So Many New Faces
"Well it's better then nothing." Lance stood back to admire his new home in the Thackery Village. He had fixed some holes and put on some cosmetics. With his house suitable to his liking he decided to meet his new family. Lance began to head in the direction of the training grounds to see if any bod would care to chat. Maybe they could even spa with him."If any body is there I hope they are sociable.' Just before Lance could get to the training grounds he remembered what he heard about what happened at the training grounds. His good friend lane just about got killed by Alaki."This Alaki sounds scary. Hope I don't get on his bad side if he's there. Don't think i'll be very good company to him." Lance shivered at the thought of a Katana held in from of his neck. Lance shrugged it off and decided to mind his tongue one he arrived.He didn't want his first impression to be a bad one. Lance arrived at the training grounds and examined the area to find any potential people to talk to,
[html]

<style type="text/css">
.mido1Outline {width:470px; margin:0 auto; }
.mido1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ofloor.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.mido1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#833e32; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... floor2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:100px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.mido1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; background-color:#642319; width:300px; }
.mido1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; background-color:#642319; width:300px; }
.mido1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.mido1Input b {color: #240101;}
</style>

WC::309 OOC:: Hey There, welcome to AT! Hope you don’t mind me dropping in here.

The Marbas had to get out of the caves for a while. Life as of recently had just been far more interesting than he could have ever imagined it being. Sammantha coming back to Anathema and everything else, his heart had felt much lighter than usual. He wore a smile on his maw that was true his thoughts and feelings and could be extremely difficult to get rid of. It was hard for the male to remember the life that he lived before coming here, all the humility, pain and misery he dealt with nearly on a daily basis from all around him. The difference between the present and past was nothing short of astonishing. He’d left the caves and headed toward Thackery Village. What was there though? Aeron? The training grounds? He couldn’t imagine wasting the Atheed’s time she had much more important things to do than deal with him. All he carried on his person was a small pocket knife, not his Kamas or anything else that he normally had. The half and half didn’t foresee training with a pocket knife.

Standing at the edge of the village he combed the grounds with his eyes, of course nothing looked or seemed out of the ordinary. He did notice a canine gawking at one of the buildings though. Glancing back to the distant unsuspecting individual Mido quickly realized that he hadn’t seen them before. Leaving the edge forest he moved closer to the wolf who stared at the building. Giving the male several yards the mix contemplated the reaction he’d get. He couldn’t fathom anything crazy like being attacked, which would just be a bad idea. Would someone blindly attack a warrior from a pack? Staring at the back end of the unknowing he cocked his head and shrugged. Hello there, I don’t believe I’ve seen you before.

Table by Marie

[/html]
lance turned towards the voice of the snow white dog. "Well hey. Nice to meet you my name is Lance and what would your name happen to be?" Lance began to to glance at the tan and white dog. He seemed to be nice enough and might make great company. Well anything was better then wandering alone through a place he barely even knew.'Oh, I'm sorry i forgot to tell you why you haven't noticed me. I just joined this pack a few days ago and I have been occupied fixing my house." He began to grin at the male."Well I better get the conversation going. Don't want to lose my only company." lance walked close to the dog and started to make a conversation.

"So do you have a job around here?" Lance wondered what the job of this dog could be. he looked like a warrior or a hunter. He looked strong and probably knew his way around a bad so it was best to not anger him like his friend Lukos had done to Alaki. Lance began to shiver again at the thought of that. He couldn't get it out of his mind how easily he could die here if you just ticked someone off. He had no way to defend himself. he didn't know how to fight and that wasn't very useful here. Lance put his focus back on the dog and waited for his response.
[html]

<style type="text/css">
.mido1Left{float:left;width:150px;height:500px;border:1px solid black;background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ofloor.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#00CC00;}
.mido1Right{float:right; width:300px;padding:1px;border:1px solid black;background-color:#833e32; background-image: url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... floor2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:100px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px;}
.mido1Top {text-align:right; font-size:9px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; background-color:#642319; width:300px; }
.mido1Bottom {text-align:right; font-size:9px;color:#fff; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px; line-height:100%; background-color:#642319; width:300px; }
.mido1Input {padding:10px; width:280px; color:#000; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:120%; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
</style>

WC::309

The wolf didn’t seem even a little bit startled by the surprise greeting, probably a good thing too. Lance, you can call me Mido, it’s good to meet you too. The Huskadore held out a large brown colored hand toward the new guy in greeting. His name would be an easy one to remember, it reminded him of the cavalry weapon which he’d never even so much as put his hands on before. There were a few other new additions to the group of tightly knit trouble makers, granted he could smell them around the lands he had yet to lay eyes on them or speak to them.

