Rousing the Succubus
1. Character Name: Lorri Jade
2. Character Birthdate (including year): August 5, 2006 Happy birthday Lorri!
3. Whether s/he is a regular coyote or a Luperci: latter
4. Species: black-phase coyote
5. Gender: female
6. Your e-mail: cheexpeex@hotmail.com
7. A secondary form of contact (AIM). afrolicaholic
8. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I am god so... you know.[html]
[/html](Optime werecoyote form - Northern tip of Occasus Promontorium - Dawn)
A screaming murder of crows flew over the slumbering body of Lorri. She awoke with a start and came up on her rump with eyes grown swollen in disbelief. "What the fuck?" An ache was growing rhythmically stronger in her jaws and fingers, and as the latter wiggled they felt stiff and crusted in... Lorri looked down. Dry blood matted the fur on her arms.

Still in shock and unsure what to do with this new found freedom she took a closer look at fingers and admired the way they were all ripped and swollen. Her nails looked like serrated knives and she wondered what surface in her captor's cage could have caused this kind of damage. It was obvious she had fallen into desperation to escape the men-wolves, but she could only wonder why and what caused her crescendo to hit then and not a long time ago.

The coyote was still in a state of peaceful shock since her brain could not fathom, much less remember, the events leading up to this cageless morning. It wasn't out of the ordinary to black out and remember nothing, but this twist had her reeling. She muttered something about weeks of wires and walls and fell silent, admiring the scenery without any obstructions before her eyes. Above the stench of her own blood, and a hint of someone else's, the territory's odors were sweet and new. An endless expanse of rocks and grass never before seemed so beautiful.
[html]
Neat avatar. :] And... long time no see! Big Grin

!@#$%The nature of obsession was peculiar. It was strange how an intelligent creature could become so preoccupied with nothing at all. It was even stranger when the doomsday-sayers saw their worst nightmare become a realisation. For all the nuts that sang of the apocalpyse, how many were ever right? Yet when it came--all they could do was puff out their chests and say "I told you so."

!@#$%Everything in Inferni was all fucked up. The ambush that came on the first of the month, the leader's daughter missing... oh, and they had a hostage. Anselm refused to be defeated or hyped up by all of the nonsense, at least outwardly. And so, his daily patrols continued, as did his routines--almost as if nothing had ever gone wrong. That alone was weird.
!@#$%Things were about to get even weirder. The scent of blood triggered a response in his brain not unlike how a nuclear bomb going off triggered mass hysteria. What now? He began moving quickly towards the source, and it did not take long before he spotted her there. A black female coyote, covered in blood. FUCK. Had Haku done this? Rage ripped through him and he could feel his muscles tighten as his jaw clenched shut and his nails tore into the earth as he barrelled along forward. He halfway expected the stupid wolf to be lurking around somewhere, laughing--this had to be his next trick.

!@#$%"Who did this to you?" he demanded, eyes ablaze and hackles arched high. Anselm could look pretty intimidating when he was this riled up--but fortunately for the young female, he was entirely on her side. Funny how species alone could do that. Utterly prepared to tear the culprit apart limb by limb, he glanced around endlessly, searching for the tormentor.
[/html]
Yo Zero! I haven't role played in quite a while. Excuse the cliché character, if things go well the clichéness won't last. XP
edit... and thanks for the comment. Smile[html]
[/html]Lorri confused freedom with solitude thus equated the arrival of some big, instrumental man a threat to her autonomy. He sounded like a savior. That kind of talk sickened Lorri. Suddenly her peace was gone. A glob of reddish spit landed on the dirt at her side and an ungrateful soul reared itself from the dark trench of emotions. She mocked his question with juvenile sarcasm, "Why, so you can share the credit like a good comrade when it's finished?" Though this particular wolf-looking man was unrecognizable for all she knew it was Brote trying to trick her in to a false sense of security. The maddened suspicion in her eyes made it seem this way.

