mk one
[html]
short~

Amaury rolled out of bed with a mild headache, dodger blue eyes glanced over to his sleeping brother. Luuk was hunched over th space where Amaury had been as, as per usual, they'd slept together last night. His large sandy arms were looped around an imaginary space where the smaller pied male had made his rest. But still he slept soundly so Amaury did his best to leave the hill house quietly. Closing the small wooden door behind him he clambered up the sloping walls to lie on the 'roof'. The grassy structure was damp, but Amaury didn't mind. The beads of morning dew seeped into him fur, but didn't do much to get him wet from it. The sun was high in the sky and shone warm light down though the two or three clouds that littered an other wise blue sky.

He had been meaning to do something useful in Vinatta, but late nights and lie in made it kind of awkward for the usually drugged up creature. Plush the alcohol, drugs and smokes didn't help. Nor did they hinder in fact. He was a master of working through the haze. Pulling a chuck of grass out of the earth he twirled the grass in his fingers aimlessly.

<style type="text/css">
.mx2am b {font-weight:bold; color:#01b8fe;}
.mx2am p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.mx2am {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... oggwap.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
This be short too / 220

The day dawned bright and clear but still a layer of mist had hung around his footpaws as he had set out on his patrol. The hot sun burned off the misty tendrils as he made his way through Jordheim, cutting down past his brothers house, past Ezra's hillock and into a part of the village that he had not yet explored. He was unaware of half of the new members, having not met most of them yet, so when he saw a pale canine figure reclining on the roof of a house he started. It took him a moment to engage his brain and he snuffled his nose in the mans direction, picking up the definitive pack scent. Nier heaved a sigh of relief and moved closer, introducing himself was definitely a good idea. As Vald he now had more responsibilities, making himself known to the pack was one of them.

He stopped a respectful distance away from the mans house and called out, his handpaw raised in greeting. Hi there. Sorry to bother you, thought I'd introduce meself as we haven't met yet. He shot the pale canine a smile, his Irish charm just seeping out all over the place, I'm Niernan Stormbringer, pleasure to meet you...? He left the question hanging there, waiting for the man to respond.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc here

The pied creature sat upright abruptly. 'Uh1 Ja! Ja!' his maw scrambled out quickly, as he'd be caught unaware. Stubby wolfish ears panned around for sound and found another guy standing around. A slide off of his domed roof to greet him, understandably still shaky from his drinking and smoking. Not to mention the late nights. 'Nah, nah! S'cool. Names Amaury. Amaury de Jong. If ya sees a big guy, dun't speak much, even in goat! Big n' brownish, like ugh, bushes out in da savannah! That's ma bru, his is Luuk' he waffled casually. Still he'd forgotten to cotton onto the fact that he was confusing as fuck once he got going, but surprised and half awake, his goat an English mash up was the best anyone would get.

From the patch of grass next to his house, curtained off by a poorly constructed fence with nails sticking out (the horses were smart enough to keep away from these), Dexter whinnied softly. 'Ja, ja! Shuddup! Stom perd!' he hollered in Goat, not sure if the horse understood. But never the less the pair of horses returned to their scratching post, a large tree log as opposed to the fence.

<style type="text/css">
.mx2am {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... oggwap.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait sweetness / 300. 3 pts

Nier was unprepared for the onslaught of heavily accented words that came from the mans mouth. He smiled at the mans frantic reasoning, catching his name; Amaury, and that of his brother; Luuk. He nodded as he got the general gist of Amaury's words, chuckling to himself, And here I thought my accent was hard to understand. Pleasure to meet ya Amaury, I'll be sure to say hi if I run into Luuk. His Irish accent lending the words a lilting tone. His eyes scanned the piebald man, noticing the slight shake he had, Nier didn't know whether that was normal for him or if it was something wrong, he didn't want to ask in case he offended the man, and that would definitely be a bad start to his promotion.

He jumped slightly as the man unexpectedly shouted something in his odd language, the words sent over to the horse that had whinnied in the mans yard. The horse quieted abruptly and returned to scratching himself on a log. Nier smiled at the horses, his mind flitting over to his own equine companion, the little colt still penned up in the stable. He nodded at the horses in the yard, That's a handsome pair of horses ya got there, we got a stables ya can put 'em in if ya want. My own colt, Darcy, is holed up there. He eyed the man again, taking in the mans unusually coloured fur, that tattoo over his heart and the multiple piercings. Nier pointed at the piercings curious about them. Where'd ya get them done? I've been looking for someone with the skill so I can get my own ear done. He fingered his left ear where he wanted to get it pierced, the tan furred pinna unmarred by modifications so far.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc here

Amaury shifted awkwardly as Niernan reference his accent. While he wasn't shy about it, he didn't really know what to do about it and ended up standing there looking like a little kid. The African gave an unsure laugh alongside the Irishman, his blonde tipped tail flickering behind him awkwardly. They moved on to talking about horses, and Amaury felt calmer now, 'E's a dumb horse, stom perd, wat iz...' he murmured with a shake of his head. 'Uvver 'uns bit smarta... Dun' make az much chatta, ja?' he added gesturing to the other horse. 'Betta off ere. Dun' wan' em gettin' comfy. Ain't got 'em for buddies, ja?' Amaury rambled with a shake of his head. No, they were work animal who'd do well from being outside.Or at least that's what he had learnt back home.

'Did 'em maself!' he chirped up, 'Can do ya's if ya wan'?' the African offered with confidence. 'But yanno! I ent got nuffin fancy like un a dem gun thingys!? Jus a needle, but it'll be fine, promise, ja?' he assured excitedly, his tail flickering more and more.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
short reply / 363. 3 pts

Nier noticed that his little accent joke hadn't gone down too well and had made the piebald man awkward, he mentally noted that he should avoid comments on accents, no matter how interesting they were. He was intrigued by the mans slang and the drawl in his voice, completely different to Niernans own. He wouldn't ask though, the awkward laugh emitted by the man enough to make him move off the topic.

Amaury seemed more than happy to talk of the horses, naming the vocal one as a dumb animal, this made Nier frown in confusion. He had yet to come across a stupid horse, but he would take the mans word for it. He said that the other was smarter and less noisy, Nier smiled at that. He nodded understandingly as Amaury explained that they were working beasts and it was in their benefit to be kept outside. He wouldn't question the man on that, each to their own and all that.

It was when Nier asked about the piercings when Amaury really came alive, the males tail flicking frantically and his words filled with enthusiasm. Nier was surprised when Amaury admitted to having done them himself, he eyed them with renewed respect. They really did look quite good. He shrugged as the other admitted to it being done with nothing fancy, simply a needle, he didn't mind that. Besides, if anything went wrong they had a healer on hand in the form of their leader. Niernan nodded in response to Amaury's offer, Sure thing, if ya don't mind doing it for me? He asked. Nier dug around in the pockets of his shorts, just them remembering that he had taken to carrying around a thick hoop of silver that he had found while cleaning out his house, in the hopes of finding someone to pierce his ear. He found it in the bottom of a pocket and produced it, holding it up so Amaury could see, Do ya reckon this would do, ya know, to fill the hole after we've shoved a needle through me ear? He chuckled, but still genuinely wanting the mans opinion as he had no idea about this practise.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]