Manly Men
[html]
Word Count :: 321 OOC: Any time of day and he is in lupus form.

Jiva believed things were going quite well. He had a mate. and she was as beautiful as ever, he had a home, and his family was all together and well, yet something deep down inside him nagged at him. The meeting the other day made him think in ways he hadn’t in wasy he never thought he would. He figured if something like this like another war would make him run off like it did when he lived in the miracles pack... but it didn’t. He wanted to stand, to fight for the pack that he came to, to make sure his mate was well, his alphas were protected and his pack brothers and sister kept in one piece.

However Jiva found himself taking a long walk, one that took him out of his territory, though he had no intentions of running off. His mind wandered and before he knew it he was off the mountainside and from where he stood now he was quite close to Amherst. The building spires rose up from the distance he could see. He closed his eyes wondering, should he try to find something for his mate? He decided against it. She thought she had to get him something after his circlet present and then the bird he had found wounded was given as a companion. She thought she still owed him for that. She had given him three fine knives one of which he kept on him, in a small leg sheath that seemed to work well enough for both optime and lupine forms. It was strapped to his leg, quite visible as he loped down the last hill before flatland. He sighed wondering why his thoughts would bring him so far out here where his mate was nowhere near. Then again he knew they both needed a break from always being near one another no matter how much he loved her.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → :: OoC: That title made me lol so hard, and this Clicky! is why...Because I can totally see Alister doing this...>.<

If ever a time a dog was to be seen around the pack of New Dawn, this was not it. He’d learned that earlier upon meeting the wolfess Fayne. Great, another group of wolves with a superiority complex. He thought begrudgingly as he gazed in the direction of the border. There he’d sat, minding his own business when the silver woman greeted him with unease and suspicion. He hadn’t missed the path of her eyes as they took in the sight of him; clothed and armed with sword and shield. She didn’t like what she saw, that was obvious, painfully so, but he’d been doing nothing to raise an alarm. Okay, maybe his shouting hadn’t been the most endearing thing to overhear, but it had been directed at himself. He, who’d been foolishly consulting a map that was upside down. It’s not like he’d been a stellar navigator to begin with. He was surprised the brother’s hadn’t laughed at him when he told them he was heading to Nova Scotia. Maybe because they’d half expected him to show up again a week later caked in mud, raving about some mishap or another that ended him back where he started. Be it fortunate or unfortunate (being far too early to decide one or the other), he’d ended up close to where he’d been meaning to go.

The slanted roofs and cracked asphalt of the city he found more to his liking, thinking he may find a decent enough shelter lining the grass choked city streets. He’d at least be able to see anyone approaching, and have enough privacy in the meantime. It was better than the muck he’d been trampling for starters. If he was lucky he may find something of use for his travels. He shrugged his shield higher up on his back and tread onwards towards the abandoned city. If he was remembering correctly the city was called Amherst, but he could be wrong. He was wrong so often these days, ever since he’d left home…Not that it had felt particularly ‘homely.’ If anything, the wolves were glad to be rid of the bastard hybrid. Nothing here was familiar to him, and he found the tattered map he’d taken with him was of little to no use here post-apocalyptic Nova Scotia.

On his way there he caught sight of a red and brown blur coming towards him. His keen nose extended forwards, taking a tentative sniff, and surprisingly the man that drew near was similar to himself. Part dog, part wolf, the hybrid pushed away the lump of anxiety that has risen in his throat and stopped to hail the passer-by. “Ho, there, friend!” He called out amiably.

<style>
.alisterheraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.alisterheraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.alisterheraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.alisterheraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 212 OOC: sorry it's so short <3

There in a short distance he saw the a man hailing him. He slowed to a halt and tilted his head, though he greeted him with a wary, slow smile. This was not the coyote who had attacked Palaydrian nor was he female, but he did not receive him as warmly as he would if he had not gotten the news about the woman who plagued the pack. He nodded.

“Hello sir, I’m Jiva Takekuro, is there something I can help you with?”

