just seen a face [j]
- Character Name: Samson Adonis
- Character Birthdate (including year): February 2nd, 2006
- Whether s/he is a regular coyote or a Luperci: Luperci
- Your e-mail: technicolor.socks@gmail.com
- A secondary form of contact: aim-omg its kitaahyy
-cracks knuckles- I'm a little rusty...

The silence was as eerie as it always was. Samson twitched his left ear, tilting his head slightly, catching nothing. Logically he knew there must be sounds going on around him; there was a bird in the tree above him, he was crunching twigs-- he could feel them beneath his padded feet. But no sound. Two months now with almost no noise. The hybrid felt his heart sink as he realized there was no hope for him, now. He was a permanently deaf animal, a major weakness that would probably result in his early death. He paused, remembering that he could faintly hear his sister when she nursed him. That meant he had a little hearing left. Enough to communicate, which, he supposed, was all that mattered. A frown now gracing his visage, he picked up again, delicately sniffing the air to discern exactly where he was.

How fascinating, he was on the borders of a coyote pack. It had been a while since Sam had been with his peers. Fear had left him hiding, and even now, it's icy grip clutched at his head, sending his nerves on overdrive. Another bear, a wild or rabid buck, even an angry coyote would be all it took to wipe him out, and he wouldn't hear them coming. Sitting back, the male's almost-white eyes closed, conjuring the scene to his mind once again. Him and his sister, Alexandria. Joined at the hip, they went out hunting, only to be blindsided by a bear. Heroic instinct had taken him over, and he had shoved Alex away, and jumped at the bear like an idiot.

The fight didn't last long. The bear shook his scrawny body away as if he were a fly, giving him a nasty scratch across his rump before he kindly tossed the wolfyote into a nearby tree. Or, more accurately, against it. There had been a loud crack and silence, as he'd sat, crumpled, dazedly watching the grizzly wander away nonchalantly. Alex had helped him to safety, tended to his wounds. It wasn't until later that they realized the throw had apparently popped his eardrums, or damaged them somehow. He'd hidden away from the world until Alex, hoping to help him get over his fear, had pretended to abandoned him. So he had walked, taking small steps until he could sleep at night without worrying about attack.

This is how he ended up here, sitting somewhere unidentifiable to him. Indecision rattled him. After a long moment, he nodded to himself and thrust his thin muzzle into the air and howled, his voice rusty from misuse.
[html]
I do apologize if the length of this isn't up to par, but I wanted this thread to get a response. :] And if anything sounds realllllly funny, blame it on the word filter game. X3

It had only been a few days since the young de le Poer boy had finished the construction of his tree house 127.0.0.1, which was located right next to the lake and near the bridge that lay across the smallest stretch of water in the lands. It was an odd thing to see in the place, he already knew, but having come from Europe, it had been to hard for him to get used to sleeping outside. The place was sturdy, it did well to keep out the cold. The only problem that the blonde one could find was that it was less homely than he would have liked, which could easily be resolved when he finally got all of his things gathered and moved in. Getting stuff into a tree, even with a ladder to climb to do so, was simply not an easy task.

Jasper had been lounging on the large stack of random pillows when the call came, which quickly caught his attention. He waited for a moment, listening as it drifted off to nothing more than a memory, and finally decided that it was a call from the borders. Clambering to his feet, Jasper made his ways as quickly as he could to the door of his tree house, grabbing the dirty stuffed white rabbit as he exited. It took him only a few seconds to clear the ladder and finally have his feet on the ground, where he turned to drop the stuffer rabbit into his red wagon. Taking hold of the handle, Jasper started off toward where the sound had come from.

Even if there was the slightest chance that it was Gin, which it didn't sound like it was, Jasper wanted to be sure that he had the rabbit with him, ready to give to his cousin as a gift. Before long, the dark haired boy could see the other in the distance, two toned eyes drawing across his form as he moved closer and it became more and more detailed. "Y'need somethin'?" He asked then, just a few feet away, stopping. It wasn't Gin, unfortunately, but he hadn't gotten his hopes up enough for that fact to crush him, at least.

[/html]
dont worry about length Big Grin this is going to be short, anyway /:

Ah, there it was. His eyes flickered over the approaching form, taking a tiny step back and letting his head drop in respect at the light colored male. Left ear jumped to attention. Samson could see that the male was talking. He squinted. Something like.. yeed thin? Amusing as that was, it obviously wasn't what the male had said. Well, hopefully-- you just never know when you're dealing with a crazy person. After a moment of deliberation, he opted for a soft 'hm?' to express his lack of understanding. It wasn't as brash as 'what' at any rate. The male wasn't idiotic, though. He was a trespasser at a border, he needed to introduce himself, did he not?

'I-- my name,' the cinnamon male started, voice scratching and hitting different volumes, 'is Samson Adonis... terribly sorry for trespassing, I was wondering if this pack might have a place for me?' The were looked away, suddenly ashamed of his handicap. How could a pack have any use for him? He wouldn't be able to help, much, in pack hunts. He might miss meetings because he couldn't hear his Omega's call. This had been a terrible idea... but he couldn't do anything now, could he. Samson would just have to wait for the inevitable rejection.

