Picking
[html]

WC: 355 OOC: Saqui is in Optime of course and wears nada ^^

Saqui had a few days to lay low and figure out the ways of AniWaya, it was different only because of the size, everyone helped one another out and Saqui liked that. She wondered if it was different under Dawali’s rule before he was taken from the leadership in this packland. That was a thing she would eventually find out someday, soon or in the far future she would not know, but it was interesting to see the place of her birth even though she didn’t know what hut she lived in, she remembered the stables, and it was as though it had been a dream just to see them almost the same as they once were when her mother was the master of them.

Today she would take a look at the crops after grabbing a gathering basket to use in case she did any harvesting. It was something she would have to get to know very well as this was now her new rank, even though she wanted to be a part of the horses and animals, the small bit of dog in her made her want to herd them up and make sure they did what they needed to, but there were enough caretakers, and too few in the art of agriculture and this was where she came in. She was out in the working fields and knew she would not be able to do this all by herself, though there didn’t seem to be a huge veriety of things, just the essential stuff of grain potatoes, and even tomatoes, in which she could see a few patches of red here and there. Thinking this was the perfect spot to start her new job. She set down the basket and took a look at each one making sure they were ripe, the ones that were over ripe, which was very few, she just plucked from the plant and set it aside, she would probably start making a compost field, perhaps that way they could replenish fertile soil that way. She would have to ask if there was one started already.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Not sure if the two of them would have met but Aranck would recognize her as an Utina.

Much of Aranck's time lately had been spent working on the archives/library that he was putting together. For now it was in the Town Hall but he did hope that at some point a real building just for that information could be constructed. The rest of his time was spent with his grandniece and teaching the AniWayans how to speak his home tongue. Yet there was what seemed a steady flow of Great Tribe members, flowing like a great river.

He was hoping that the crops were growing well, not that he knew a lot about plants besides herbs and medicinal plants. Even those he didn’t know as well as he used to, not in this area at least. Though those weren't as important any more since he was now a teacher and not a priest. So he headed towards the fields.

As he went there he saw a vaguely familiar face in the fields. Though she a bit young to be whom he thought it was. Was this girl related to the Utinas somehow? So his curiosity got the best of him. "Osiyo!" She smelled like the Great Tribe so he didn’t worry that she couldn’t understand him. Though if she was from there, would she recognize him? He wasn’t sure if they had met. All that he knew was that she looked a lot like an Utina, which couldn’t have been a coincidence, right?

Aranck Eluwilussit

<style>
.wisecrow .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.wisecrow-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#164B2B; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 5px;}
.wisecrow p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wisecrow b {color:#343670; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.wisecrow {background-color:#849997; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... d40a-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:325px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #518A68; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#518A68; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:350px; text-align:justify; }
.wisecrow-border {width:352px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.wisecrow .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #518A68; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Damn it, the second I was about to post Becca shadowposted me. :| This post is very awkward as a result. ;__; Hopefully it's okay I joined in anyway. +577

Unatsikanogeni hadn’t made much headway in his profession, as there hadn’t been many farmers inside the Tribe for him to consult about it. He was beginning to meet new wolves, though, and life in general was getting easier for the awkward man.

His spirit guide was there for him every step of the way, even when she wasn’t there. That is, she knew to give him space so he wasn’t constantly falling on her for reassurances, but today she’d decided to give him a nudge and walk with him to the working fields. He took the hint, following her lead and strolling from the village a little less clumsily than before. He was pretty sure all the clumsiness had been scared out of him when he met Aethusa, anyway.

As always, the sight of the crop rows stirred anxiety in the ruddy wolf, but he tried to swallow it. At least he knew more than he’d had when he arrived in AniWaya; Io had taught him a bit about what crops were useful to feed livestock, which was the plants’ purpose anyway. Maybe he’d start to recognize a few of them, and just learn about them from there.

“No pressure, right?” Una quipped to the doe walking beside him. She flicked her ears in acknowledgment then quickened her pace to a graceful trot. He jogged after her, his huffing and puffing betraying the fact that he didn’t run around much. He was a small, rangy guy, but his lack of weight also meant a lack of muscle, and it wasn’t hard for him to get winded.

