Uncle Sebby
OOC: August 8

Amatha was over a week old now. She was growing fast. No longer the tiny palm sized bundle, Amatha snuggled into his arms perfectly. He kept close watch over her when Isa needed a break, carrying her around. His duties had increased, traveling to bring food over regularly. It was even more difficult than from before she was born, as there were now two for him to care for. When he did have time, he sat in his room, carefully carving the pendant he hoped to one day give to his daughter.

Isa wasn't his only family. Realizing he'd been so busy he hadn't stopped by to see Sebastian Hadley borrowed Amatha and headed out. She wore a soft martin pelt that he had traded for some carvings. Holding her close he walked up to Sebastian's door and knocked. Smiling he looked down to Amatha, tail swaying. Time for you to meet your uncle. I'm sure he'll love you. There was no other way for it in his mind.
His lethargic fit was steadily improving. Still, though, life was throwing new hurdles. Hadley was married with a child. Jazper was probably going to make a move on that other leader any day now, he forgot her name. The one he gave the shirtless portrait too. What was her name?

He was interrupted from his musings by a knock on his door. Well, that was rare enough. Sebastian gazed at the solid wood for several moments before he swung his legs over and padded over to the barrier, yawning lightly as he opened the door with his neck habitually craned upwards.

"Ah, hello Had-" Sebastian flinched and recoiled as he saw the bundle in the massive hybrid's brawny arms. Oh gods, he hadn't brought the child here?

"...What is that, Hadley?" Sebastian's fur stood on end as his orange eyes fixed on the covered bundle in Hadley's arms. Gods, no. What on earth would make Hadley think he was a good influence?
[html]

OOC you dont wanna make him cry XD

He stood in the hall, fidgeting a little nervously as he waited for his dear friend to appear. Hadley might be free now, but he'd still willingly do anything Sebastian requested of him. The hybrid just couldn't forget what he owed Sebastian, how happy he made him feel. The door finally opened, Hadley beaming widely as Sebastian looked up, as cheerful as always. Suddenly the red wolf pulled back, apparently frightened. Confusion flickered in the male's dark brown eyes, wondering what had happened.

His ears drooped as Sebastian spoke, thinking that he'd disappointed him. Probably thought that he should have left Amatha with her mother. Hadley had just wanted to introduce them. More sadly now he held Amatha out a little. She's my daughter, Amatha. I thought you'd like to meet her... His voice trailed off, looking to his former master for approval of some kind. Anything to show that he hadn't completely screwed up in his actions. The small pup let out a tiny mewl, nestling down even further. This was okay, right?

<style>
.hdad .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hdad p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hdad b {color:#A67C15; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hdad {background-color:#EDFA82; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... leydad.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hdad-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hdad .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Sebastian took a quick step back as Hadley held it out. Gods, no. Why the hell would Hadley think that Sebastian would be a good influence on his daughter? Did he want her growing up even remotely like him? Ha. No. Most likely Hadley was still exerting his optimism, what little of it he retained.

Daughter Amatha. Lovely. As in terrible. For him, at least.

"Hadley," he began, keeping his voice steady. He rose up to the balls of his feet, instinct willing him to flee. "I... I do not think... Think that I would be... a good influence, I suppose, on your daughter. Me- I am not good with children." His accent had thickened notably, his fur still on end and his body language still making him appear on edge.
[html]

OOC

Sebastian backed away, and Hadley drooped down the rest of the way. Ears pinned he let out a short whine, pulling Amatha back into his arms. He'd just wanted to share his daughter with him. Hadley cared for Sebastian very deeply. To have this joy, and not be able to share it was painful. He watched Sebastian, wondering why he didn't like Amatha so much. Maybe it was because it meant he'd spend less time with the male, busy with his family.

The fluffed out appearance would have been comical had the scarred hybrid not been so upset by Sebastian's reaction. Not a good influence? He could grant the not good with children part, but as far as Hadley was concerned Sebastian was one of the greatest wolves alive. Not a good influence? Sebastian, you're... Depressed he stepped back, nodding his head. If Sebastian didn't want Amatha around, he would listen. Sorry...

