Don't be afraid of the dark.
"People always used to say don't be afraid of the dark just be afraid of whats in it. Well This saying is completely true." Lance thought to himself. The noises and and the constant threat of the unknowing darkness has kept Lance awake for almost three nights now. Lance doesn't know what sparked this fright be he knows if he doesn't find someone else soon then he may never sleep again.

He was deep into some unknown woods after wandering for days.He didn't know what the sounds in the woods were but he knew what the sound was that his stomach was making. He was starving. "i haven't ate since two days ago" Lance began to ponder but lance knew he wouldn't be able to find any food. His hunting skills were even below novice and he didn't know the first thing about what plants and berries were poisonous or not. So Lance decided to focus on the sound of his stomach to drown out the sound of the unknown in the woods. After a short time Lance was able to get what felt like to him, the best sleep he had ever had.
Don't mind if I join?

[html]

Word Count → 1822 :: Out of Character text

Aethusa padded around the dark forest, she suddenly picked up the scent of prey. "Good, I'm starving." She chuckled and started to trot along side the scent trail. There had been absolutely no food around here in a long time. Although Aethusa kept herself well fed on grass when she was hungry. She suddenly crouched down, she had been taught by her parents how to hunt before she lost her memory. She started to stalk forward as the small doe grazed, the others in the herd hadn't heard or smelled her yet mostly because she was down wind. Her eyes blazed, Aethusa could tell this doe was weak. Then when the doe raised it's head she had and opening for it's neck and lunged! The doe bounded away the herd left her behind, she ran from Aethusa as fast as she could in till they came to a river, the current was very strong. The dark wolf growled, her eyes glowing in the night. Then the doe reared up giving Aethusa the opening for the neck. She grabbed it and bit down hard. Aethusa came up to the doe's shoulders anyways so it wasn't that far of a jump. The die struggled, but once Aethusa had her grip she was not letting go.

Aethusa could hear the heart beat of the doe start to slow as her victim tried to gasp for air, then she lay down on her side and closed her eyes, still gasping for air she finally gave in."This will last me a few days." She licked the blood off her chops and started to trot into the forest. Suddenly she heard a slumbering wolf. "Strange." Her ears perked up and she turned to where the sound was coming from, suddenly she came upon Lance. "Hello?" She barked dropping her prey to the ground. Maybe he'll smell the deer and wake up. She thought as she dragged her prey over dropping it right in front of his nose. Aethusa was rarely this friendly to s stranger.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:new times roman font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 95px 0px 0px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... plate2.png); background-repeat:repeat-y; background-position: top right;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
The smell of blood flooded Lance's dreams."This smell is almost real. Wait is it real?" He awoke in front of a dead deer with bite marks across its neck. Lance stumbled up screaming."What the...Who would do this?" He looked up to see a female wolf staring at her. The first thing that cam to his mind was "She could have killed me!" He took this hard and thought that he must never drop his defenses. He then turned his attention to figuring out the her intentions."What's your name and what do you want?" He said with a demanding voice. While speaking he reached behind his back and grabbed a blunt rock hoping that he won't have to use it.
"Whoa!" Aethusa put up her hands. "Dude chill, My names Aethusa nice to meet you." She stuck out her hand. She could feel her grip tighten, she didn't want to be a major threat to this wolf. "I brought you some meat. I happened to stumble upon you, ya know, you shouldn't put down your guard even if your sleeping." She pointed out, her calm voice cracking. She ripped off a piece of flesh and handed it to the wolf. "What's your name?" She smiled, tearing her off a piece of meat and ate it. She set his piece of meat down in front of him. She chewed, it felt like forever since she had tasted the nice, fresh, juicy, and tender meat. She sighed. She looked down at her piece of meat and then glanced up at the wolf. Showed off her odd eye coloration. "Hey, I'm sorry if I startled you." She them stuffed the last bit of meat in her mouth and crossed her arms. Still chewing. She blinked slowly. Her ears twitching, nose sniffing. This was Aethusa's way of getting in the scent of this wolf. Yes, she had a strange way of doing things, but she would obey the other wolf's ways and respect them in any way possible. You would think was quite the solitary wolf, but she hated waking up to loneliness, and falling asleep to it as well.
So she didn't mean any harm and she brought food"Well she can't be that bad." He decided that he should keep his guard up in his sleep."Well it's alright. It's my fault for overreacting and thanks for the meat." He took a bite of the meat and began to think how amazing it tasted. Then he focused back on the wolf. So what are you doing around these parts? Also, this may sound crazy but can you hang for a while?I have not had any company for a while and it gets extremely lonely?"
Aethusa chuckled. "No problem I can stick around! I don't like being alone that much either, although at the moment I am a loner." She ripped off another bit of deer. She was sort of thirsty. "Would you like some water?" She asked. "I know where a river is. The deer will last us a few more days. A week if we skip breakfast tomorrow." She stood up, tore off another piece of deer for Lance, and threw the deer over her shoulder. "C'mon let's get some water." She winked, and flicked her tail as she walked off. She could smell the water. Her mouth water at the smell of water, what a tongue twister. She thought with a chuckle.