He was doubled over, his hands on his knees, by the time they reached the fields. Udanvti was prancing toward the leaves with the confidence only a spirit guide could muster, and all he could do was follow until he noticed a brownish luperci kneeling amongst the rows of plants, and a more familiar old man standing near her. The young woman was grabbing at something red, maybe a tomato, and setting it into a little basket as if she knew what she were doing.

Well, there was a thought—maybe she did. And maybe she could teach him something.

“Osiyo! Osiyo!” Unatsikanogeni greeted brightly, lowering his ears a notch as he approached, mostly out of habit for being around the former Ookah. “Unalihelitseti, Aranck,” he mumbled for his sake. He shuffled awkwardly as Udanvti lingered in the background, politely leaving the wolves to themselves, and then decided to go into his plan.

“Tsagisadasgi gvdodi dagalogisgv?” he asked the young lady, before he realized three things.

One, that question had an obvious answer, unless she was crazy and just liked to steal tomatoes.

Two, he had lapsed into Cherokee around the former Ookah. He had tried to use English more, as that was the native language of the others around these parts, and so it frustrated him that he’d forgotten.

Three, it didn’t seem all that wrong that he had addressed her in his old tongue. Which meant…

“Are you from the—uh, the Great Tribe?” Una asked, realizing that she was painfully familiar. “I mean, you look—not that I’d know, I guess, since I haven’t really been social there, but… Nasginai galvladitsosv nasgiigvnisisgi, I’m sorry for being a bother.” He took three brisk steps backward and stared moodily off to the right, except that Udanvti was there with her big doe eyes, and so he looked the other way.

<style type="text/css">
.kniferz b {font-weight:bold; color:#827761; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kniferz b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.kniferz .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kniferz p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kniferz {margin:0px auto; width:481px; background-color:#c3d5e3; background-image:url(http://imgur.com/GSRfZ.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#627478; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 262 OOC: HAHAHA yeah that's fine and um that was hard looking up those words lol, but thar ya go Big Grin

A soft hum started to her lips, she wasn’t paying attention to it, nor would she remember when she stopped, but it was one that she knew well enough that she enjoyed it. It was soothing as she sat on her knees pulling out some fat ripe red tomatoes. Her hand went on a nice juicy looking one when she heard the greeting she turned to see a slightly familiar figure and it took her a second before she realized he spoke her tongue, was he from the great tribe too? He looked familiar.

"Unalihelitseti ududu, tsagisadasgi
"
She said to him the tomato still in her hand, she was trying to remember who he was. It was hard;

"Ale ayv dagovgi Saqui Utina" She said, then was distracted by the next man that came into view. He seemed almost shocked to see her picking the tomatoes and he asked a question that made her smile and then again he spoke asking her if she was from the great tribe; "a-ya" she said, speaking for both knowing farming and being from the great tribe; "Ale ayv dagovgi Saqui Utina" She repeated herself for the newcomer, smiling, but feeling slightly overwhelmed. It was nice to speak in a language she was comfortable with though she was confortable in both languages she spoke.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - OOC

She seemed to be trying to figure out who he was. Aranck nodded sagely. It wasn’t unreasonable for her to not know who he was. Ale ayv dagovgi, Aranck Eluwilussit, His tone was friendly and he gave her a rather charming smile. He could tell that Taga was rolling his eyes at his charge and Aranck ignored his Spirit Guide. ”I know of your family and am sorry that you lost your mother.” He truly was sorry. The only reason that she was gone was the fact that the idiot Maska was given too much power. He had advised that he shouldn’t have been sent but he hoped that they realized their mistakes.

Unatsi soon came over and greeted both him and the young Utina and Aranck gave an abrupt bow, causing Degataga to nearly fall off his place on Aranck’s shoulder. ”You did that on purpose didn’t you?” Aranck’s answer was simply a smirk and Taga sent him the impression of being unhappy with him. Aranck did respect his Spirit Guide but did like to ruffle the Spirit’s feathers. Taga was rather patient with his charge’s antics.

