Hassle in the Castle
[html]

out of character here!

The young luperci cautiously padded along on the hard ground, stepping on small black stones scattered about in different areas. A large black building loomed in the distance, still hazy from the small covering of fog that drifted in from the coastline. As the wolf drew closer, the gigantic structure became more outlined and solid, taking the form of a dark castle. Leichi had become scared yet fascinated as he decided to explore the rooms, hallways, and the inner depths of the castle. As he drew nearer, the ground became gravelly as more stones and rocks cover the ground where his paws landed.

“Timmy no like this. Timmy want go back,” the red-tailed hawk perched on his large shoulder stated. Leichi rolled his eyes at his companion’s bossy command.

“If you’re so scared, then why don’t you just fly away into a tree and wait on me?” the timber wolf taunted playfully.

The hawk squawked angrily at her friend. Laughing, Leichi started to dash towards the castle, even more tempted to explore now. As he reached the entrance, something didn’t quite feel right to him. It almost seemed as if another presence was there, someone watching him. He looked up at his hawk and could tell that she had become nervous, for she started to step from one foot to the other on his shoulder. Someone was here, he knew it.

<style type="text/css">
.leich01 .space {width:250px; height:275px; float:right;}
.leich01 b {color:#001633;}
.leich01 t {font-weight:bold; color:#4e3f2a;}
.leich01 p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.leich01 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.leich01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.leich01 {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:600px; background-color:#c8bdad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/m9jHm.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#3b3833; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(487) Hey there, girlie! Sorry that my post is so much longer than yours, I got carried away and Una likes to make me ramble. x3

Unatsikanogeni Adahy left the borders of his new home after the sun had risen, his handscythe swinging at his belt and giving him a lurching, almost guilty gait. He wasn’t really guilty, though, wasn’t doing anything wrong, but that was about the only way he knew how to leave the borders of the Tribe. He was so used to being a coward and running away from it all that the memories came back to him once he hit neutral ground, and he almost had himself convinced that he was running away again. Only he wasn’t.

I’m not, you know, he said aloud, and the puckered skin next to his left eye twitched.

The scent of prey-that-was-not-prey floated in the air next to him, and soon a white-tailed deer was striding next to him, her ears held at a casual angle and her attention fixed ahead. I know, she responded, sounding maternal and amused, and he grinned awkwardly.

Just—just throwing that out there. I mean, I knew you knew, but it feels better to just—to just get it out there, you know?

Udanvti made a sound of acknowledgment but didn’t answer, which was probably the best thing for her to do then. It allowed him to resign himself to the silence, and for once he didn’t try to fill it with meaningless sound. He only took a deep breath, his white-cream chest swelling, and marched southeast from his territory, toward the smell of salt.

He didn’t know exactly where he was going, or even where he wanted to go, but the point was that he was exploring. It was clear that this wasn’t the old Tribe, where you could get away with spending your entire life in the village; there were a lot more tribes around him, or packs, or whatever they were called. He didn’t know if he’d run into any in this direction, but it was worth a shot to see what his neighbors were like, anyway. As nervous as he was, he was also excited to learn something from a stranger.

The farmer traveled over rocky hills, which grew sheerer and scarier and silver-er as they neared the Atlantic Ocean. There were a few not-so-pretty trees dotting the land here and there, and maybe patches of asphalt that were once roads, but otherwise the scenery of the Trenches was quite bland. He almost gave up and turned the other way when he caught an odd formation nestled among the sharp, rocky cliffs: high, black walls and the suggestion of a tower wreathed in fog.

Doisdihina? Unatsi breathed, and for once his spirit guide could not answer him. She stopped when he did and stared at the great walls of the castle. It was, perhaps, not as amazing as the true castles oversees, but the pair had nothing to compare it to. They shared a look, then, and by unspoken agreement approached the drawbridge.

Lineart by ~Xinsha; colored by me!

<style>
.unaRun {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; width:85%;}
.unaRun p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.unaRun p.image {text-align:center; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.unaRun .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.unaRun .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.unaRun b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaRun b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaRun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.unaRun u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word count: 492 Heyyo! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I had my step-sisters over for a few days :-) but I'm back!

Leichi stood still by the castle entrance, anxiously awaiting something to pop out. He had always been a sort of paranoid wolf, but this time he had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach that something was coming. The eerie silence was only broken by the occasional howl of wind coming in from the ocean. The fog that covered the ground slightly didn’t help the environment to lighten either. Ears pricked, he listened for any noise out of the ordinary, aside from what he was already listening to constantly. He didn’t bother looking around, since his off-centered eyes would provide no assist in searching for any presence.

After several moments, he decided his hearing wasn’t enough. Raising his head slightly, he sniffed the air for any animals. After waiting and sniffing in the eerie silence and howling wind, a scent came to him that wasn’t his bird’s. The wind was blowing from behind him, carrying the scent of another wolf. He whipped around, but couldn’t see anything through the thick white fog. Then he finally heard the light fall of paw steps. Cautiously walking forward, he could see a shape being to form in the hazy air. Wait, two shapes were presence. Leichi became extremely confused, considering he had only scented one animal.