His tail curled a little over his back as he gave a short wag. Unlike many of his brothers he was not as quick to offend. He lived in human habitats and had an affinity for human things but he did like living like his wild ancestors did. Though he did keep up with making sure they were as healthy as they cood by learning the healing skills, which was what made him the happiest right now in most everything he did. He looked the man up and down. He was one to wear clothes and he eyed the mans’ sword and shield with odd interest, but he made no move to it nor question about it. He’d get on with the greetings first.

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count ::

No problem <3 And he's a babbler, just a heads up xP

The man seemed less uptight as he

approached the Callow hybrid, although as Jiva neared the scent of New Dawn came to Alister; a bitter

recollection. But, seeing the sway in the other’s tail eased him somewhat, and his similarly doggish tail began a

slow sway of its own. Nonetheless, he was wary, ready to hitch up his shield of sarcasm at a moment’s notice; an

action as reflexive as if he were readying his true shield. It rested against his back, thudding dully as he walked up

to the husky wolf. He seemed cordial enough and, bending in his usual bow of greeting chuckled, “Sir?”

good-naturedly, rising to his full height. “Never been called that before, but I’m grateful. It‘s quite a step up

from say, 'mutt‘ or ‘mongrel,’ decidedly better than ‘bastard,’
As an aside “ --a

classic that one, let me tell you.”
He sighed lightly and shook his head, a boyish grin crossing his brown muzzle.

“I like it.” He lowered himself to be at a better height for the lupus fellow, and extended his hand.

“A pleasure to meet you Jiva Takekuro, I am Alister Callow. ” At his other question Alister straightened

again, cupping his chin in mock contemplation. “I could use many things, but as I hear it your pack is in

crisis…”
He paused, tapping his nose, knowingly, to help explain how he knew of his pack. His meeting with

Fayne had been just some couple hours previous, afterall. “…at least that’s what your pack-mate would

have me believe…Fayne, I think her name was. What she’d probably have you believe is that I’m a

tiresome fool, who had the misfortune to wander too dangerously close to your pack’s borders.”
His

tone was not at all unpleasant, if just a touch bitter. He could understand her suspicion, but that hadn’t made it

easier to stomach, especially in regards to his background. “Don’t mind me, I’ve just had an interesting

couple of days.”

“Anyway, what I was trying to say, before I side-tracked myself, was that I figured you could probably use

more help than I.”
He noticed Jiva’s curious gaze, watching as the male’s bi-colored eyes scanned over his

sword and shield as he, himself, noted the sheath around Jiva’s leg. He perked his ears and mirrored Jiva‘s

expression as he asked. “…you any good with that?” His nose indicated the knife.

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url("http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987/alistercallow.png"); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 277 OOC: Jiva may be ok with the two legged ways but he takes his pack seriously hahaha

The other man’s words made Jiva cringe, he was pretty blunt it seemed, he gave the man an apologetic smile as he shrugged at him, not sure how to respond to his sharp words. Then they softened and the man bent to Jiva’s level and he sniffed it for a second before backing up. He changed, though it was not a quick one, it took him only a few minutes. He then held out his own hand. His father had taught him how to shake hands. The other man spoke again and Jiva was quiet. He frowned a bit but said nothing as he mentioned Fayne and was just shaking his head a little but still said nothing. This man was a talker. He eyed the man slightly though as he spoke. How much did Fayne tell him? This made him curious.

“We just need to make sure our borders stay clear. We have had many attacks recently and I must warn you that it hasn’t just happened to the women so I would keep an eye out for yourself as well. It just isn’t safe here these days.”

Jiva said remembering his father being deeply wounded when he went to visit Cour des Miracles. He looked down at his knife that was attached to his leg as though it were some kind of bramble that just happened to appear there.

“Well, I know the pointy end gets stuck in the flesh...”

Jiva admitted a little though stepped back slightly not sure what Alister was getting at. He looked at him with an unsure look on his face.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 324No problem, he's a good guy, just...bitter, and a bit guarded

His sarcasm was making him no friends it seemed, mused the Callow man as he watched the subtle changes in Jiva’s expression. He’d meant no harm by it, of course, but that hadn’t made it any less offensive and Alister ruffled his mane self-consciously. His hazel eyes fell to the ground where he absently shuffled his feet. His hand hovered in the air as Jiva sniffed it and then shifted. He straightened as the other man brought himself to his two-legged stature, and grasped the hand firmly, but briefly. “Well met.”

