Pick up Put down
[html]

WC: 321 OOC: Niro in Optime, mid afternoon, and if possible are the pups old enough to leave the home? If so that would help with any trespassing issues Smile

Niro traveled well even on two feet. He borrowed one of the courts community horses, which made the excursion far quicker than he thought possible. If they had taken horses in the first place, they wouldn’t have been out fo so long. He didn’t regret it though. Now it was time to see his daughter Magnolia. He missed her dearly and he was hoping that she was living well. He knew she had her own life and he wasn’t going to be there all the time, but he knew he had been out of her life for some time too. He couldn’t say he wasn’t nervous though. The pack she had chosen for herself was not one he would wish to his enemy, and even then... well she said she was happy and that’s all that mattered. If she had at least someone to look up to there he would be less worrisome.

When he reached the borders of Salsola, he kept clear of it just in case, he heard rumors of maiming and murder, and other things that he doubted were true. Taking a deep breath and stealing himself, he dismounted the horse and called for his daughter. He called for a visit something that he had been meaning to do for so long, but with the new pups and leaving on that long trip had never really happened. He went through New Dawn territory and visited Jiva, but he skirted far from Salsola and Inferni, both packs having a bad reputation. He didn’t even know where foxglove was, but perhaps Maggie did, they were close even though they lived in different packs at least that’s what he thought. He knew they saw each other after his meeting with Foxglove when she came back. Right now though, this was a visit to his look alike daughter. The one who had took mostly after him, including the natural mohawk.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Yeeee for the first puppy thread!! :33 (328)

Since they were born two weeks ago, Maggie hadn’t left her residence. Houston, Memphis, and Florence were a handful, to say the least; despite having two dutiful parents they were still struggling to take care of them properly. The pups were always awake, always moving, and it was nearly impossible for the Confidant to get a moment of sleep without one of them waking up. The three newborns also made it difficult for Denver to fit in the bed as well. She hadn’t quite started using the cradle yet, it was hard for Maggie to even be a few feet away from her children. She kept them very, very close at all times. She wasn’t going to mess this up.

Her exhausted mind almost didn’t hear her father’s voice ring out for her. She narrowed her eyes, curious. She hadn’t seen Niro in what felt like years. Still, his presence was welcome in her life. Looking at her three young children, she had no idea how she was going to get them to the borders. Despite the heat, she wrapped a rather large elk skin that was on her bed around her in order to have a makeshift traveling sling for her children. After a proud look at her handiwork as she plopped her three tiny creatures into the sling, she set off.

Walking to the border took no time at all, despite walking somewhat slowly. She smiled as her mirror image came closer and closer to her. “Hey dad,” she called out lovingly, “Or should I say granddad?” She giggled, holding her sling ever so tightly. The little ones squirmed about, with Memphis' head peeking out. She was the next Takekuro in line to continue the silver-mohawked look, though this time she carried a darker mask on her face, and a dark gray saddle on her back. Still, she peered at the newcomer and made more high-pitched squeaks as Maggie approached.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 515 OOC: A NOVEL JUST FOR YOU! don't have to match me Wink

At first he wasn’t sure if she was going to come and this bothered him. In fact he could feel his fur standing on end at being so close to the border of so many rumors, but he eased himself to think that visitors were welcome surely they were. Maggie finally appeared and was moving slow. He tilted his head wondering why but as she got closer he could tell she was being careful because of something in the odd skin she wore against her. She greeted him and as she did so a puppies head moved out, and it was a near replica of his daughter. Niro’s eyes widened, at first with shock, then anger, but that didn’t last as he told himself she was a grown woman entitled to such a thing. Then he felt joy. A granddad! The final thing he felt was happiness. He looked at Maggie grinning.

“Oh they are beautiful Maggie! I come to visit you with news of my own pups and to see how you were and you turn the tables right back around on me! Wow, congratulations darling.... the man who did this to you is helping right? You aren’t being stubborn and saying he isn’t needed are you?”

He didn’t know how much she had picked up from her mother and he didn’t know her current situation with mates. He didn’t know much about his daughter, and this made him feel horrible that he didn’t come visit her more often. He would have to make a mental note to do so again.

“I am sorry it took so long to come, but me and Amaranth had taken a long journey and when we came back we had to settle a bit and let the pups get use to the court before I set out. I am sorry I didn’t come visit sooner but Mara, she doesn’t like the lands around here and we had to move on quickly.”

He said trying to explain his absence. it wasn’t that good of an excuse, but it was the only one he had as he didn’t really lie. He just hoped that things were going as well for Magnolia as they were going for him. She looked exhausted though. He smiled at her offering an arm to take the bundle of pups, a burden of a grandfather, to give her a little rest of them. He could not suckle them but he was ever watchful.

“perhaps we could find a nice spot close by and you can tell me everything.”