Sorry if this post doesn't have 200 words Sad
OOC-Its ok i really don't follow that rule most of the time
_________________________________________________________________________________

Lane replied"Well yeah some water would really hit the spot." He then pulled out two small canteens,"I found these a few months ago. Maybe we can use them,i mean it's better then having to stick next to water everywhere you travel." he tossed a bottle to Aethusa. He then stood up and proceeded to shake himself till he was fully awake and ate his other piece of deer meat."Well lead the way. Also, i cant thank you enough for the meat,I promise i will pay you back." he said with a smile as he thought how exactly he could pay her back
Aethusa caught the canteen.
"No problem." She replied coolly. How exactly is he going to repay me? She thought. The fur blew in the wind, she was going up wind. She suddenly picked up the pace. "C'mon let's find some shelter before some predator wants to have my catch." She said letting the water flow into the canteen. "I can smell a storm coming anyways." She stared up at the stormy clouds. Her eyes flashing as she heard some thunder. "Hurry." She barked and then scouted around she saw a pile of rocks, maybe left by humans. She ran over to it and got into one of the broken down buildings.
The sudden commanding voice of the female surprised him but he guessed that was the right ti=one fir the situation. Lance then followed Aethusa under the pile of rocks."Lucky you spotted this, don't know if you've figured it out yet but i don't think I would be able to fight off a predator. You see i'm not a very good fighter. I've never had to and i hope I never have to" Lance then thought about having to fight something and having to be saved by a female."Maybe now is a good time to learn to fight." Then lance had a sudden idea."I know how i can pay you back!" He reached into his backpack and pulled out out a sharp arrowhead like rock. He then puled out a bundle of strong rope, and continued to go into the forest and brought back a straight stick that was about 3 1/2 foot long. He began to tinker with the objects until he produced a spear."Here take it.I may not know how to fight but i know a thing or two about weapons." Lance felt better knowing he could contribute. He then pulled out a small knife from his pack for himself.

"Hope we don't have to use these huh."
Aethusa was surprised. "Quite the talent!" She chuckled. Then she studied the object. "Do you think you can make a bow and arrow?" She replied. Suddenly the thunder cracked, the lightning flashed, and the rain began to pour. She grabbed to stones out of the pile of rubble and sat down beside Lance. "Watch." She leaned up to a pile of sticks that were lying in front of them. She ignited the fire with the stones. She sat them down to the side of her. She wondered if Lance had ever been in a pack. "Yo, Lance." She paused. "Have you ever been in a pack?" She asked turning her gaze towards him as the fire made her fur glow as well as her eyes.
"Thanks and you know,i have never tried to make a bow. It'll have to wait though. Won't be able to find any dry sticks in this rain."Then he watched as she was able to ignite a fire with just stones and sticks."Well i thought i had a talent!" He said grinning. Then he heard her ask if he had ever been in a pack." Well when i was a cub i was but that was a while ago and I don't think that counts.""Well no. Actually I haven't had any contact with anybody until you came around. So have you ever been in a pack?'

While he waited for a answer Lance saw Aethusa's eyes and fur glow in the fire. He was glad to have company and he couldn't ask for any better. She was smart,tough, and shall he say beautiful. He hoped she would journey with him and provide him with company for as long as possible.
"Well, I might join New Dawn, I have my hopes set on that pack." She chuckled lightly but you could see something grim in her expression as she gazed into the fire. "I've never been in a pack before, My family was my only pack." She nodded. Thinking about them you could tell something bad had happened between them. She wrapped her arms around her legs to keep her warm. She sighed and closed her eyes.