Lance had explained that the reason he hadn’t been seen was due to the work he was doing on his house. The mix looked the building over with contemplation, it wasn’t perfect, at the same time it wasn’t too bad either. A little bit of tender love and care and it could be something impressive. The male didn’t understand living in one of these structures though, the darkness of the caverns he’d come to know and appreciate was not a lie, and it wouldn’t unnecessarily wake him when he didn’t want to be.

Do I have a job? I guess you could call it a job. I’m known as a Marbas, one of the warriors here in Anathema. Mido didn’t really look at it like that; the warrior position wasn’t just a job to him. It fit him pretty well, the amount tenacity that carried around with him just about any given time was a lot. He was eager, to learn, become strong, help, and defend whatever and who ever when need be. I’m also a bit of a trouble maker. Smiling cynically he shrugged, figuring he might offer that bit of information rather than let the male find out eventually.

Table by Marie

[/html]
"Well that's a nice name Mido." Lance outstretched his hand and accepted Mido's handshake. Lance figured that he would be a warrior. he had the appearance of one. Lance chuckled at the fact that Mido admitted he was a troublemaker."Well to tell the truth. I think trouble is actually a little fun. Just not to much of it." Lance began to look the training grounds over observing all of the instruments.'By the way. Do you have a preferred weapon? I was just wondering so to know not to ever spar with you if you are using it. Don't want to get hurt to much." Lance chuckled to himself at his statement. It didn't matter what anyone was using against him. He would always get beat and that was the plain fact.

Lance sat down and looked back at his house. It seemed OK from a distance but it wasn't perfect. It was better then the original though he thought to himself. Lance decided to ask one more question.[b]"So do you live here here of the villa?"[/b} Lance wondered. He hadn't seen Mildo around. Although he hadn't seen anyone really and it was his own fault. Lance decided t quit thinking so much and focus on the conversation.
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC::315

The wolf male had a bit of laugh when the mutt told him that he was a trouble maker. In hind sight it was true though, not a bad sort of trouble but a mischievous and playful kind. Was there such a thing as a good kind trouble anyhow? Because if there was, that’s what Mido would be, he liked pranks and loved games. The Marbas locked his icy gaze onto Lance’s eyes at the question of a preferred weapon and the mention of sparring. The idea of getting physical with another still excited him. My favorite weapon is my Kamas, but really I like anything with a bladed edge. He paused momentarily, thinking about it before continuing. Most of us warriors here in Anathema though are good with more than one type of weapon, we kind of need to be skilled with several of them. The multicolored male recalled the day he spent out and about working on his lacking bow skills with Axelle, she really was rather impressive to say the least. No worries, you won’t get hurt too badly. A little beaten up maybe, but that goes along with fighting and sparring.

Lance seemed to get comfortable as he took a seat but continued the two’s conversation. No, I don’t live anywhere near here; I stay inside the Howling Caverns. He answered watching the Zepar out of his dual colored eye. What made you want to live out here anyway Lance? Mido questioned him, curious of the male’s reasoning, to each their own he figured. Granted one’s den could be a little boring, dark, and lonely sometimes all you needed to do was step out and breathe the life in. The village just seemed a bit detached from commotion and excitement of everything. It just wasn’t the Huskadore’s cup of tea, and that was probably the reason why he didn’t live there.

Table by Marie

[/html]
Lance meet his eye contact with the dog"Well to be honest I chose the village because my old friend Lukos lives there.Also, they village really needed some more occupants so i just decided to help fill it in." Lance grinned because Lukos really was the whole reason he joined Anethema. 'Well bot to his offense but i could never live in a cave. Doesn't really have that home feel to it.""So you said you lived in the caves? I haven't been there yet. To be honest Lance really hasn't been much of anywhere around here. He decided that this conversation was nearing a end so Lance had an idea."Well if your a warrior mind teaching me a few things. I have no clue how to use a weapon and I don't want to be defenseless in case anything happens." An image of Lance being constantly knock to the ground ran through his mind but it didn't bother him."You know what they say no pain no gain."

He looked back at the storage by the training grounds. He was pondering what kind of weapon he would use. I mean if he even spars with me."Well i better start of with something easy but i'll see what he will use first." Lance's full concentration went back to the Husky and Labrador mix."You know, you seem pretty nice. I really wouldn't have pegged you as a troublemaker. The dog didn't seem very rowdy o mischievous but you really don't need either to cause trouble.
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC::345

The grey wolf explained the reason behind choosing to live out in Thackery Village. The Zepar had friend named Lukos who lived there too, it was yet another canine Mido hadn’t met. It bothered the male to think that there were possibly many others living in Anathema that he didn’t know. His logic made enough sense, there really wasn’t too many living outside the caves. Yeah, I stay in the caverns. You should go check them out sometime when you get a chance. Most of our pack meetings are held there in the common room. The cave system could be a bit depressing at times, but they also had their perks, he couldn’t complain.