He said grinning at his daughter, hoping to make this time with her a good one. He wasn’t going to say hi and leave, he would stay for many hours if he had to, even just watching the children while she got her rest. He knew that every parent needed a rest and it usually came down to the grandparent, though he lived far enough away that it was a bit difficult to do that.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
Replying on my phone derp. Hope the PP is okay!

As soon as she arrived, Niro spoke very quickly, almost ferverently, quickly spilling his happy news to her. Maggie grinned at the mention of more half-siblings. She was no longer bitter about Niro having his own separate family, that puppyhood anger was long gone. Niro mentioned sitting down and talking, at which she nodded and started walking in the direction of a glen she knew of nearby. "yes, that sounds wonderful, there's a spot not too far away we can sit in safety."

As they walked, Maggie started her story. "lll admit, they were an accident, but their father stepped up and even asked me to become his mate. He has been everything I could have asked for. He took over my scouting duties once I became unable to do them myself. He actually lived in the court, did you ever meet Denver Mathis?" as she spoke his name, her smile grew even larger. "if there's one thing I learned from mom, it was to never push people away. I have a happy family now, and I couldn't have if I had done the same to him as mom did to you," she looked at her mirror-father seriously then. "I want you in their lives. Now that you have more children of your own I would love to make a trip down to see them,"

The trees thinned out and a meadow appeared, green and teeming with life. A small brook ran nearby with a bit of it in the shade. It seemed like the perfect spot to sit and talk. Maggie plopped down on the ground, careful to not hurt her babies, before she took them out of the satchel one at a time. "Florence," she said when she took out the white pup with the small gray Mohawk. "Houston," she took out her only son that channeled his fathers doggish looks. Lastly, she took out the only takekuro to continue the silver look. "and Memphis," she said proudly, carefully watching them squirm in the grass.
[html]

WC: 662 OOC: NOVEL FOR YOU and no worries!!

Niro had never thought of his family as a part or a half. No matter who was who, his family was a whole, yes Maggie had felt left out and almost abandoned when Jiva came and she did not think of Amaranth as a mother and Niro would never force such a thing, but he was glad she came to accept that he had others in his family. His love for his daughter would never waver. He would nevr tell her nor any of his children this but he had a very special place for Maggie, even though she had been very hard to handle as a young girl. He began following her as she led the way, giving him the story of her pups. He listened intently. Her story was simple yet complex, and though there were things he wished didn’t happen, he knew they would no matter what. At the mention of Denver he flicked his ears slightly irritably.

“Oh... yes I was there when he first came. He’s a nice enough sort though I’m surprised he didn’t take offense your father is all wolf.”

He said, the words weren’t cold but they were restrained. He wanted Maggie to be happy. He had no qurrels with Denver other than the disappointment he wasn’t greeted at the borders by a dog. At the time Niro had been the only full blooded wolf in the pack, and he was sure he still was if Orin didn’t live there as well. As Maggie sat, he joined her. He memorized the puppies names and remembering their colors, and enjoying the sight of his grandchildren.

“I am still in shock! I just can’t believe I’m a grandfather. This brings me great joy. They are so very beautiful and I know you will be a great mother.”

He said looking at her and the pups as he spoke, switching between them for a few seconds. He could barely get over the fact that his oldest was mated, and had pups. He must have done something right to see her doing so well for herself, or she was just that strong willed and knew better than most. WHatever the case he was happy and he would always be there for her.

“I want to see them as much as possible. I missed you girls, I miss you al now, and Jiva ever since he left it’s been empty and quiet, but to see my grandchildren often would be a blessing. You will like your new brother and sister. They are lively. Tasha is really taking to the birds and Heiro I think he’s going to be an exceptional hunter.”

He said, as he put a finger close to one of the blind puppies noses. They may not be able to see but their sense of smell was exceptional. He wanted them to imprint on his smell, to know he was papa to them. That he would be there to protect them if their parents weren’t. He hoped that would never be the case, but he would be ready for anything.

“I wish you could have joined us when we went west. Amaranth. She had an episode, she wanted to go for a walk, the walk turned into a journey that took us far west. What we found was breathtaking. The skies were so different so alien. There were lights that moved like the sea in the skies. They changed all sorts of colors.”

He said, sharing his story. He had a few, but most of them were boring they had met up with many wolves but kept to themselves especially when his pups were born. That was bad timing as they were in the middle of nowhere with two blind pups who coulnd’t handle the cold yet. That was a hard time as both had been ready to go home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]I started this, like, three times. I’m sorry my reply took so long!