At word of Jiva’s warning he shrugged, “I appreciate your concern, fortunately, I’m not as useless as I look.” His hazel eyes darted to the ground again. “Not that I’m not grateful for the warning.” His voice was kindlier as he said this. “And I am sorry to hear about your troubles… is there… nothing I can do to help?” He was sure the wolves could handle themselves, but it pained him to hear of people in trouble. For all his sarcasm he was a compassionate character, always eager to lend a hand wherever he could.

Jiva backed away when Alister mentioned the knife, and his words caused the man to chuckle heartily. “There’s more to it than that.” Shrugging his shield higher up his back he flicked his gaze about Jiva curiously. “I could…teach you some tricks, if you’d like. I was a warrior before I came to Nova Scotia, the wolves didn’t like me much, but they taught me how to fight well enough.” It had been a strict regimen, what with the waking at the crack of dawn, the constant drilling, and various sparring matches. The wolves of the clan took the defense of their borders seriously, much like New Dawn seemed to now. It was different here, though. These canines resorted to more primitive methods of defense, puzzling to the wolf dog, but to each their own he supposed.

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url("http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987/alistercallow.png"); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 314 OOC: sorry about the delay Sad(

Jiva was glad that he could have some contact even outside of New Dawn. Though little was known about this man he did not seem the type to just attack, then again he was never attacked himself. His eyes grew a little more cold when the man said that even the laugh he lelt out was a little chilly; “My father is a very capable fighter and he’s now up at his home and won’t be able to walk for months. Trust me when I say capable or not, you better keep both eyes open at night.” His words were stern, and warning. He wasn’t going to let anyone, even someone who didn’t know of his father’s condition tell Jiva that Niro was not capable of defending himself. Jiva saw what the man could do and it was far more than most could.

He looked down at the knife when the man told him there was more to it than just poking someone with the pointy end, but Jiva knew this already. He just never wanted to learn and anything his mother taught him was with a bow staff. He looked at the other man with quiet eyes. He nodded slightly. “If you wish, I have never been much for the fighting arts I am afraid. I’m a healer more than anything, but I suppose it won’t hurt to know a little more.” Jiva said. He pulled the knife that his mate had gotten him as a present. The handle was of bone but the rest was a steel that shone, as if it were new, but Jiva knew better than that. He looked at Alister expectantly. He didn’t know what to do to start such training, and wondered if the other man had a knife of his own or would be using that sword as his “knife”.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: Big thanks to Bria for salvaging this post!!

“Oh,” uttered Alister, shocked by Jiva’s passionate response. The laughter died out in his eyes and he lowered his head, ears folding back. “I’m so sorry, I had no idea.” The hybrid exhaled and raked his fingers through his stylishly disheveled brunette mane. His hazel eyes were on the ground beneath him, his tail, still. He felt simply awful. “No permanent damage, I hope?” He asked, his voice had become quiet, the joviality gone. The Callow man stood very still, his brows knitted. He cursed himself inwardly, gazing absently at his red/brown toes. The times were grim indeed, men and women getting attacked along the road. He could not insert himself into their conflict, not without consequence for himself, or others. “I will at that.” He agreed. His hand came to rest on his sword hilt casually. “Who is it that’s attacking you?” He found himself asking. If he crossed paths with this person and a fight ensued…that couldn’t really by considered interfering, could it? It’s not like he would be planning to, but…if on the off chance he met them, he would not stay his blade.

His ears perked at the word, healer. “A healer, you say? Good to know.” He wasn’t quite sure he should ever place his life in the young man’s hands. Jiva didn’t seem to care for the hybrid too much, but Alister knew how much of a pain he could be, so didn’t quite blame him. His smart mouth had earned him a beating or two…or fifty, more likely in his childhood, and he was like to receive even more as a man.