<style>
.hdad {background-color:#EDFA82; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... leydad.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFCC00; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6E571D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hdad .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Of course Sebastian understood. This... being made Hadley happy. Hadley was, naturally, a man who liked to share what little happiness life had thrown his way. However, Sebastian could derive little joy from the thing in Hadley's arms. Sure, he was happy that Hadley was happy, but that was it. For now, he wasn't a fan of children.

"Hadley," he began, more sensibly, "I am... happy that you are happy. Truly, I am. However, I am simply... Not good with children. Very bad." Very, very bad. Sebastian took a short step back, his fur still puffed up with the sudden fright he had gotten.

"I do enjoy spending time with you, Hadley, but I fear... I cannot be comfortable, precisely, with such a young child so close." Young children were extremely breakable, after all. What if he dropped something on it? Or held it incorrectly? The chances for his accidentally injuring the child were much too great, even if she understood nothing around her.
[html]

OOC

The large male watched Sebastian, uncertain of how he could fix this situation and actually share the happiness he'd wanted to. The fluffed fur hadn't gone down, still giving the red male a comical appearance. The hybrid would have been tempted to pet the wolf if he didn't have his arms full. Just to find out exactly how puffed up the fur had gone. The calm tone kept Hadley's attention, soulful brown eyes watching every movement that the other made.

Not good with children. Hadley digested this fact slowly, part of him refusing to acknowledge the fact that he couldn't share this. Sighing he nodded his head. At this point, Amatha decided to wake up. Finding her mother missing she let out a small whine. Nervous now Hadley looked around. Do you have any milk? Isa was still at the grave, leaving Hadley in charge for Amatha for the most part. He was not her mother, however, and could not care for her as such.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Oh, gods. It woke up. It woke up and it was making noises. Sebastian's fur raised ever further, a slight wince on his face. Gods, why did he have to deal with this? He wasn't a nurse, or a trained puppysitter, or anything of the sort. He deplored spending time with children...

"No..." he managed to say, saffron eyes kept on the little fuzzy thing. Why on earth would he have milk? Just... no. He had wine, not milk. And somehow, Sebastian imagined wine would not be the best choice of drinks.

"Where is Ismeme? Or one of the other women? Or... a cow?" he suggested. They had cows, didn't they? Yes, he was quite sure they did. He had no idea of the difference between a mother's milk and a cow's milk. Why would he? He had deliberately shied away from most maternal and paternal education.
[html]

OOC

The panic on Sebastian's face did not help Hadley at all. Here he was with his daughter and a mate that was too far away to care for said daughter, and no milk to give her. Another whine escaped, this one higher pitched in volume. Hadley growled a little, moving further into the room as he straightened up. There had to be something he could give her! Ismeme's at the grave. I have no idea about the others, and we definitely do not have cows.

There had to be a solution. His mind raced, picturing possible sources of milk before settling on his mare, Blessing. Her foal Bella had been weaned just a short time ago, but the mare still had milk. Signalling for Sebastian to follow him Hadley left the room, strong steps crossing. He didn't take notice of others that might be in his way, aiming for the barn. Getting the milk would be more of a problem, but that was what Sebastian would be coming along for.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Oh. They didn't have cows. Well then. That wasn't too great. And from the look on Hadley's face, that wasn't the end of the matter. Couldn't they just wait until Ismeme came back? Oh god, why did Hadley want him to follow? Where was he going?

Sebastian followed uncertainly, trailing after the massive hybrid. Even in his current state, he could at least appreciate the view from behind.

"What do you need me for?" he asked, looking rather unwilling to get involved in this whole shenanigans. He had lounging around to do. And drinking! That certainly beat this... thing. Whatever the hell it was. Looking for milk.
[html]

OOC

Reaching Blessing Hadley turned around and moved to place Amatha into Sebastian's arms. The wide eyed fear was too much though, placing her in the hay instead. As much as he loved his daughter, her need for milk trumped the need to handle her gently. Try to sooth her. Her whines were growing more intense, Hadley's nerves beginning to crack. He stepped into the stall with Blessing, the normally calm mare stamping her feet, craning her head to see what was happening.