“Who there?” Timmy demanded.

She hovered slightly in front of Leichi, almost protectively. The young luperci rolled his eyes at his best friend’s supposed “authority” and curved around her. The timber wolf padded forward slowly, lowering himself.

“H-hello? Um, wh-who are you?” Leichi asked shakily, not knowing if he wanted to socialize with this creature. As he walked forward more, the shapes became definite.

The fog dispersed to reveal another wolf, slightly larger than him, walking towards him. It didn’t seem hostile at all, more curious than anything else. Its bright green eyes gave off the feeling of friendliness as he stared into them the best he could. Then he saw something move beside the wolf. Leichi felt light-headed when he saw something he never thought was true. Standing there beside the wolf was a deer. Not just a regular deer, but a deer that seemed almost transparent. It still had the normal colorings of a white-tailed deer, but it just seemed, thin. Curiosity getting the best of him, he leaned forward and poked the deer with his nose. The tip of his nose went right through it. Backing up from surprise, Leichi stared at the pair in complete awe.

“Y-you have a, a spirit as a friend? All I have is a bossy hawk,” he said, jerking his nose up towards Timmy, who now was flying towards the deer spirit.

“Timmy see spirit. Timmy no amazed,” she sassed. The timber wolf snorted in amusement at his hawk’s stubbornness. Looking back towards the other wolf, he nodded an appropriate greeting.

“Um, I’m Leichi and, obviously that’s Timmy. What's your name?” he introduced, sitting down and patiently waiting for an answer.

<style type="text/css">
.leich01 .space {width:250px; height:275px; float:right;}
.leich01 b {color:#001633;}
.leich01 t {font-weight:bold; color:#4e3f2a;}
.leich01 p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.leich01 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.leich01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.leich01 {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:600px; background-color:#c8bdad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/m9jHm.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:'Times New Roman', times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#3b3833; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(540) Here, you can have a crappy post from Raze. ;__;

Slowly, Unatsikanogeni walked down the drawbridge, one hand resting on the handle of his scythe—although he knew he’d never be able to use it in battle. Still, it gave him a little bit of comfort that his murderer could at least land on the rusty point and get an infection. The thought brought a wavering smile to his lips before his twitch sent the smile scurrying away. It really was eerie here, even though he was more amazed by the great dark structure than anything. How many humans had it taken to construct such a thing? He could only assume the humans had built it. Were their ghosts trapped inside? Animal ghosts were fine, but—

An oddly accented, harsh voice cawed from the fog ahead, and the red wolf jerked backwards, nearly falling into his companion. The doe had grown still as well, her nose twitching and her ears turning as cautiously as a real deer’s might. She did not bolt, and he knew she’d signal if there was danger, so he hunched his shoulders and waited.

The haze covering the entrance to the castle swirled slightly, and at last Unatsi could make out the shape of a wolf and a bird. A new voice hailed him in a familiar stammer, and he decided that these two couldn’t be anything to worry about—although he glanced at Udanvti just to make sure. She only dipped her snout in a nod then began to fade from sight, lingering just on the edges of perception. Like any spirit guide from the Tribe, she could become fully solid, visible and audible, with a scent of her own; however, she could just as easily disappear without a trace. He hated it when she did that.

The stranger—a dark brownish-black wolf with light blue eyes—snuck forward and came closer than Una had anticipated. The farmer let out a quiet yelp when the dark muzzle thrust toward Udanvti, who disappeared completely for an instant. He bristled, wondering if he’d somehow hurt his companion, but the doe appeared again behind him, her expression unreadable.

The wolf was talking again, and Unatsi pricked his large ears forward to listen. He frowned slightly, glancing at the hawk with a twitch of his lips, then decided that these folk—though strange—seemed nice enough to talk to.

Or, at least, he didn’t think they’d eat him.

My name’s Unatsikanogeni, the AniWayan said, then frowned quickly. He gestured feebly for the other to wait a second before talking and added, It’s a real mouthful, I know, so um—you can call me Unatsi for short, or Una, or anything, really; I won’t be offended, unless it’s—it’s a mean name, y’know, not a stranger to those, either.

Silence passed, during which span of time he glanced down at his fingers, which linked together in front of him in an awkward gesture. Remembering that he was not alone in the world, he added, And the deer—that’s Udanvti, my spirit guide. He paused then grinned awkwardly at the younger male. Wait—you knew she was a spirit? And your hawk isn’t—oh, well, I guess guides speak more… well, not ‘better,’ but… better. Fluent, you know, like a wolf.

Lineart by ~Xinsha; colored by me!

<style>
.unaRun {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; width:85%;}
.unaRun p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.unaRun p.image {text-align:center; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.unaRun .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.unaRun .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.unaRun b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaRun b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.unaRun b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.unaRun u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]