Jiva gazed at the knife as if he hardly knew of its existence, causing Alister to quirk a brow, but he pulled it out quickly enough. “Oh, right.” He said surprised. He turned to his satchel, opening the clasp and had to lean into the thing to finally find what he was searching for. A thin belt from which hung another, smaller, and decidedly more slender sheath he withdrew. He buckled it around his hip just above his other belt, turning it so the sheath was on the opposite side of his longsword’s. He slid a dagger from its sheath and strode back to the man. It was a simple thing, the hilt unadorned and with a leather grip. Alister rarely used it for combat, himself, but he knew enough to give him a lesson or two. “Your pack will appreciate it, trust me.” He said in reply, it certainly never hurt to know a little more about battle, or how to defend yourself, but in Jiva’s case it was necessary.

“So uh, right, fighting with a knife isn‘t like fighting with other weapons.” He took his own in his palm, contemplating it. “It can’t reach as far as a sword or staff, meaning you have to get close to your opponent…really close.” He looked back at Jiva, adding. “…it’s uh…usually used as a secondary defense.” He furrowed his brows a moment trying to recall his lessons. “Best used for sneaking up behind your target, or thrusting.” His voice was a bit distant as he took the words from memory. He took the hilt in his hand and angled the blade downwards, between forming a paralell with the ground and pointing towards it, doing this more for himself than for Jiva. When he had the angle right he indicated for the Jiva to do the same. “Try holding it like this, reverse your grip, feels kinda strange, I know, but it’ll put more force behind the thrust, you‘ll cut quite a bit deeper that way.” He watched patiently for the other man to adjust his grip, careful to note the angle at which he held it, and
to ensure he’d not lost the man.

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 255 OOC: Sorry for the delay and crappiness of this post Sad because i lost my other one i'm all like :| MEH!

Jiva nodded, satisfied by the man’s answer. It seemed to get to him to know that the danger was far more real than ever. Jiva shrugged at the question; “He will have lasting effects, the animal that did it cut through his foot... and his shoulder is mangled. I think he can still use it when it heals though...” He said. He shuddered at the thought of what was underneath that bandage, he was not permitted to see, but Jiva had a pretty good imagination. There are many but one who’s attacked many times. Her name is Amy, I don’t know much more than that other than she is not welcome in our pack” Jiva said shrugging a bit. He took it seriously but he wasn’t sure how much he should be giving out to a total stranger.

He smiled a bit at the mention of being a healer and nodded again. He was proud to be among the healers, or at least learning healers. He was still new to it, but he was learning fast, faster than fighting. He listened as the other explained about fighting with a knife, and he nodded where he understood, which was most everything. He adjusted the knife the way the man told him, it took him a couple tries but he was able to hold it the way it looked like Alister held it. “Like this?” He asked looking up at Alister with hope he did it right.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: So sorry for the wait, been working and then came down with a cold >.<

The hybrid's ears fell. "I'm so sorry. If I had known. I never meant..." He sighed and put a hand on his brow. Oh, that's just perfect, why don't you just kick him in the head? He thought bitterly to himself. But how could he have known? He'd only just met the lad, and he hadn't been in Nova Scotia for very long. "If there's anything I can do... I'd be happy to help." He'd offered once before, but once more wouldn't hurt, would it? He nodded at the mention of Amy. Taking in the information, of which there was little and less. "I shouldn't ask...but what has she done? Forgive me if I seem too familiar."

Alister's tail wagged a little to see the stranger smile, at least he'd done something right. It pleased him more to see the young man following his instructions. He ran his hand along Jiva's blade, nodding when it was at the proper angle. "Good, now you know how to hold it, you need to know where to strike." He sheathed his dagger and stood to his full height. "Now of course, the obvious target is the throat, and it's the easiest, sure, but there are other areas you should watch for. Like..." He placed his hand approximately where his kidney would be. "Here. A bit more difficult, but if you're successful it'll be well worth it." He placed his hand on his chin a moment. "A knife is small, small enough to slide through someone's ribs. Other than that...there's under the arm. That's all if you intend to kill. A messy business, and entirely unpleasant. Really, I wouldn't recommend it." He still had nightmares. "If you don't intend to kill them, then it's much, much simpler. Bleed them enough and they'll not try you again." He shrugged lightly. Really he was out of his element. This form of combat was left to rogues and vagrants. But if it helped the lad, or his pack Alister was willing to make an exception. He doubted New Dawn had an armory at their disposal. Did they even dwell in human shelters? He really wasn't quite sure. "Any, uh...questions?" He inquired, gazing curiously at the husky wolf.

