Time to Rest
[html]

out of character stuffs

He'd finally stopped patrolling. Instead he was being good, and actually waiting for his wounds to heal. His leg was nicely bound up, almost no pain in it when he was still. It still ached to move it and place weight on it, but surely it would heal up quickly. Lounging out in the sun Tharin watched as Lucia left the area and headed out to find her mother. She was growing quickly, becoming a beautiful young wolf. Her form still had the gangly look of youth, but the potential was visible.

Laying down his head Tharin thought about how small she'd been when he'd first met her. Only weeks old. His thoughts drifted over to Kiara, remembering the joy of finding someone similar to him after the fright of discovering luperci, and the fear when her pack had collapsed. He thought on the fun they had together, and the joy of being pack. It was good to have those that he cared for close to him. His tail wagged as he lowered his head, reflecting on all of his pack.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ciara O'Callahan

OOC: Multiple hints that no one knows she snuck out yet could lead to Tharin telling Auggie, just sayin. >.>

Ciara was happy with the way things were going despite the ongoing threat of Amy. She and Augustus were doing well. The training they’d done together had been invigorating in many ways, and the golden Epsilon just felt like it had helped their relationship. Augustus was forced to see that his little mate wouldn’t always bend to his will, and Ciara had found strength in herself as well. Her veins still thrummed with the intensity of the training even days later, as she picked her way among the borders doing her regular patrol.

All was well with the borders today, but the girl still checked each and every scent marker and landmark with scrutiny. She took her job as pack defender very seriously, and refused to allow herself any slack. One moment of carelessness would be all Amy needed to get in and hurt another one of her brothers and sisters, and Ciara would not allow that to happen. She had already snuck out of the pack lands to check the area around them and had stumbled upon a young, handsome wolfdog on her way who appeared to be helping New Dawn. Augustus had yet to find out about that as their time together had been minimal, and she hoped none of the other New Dawners would let him know. She’d be in for it.

Once she’d determined that the day was safe and the lands undisturbed, Ciara turned and trotted her way back to the den. She would drink from the cool water of the stream and more than likely pick out a cache to feed from then head out to patrol again. As she came near the den she too spotted Lucia on her way out and smiled fondly at the pup, remembering the afternoon she’d spent with the girl and her mother. Moving closer, Ciara brought up to a still as she noticed Tharin laying out in the sun. Her brown eyes glanced over his healing wounds and narrowed, trying to make sure from a distance that everything was fine. Augustus had told her about their confrontation, and she winced to think that the poor Gamma had faced a lecture at her mate’s paws. She would soon be hearing the same lecture.

“Hey Tharin,” she called out, moving closer to the lounging Gamma and settling down on her haunches near him. She sniffed delicately towards one of his healing wounds and gave it a tender lick, then leaned back again. “It looks like you’re healing up nicely. I hope Augustus didn’t give you too hard of a time…he can be a bit of an ass when he’s angry,” she said with an impish smirk. She knew that many in the pack thought that Augustus was too controlling, and she wanted to show Tharin at least that she didn’t fear her mate. She listened to him (sometimes at least) because she loved him.

Photo courtesy of Tenryuu, table by Stormie, inspired by 'Souls

<style type="text/css">
@import url("http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Redressed");
.COC {text-align:center; font-family:redressed, cursive; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#47300f; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.COC1 b {color:#f5d8ae; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.COC1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.COC1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#79602a; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/ciaoc.png"); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.COC1 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin's head lifted from where it had rested as someone approached the den. His tail thumped softly as he recognized Ciara. Her scent was strong along the border, joining them as they worked to keep it safe. At least, he had been part of that group. Tharin was forced to stay back and rest now. His amber eyes met her brown ones, calm and cheerful despite the torn up condition he was currently in. No point in moping about what couldn't be changed.

He appreciated the attention, nudging against Ciara gently. Yes. Doesn't look like there will be any scars. At least, not ones that would be visible through his thick fur. His ear, on the other hand, couldn't be fixed. It was gone for good. Shaking his head when asked about Augustus Tharin let loose a low chuckle. He was fine. Doing his job. I was disappointed in his actions, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ciara O'Callahan

OOC here!

