Wouldn’t it be more crippling to see a longtime friend, trusted fellow leader, and beloved leave for another? Still he tried to reason it out and used over beaten paths of thought. Something had to come of this. The long it all lasted the more pain was being caused…

He didn’t realize just how soon the decision would be made. And by whom it was to be made. He was still sitting on the boulder and gazing at the river when Thana’s scent and soft voice broke over him. He stood strait and looked to her. Of course… He moved over and offered her a seat by him. There was something wrong. He knew her well enough to see the trouble in her eyes and meaning to her step. He began to fear the worst immediately.

<style type="text/css">
.Jadenfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0e1e5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #404e50; }
.Jadenfreeb2-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404e50; text-align:center;}
.Jadenfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#83a0a6; background-image:url(http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... anzee2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ecebe9; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404e50; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Jadenfreeb2-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #6f878d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#200+
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Thana knew perfectly well what had to be done. Jaden would end up with X’yrin at some point anyway. She was the alpha, she could probably take him if she wanted to. Thana knew she wasn’t good enough for him anyways. She never would be. It would be best to just get it done and over with. Jaden offered her the seat beside him but she shook her head. I would prefer to stand right now. In truth, it was easier for her to leave if she wasn’t sitting beside him, feeling his warmth. Jaden, I love you, but I can’t do this anymore. You should be with X’yrin. You barely know me and you deserve someone much better than me. She took a deep breath as tears started to form. Anna is in the room, collecting our things. We are leaving after I’m done talking with you. She took a step back, wanting to run so he wouldn’t see her cry. Instead, she just turned around, facing away from him as tears began to flow. She didn’t want to leave him, but she had to. He deserved someone so much better than her. She was a killer, a slave owner. There was no way he would even want her to be his mate, let alone have a family with at some point. He would be much better off with X’yrin. They were both alpha’s and she could give him strong pups. She was better in every way. Thana had to give him up for her.

Rising from the ruins

<style>
.ruinedcity .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.ruinedcity-header {font-size:25px; text-align:left; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#E6ED9D; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.ruinedcity p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ruinedcity b {color:#435B61; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ruinedcity {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 3100-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:30px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A18962; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ruinedcity .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A18962; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

PGP + 3

Words fell from him like shattered glass as he listened but couldn’t quite process what the Obsidian woman was saying. Their predicament was woeful at best but he had struggled to find a solution that would hurt the women he loved the least. This was what he had tried to avoid, tried to save Thana from feeling. But, despite his efforts, it seemed this was inevitable. Nothing would settle until something exploded and now was the time for that pain. But what could he say. His jaw had fallen open pleadingly but words still escaped him. …no... No! He quickly stood up and followed her steps as they tried to escape him. Thana… Don’t leave. Please. I love you, he put one hand on her shoulder and swooped around so he was in front of her again. The tears he saw were painful and he felt a not in his throat for them. But he didn’t stop pleading. With a gulp, he swallowed down his pain and began again. Please, don’t go. This is your home and… I need you.

His need wasn’t one of necessity but of love. He needed her to be safe and semi happy because he did love her. No one deserved to be pained by his love or his actions. He needed something that couldn’t be. A fairytale ending for a conflicted heart wouldn’t last in their realm of reality. He would lose this battle for one of the women he loved and deep down he knew it. But he wouldn’t accept such a thing because he couldn’t allow it either. He had to fight for her, for them. Who was he fighting though? Himself? They definitely weren’t fighting each other. What was he to do? If there was an answer he had to have found it then. He was about to loose her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#300+
[/html]
Thana knew perfectly well that this would be a very hard goodbye. She would never again see the man she loved. The thought alone ripped at her heart, breaking it in two once more. He protested, begging for her to stay. She knew he could see the tears but she really didn’t care at that point, she was heartbroken. Believe me Jaden, I love you and I need you just as much but I can’t stay here. Z’yrin is the alpha, if she wanted you she could just take you. I’ve seen it happen many times. You wouln’t be mine no matter what I do. Why did this have to happen to her again? It was painful enough the first time but she had actually been living with Jaden and now he loved another. She would loose him no matter what.

Thana couldn’t fight Z’yrin for him anyway, not when she just formed her pack. Not when she was beneath Z’yrin in her pack. Why did this all have to happen? She could have found someone else to form a pack with. Now it was nearly impossible for Thana to be with the man who held her heart. It should have just been us. We mated. X’yrin is just a friend. If you really did love me, I would have been an easy choice. Instead, you couldn’t decide. I can’t just sit here and watch you be with her. The tears stopped as she started to become more angry than upset. You will never be mine and I have accepted that. So, it’s time for me to go.
[html]
Word Count :: 200+ || Points: 2 Ooc.

Still no answer. Even now when she was leaving and he could do nothing but make a decision to stop her could he do it. He was selfish and cursed his greedy heart. Neither of them deserved him, he was lucky to wonderfully beautiful and talented women loved him. They deserved so much better. But he couldn’t let them go, couldn’t possibly just stand back and release one from the grips of his heart. She would have to tear away. He was too selfish in his love and, though he saw it, it was something he couldn’t change. This goodbye that could not be avoided would shred his heart.

And he couldn’t find words again. X’yrin was alpha, that was true but she would just give up like that? Wouldn’t she fight for him? More thoughts of a breaking heart and ones that discarded the extra pain this would cause the two he loved. More selfish thinking. But he wouldn’t demand that she fought for him. He simply couldn’t bring himself to. But you can stay here. This is your home, he pleaded helplessly again. Then he heard the change in her voice and still went on with his pleadings. Despite the anger he lifted her chin and tried to look into her glossy eyes. But I do love you… I love you so much Thana. His own eyes glossed over gently with the pained look on his face.

<style>
.Jarose p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Jarose b {font-family:georgia; color:#002241; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Jarose {background-color:#000c18; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#00000a; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/2nrpshl.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Jarose .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Jarose .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]