He was amused by Unatsi’s rather obvious question but simply observed the two of them with no small amount of amusement on his face. His eyes especially showed his amusement. He did have to keep from chuckling at the male’s obvious nervousness. But he wisely kept his amusement mostly to himself. ”I hope you find yourself welcome here, Saqui.” He didn’t see why not. Her mother was apparently well loved here.

Code by Kitty, Table by Sammiie & photo by Rezmutt@flickr

<style>
.Aranack1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Aranack1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Aranack1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#fbc567; text-shadow:#fbc565 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Aranack1 {background-color:#004e93; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/4ux4p0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:8px; }
.Aranack1-border {width: 500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Cruddy post, let me know if there isn't enough to respond to! I can pull Una out if it gets too awkward. Smile

The red wolf was embarrassed for so abruptly interrupting the conversation, and he stared moodily into empty space until the female—only a yearling girl—addressed him politely, offering up her name. He managed a flicker of a grin and gave his own: “Unatsikanogeni Adahy.” He was excited to learn that she was, indeed, familiar with his profession and could only guess that she was in it, too. The fact that she was from the Great Tribe was more ambiguous news, but she didn’t seem to recognize him in a negative way; she was probably too young.

He nearly jumped when Aranck spoke, and bowed his head quickly as he remembered his manners. “Ayadvsquu,” he said, as if he had any idea what they’d been discussing before, and then the rest of his mind caught up with his mouth as he stared at the girl and her blue eyes.

“Utina—hia kanati Utina?” Unatsi asked, cocking his head at her. Even though the man in question had been in the smaller colony of the Tribe for quite a while, he had since returned—and anyone who had become a Master of their profession was relatively popular.

<style type="text/css">
.kniferz b {font-weight:bold; color:#827761; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kniferz b.npc {font-weight:normal; font-style:italic;}
.kniferz .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kniferz p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kniferz {margin:0px auto; width:481px; background-color:#c3d5e3; background-image:url(http://imgur.com/GSRfZ.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#627478; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 246 OOC: she's being bombarded!! *hides in her shell*

She tilted her head as he did look slightly familiar. His name was not so much one of the great names but she was sure she saw him in the great tribe before. She did smile, but still a young one and no where near becomng a woman yet was not charmed by his smile, though she thought it was joy to actually meet her. He spoke and she looked down for a second; “She would be thankful. She is sorely missed to those who knew her;” She said, especially her family. Kuruk and she was old enough to know her and she had left an impression on the both of them. Saqui remembered her through the horses and things she taught her as a puppy, mostly moral things or stories of Lili’s parent’s life before they passed away.

she suppressed a giggle when the spirit guide nearly fell from the older man when he bowed to the two. She nodded; “Yes I feel very welcome here so far, thank you.” Her head tuned to Una and she nodded as he voiced his own wish. Then he asked her the question she was sure to get and she nodded. Her father was a renouned hunter. He was once the master hunter here and he was climbing up the ladder in the great tribe in that aspect. “Yes my father is Nayati Utina.” She said now suddenly becoming shy.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
OOC: I'm pulling Aranck out. You guys can continue on or whatever Big Grin

IC: It would seem that he she was at least somewhat familiar with him, or at least had seen him around the Tribe. Of course, by the time she had come, he was no longer part of the official council, having retired about a year before. Though he still would advise them, whether they wanted him to or not. Una seemed to be out of it and not paying attention to what was being said but he at least had responded correctly to being sorry about Saqui's mother. The younger man went onto staring at the female and Aranck held back an amused laugh, though he did give Una an amused and knowing grin.

She was amused by his spirit guide and Aranck was sure that if Taga could, he would pout. But instead he gave his charge a glare, one that clearly meant that it was all his fault. He then got an inspired thought, one that would lead to a possible small white lie but would maybe be worth it. "Saqui, it was nice to meet you. Una. I'm afraid I must leave you two youngsters. I have some things to copy into English." He then turned away, humming an old AniWayan love song as he went.