And oh how she wanted to gallantly leap to her feet and tear him into chunks. Fatigue and weakness replaced the usual rope restraints and made her desire an unattainable fantasy. Damn.
[html]

Haha, she can take out pent up rage on Dahlia de Mai. XD

When someone became engrossed in their own thoughts, their mind often raced down various alleys and corridors, twisting and turning around so much that the original idea that sparked the whole thing may be left in the dust. Obviously, speaking aloud after one of these rampages meant any listeners suffered from a disconnect--which was occasionally confusing. "What the fuck are you going on about?" he growled, not even realising he was guilty of the same thing. He was preoccupied with Haku--she was preoccupied with who knew what--and at the end of it all, they were on two totally different pages.
One thing was clear, however--insubordination. Although many of the wolf packs around here seemed to have gotten lax when it came to instinctual displays of submission and domination, these things ran hot in his veins as they did in their ancestors. However long ago that was. "Look, lady, we're in the middle of a war here. I don't have time for this bullshit," he barked, tail elevating behind him as he glared at her. "If you're hoping to find refuge in Inferni you'd better clean up your act," he grumbled. They could always use assistance, but she looked rather beaten and broken to begin with. "Save it for the enemy."
Didn't she realise how many bastard wolves were lurking just outside the border, waiting to tear apart lone coyotes like her? Did she know Inferni's reputation? Did she know that he was a sub leader here, even though he didn't look the part at all? His scent was everywhere--if she stopped to pay attention, she might notice. It was a downright shame he didn't stop to consider these things.
[/html]
Lemme at em![html]
[/html]A war? Inferni? Her turn to wonder. Yet somehow the more convincingly innocent his character grew the more convinced she became this really was Brote trying to freak her mind or some crazy bullshit. He would, too. "I don't believe this madness for a second so don't try to scare me. I'm not the brainwashed little Lorridoll you think I am."

Underneath the built-up layers of caustic attitude her feminine side prayed there would be such a thing as refuge when this confusing meeting was over. The sudden subconscious flattening of her ears was testament to her hidden canine soul and all the natural instincts that came with it. Her eyes were still hard as piss-stained diamonds though.

She brought her fingers up and held them out to show Brote-in-disguise how fucked up they had gotten, "I don't even know how I did it!" Meaning, she didn't know how she managed to escape his cages, but how could the poor stranger know this? She laughed hysterically at him for failing to keep her locked up. The she-coyote rolled onto her back and rocked from beginning to end of spine and holding her belly until the spasms subsided and she had regained sitting composure. But why not just stand up like a "normal" wolf? Lorri could not trust her strength to it, but feared the man would take advantage of such knowledge. Crusted, scabbed fingers sifted through the grass as she feigned interest in it though it pained her to touch the microscopic blades with her already maimed phalanges.
[html]

--

His anger and irritation subsided now as he came to realise one thing: she was insane. He dared to assume that everyone he met would be composed and logical, and he had now been proven wrong. Mistake noted--he wouldn't make it again any time soon. That didn't solve this problem, though. In one fluid move he took a seat, wrapping his tail around neatly as he stared at her. His hackles had settled, and his gaze had gone from hard to blank. Inside, though, his mind was racing.
Even after the crazed cackling and maniacal thrashing had subsided, he could still hear it in his ears and see it in his head. The fact that she was now sitting there playing with the grass like nothing was wrong made it all the weirder. And she didn't know how she'd gotten so injured??? Well--unfortunately, there was no reasoning with the insane. He was determined to try anyway. After a long while of silence, he finally cast her a funny look and rose again to his feet.
"Look, I don't know whoyou think I am, but all I think of you is that you're batshit insane. Now, that aside, it's not like there ain't a fair share of that here already. If you want to stay, say something now... or else I'm going to be on my way, and if you come inside our border you will be considered a trespasser. That's not exactly something you want." He didn't care if she went on to do this insane moping elsewhere, but hanging around the border was bound to draw attention--something he wished to avoid. Regardless of her decision, he had every intent of alerting Gabriel to this.. situation.
[/html]
[html]
[/html]She stopped breathing when he sat and only resumed it when he stood again. His words made Lorri tingle in her helplessly stuck position. She realized the only thing left to do was take a leap of faith, but she wasn't quite ready to act upon it... "I am not crazy. It's so lovely to be free now I can hardly operate."

She felt so hot between the fervent fires of suspicion and hope it made her shake. She gazed intently upon maybe-Brote-maybe-not-Brote and tried to convince herself it wasn't him. "You better not be that god damned asshole! I want the refuge you speak of, but not if it's another trap."

