The Red Queen
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Optime. Mid-day.

Ever since his talk with X'yrin, he hadn't left this place. It had been a long time since he had actually went into the pack grounds to do anything. For he knew if he did, he would have to face her. Face his weakness, and face what in the past few days was inevitable. Instead he had spent his days whittling away at bits of wood, creating his own make shift chess board complete with pieces. He was no wood worker and would not say that his set was a master works. However it was better than the stones that he had been using for the past few days. The last piece that he had been whittling was the opponents Queen. Using a sharp piece of flint from the mountain side he carefully finished the lat part of it. One set of pieces would be a natural wood finish. The others however, he had another plan for. He took the piece of flint and ran it along one of the marks that had been healing for the past few weeks. It opened up and spouted fresh blood which he collcted in a small earthen bowl from the packs grounds.

Ignoring the rest of his wound, he would dip each of the opponents pieces in the bwol, ensuring they would be soaked with his blood. giving them a fresh blood red colour. Soon it would harden and turn maroon, giving the other pieces a distinction from the rest. White queen, Red Queen. Placing each piece on its intended slot within the board, he would lean back against the mountain wall and allow them to dry. As for his wound. Well he wouldn't fix it, not quite yet. He would allow the blood to crust and then perhaps apply a leaf or two before cleaning the wound fully out. Some would perhaps say there was a sadness around the scene that followed, for X'ies however this was a kind of peace. Without seeing X'yrin, without interacting with his pack, there was just him and his thoughts. His chess pieces. He filled his time making them, and would now fill the rest plotting with them moves to advance himself, and the pack when he inevitably returned to their grounds. But not yet. He had things to contemplate on, and he had to glue his mindset back together.

[/html]
Thana was still angry about the whole situation with Jaden, wanting nothing more than to teach them a lesson. She would have but she knew she would have to deal with the whole pack if she did. Her and Anna would have never made it out without serious injuries. Not wanting to put Anna in harms way, she decided against attacking, even if she really wanted to. He would still need to be taught a lesson though. Perhaps not through violence as she had planned but he would learn that is was a mistake to play with her heart the way he did.

The pair made their way up to the northern area, nearing Jaden’s pack. Thana led them around the area, almost circling the pack as she debated on what to do. She picked up the scent of a male from Jaden’s pack and she practically snapped, wanting nothing more than to attack. Once the man was in sight, she calmed down a bit. He was off on his own, away from the pack. Perhaps he had been separated from them for a little while, she couldn’t be sure. If something happened between him and one of the leaders though, she could easily use him as a tool to get her revenge. She stepped closer, watching him carefully in case he decided to attack. Anna was on edge as well, still not comfortable around most men. Not interested in being around your pack?
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

The wind brought the scent of a female, not X'yrin. Part of him thankful, a smaller part. Disappointed. She would approach, bringing with her, her young. X'ies eyes lazily drifted over the two, despite the look in his eyes of course. He was studying the two, their movements. Body langauge, eyes of intellect and cunning hidden in a fog of uncertainty. "....A female, a child...tense...voice holds aggression....wanders near pack lands...can't be because shes defensive, surprised to see another....lands are clearly marked....asks me if I'm not interested in being in packs company...indicates familarity....". His eyes returned to his chess set, his talk was less to her, and more to himself. Focus on being what he was. A Lambda, cold. Logical, analysing what was in front of him to great detail."...Familiarity and aggression indicates danger...danger should be responded to with violence......threaten the child...berserk the mother....gouge her throat out with stone". His words continued, seemingly ignoring the two around him. He picked up the rook and looked at it before returning his eyes to the two.

"....But I'm not the fighter...the knight...I'm just the rook..I watch...I see...I think...".

He would slowly stand up and give them the once over again. "...I am here because I do not think well among others....they are...noisy....and I must erase...". He looked to the sky. " Weakness.

[/html]
Thana became agitated as the man spoke, snapping her jaws together as he mentioned threatening Anna. You will not come near my child if you know what’s good for you. The threat was clear in her tone as she grew ever more angry. She moved forward swiftly, pressing her dagger against his throat as Anna strung her bow, prepared to shoot him at any moment.

I did not come here to deal with you. All I want is to inflict pain on Jaden. I could care less about you, but threaten me or my daughter again and I will end your life. If this man got in her way she wouldn’t hesitant to cause him harm or even kill him. She had already done so to many others for much less or even no reason at all.
[html]

X'ies let out a mild sigh as the woman approached him angrily. Her blade close to his throat, but in turn he would tap the edge of his extremely sharp rock against her lower abdomen. "...Won't kill...at first....pierces large intestine...spills waste out into the body....bacteria kills over time in agony if blood loss doesn't kill quickly...". He stated as a point of fact, tilting his head to the left, his eyes still foggy. Fear not part of his resume it would seem. "...Familiarity confrimed...Jaden....carries dagger, child carries bow...similar weapon types....wish for aggression confirmed...". X'ies let out a smirk. "..I didn't say you had come to deal with me...though the fact you mention this thought, and that you approached me instead of sneaking in indicates that you do have some business..".

