LOVEactually.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Cutesy thread. No rush. wc: 382

Water splashed loudly against the wooden basin. It sparkled and glistened despite the slate skies and it deemed a brown, polished color due to its container. Khaden carefully balanced the basin on a nearby flat rock as he leaned down to the lake and pushed his shifted arms beneath the surface. Cupping his digits around the fluid material, he pushed the water towards his face, refreshing his features by the cooling liquid. Immediately, his body felt a thousand times better and in response he picked his body up from the ground and stretched out to the graying sky letting his limbs and body reach out against the crisp morning atmosphere. He had spent much of his time with Ember in her room up in Haven Manor. he had helped Naniko with any of the supplies she needed, replenishing bandages or herbs that might be needed.

Settling back down, he picked up the rabbit he had already hunted in one paw, and the basin of fresh water in the next, and he gingerly walked back to the Manor in order to see Ember. She had been healing well, despite the attempted suicide and other mars against her body seemed to be severe when he had first found her and Cercelee in Halifax. With his sister-in-law's help, it seemed like Ember was on the fast track to a speedy recovery. This excited him on one hand, but gave him a depressant in the other. He was glad that Ember was to stay in Twilight Vale due to her health, and it was far easier to go home and see her rather than trek out to the hostile terrain of Dahlia de Mai, especially with the word of war up in the air. With her wounds, it took her away from all of that, and allowed her to be in peace outside of the war, and her alleged sister.

Shuffling the materials in his hands, he casually picked up some fresh bandages and gauzes from the table downstairs and, taking the steps two by two, Khaden soon rounded around the corner to push past the door that barred him between Ember's room. With a smile on his face, he greeted the room. "Morning! I brought you some breakfast and some other stuff."
[/html]
[html]

She didn't like feeling useless; it was one of her pet peeves. She had been told to stay in bed, but other than her arm she felt perfectly fine. It ached and ached, even when she wasn't moving it at all. Naniko had managed to get her a sling so that when she wanted to be active she still could be without moving her arm around too much.

The yearling stood near the window, looking outside. She hadn't left the house since he had brought her here, not wanting to worry him or Naniko. But she knew she couldn't stay here forever. She got up onto a stool, taking a rag and rubbing at the window. It was a little dusty, and she knew that Nani couldn't reach wayy up there any more.

She wasn't facing toward the door, but when she heard his voice she turned around, jumping down off of the stool. "Wow. I really, really appreciate it. I haven't really had time to eat lately, been..busy running and stuff. Everything here is so relaxed"

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... c2b4-1.jpg); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
wc: 301
To see her there gave Khaden something to smile about as he swept over the floor towards Ember. He deposited the rabbit and all the supplies on the nearby table before greeting the femme with a quick, friendly half-hug, mindful of her injuries. Ever since Ember had been around Twilight Vale, and he saw her more often, he felt as if he was getting closer and closer to her. Her comment made him laugh in that good natured way. "Well, that's why I brought you here. You need to relax a bit. Take a little vacation away from everything, y'know?" He mused as he tore a bit of the rabbit and popped it in his mouth as he placed himself on the bedside. His goofy nature subsided just slightly as he regarded the ebony female, cocking his head to the side as he approached the subject.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, ready to react with any sort of medicines or fresh bandages if necessary. "Is your arm doing okay?" He nodded towards it. Ever since he picked her up he had been keeping a close eye on her actions and reactions to certain things. He had tucked his protectiveness underneath that goofy display, but still, attempted suicide was nothing to forget about so easily. He was sure that her behavior was just spur of the moment, but he wanted to make sure that he was there just in case anything else happened.
[/html]
[html]

"It feels better" Saying that it hurt wouldn't change anything, and she didn't want him to worry. Plus, then she wouldn't feel as bad when she left, if he thought everything was okay. She could pretend for long enough to try and make him believe it. Maybe, eventually, she'd start to believe that she was okay too. For the longest time she had felt very alone, especially when she had been living in Dahlia de Mai. Her only pack-friend, Cercelee, had been in Twilight Vale....so whenever she'd gone home she had just gone to her den and gone to sleep, and then left again the next morning.

Not much of a pack life. She wanted to live somewhere where she wouldn't have to be afraid of going outside and wandering around the lands, of sitting down and enjoying the sunset from a spot in her own pack territory. Ember felt so stupid for making Khaden worry about her, Cercelee too. She had thought that she would just be able to do it and that no one would be any the wiser...she hadn't expected that either of them would come across her.