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 {background-color:#4e879e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8987 ... callow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:272px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 330 OOC: Np at all we can start wrapping this up if you want :3

He raised his hand and shook his head, he wanted no apologies or pity, he was just giving out a warning. Niro would heal on his own time and for now he would be fine. He was not out for charity either. At the question about Amy Jiva sighed closing his eyes, it was not in exaspiration, he barely knew what happened in its entirety. “She attacked one of our members twice and if I remember correctly kidnapped another’s puppy. Her offenses are horrible in any way and she will deserve everything she gets.” he said a tone that was flat but not meant harm towards the other man. It was a touchy subject to anyone in New Dawn.

The training commensed and he was told where to hit to kill and Jiva made a face. He never killed before and he never intended to. “I would rather protect, injure until we can get away or they learn to leave.” Jiva said his thoughts still on the spots where the man pointed on himself. They were all tender spots, the ribs that held the lungs especially, the throat... though under the armpit was a new on to Jiva but he would remember this for an after thought later. “What if the other has a knife himself, and... could a knife hold up against... say that thing?” He pointed to the mans sword. Jiva had no intentions of investing in a sword but it was probably a good idea if he did... he just didn’t know if he could do it. He was not a fighiting man at all and if he had to, he could use the knife, but much longer and he was sure to be frowned upon. He was starting to become a better member to the pack itself and was still learning about what Zalen would be ok with as opposed to what he would not be ok with.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Sure, we could wrap it up in a couple. I'll get better at these mentoring threads one day >.< (reads up)

The man raised his hand and shook his head, silencing the wolfdog. The crease in his brows eased and his ears perked up slightly. Jiva sighed at Alister's questions about this Amy, who was targeting his pack. "She did...what?" It was shocking, her kidnapping the pup. "Why would someone do such a thing?" He pondered quietly, not looking for an answer. It was just...surprising. Alister was well aware of the atrocities people could inflict on one another, after all his pack had been at war, but he could still be surprised. Besides for one woman to target members of the same pack was just suicidal. "I'm sure she will at that." He agreed. And he sincerely hoped this pack could give her what she had coming. Alister was a compassionate man, but compassion had limits, and there were some people out there who might actually benefit from being short a head...

Jiva wasn't pleased with the thought of killing and neither was Alister. "So would I." He agreed whole-heartedly, but it was not always that easy. His expression became pained, and he looked away, not really focusing on anything. It hadn't been all that long ago since he'd killed. Every night he relived it in his mind until he awoke the next morning shaking and panting for breath. He was not a murderer...He knew that, the man had asked him to...begged him to end his suffering, preferring to die by Alister's hand than those butchers he'd named them- the warriors Alister traveled with. And he'd recognized him, or more so the pendant he wore. "But..sometimes...you don't really have a choice..." He said nothing more of the topic, and raised his head to glance at Jiva as he questioned him.

"Hmmm...disarming them is your best bet...But you'd have to be quick." He eyed the man a moment. "Would you like me to demonstrate..?" He'd hesitated to ask before, they'd just met afterall and he didn't want Jiva thinking he wished him any harm. It was a complicated lesson, better drilled hands-on than explained with words. When asked about his sword he glanced at the sheathed blade, then back at the knife. "Heh...Not very well, no." He quirked a brow. "A sword, they're much heavier, with a far longer reach. You'd be at a disadvantage." Unfortunately, true. He'd be hard pressed to get close enough and likely end up injured himself before he could get within reach.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 217 OOC: Wheee sparrrr!! Tongue

Jiva could only shrug at the man’s indignation at the crimes against the woman. He didn’t know what went on in her head, or he would have found her long ago and they would have done away with her. He didn’t know what he would do himself, kill her or give her to the two women who deserved to give her, her punishment. The other seemed to have the same ideas as him about killing, and he saw the look his own father had too and knew what he was thinking about. Sometimes killing was inevitable, it would happen sooner or later. Jiva could only hope it would be later.