Lance heavily changed the subject when he mentioned possibly learning something from the mutt. What, you defenseless?! We can’t have that, I’ll show you something. I’ll teach you enough so that you can take care of yourself. He turned and moved toward the storage shed. The Marbas motioned with his hand for the Zepar to follow him as looked over his shoulder. Thank you, when I was young I was told that being nice was always the best policy. Now that he was older he had his own interpretations of what he was taught and told. Being nice didn’t always work with everybody. The male liked a little trouble and chaos because it seemed to balance him out and keep him sane, otherwise he got bored.

The multicolored mix opened the door to the shed walking inside he looked through the combination of tools and weapons for a good starter to use against the Zepar. Axe, scythe, shovel, bat haha, no! He didn’t want to kill the new guy, only help him. The male found the knives and a couple swords. The hybrid stroked his chin before grabbing one of the curved bladed weapons and exiting the storage. Pick your poison Lance. I suggest you grab one of the swords. He spoke with a smile, it would be the smartest thing to grab and would be the easiest to show him.

Table by Marie

[/html]
Mildo agreed to teach Lance how to fight. The dog waked into the storage room and returned with a sharp looking sword. He looked like he could cut lance in half by just thinking about it."Note to selfBig Grino not make Mildo mad, Could have very bad consequences." Lance decided it would be best to get a sword since it was a beginner weapon.

"Well that I will." Lance walked into the storage shed and was amazed by the abundance of weapons.Swords,axes,knives,bats,bows and arrows. the whole deal. He walked over towards the swords and picked up a normal looking one. Not to heavy and not to light.is hands felt good on the grip. A sense of excitement flooded his body as he looked at the sharp blade."Well I gotta say, this is gonna be fun." He exited the storage room to face the multi-colored dog."I'm ready when you are. Just show me the basics.I don't need to know anything fancy right know."

The husky mix had an intimidating feel around him. You could tell that he knew what he was about to do."At least I know I can try my hardest. There's no way I'm gonna even hurt him." Lance tightened his hand around the hilt and tightened up his muscles."Well ready or not it's time to fight." He gave one last glance at the dog and prepared for his first time using a blade.
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC::334 OOC:: haha, M-I-D-O (my-dough)

The male watched the Zepar disappear into the shed for a moment before popping back out, sword in hand. Mido moved away from the storage, he twirled the blade through his fingers as he walked. Good, like I said enough so that you can defend yourself, nothing fancy. Fancy things aren’t going to save your life in a fight. He adjusted the handle in his right hand so It was comfortable. The Huskadore recalled his first time using a sword with Axelle from a while back. Keep a firm grip on the handle without being so tense. The mix noted the way he was holding it, not to far up or down just too tight; holding on very tightly would make it harder for him to swing the blade. Use one hand if you’re comfortable, two if you have to. Bend your knees a little and position your sword in front of you like this. He spoke as showed the newcomer.

Better than just explaining, Mido felt that there was no better teacher than experience. If you’re ready let’s begin. Defend yourself Zepar! The Marbas verbally warned him with a stern tone, only to help him understand the situation he was in. This was a good controlled environment with pack mates who wouldn’t actually intend to hurt him, anywhere else it would be different. He stepped forward and made a very cautious and slow but deliberate horizontal left to right strike at him. The attack was slow enough that he would have the time to see it and block with his own blade. Just to let him get the feel, he would keep swinging at him slowly so he could defend. The hybrid swung the sword over and over again, from right to left, over head, upward and everything else. His breathing remained steady as the sounds of colliding blades enticed his ears. Good job Lance! A little bit of praise was an order, as the poor guy had been receiving a crash course.

Table by Marie

[/html]
OOC-Ha-ha, I laughed at My dough.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Lance took Mido's advice and loosened his grip slightly. He bent his knees a little and positioned his hands as he was shown.The loud caution of the dog gave Lance a sense of adrenaline as if he had already started. The dog began swinging at him slowly so Lance didn't have much trouble. He didn't need to use much effort to block but it still took time to get the feel of the grip down. The motion of the sword seem to come on it's own as if Lance didn't have to move it. He was glad to hear that he was doing good."Thanks. This isn't as hard as I expected it to be. Could we speed it up a little?"