The weight of everything in her life had just been too much for her to handle. She wished, now more than ever, that her fatherwas here. He'd always said the things that made her feel better...when she was missing her mom he had reminded her that Iskata would be back soon, and whenever she'd felt sick or upset about something he was always there by her side, helping her. Firefly had called her a "daddy's girl" and thought that she was a spoiled brat.

When he hugged her she couldn't help but smile. He was her only friend, really, besides Cercelee...but Ember couldn't count family. She counted Naniko as a part of the family too, as her mother had adopted the older wolf into the Sadiras before Ember had even been born. She wrapped her good arm around him, breathing in his comforting smell. Khaden always smelled really good to her; she wasn't sure what it was. When he let go of her she followed him to the bed, sitting down next to the meal and bandages. "I think it could use a fresh bandage, but I can almost do it by myself now" She'd learned how to wrap it right. Ember felt like he was waiting for her to do something, eat maybe, so she pulled off one of the rabbit's hind legs, bringing it up to her mouth and tearing some off.

[/html]
[html]

out of character

Very Across The Universe inspired table. >_>

in character

Sitting on her temporary bed, Khaden showed interest that she said that her arm felt better. He knew that she was probably exaggerating, but taking a very intent sidelong glance at her bandaged arm and how it hung, he knew it was healing nicely. And it should, the Aatte boy and Naniko had been working off and on that arm for ages it seemed, but in all honesty, he liked it that way. He liked knowing that Ember was just across the hallway from him, he liked feeling as if he was some integral part of her healing process. He knew that was a selfish part of him talking, but to have her so intimately close in Twilight Vale's Manor was something of a guilty pleasure to him.

He shifted over just slightly so Ember could have a bit more room on the bed. It seemed like the bed itself was indented where Khaden had his spot and Ember had hers. Even at the edge, where he had sat and watched listlessly as Ember stayed bedridden during those days. He felt as if he had spent a lifetime in this exact room, but at the same time, it only felt as if it was merely yesterday since he had first met the wonderful wolfess. Her words brought a sense of pride, knowing that she was learning, that she was getting better enough to do her own bandages, getting back to her own life. He beamed upon her as she snacked on a piece of rabbit, picking up the bandages and nodding at her to begin to undo the current ones.

Doing so, a leaf of pitch mane brushed against his chest, and he lifted digits to push it away impatiently, touching over a hard, warmed material that rested against his neck. Eyes widening he remembered it now, he had finished it the night that he had found her. Dropping the bandages in a hurry, he grasped the clasp of the crystal necklace, and taken it off of his body and lifted it high into the air, so that each facet could catch the grey light. "I..." He said softly, watching at each crystal turned slightly, providing the room with little rainbows as it went. "I made this for you, a while ago."
[/html]
[html]

There were some days that she felt a lot better, like things around her were sharper and more in focus. She could see every single detail, every single bit of each thing around her, and remember it. But other days she felt like things just moved around her in a blur...she didn't notice who was standing by her bed, who was pulling on her arm, who was talking to her. Those days she slept a lot. Ember had noticed the necklace on him today--it had been hard not to--but hadn't been sure of whether it was a change from how he usually looked...whether he wore it all the time or not.

She began untwining the long bandage from her arm, tossing it down onto the floor. She didn't want to get blood all over the bed, if anything ripped open. Sometimes when she took the bandages off the cuts would pull, and open up and start bleeding again.

"Hm?" He said something and she looked up. Ember hadn't realized that he was taking the necklace off. Light bounced off the crystals in all different directions, occasionally catching her right in the eyes...but she couldn't stop looking at it. Now that it was up in the air she could see how the light went through parts of it, reflected off parts of it...She did speak, after a short while, but it wasn't what she had expected would come out. Thank you, thanks, I love it..."Why?"

He'd been so great over the last couple of days, and she wanted desperately to believe that he was serious in his actions...but she couldn't. Why would someone want to be around her so badly? There was nothing good or special about her--she was as plain as any other wolf. Ember was used to wolves coming and going from her life, and it didn't make sense to her that one would want to stay...especially if she was the only reason. "Why would you...make me something?"

[/html]
[html]

out of character

D'awh, poor teenage lovers.

in character

Hands held high, holding the jewelry that he had worked on for hours aloft in the bedroom's sky. He remembered when he had found them, in some wealthy building in the heart of Halifax city. Ever since he found them, he had been in his room, slowly drilling holes into what he had polished. He knew it wasn't much, but for some odd reason, it called to him. He had found some sort of peace in putting his work into that necklace, knowing that it was in her name. And as she questioned it, his ear flicked towards her, and he seemed to work into moving towards her direction. A goofy smile still alit on his face, as if someone forgot to wipe up the smear off of it. He regarded Ember and her reaction towards it.