At the offer for a demonstration Jiva’s lips thinned and he eyed the man up and down. He had been this honest and seemed to know that Jiva was weak with the item, then found he could trust this man more than most outside his pack. He had not choice but to trust his pack, they were his brothers and sisters and they were to be loyal as he was to his own pack. “Yes, but try not to cut me. I don’t want to hurt you either.” He said, but doubted he would land a blow of any kind on the other.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Yay for youtube xD, this post is short, figured it'd be easier if Jiva came at him first since he's trying to demonstrate how to block, etc.

He watched as Jiva eyed him up and down, and could almost see what was going through the man's head. "I was more hoping you wouldn't hurt me." He said with a light-hearted chuckle, hoping to relieve any tension that might have resulted. His tail wagged behind him, taking it as a good sign that Jiva had granted him permission. If he taught him well enough the man would gain a skill for life. Jiva would know how to defend himself at least, and possibly be able to do some damage, himself. "The idea is to attack with your knife hand while deflecting with your free hand." He took up the dagger. "If you control the weapon hand, you control your opponant."

"Alright, come at me with that grip I taught you." He readied himself, the grip on his blade different from the one he'd shown Jiva earlier, as he would be defending himself. His face became focused, as he watched carefully for the huskywolf to make his move. He would show him how to block, and do his best to disarm him.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 159 OOC: is shooort buuut /shrug

Jiva listened to the man as he instructed him in what he should do before telling him to attack at him. Jiva was a bit hesitant, but he supposed he shouldn’t be if he was in a fight with another wolf who actually wanted to kill him so he tentatively did as the man asked, the knife arm going towards him while the other was held low in front of him. He knew not what to do with it entirely so he was sure he was failing on that part.

His heart beat at the thought of actually cutting the man so his strike at him was both wobbly and fearful and he made sure it would not land a blow, but he could tell it was not exactly what the other wanted, but he was nervous in every way possible. He was not a fighter and he knew it, this demonstration was enough to show it.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 Sorry for the wait, was trying to figure how to play this out. I will say this again, youtube= God, lol-- Hope the PP is okay >.< And we can wrap this up in a couple, enough that Jiva can give it a go, and then they can go their separate ways, work for you?

The man's brows furrowed a moment before he quickly sheathed his blade. "You know, what? I'll just show you to disarm. We can do the more advanced stuff later." Thinking it over, the lad didn't have his martial training. Disarming while attacking was tricky, even for him, and may have been overwhelming to the red wolfdog. So he adjusted himself, arms out before him. He quirked a brow as Jiva shakily advanced, but shook his head with a bit of a grin. Some men just weren't cut out for combat, but Alister, he enjoyed this- the discipline, the constant drilling, all the various techniques. He didn't want to deter him, but he'd been expecting a little more...

For this demonstration he thought it best to keep it simple. The knife wobbled as it came towards him, but Alister was determined that Jiva get a proper lesson, and his hand darted quickly out, hand wrapping around his wrist, fingers clutching the pad of his handpaw. He twisted his arm, his thumb coming around to the flat part of the blade, and gave it a hard shake (not hard enough to hurt the man), but enough to force the weapon out of his hand to go tumbling on the ground. "Now, you could try snatching the blade as well, but that gets a bit difficult. So for now we'll just stick to the basics." He bent down to pick up the knife, promptly handing it back to him. "Alright, come at me again...This time I'll go slow, and then you can try disarming me." He readied himself once more, though his stance slackened.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 180 OOC:

The other man’s hand shot out and did something, that was far too fast for Jiva to see, even though he was paying complete attention, but it just happened so quickly that he nearly yelped in astonishment as the knife flew out of his hand and onto the ground. He watched it until Alister spoke and he turned to listen to his explanation. He listened raptly, unsettled that he had no control over his own hand as the other man had grabbed it, he’d let go and gave Jiva back his knife.