The sound of clashing blades was amazing. It was almost going in a rhythm.Heck, he could say that it was almost hypnotic."This is much better then I expected. At least I'm not failing miserably so this can't be all that bad." He refocused all of his attention towards Mido and tried to guess his moves before he could swing. It wouldn't be much seeing as Mido was not even trying ten percent as hard as he could. It was easy to tell. he had no sense of effort in his eyes or movements."You know? I think I'll withdraw on going faster. I'm good at this speed" he knew any faster and he wouldn't be able to keep up, He didn't want to get cut just yet. He finally realized that he had been drifting off and began slacking and almost missing some of the blocks."okay, I need to focus."
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC::303

As the two continued to clash blades with one another the smile on the mutt’s face grew ever apparent. He couldn’t possibly hide the excitement or enjoyment he was experiencing, this kind of interaction was just fun. The Zepar’s next request really caught him by surprise. What? You want to go faster? He must feel pretty good about all this then. Mido shrugged his shoulders and kept on going with striking at Lance. Practice and persistence would result in perfection. He hadn’t picked up his speed yet when his sword partner asked to keep the pace they were at up. That’s fine, it would probably be better that we don’t speed things up, that just might be a little too fast for him. His thoughts came to him as he began to notice that the wolf was starting to have a little bit of a hard time blocking his swings.

The multicolored mix quickly dashed backward away from Lance, he created plenty of space between them. The new comer wouldn’t learn the things he needed to know just by defending himself. The Huskadore knew very well that he should get to have a taste of the offensive side of this weapon. He adjusted the sword in his left hand, taking his free hand he motioned for the male to come. Alright lance, your turn to attack. Come and show me what you’ve got. He called Lance out. He decided it was time put him to work and see if had any kind of potential. Axelle was able to help him out when he needed it, and he assumed that he was a lost cause. Mido had faith that Lance could be good with a bit of practice and effort. You don’t need to be a warrior to be able to wield a weapon.

Table by Marie

[/html]
Lance was surprised at the sudden change of role. It was his turn to attack."Well I'll try my best." He twirled the blade in his hands and prepared to strike.He leaned forward slightly and brought drew the blade back adjacent from his hip and began with a horizontal strike. The dog didn't seem to have any trouble to block it so Lance began to flow the strikes together instead of pausing.He switched to a mic of vertical and horizontal strikes to try to get the feel of both. It felt good to be on the offensive but he didn't like it as much as defense. He really wasn't much of an offensive person anyways. He never did like being the one causing damage but he concluded that he will have to be on the offensive sometime in his life."So am i doing it right. If there's anything wrong just stop me."

He could say this with complete truth. He loved this. The clash of blades, the sweat, everything. It was pure adrenaline. It kept his blood flowing and sent rushes through his body. He began to get into the spar with complete mind and heart. The strikes began to flow and seemed to come in one motion.[i]"I can't believe i had been missing out on this. It's such a rush."[/b] He decided to become fatigued though. The effort of swordplay was begging to dawn on him."Do you think we could take five. I'm getting a little tired." He really hasn't worked up much stamina so he wasn't able to last long. At least not as long as Mido. He began to slow down his strikes and tried to conserve his energy.
WC::305

[html]

After calling him out, Mido impatiently awaited some form of advance from the male. The grey wolf came off as a bit cautious or nervous when he first started, as if he were going to hurt the Marbas. The multicolored mix had sunk a good deal of time into training with the sword on his own, especially after his outburst on Axelle. Don’t hold back on my account. He briefly advised the Zepar. It took little to no time before the wolf changed up his repertoire. He doubled up the swings and increased his speed, he created a series of horizontal and vertical attacks. It looked as if the male had become more comfortable the more he worked at it. The new guy was a little uncertain about himself and asked for critiques. There wasn’t too much wrong with what he was doing, his stance was good and he held himself pretty well for having no prior experience. You’re doing pretty good, you can improve the accuracy power of your strikes by not stopping at blade contact. Aim past the blade, if you’re in a real fight your intention is to get your opponent and not their weapon.

Speaking up it sounded like Lance was enjoying the adrenaline rush, granted the Marbas was nowhere near the high that the new guy experienced he still loved this kind of interaction. I assume you’re enjoying this. It didn’t take too long before fatigue started to set in. The Zepar requested they take a break. He didn’t see the harm in it; he was no slave driver after all. You want a break? You’ve earned it, I don’t see why not. The Huskadore was nothing short of impressed with him. Had the male wolf been a warrior he probably would have suggested otherwise for the sake of training.