She never liked to talk with wolves about her past but Lance was an exception. "They were sucked into a tornado while they tried to save my brother. I'm guessing he's still out there because he pushed them in, the last thing I saw before I lost my memory was his wicked crazed grin then I got hit in the head with a rock, and I have little flash backs here and there." She tried not to cry. How would've the sweet caring brother turn into such a monster? She thought as she watched the rain out side fall on to the ground.
The story sent chills down his spine"How could anyone live knowing that? That her brother killed her mom and dad! To tell the truth, Lance was more angered by this story then sad but he had to help Aethusa feel better about him. He is still her brother." Well they say survival can make any sane man go mad. I am so sorry for your loss to, but we can't linger on this so lets try not to go to sleep mad ok." He thought of how anything could make the tension go away." I know how about tell you a true story I heard?"
"Sure, I guess your right!" Aethusa chuckled trying to lighten up. She loved stories, especially true ones. "So what is it?" Her tail wagged. She liked something else besides depressing pasts on the brain. Her hand slipped down to her ankle to loses the band keeping her dagger stable and close, then she took it off for the night. " what's the story about?" She asked her gaze still fixed on the blazing flames. She put her dagger to the side and put her hands over the flames to warm them.
Okay, here it goes. This is about a young wolf trying to survive but failing. Yet he finally his luck caught up to him. The story takes place not long ago in forest just like this. There lay a wolf about 10 months old.He was alone a hungry and despite his efforts he could never find food. He had not eaten for almost a week. The loneliness and hunger had drove him into a constant state of fear. He lay one night in the dark scared out of his wits. He began to talk to himself to try and calm down with no avail. So the wolf decided to just listen to the growl of his stomach until sleep finally came over him. He slept great until the scent of blood entered his nose. He awoke to a dead deer in front of him. This was not how he expected to wake up. He looked up to find a beautiful young wolf looking at him and i do believe you know the rest of the story." Lance finished with a grin not believing he had actually said that. He turned around and began to lay down hoping that Aethusa had not been paying attention.
Aethusa was observant of everything around her, and she was listening. "Hey... your that wolf and I'm the..." SHe blushed, she really didn't consider herself beautiful because of her scar that streaked across her face, she was surprised he hadn't really noticed it yet, or had he? Her fur bristled, and her grip tightened. She began to grow hot and sweaty, her face growing red and her heart beating faster. She couldn't believe he actually had said this. She wasn't offended or anything she was just flattered, maybe a little bit more than flattered. Her eyes we're wide. Her bangs falling into her face as her feathers seemed to bristle with her fur. She sighed just trying to calm herself down.
"Well yeah it's about us." Lance said sheepishly. After he had told the story he could see that 'thusa face turned red and she seemed to get hot."Either she really like it or I offended her.Well I'll find out in the morning." Lance grabbed the last item in his backpack which was 3 blankets.Here I noticed you were cold." Lance tossed her 2 of the 3 blankets."If you don't mind I think i'm going to turn in. Unless you want to go do something"After Lance said this he realized what it sounded like.He got extremely embarrassed. I mean like try to find some more wood or something.' Lance's face grew almost as red as hers. He waited for her answer still wondering how the story affected her.
"I uh, really liked the story." She chuckled still embarrassed. Wrapping the blanket around her. She had a loss of words. She really didn't know what to say. Aethusa could be easily offended but she didn't see the story as an offense. She thought it was sweet. Her tail was slowly wagging with glee. "You know I don't think we really need anymore fire wood." She protested, she didn't feel like Lance should go something out there was big, and it was looking for the deer that was right beside Aethusa. "There's something out there." Her hackles rose. Maybe it was a bear, it couldn't be a cougar because cougars are smaller in height. Bears are just a little bit taller than wolves, but much stronger, but lucky for Aethusa as the moment she was in Lepurci form. "I think it's a bear." She sniffed the air.
"A bear? Lance was couldn't think. He has only seen a bear about 3 times but he knew they were dangerous. How could they fight off a bear?" Well I guess i'm finally going to get to fight." Lance chuckled nervously. He always tried to laugh in situations like this to help ease the tension.

"Well I think we have some more wood. Lance then tore off a piece of his shirt and grabbed a piece of wood about 1 foot long. He then wrapped the cloth around the stick and stuck it into the fire. "I guess I can take a look at this then. You wanna come. I can make you a torch to." Lance knew the torch wasn't for light. If there was one thing he knew about fighting it's that nobody likes getting hit in the face with fire. Also, the torch is a much better weapon then his small knife.

"If you want you can heat the tip of that spear up. Make it hurt a lot more." Lance began to realize how ready he was for this." Well this doesn't seem to hard. Just hope fighting a bear is has easy as this.
Aethusa chuckled and shook her head. Then stood up. "Your torch and my spear ain't gonna hurt this thing. We have better chances at running if it attacks." She replied. Aethusa's hackles rose as a roar shattered the forest. She heated the tip of her spear. "Get behind me!" She pushed Lance behind her and stuck the spear out. She looked around into her dark surroundings. She saw a pair of glowing eyes approaching. Then another roar arose into the night, it was coming from the beast.