Jiva took a hesitant breath but again slowly attacked as Alister told him to his shaking hand didn’t shake as much as being slow he was confident that he wouldn’t hit the man anyway, but he seriously doubted now that he would ever hit him, but just a little instruction was good. He wasn’t sure how he was suppose to disarm the man though because he had no weapon in his hand. So he just concentrated on seeing what the other man had tro show him.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVJ9lVIyIyA here's the technique he's showing him

Alister chuckled at Jiva's unsettled expression, but continued on with his teaching. He watched as the knife came towards him, not as shakily as before. "Alright, watch carefully." His palm collided with the back of Jiva's wrist, fingers slowly wrapping themselves around the inner to the bottom of his palm. "The idear is to stop it at the wrist, grab the pad, twist." He carefully twisted Jiva's arm around. "Then you want to place your thumb on the flat part of the blade." His thumb tapped on it once. "Then simply shake." He shook his wrist until the knife came free. Stooping to pick it up he didn't give the knife back this time. So, basically it's: grab, thumb, shake. Simple enough."

He adjusted Jiva's knife into the grip he taught him. "Right then, now you try. Slowly he stepped forward, making as if to attack, the motion was slow enough, and Jiva was in no true danger. Remember, grab, thumb, shake. Hazel eyes watched for Jiva's advance, noting his form.

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 302 OOC: couple more... we keep saying this!!!

Jiva got the idea when Alister showed him and spoke, grab thumb shake. He nodded as he watched his knife again fall to the ground again, this time when Alister picked it up he held it and reminded him of what he was suppose to do. Jiva nodded and made to be ready, as the man came towards him slowly Jiva tried to do as Alister showed him, though it felt entirely awkward and strange, the way he moved wasn’t the normal way he was use to, though he was sure with enough practice he could possibly do it without feeling this way. He grabbed on the lower wrist of Alister and in turn learned that wasn’t so easy to just shake. Frowning Jiva stepped back.

“Ok I did something wrong.” He said, still having his hand on the spot he took Alister by he wanted to see what he had done wrong so that he could try it again and do better. He was determined to get this right, perhaps it could help save his life someday, though he had never been attacked with a knife before, but who knew. So he wanted to learn as much as he could before he ahd to get back to Palaydrian. Which would be soon, but he was not at the point where he, himself was antsy. Though he could certainly see his mate being so at this very moment, so he promised himself one more try and then he would head home to his mate and family. He was probably going to be glad he ran into this man, even if Jiva would never have to use this technique on someone else, he also showed the young man how to hold it right and to strike someone at least.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 000 You're in love with me Shaw, just admit it. lol xP And I totally had a reply all typed up days ago, but accidentally closed my window >.<

Alister didn't retaliate as the man's hand closed around his wrist, he looked down at it, ensuring that the grip was correct. It was good for a first try, but there was something missing. He watched as Jiva paused, quirking a brow at him. "You think so, huh?" A bit of a grin worked its way across his brown muzzle. "You need to twist my arm backwards, first- to force the knife out of my hand. Do that and you'll significantly weaken my grip, and when you shake, if you do so quickly, it'll fall to the ground." He made sure Jiva was with him before adding, "now, try again...And don't worry about hurting me, I've..uh, had worse." The man was so tentative the Callow hybrid doubted he would harm him even by accident. Jiva was fortunate to have run into Alister, he knew quite a bit about combat, several forms of it, in fact, and he was kind and helpful by nature, sarcasm aside. Alister's teachers hadn't been half as friendly, leaving him battered and bruised by the end of each day. Serious harm was never done, but he rarely went to sleep without some soreness in his limbs. Alister prepared himself once more, watching Jiva closely. "You have the grip right, just remember to twist my arm back, before you shake. And be quick about it." He encouraged.

<style>
.KMTT24611_AlisterCallow1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#001e5d; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
[/html]