Gently he pressed a hand against her, trying to figure out if it was possible to milk a mare. He found where the milk was, Blessing swinging around and snapping at Hadley. He pushed the mare away firmly and grabbed a blanket. Carefully he milked her, the mare's irritation with the task clear. Once the blanket was soaked he stepped out, looking over to the hay. She seemed alright, despite the fact that the hay wasn't the softest material. Gently he picked her up, and held the cloth for Amatha to drink from. Hungrily the pup began to suck, enjoying the milk. At last, the cries were silenced.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Oh, gods. Sebastian may not want to admit it- he may picture himself as perfectly masculine, and in many ways he was. He didn't shirk from gutting a freshly-killed rabbit. He could throw knives and cut throats with the best of them. He was a good fighter and a strong individual. Milking, however, felt rather creepy to him. Who the hell discovered that they could drink cow's milk anyway? Or horse's milk?! Could they even drink horse's milk?

Sebastian didn't want to know. This was just one of the ways in which he resembled a pansy.

Still, at least he could soothe the puppy. Soothe her. Yeah. Sebastian knelt down beside her carefully, making sure that he didn't disturb the hay. He sang quietly, small catches of Italian in his low, purring, smooth tones. He wasn't a great singer, but he could hold a note well.

"Cara bel, cara mia bella, mia bambina, Amatha,
Que lastima, que lastima, Amatha, a cara mia, addio!
Mia bambina, cara, perche non passi lontanada, si lontanada Casa?
Cara caramia bambina, a mia bel! A mia cara, a mia cara,
A mia bambina, cara a mi..."

The good thing about knowing a foreign language was that no-one had any idea what he was saying. Well, Jazper a a few others did, but Hadley couldn't speak a word of Italian. Or so Sebastian believed.

Finally Hadley finished. And Sebastian could rest his voice, although it hadn't taken much more than a few seconds. The Italian took a few steps back from the angry horse just in case. He hated being around children, he hated being around horses, and he hated milking. What could make this day any better?
[html]

Relief covered the father's face, looking down as Amatha drank the milk. She worked pretty quick, the makeshift bottle empty within minutes. Yawning Amatha curled around, and fell back asleep. Good. He wouldn't have to disturb Isa, and face her blank features, eyes heavy with sorrow. His life had been painful enough that he had accepted the small gift they had received, the sorrow just one more burden to carry in his life. He looked over to Sebastian, smiling thankfully. Even with him not liking children, Sebastian was helpful. Always there when Hadley needed the support.

Thank you. Awkwardly he ducked down, kissing Sebastian on the lips before pulling away, holding Amatha close. He wanted to show how much he appreciated the help, but with himself being responsible for the pup and the sheer panic in Sebastian's features, Hadley was pretty sure the red male just wanted to leave and go back to his day. Sorry about this. He wished that Isa would recover from her sorrow and be able to help him. It was hard with the pup, as much as he loved her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Good. It was settling down. They slept after they had food, didn't they? He thought they did. Puppies and other small things. And yes, she was quieting down, curling up into a tiny ball and hopefully falling asleep. Great. Awesome. Excellent. At least Hadley was happy. Back to normal, too. He had been considerably more brusque when he had been looking for the horse.

And then he kissed him. It was quick, and a little bit awkward. Sebastian wasn't exactly his suave self in this place, surrounded by horses and with a small child in Hadley's arm. Still, he could lean slightly into the kiss while it lasted.

"It's quite alright, Hadley," he assured the much larger male unconvincingly. "I will be in my room if you need me for anything else." He hoped that he wouldn't need to specify please don't bring your child for her sake. It would have felt rather rude.
[html]

The kiss was good, despite it's awkward manner. Hadley rarely initiated such things with Sebastian. He was more forward with Isa, but this was a first for him. Hadley was tempted to deepen the kiss, lose himself in the moment, but he couldn't afford to do such things. Not when Amatha was so young and vulnerable, depending on him. He broke the kiss, staring down at Sebastian. What he wished...but no, this was life. Besides, things would turn out alright. They had so far.

He watched the red male leave, nodding his head before he turned and began to head back to the house where he was staying with Isa. Perhaps later he could go down and see Sebastian, let the wolf know how truly grateful he was for the help.

<style>
</style>[/html]