[/html]
OOC-I think i'm dead. lance just challenged Alaki to spar.-_-
_________________________________________________________________________________"Thanks. I don't think I could have gone much longer. It just hit me." Lance walked over to grab his satchel that he had lain down just before sparring. He rummaged through it and retrieved two pristine looking canteens full of water. He walked back over to Mido and handed him one."Here. I know you have to be thirsty." Lance took a big gulp of his canteen and it was very refreshing. Especially after wearing himself out."So how long have you been in the pack. From the looks of it maybe a while. You seem to have a feel of the place pretty well" He looked down as his hands and they were shaking involuntarily."They must still be excited. Have to calm them down." Lance tucked his arms into his legs and sat Indian style. He could feel his hands vibrations.

"You know, this may become a daily routine for me. With practice maybe I can be as good as Mido but i doubt it." He gave a sheepish smile to Mido and chuckled. "This must be a game to him. He most likely had no threat from me but who would. I don't seem very threatening."
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC::323, haha good thing I hold my posts!

Lance thanked him and explained that he didn’t have much left in him. Honestly the Marbas wasn’t that surprised by the fact that he was tired, a newcomer such as himself with no previous weapons experience should be. While the grey wolf had goen to grab his satchel Mido went to put the swords they used away. He returned to be greeted by a container in great condition. Oh, thanks. The Huskadore didn’t know what had been inside and he didn’t really care at this point. Surprise me! He undid the top to the canteen, tossed his head back and guzzled as the water fell into his mouth, every last ounce without stop. Wow, that was good. The water hadn’t gotten warm yet, the liquid refreshed his dry throat. He truly was thirsty, really thirsty in actuality and the water did wonders.

The multicolored mix moved to a waist high rock nearby and took a seat on it. He eyed the male out the dual colored eye. Lance asked how long he had lived in Anathema. Well yeah, long enough to know the territory pretty good. He hadn’t been that long by his own personal opinion. He lived there almost a year but not quite. If you stick around, it won’t be long before you get your bearings on this place. The half and half watched the male take a seat upon the ground atop his hands. He noticed the smile and chuckle but didn’t view it as weird or out of place. He was a nice guy, part of a pack full of murderers, drug addicts and downright crazy individuals. He began to wonder if this was any kind of place for such a canine. I gotta ask you, beside your friend Lukos, why did you join Anathema? There was curiosity for the other male’s reason for deciding to live here. Surely he was warned what kinds of canines resided here.

Table by Marie

[/html]
Lance let out a sigh as he began to drink his water.It was cool on his throat and it may have been the best feeling he had ever had.Then Mido asked him a question that really sparked his interest."To be honest,I really don't know.This seemed like the only place that I would fit in with.Seeing that I'm a litttle awkward and all."That was the best explanation he could give.It was the only way that he could express how he felt about living here."I guess it was because I would have never been able to make it into any other pack.I'm really of no use to anyone and I have nothing to offer.So i decided that a pack of misfits was right for me." He gave a smirk as he thought of himself of being a misfit.He really wasn't,he just fit to live on his own.He would have never have made it.

"I really needed to get somewhere fast.I almost died at least 5 times before i came here.I couldn't risk another day by myself.I seem to be accident prone saying that I almost got sucked up by a tornado and almost crushed by a tree." He was a fumbling goof ball, but hey.He was still alive wasn't he?"Well I'm sorry to go, but I need to go help someone.I promised them that I would.Maybe we could pick this up again sometime.?"
[html]

<style type="text/css">
</style>

Out of curiosity he asked why he chose to join Anathema. The dog listened to the wolf’s first explanation on the matter, to which he nodded. There was a little bit of logic to the Zepar’s decision to reside here. Mido wasn’t totally convinced though, he couldn’t be useless; maybe Lance just hadn’t found his niche quite yet, he had confidence that he would eventually. He continued to say that he couldn’t be on his own; he almost died and just needed a place to stay. The Marbas chuckled, not about nearly dying only that his reasons were sort of similar to why he’d joined them. Mido could have survived on his own, except he probably would be crazy and distrustful by now if he’d been going it alone. The Huskadore originally met the Angela in a pretty poor state mind, nearly hopeless that he wouldn’t ever find a place to live after leaving his past life and family.

Lance suddenly told the multicolored mix that some required his assistance. The warrior wasn’t going to stand in his way if he needed to be somewhere. I don’t see why not. Come find me anytime, I’ll be around. He left it as sort of an open invitation. If the wolf wanted to train more later on he wouldn’t go so easy on him, but he wouldn’t tell him that. See ya later then. He bid the wolf fare well and headed back in the direction he’d originally come from.

Table by Marie

[/html]