Looking back at Thana X'ies would simply state as he saw. "..You aren't particularly big on the brains thing are you?....you have literally spilled out your entire interest in being here to me...allowed me to lure you into this position...now I know its hard...but think about this.....if you pierced my throat, I would pierce your lower abdomen...that strike might not kill you right away, but it will cripple you....assuming you survive my strike.....the others will either hear my death call, or will smell blood on the wind...the moment they do its only a matter of time before they come across my body and trail it back to you...at which point for murdering a member of the pack...you and your daughter will be executed....if you do not survive..same situation occurs, only this time your daughter is executed for being an accomplice to the murder, perhaps even an acting one considering that you were smart enough to arm her".He let out a confident grin.

"...Now how about you shut up, put the knife down, and take a fucking seat....then...we'll talk about your issues with Jaden".

[/html]
Thana listened to him carefully, realizing he was right. She was acting blindly. She needed to calm herself down and think before she acted, otherwise she would put Anna in danger. She stepped back, returning her dagger to the sheath on her thigh. I apologize. I’ve been acting blind with anger. I need to think before I act right now. Thana turned to Anna, motioning for her to put the bow away as she sat down in front of the man.

Calmed down, she met his eyes with her own, keeping an expressionless look on her face. So you want to talk about Jaden huh? I take it you aren’t too fond of him then either. It seemed even his own packmates had something against him. Was he not a good leader? Perhaps not. Thana didn’t really know, she wasn’t around long enough to notice. I don’t remember seeing you when I was here so I suppose you joined sometime after. She paused for a moment before continuing. I have a history with Jaden. He hurt me and now I want him to feel the same pain he caused me.
[html]

X'ies had amazingly managed to defuse the situation. This taught him one thing about the female, she was a protector type. She and the younger one with the bow, he suspected that if he hadn't added on the little bit at the end about her daughter being killed regardless of what happened to her...she might well have followed through with her idea. The point of her dying may have been an offput, but he suspected it leaned more towards what would have happened to those she was unable to protect from the claws and fangs of X'ies' pack. He suspected of course that only X'yrin would carry out such an execution. The rest of the pack....they didn't have it in them.

"...I don't recall mentioning that.....".

X'ies would mumble to himself, none the less though he would listen to what she had to say. As was priorly stablished she seemed to have some jupe with the pack, and that seemed to take on the form of the alpha male Jaden. This was of course no little surprise to him. Considering that every single problem that the pack had as far as Jaden went came in tightly wrapped female form. He was easily begining to draw a swift conclusion here. "..Let me guess, you were humped and dumped".Part of this caused him further annoyance for his own problem. He came to two conclusions, either evolution had royaly humped every single female of their species into thinking that Jaden, who was in X'ies eyes, the equivalent of a dumb blonde, was the height of evolutionary and genetic prowess. The second,....everyone he had met up till this point bar perhaps the inferni female. Was a blundering idiot. And that....that did not seem like the least likely of the two.

"...Ok so, just so I can get this right...you are a scorned lover..I'm imagining you are probably the one that came before X'yrin, or hell maybe he chose X'yrin over you...either way, I'm going to level with you here....in what situation do you possibly see the idea of revenge BEING a good idea?"

He looked over at the daughter again. "...The idea is much of the same, you attack Jaden..you are likely to get executed...and since you were smart enough to bring her with you, she'll get the same fate...though since he's an alpha your death will PROBABLY be more prolonged...torture and such...fun times all round really....physical revenge is never a good idea, always much better when you actually do something that'll make a difference in the long run...I can tell you now...you won't be able to kill him, not with your...collateral damage over there...So I have to wonder why you are even going to try...ah but then again...thats my second conclusion for you..". Everyone is an idiot " But to save us both time...I'm just going to go ahead and stirr things up". And with that, he let out a call for one of the leaders to show face.

"....You want to go ahead with crazy revenge scheme..you got a MUCH better chance in this secluded area...".

[/html]

OOC Conclusion: Thana tells X'ies all about the events which occured between her and Jaden and what happened when X'yrin came into play. X'ies takes note of this, and convinces Thana to put away plans of vengence for a less violent confrontation. The two leave each others company in a peaceful manner.