Wading in Shallow Waters
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Something was on the rise, yet her mind could not tell what it was. Her sense were keen to it, just as they were sharp to the movements of an opponent, or as fine tuned to the changes in the wind. But the tickled sense was not of touch, sight, sound, taste or smell, but it was 'felt' internally receiving what the forces that be would gift to her. It sent a chill down her spine to feel but not know...to not understand. She looked to X'ies in silence. Her ears were drawn forward and listening but not only to his immediate words but his tone... cold and logical, but more.

He denied now what she had hoped he would consider with time, the opportunity to recapture what they as traditional Nomads had been robbed of. But it did not mean he would permanently close himself off from it in the future. And in a form, she was glad for it. Yet she was glad too that he would remain as he was. Complications, conflicts and all.

As he parted from the water she felt as though something was missed... or perhaps overlooked. Had her silence said something other? Her maw parted as she made to inquire but was stunned to silence by the recited words of their Family. Regardless of their separate family, what skill they partook in, the Nomads knew of these words as well as their own name. And to hear them stirred a familiar comfort she had once thought would never be reclaimed. It was the comfort of home though she was very far away.

"I need no shield, my will is my defense. I need no sword...my body is my weapon..." Smiling, she looked to her friend, recalling as how a youth those words meant little until she came to understand the power behind them.

"...I need no heart. My enemy is my mortality..."

319 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;