“I want you in their life as well,” She said honestly. When they were older she knew a trip to Cour des Miracles would have to happen. ”And I hope sometime soon to bring the kids down and so we can be a proper family again. I’m so happy I have more siblings!” She watched her father beam as he spoke of his new babies. He seemed to be truly happy, which of course made Maggie fill with joy. While Maggie knew Niro loved Amaranth deeply, she always wanted to ask about how she and the rest of her sisters happened. Maggie hoped they were separated at the time, or (though it pained her to think of her father this way) perhaps something more sinister had happened. Maggie chose to ask that question another day.

”That sounds wonderful,” she breathed, carefully watching and moving her children close to her stomach as she listened. The Confidant had stretched out onto the grass, yawning and then encircling her children tightly with the entire length of her body.”Oh,” she said suddenly after Niro took a break from speaking.”Foxglove is here, did you know?” Maggie wondered if Niro had heard about the abuse she suffered from her old tribe, or if he even knew of AniWaya. ”She suffered a great tragedy at her old home and came here, to be with me. I worry though, she hides away constantly. I think something horrible happened to her, and I don’t know how to get the old Foxglove back,” She looked grim for a moment, but instead focused on her eldest child, digging her black nose into Florence’s soft ivory belly.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 466 OOC: Is ok!! <3

Niro was relieved to hear Maggie’s words. He wanted to be a family again yes, though she seemed to settle well here. The trip would be a long one and he would not expect to see them everyday. He would, of course come to see them as much as he could. His short tale seemed to intrigue the woman and he smiled

“And the bears they were bigger than the ones we see here! one could grab me and just crush me with one squeeze, but they were not brown or even black, but white. It really was amazing. The pups came later as a surprise and we were stuck after a snowstorm but it was nice being just us, though we missed everyone dearly. It took us many months to get back because the pups were not travel ready and they get tired so easy even if they were being carried”

He chuckled a little at the thought of little Tasha always yawning the whole journey. Though that smile went away as Maggie explained the situation that Foxglove that was in. Niro was sad. He closed his eyes remembering the night he and his pack saved her and the other prisoners.

“Yes, me and the miracles pack went to save them. She stayed with us for a while, but insisted on leaving. I am sad that she feels as she does and I hope she knows she is welcome with me in the miracles pack. But I do think it best that she stays with someone she knows far better. Im glad someone can keep an eye on her.

He wanted to deman the woman go get foxglove now, so that he could see her for himself, but that was no way fro him to react. His children were grown and as much as he helped in the past... He closed his eyes, willing himself to be strong.

“If you could tell her Hello for me, that I miss her, and you just be yourself around her. Maybe seeing something ofa past and a good life you seem to be having might make her feel better. She needs to feel wanted.”

Niro said. He heard what and why they were being captive and though he did not know the whole story of any individuals he knew that their treatment was horrible. At least they were gone and would never return because if they did Niro vowed to kill them. He took his attention back on the pups who were squirming around over each other, acting just as young pups did. He hoped that they weren’t brought into a sad world. He wondered if the human world was any better than this one.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

>________>(307)

Maggie couldn’t imagine bears bigger than the ones that were here. When Maggie had ran into Malachi, she thought that thing was the largest animal in the world. To know there were bigger beasts larger than her scared Maggie momentarily. A mammoth bear could snap her babies like twigs. However, despite all that, it seemed as if Niro and his family had a good time on the trip. Maggie wished she could do the same thing, go to where the lights shone the way her father explained. But Salsola was a lifetime commitment. Magnolia couldn’t fathom exile, and she certainly didn’t want to be killed. Still, she wished.

“Of course. She knows about my children and is due to show up at my house eventually,” Maggie said simply, taking her nose off of her child’s belly before she spoke. Florence squirmed, and inched over to Maggie’s side. Despite the summer’s temperature, her children always liked to feel her body heat. It was still overwhelming, to be needed so completely by beings so incapable of faring on their own.

“Choosing one of my children to get rid of is impossible, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I abandoned one of them, I don’t know how Lolita did it,” Maggie was in a daze, staring at Memphis, her little mirror image. The three similar-looking Takekuros all seemed to be reflections of the other. This was what family was, this very moment; three generations sitting beneath a tree. Salsola would never make her feel the same way this made her feel. Her thoughts turned to Foxglove yet again and the Confidant sighed. She finally blinked and shook herself out of her daze and looked up at her father. She wasn’t expecting answers, she was just trying to understand.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 406 OOC: poor Niro feeling bad that he is such a bad dad

Maggie’s answer made him smile and he watched as the pup so new to the world wiggled to find her mother’s warmth. He remembered just holding his other puppies like this and looked to his daughter, one of three, the first ones he had, and felt his eyes water as he wished that he could have cared for them all like he had his others. It made his heart twist more as Maggie spoke once more...

“She must have had a hard time doing it, I don’t know how your mother works... I wish I could have taken you all, but she wouldn’t even let me near you, I even said I would move there, but she told me she would move far away so I could never see you if I did that. It hurt me just being a few miles from you. I do think she loved you and she said that you wanted to be with me, I just. There are no words that can explain what she did separating you all, and wish that things could have been different in many ways. I only have had two visits with Poppy when she was real young and it hurts to think I will never see her again.”