She did not want to test the male further but just then something entered her mind that possibly would. She couldn't believe she hadn't thought of it before! She felt so foolish, but relieved, and stopped shaking in order to ask in a calm and polite tone, "Can I see the bottom of your left rear foot?" Brote had a single missing pad on one of his toes and she knew it because she was the one who chewed it off. Haha, served that bastard right! She thought vengefully.
[html]

W00t. I'll post to have you titled and stuff; you can go post places now. But we should probably have at least a couple more replies here so that everyone knows what's going on IC. XD;

Anselm had never met someone before who managed to catapult from one persona to the next so quickly--nor had he met anybody that made him change his mind so damn much. He was used to looking at someone and figuring them out; it was practically an innate ability for him. This girl, though, had managed to clog up the sensors or something and now the radar was all out of whack. She'd gone from the victim, to the crazy lady, and now she was back at stage one. Well, being abused could do that. Maybe she wasn't as bad as he had thought. That was extremely reassuring, honestly.
As for her request, he flat out refused to turn his back on this girl. She appeared rather battered and weak, but appearances could be deceiving--and she was shifted, and he was only halfway there. Instead, he took a seat again. This time, he did not sit as properly, but he used his butt as a tripod of sorts so that his hind feet were free. He angled them both toward her, just in case. After he decided she'd had enough time to gawk at his feet, he decided it was time to keep moving forward--figuratively, of course.
"Well, for what it's worth I'm sorry that you were... captured? but you must understand that it is critical I know who did this to you. Was it Dahlia de Mai? They've already taken a hostage from here"--it was difficult to say this, knowing that he had failed--"and I wouldn't be surprised if they mistook you for one of us. If it was someone else, I need to know if they'll be making further trouble with us. And either way you slice it, if you stay here you need to get yourself better so you're ready to fight. Trouble's always knocking at the door.
"I'm Anselm."

Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]
[/html]By mere acceptance of her odd request there was really no need for examination of odorous body parts, but she gave his left foot a hard glare to at least make it feel worth his while. All his squishy paw pads shined gloriously in the young sunlight. It put an acute grin on her face that lasted even after he put his feet down and began talking about the going-ons of this mystery war. "For fuck's sake I don't even know how I got here, much less why I'm making friends with the likes of a wolf ...or whatever you are. For all you and I know the enemies knocked me out to secretly infect me with rabies and sent me here to infiltrate and destroy all of Inferni!" The joke turned her cute little smile in to a savage, fang-bearing snicker, "Ticking Time Bomb Lorri at your service, Anselm. I'm honored, but... I'd like to not sit in a pool of blood any longer. Where could I wash?" She began the slow process of licking herself clean but it was obvious only going to do but so much good until she could get to a water source.
[html]

Feel free to fade out here or continue/powerplay them walking, up to you!

So that was part of the problem, was it? Amnesia, coupled with an inherent distrust of his species. "Well, if you remember anything let me know. Anyway, I am mostly wolf, and I think my cousin who leads here is at least half, too. Either way, we've gotten the worst of it for what little coyote blood we do have... which is why we're here, not somewhere else." As for the rabies thing, he had no comment. Maybe she was trying to be funny, but given her zany mannerisms he wasn't sure if it was the best thing to be joking about. Then again, she didn't seem rabid. She wanted to go to water, and rabid animals had hydrophobia. Okay.
"Alright, let's go. For your reference, the caves we use for dens are all further southwest. There's a larger river even beyond that, but we'll just go to a spring for now." With that, he turned and oriented himself in the direction of the spring. It wouldn't be too long of a hike--much less so than going all the way to the sea or near the Ravine. Anselm knew his way around very well, anyway, and he'd be sure to take the shortest path possible. If she was lucky, he might just catch her a fish or something, too--she seemed like she could use it.
[/html]
[html]
[/html]Lorri noted him and shrugged. She couldn't see a reason to hate wolves unless they were like Brote or any of his dim-witted accomplices. Anselm, and hopefully leader too, did not fit the role of asshole captor. "Eh, ok." She even felt remorse for the half-n-half's genetic misfortune.

Lorri heard "Let's go" and tried her strength for the first time since coming to. She breathed a sigh of relief as her legs worked, though they felt painfully asleep for the first few minutes of walking. Lorri felt strangely content to thrust herself into the heart of a society at war that she had zero knowledge about ...right after being freed from some pretty traumatic mental anguish.

And so another interesting chapter had revealed itself.