Ciara was pleased when Tharin nudged her back in wolfish affection, and she settled into a more relaxed posture beside the sun-bathing wolf. Laying down, she stretched her paws before resting her head on them and allowed her tail to thump across the ground a few times when Tharin spoke of Augustus. “His first priority is duty to the pack. Sometimes he has to turn into a bit of a jerk to do what he thinks is right, and you might not ever hear an apology from him because he’s so…stubborn…but he has the best intentions,” she said, speaking up for her mate even though Tharin hadn’t said anything bad. She was growing weary of this communal belief that Augustus was an ass, tired of the others being tense around him because he was a serious male.

“He told me you brought a pup back with you,” she said, ears perked forward. Mature now, Ciara was almost always thinking of pups, even though she and Augustus had yet to consummate their mateship. “Where did you find her, what is she like?” she asked, unable to hold back the barrage of questions. “Do you think they’ll let me look after her? I always wanted to be a pup-sitter.” In her youthful excitement she had turned to rambling, and blushed when she realized. Her ear twitched, and she looked sheepishly down to her paws. “Sorry…I just get excited around pups,” she murmured, falling silent now until Tharin took the time to process and answer her many questions.

<style type="text/css">
.COC {text-align:center; font-family:redressed, cursive; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#47300f; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.COC1 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#79602a; background-image:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Alphawolf155/ciaoc.png"); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Ciara settled down next to him, joining the injured wolf as he took in the rays of sun and spent his time relaxing, rather than thinking about patrolling and hunting. His healing was coming along quicker now that he wasn't constantly tearing it open by doing things. He listened to Ciara's words, hearing the protective edge. He hadn't expected that. Was something going on with Augustus that he didn't know about? He's a good epsilon. Those that would challenge him over that will have to face me as well. He wouldn't let his pack mate be scorned for doing his job.

The excitement Ciara held for the pup was in a sharp contrast to how Augustus had responded to the news. The epsilon had told him to leave the pup outside the pack where he'd brought her from. Ciara was female though, so she probably had better instincts for these things. She was hiding under Amy's wagon. Her paw's damaged. She's very quiet. He paused, letting Ciara finish with her questions. Chuckling he nodded his head. I don't see why you can't look after her. Maybe she'll talk to you.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ciara O'Callahan

OOC: Finishing this up for us before I go on absentee status, hope you don't mind hun. It was great threading with you and I'd love another when I get back. <3

The girl relaxed when Tharin defended her mate’s merit as an Epsilon. It made her feel so much better to know that not everyone thought he was a jerk. It wasn’t that she was ashamed of Augustus herself, but she felt a little worried for him, that he might feel alone since he was close (-really- close) to so few in the pack. At least he had Tharin, and after getting to know the male a little better, Ciara was confident that the two would get along well. They were both free of the Luperci taint, and seemed so alike that she had no doubt they’d understand each other.

Tawny ears perked when Tharin continued to talk about the pup. She was interested to find that the girl had been found under Amy’s wagon. What was the dog doing with a pup? Did she harm her? The Epsilon’s fur bristled at the thought while Tharin included that the pup was hurt. That made her ears twitch and fall back against her skull, worry clear in her brown pools. “I’m sorry that she’s hurt, has she been to one of the healers?” Ciara asked, hoping Tharin had had sense enough to take the pup to get some aid.

When the offer went out for Ciara to look out for the pup, her heart stilled. She knew that Augustus probably wouldn’t go for it. He seemed to be terrified of pups and she’d need to ask him before she accepted anything. “I’ll talk to my mate about it, first, and then get back to you. I would love to look after her, but I don’t think Augustus would appreciate coming home to a surprise pup,” she said, chuckling. “I really would like to take her, though….I’ll try to convince him!”

With that the Epsilon was up, licking over Tharin’s head and grinning. “I’m going to go find him now,” she said, excitement clear in her tone. With that she darted off to find her mate and ask him if they could take in this poor, lost puppy. With his icy disposition she didn’t know if he’d accept or not, but maybe if she asked nicely enough, his heart would melt just enough to let the puppy into their home.

<style type="text/css">