Embarrassment burned through his body, flushing his face as a slow burn as she gave her response to him. Lowering his hands down, the necklace dropped, slack, against his lap as he looked away. It was a stupid idea, and he knew she wouldn't have liked it. "I thought you might've liked it." He said, realizing as he said it how stupid the words must've sounded coming from his muzzle. Scratching the back of his head, he shrugged and turned towards Ember, trying to forget the situation, forget and move on that he was such a blundering idiot. "Lemme help you with those bandages."
[/html]
[html]

Her ears flicked back, then forward again as she thought. She and Khaden...they were friends. Maybe it was all right for friends to give each other things. No one had ever given her anything before Khaden had come along, especially not something that they had caught or made with their own two hands. Of course her parents had brought her food and other things that she had needed...but that was different. She let go of the end of another bandage, letting it fall down onto the floor as well.

This type of social situation was one that she hadn't ever been in. He was a wolf of her age, unrelated, a friend...and he was offering her something. "That's not what I meant. The way it came out, I mean...I just..." She frowned. "I've never had a friend like you before. All my other friends are family members--and you're not one, so I don't know sometimes...what...uh, to do or say around you" And that was the beauty of it--the risk. Ember wasn't worried about upsetting someone in her family, because they would take it. They were family. But Khaden was different. "It's so beautiful, too. I didn't know why you would want to give it up."

It was obvious that she'd upset him, and she scooted closer to him, her mind zooming in a frenzied attempt to come up with something corrective to say. "I really like it. How did you make it?"

[/html]
[html]

out of character

Khaden reminds me of a girl sometimes. xDD

in character

Khaden had always attempted to pride himself in the fact that he knew a bit more about the world around him despite his age. He had gone traveling across unclaimed lands, he had gone through Dhalia, gone through being that starved puppy that some packs sympathized with, and others found an easy target to torture. He had experienced different people from all walks of life, all the way down to these interesting species of different canines - dogs. He had met and reveled in the passing friendship of so many different personas that he was ultimately confused when it truly came to this one.

Khaden's genuine like for her was obvious enough, their chemistry was compatible, and he truly enjoyed her company. But something else entirely made up a large portion of their relationship, and the Aatte boy could not figure out what that was. As she spoke, he furrowed his brow, and nodded absently. What she seemed to be saying somehow replicated how he was thinking - well, without the family members thing. He truly did not know how to act around Ember, but weirdly enough, he felt like however the hell he acted, it was truly him. Dazed and confused by this paradox, he gave a slight smile towards Ember as she made her comments about the necklace.

"Y'think so?" He said, a little chuckle escaping him, perhaps because of the nervousness in the situation. "I saw some of these rocks up in Halifax, and I thought they looked decent enough." Lifting his eyes and with it the necklace, he furrowed his brows once again, before pushing digits on opposite end of the strand, and hooking it around Ember's neck. His hand grazing her body so made him confused once again, feelings that were unidentifiable pulsing through his system. His touch seemed to linger there, as if not entirely certain what to do next, before he placed them down again, close to his body, unsure of how she would feel about that intrusion.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She had only ever really stayed around the packlands. The one time that she had decided to leave was when the fires had started...and when she'd seen the smoke on the horizon she had turned tail and headed back home...like the good little girl she was. She could sort of see why Firefly didn't like her very much--she wasn't adventerous or brave or anything like that. She was content with staying inside the lands.

"I do like it" She affirmed. It sat a little oddly over her slinged arm, but she thought that it looked beautiful. His hands rested on her shoulders for a few seconds longer than it took to hook the necklace together and she looked up at him curiously.

"We should...sit down and eat"

[/html]
[html]

out of character

Done.

in character

It made Khaden truly happy that she liked it, and he thought it looked nothing short of gorgeous around her neck, but as she looked up at him, her gorgeous eyes set onto his, twin green reflecting his own before her words forced him to snap out of it and look away, abashed. He nodded at her statement, taking a few bites to eat again out of the rabbit he had gotten for her before he got up and stretched out his shifted body. "Uh, it's been wonderful to hang out with you." He said, really unsure of how to truly react around her, but knowing that every second he liked it, and he couldn't figure out why. "But I have to... go." He shuffled his feet, and laughed, watching her. "I'll be back soon though." And off he went.
[/html]