He said, letting his heart pour out to his daughter. He loved her, Foxglove and Poppy, though out of the three he knew Maggie was his favorite if only because she looked so much like him and now Memphis, in her little wiggling form was going to continue and he wondered if she too would have the straight stiff mane that Maggie shared with him. Jiva didn’t and he coulnd’t tell with either Heiro or Tasha yet. It would be a while before he could tell if any of Maggie’s three would.

“You are a fine mother just knowing you will nevre part with them. I regret ever day I have missed with you three, and that it wasn’t even my fault, it took her a while to.... well never mind about that. I am just glad that we can now at least share moments like these.”

He was strong, not letting the tears fall, his eyes were clear now and he show his pride in the daughter he had, both daughters, even though Foxglove was so reserved, she was smart enough to stay alive at least.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

<3

“She didn’t even really ask me,” Maggie admitted for the first time in her life.”Lolita just went ‘Would you like to live with your dad?’ when I had only just met you, and … I can’t remember what I said, but I think she got rid of me because she couldn’t stand to look at me. I don’t regret it though. You’re a much more wonderful parent than she ever was, and I’m glad I stayed.” She smiled at her father, who looked the saddest she had ever seen him.

The sight tugged at her heart strings, so she wriggled over to him and gave him a small squeeze around his shoulders. “I sometimes forget I have another sister,” she said without meaning to be callous. “I barely remember what she looks like. I know she was red, like Amaranth, but that’s it. I always played with Foxglove, Poppy was so aloof.” She looked down at her three children, trying to remember what her siblings looked like when they were that size.

”I love you, dad, and I want my children to love you too. I think a trip down south is absolutely necessary; you’ve made the trip up here twice now. I’ll see if Foxglove wants to come too, I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to visit. How is Jiva? Does he still hate me?” She gave a toothy grin to her father, before picking up Houston to give him a closer inspection. “He looks so different than his sisters, I think he’s more dog than wolf,” she commented, imagining what he will look like grown up.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 416 OOC: mumble rumble

Niro could only stay silent for this. He didn’t know what to say but he put his hand on his shoulder and just gave her a meaningful smile. “I would be lost if it weren’t for you children.” He said, and he looked at the infants snuggling up to their mother and smiled more... it was still a shock, him being a grandfather, a grandfather at three, he had been so young when he had the girls, and he never even knew about them until a month or so after they were born. He returned her hug, happy to be near her, visit her and see her children, he wished he could come more often; “She was a quiet little thing, her mother was rather protective of her than of you two, which i find sad, because that little girl probably still lives a sheltered life. You and Foxglove at least got to see past your mother, even if you were forced to and well Foxglove is strong in spirit herself.”

At her proposal he beamed at her, to see them more often than him coming to them, would be a gift no one else could give, and to think if Jiva had pups of his own, would he do the same? He hadn’t seen the boy in so long. He looked down at the puppies and then back to Maggie; “Of course I want them to love and see me, it would be the best thing for this old man.” He chuckled especially at the word old, he was not old, he was in fact still in his prime and ready to take on the world. He looked at the boy that Maggie held up and gave her a sly grin; “I suppose one of them has to look like their father, or he would be asking questions.” It was mostly a jest, and he did shy away just in case she swiped at him in play or otherwise, but he was still smiling himself; “My father would feel shamed at how I have made our tundra blood diluted. Though there’s no use to it, I have not seen another full blood tundra except for my sister here.” He said with a shrug but blood mattered little to him, it mttered more to his father who was all about the bloodlines and keeping them clean and straight, but where they were it was impossible.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

End soon? This thread was fun!

Maggie suddenly didn’t want to talk about her mother anymore. Every time her memory was brought up it was never pleasant, and today was pleasant, so Maggie had no desire to upset her father or herself. Maggie nodded at her father’s words about her siblings. Foxglove was strong in spirit, somehow she wished she could get her blonde sister to see it too. She seemed so fragile and easily broken now… Maggie would do anything she could to help her beloved sister. But those thoughts were too for another day.

Niro’s comment about Houston’s blood made her giggle, though she put her son back down carefully next to Florence. She sighed, and looked at her white daughter. “We’re so far from the tundra, it makes sense that there aren’t any like us here, though your two granddaughters certainly have a lot of tundra in them,” she said, looking at Florence again. “Look!” she said excitedly, incredulous that this was the first time she had noticed this. “She has a little mohawk coming through, too,” Memphis certainly took after the Takekuro look the most, but Florence had a small gray tuft of hair between her ears that made her mother wonder. Would she too carry the Takekuro hawk? Only time would tell.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]