[html]
Happy Turkey Day :]

"Jasper de le Poer." The young male offered in return, inclining his head in a polite sort of fashion. Greeting people at the borders was not a task that he was used to, especially in a place such a this, so by his laid back sort of manner and less-than-serious attitude, it was evident that he was new to the whole thing. New and ignorant were two different things though and those who knew Jasper well might have mistaken him for the ignorant type. He'd picked up on the odd sound of the other male's voice, which was honestly hard to miss, but it didn't occur to him that anything might be wrong aside from a stressed throat or something of that nature.

"Depends." He answered honestly, staring at the other. "It's up to my Omega, really, but I s'pose if ya got some neat skills or something then there'll be a place for ya here." In other words, he needed to know those skills to ensure that it was worth calling for Hamlet. Jasper wasn't the type to make decisions on his own anyways, so even if the male didn't have any to list, he'd still end up calling for his Omega, he simply kept that fact to himself. It was curious, also, that Rusalki had yet to show up. His friend often didn't miss out on watching Jasper meet new people and the fact that this was his first experience at the borders only made it that much more odd.

[/html]
you too :] gah i'm so rusty.

A troubled look was starting to haunt the young male's eyes. The other was introducing himself, but he couldn't hear anything, only a mumble, a vibration of what should have been words but instead reminded him of a bee. Awkwardly he half-nodded, half tilted his head, letting a tiny whine escape.

Samson hoped that would be the end of it, but of course, he was wrong. The male picked up again, and he strained, watching the other's mouth movements and trying to piece together with the intonation and the few sounds he heard. Funny thing though, about lip reading a were. It's close to impossible, given the unique shape of the muzzle. He hung his head. 'I'm sorry,' the were mumbled, flicking his right ear back. 'I can't-- I can't hear...' very well. But why try to exaggerate any ability left in his ears? Sell himself as completely deaf. Morbidity had never been his style, but he was tottering of the urge of a depression, and who could blame him? Besides himself. He picked his head up and bared his teeth apologetically.
[html]

Couldn't hear? The words took Jasper by surprise and for a moment the young male could only stand and stare. What was he supposed to do now? He didn't want to let on at all that it would actually be his decision whether or not to allow a newcomer in if he greeted them, definitely not a choice that he wanted to make, but those were the orders of the Omega and Jasper didn't really have a choice. Suddenly confused, ivory teeth slipped over his bottom lip, chewing lightly in a nervous manner. How could he possibly find out the information needed if he couldn't communicate with the male, he didn't have a paper and pencil handy.

It was at that moment that the idea hit him and he quickly released the handle of the wagon, shifting his weight to drop him toward the ground. He landed in a seated position, legs curling toward his body, and he lifted one finger, pointing at the stranger. With that finger he motioned, almost as if signaling the other to come closer, and then pressed it against the ground. It took a bit of effort, the dirt was hard and cold, but finally Jasper managed to write the words in the dirt. Can you read and write? It might take a bit but, if the stranger could, then Jasper could get the information needed. Not that he would really turn away a deaf coyote.

[/html]

Eyes shut. Rejection was sure to follow his statement. Only an idiot would take a wretched creature into their pack. After the moment didn't come, he opened one eye to find the boy writing in the dirt. Wha- he crouched, tilting his head forward to read the words. After a moment the were's mouth split into a wide grin, excitement bubbling up inside him. He had never thought of this method-- how stupid of him, completely idiotic, what a fool he was, but that was beside the point now, because obviously this pack member was expecting an answer of some sort.

'Yes, I can,' the hybrid responded, still grinning. Now he did have a chance. Of course, he'd have to go scrounging for a pad of paper and a stick of graphite to carry around, so he could communicate with others at all times. Rather, have them communicate with him. Samson hesitated for a minute, before opening his mouth once more. 'I think-- maybe, if you talk directly into my left ear, I might be able to hear you.' He felt bad, making the poor boy go through all this trouble just to get some simple answers. Shoulders tensed as he leaned forward, cocking his left ear forward with an apprehensive expression.
[html]

The grin from the stranger had given Jasper the slightest bit of hope that his idea had been at least halfway decent and, when finally words were once more spoken, it was confirmed for him. Smiling, though very slightly, Jasper gave a bit of a nod in understanding, though there was a bit of hesitation hidden inside of him. Did he really want to get so close to a stranger to speak with them? Jasper knew horrors, he often read many different kinds of books, and he understood that the stranger could up and slit his throat at any time if he were that close. What else was there to do though? If he kept writing in the dirt like that it would end up killing his fingers.

Leaning forward just a bit, very slowly, he began to speak. "I'm Jasper, this place is the Pack of White Supremacy." He began, doing his best to speak as clearly as he could, though not to loudly in case it actually worked and it hurt the ears of the male. "Do you have any skills, anything different from hunting or things like that?" Jasper could only imagine that simple things like hunting were extra difficult for the older coyote. He leaned back after a short moment then, two toned eyes seeking out the face of the other, in search of some expression of understanding or even the answer to his question.

[/html]
When the boy leaned forward, Samson let his eyelids drop, summoning all his power to concentrate on the others voice. M Jasper.. tis place s clou..ed tears.' The were's eyes opened, nodding in comprehension. 'Nice to meet you, Jasper.' He bit his lip, trying to pierce together the last bit of information. The name of the pack, he interpreted it as, was Clou-ed Tears? No, no, Cloued wasn't a word. the Pack of White Supremacy was what he had meant.

Slowly the muscles in his shoulders relaxed, ears tilted forward yet again when the male began to speak, clarifying what he had asked earlier. Skills? Different from hunting, or ordinary things, he supposed. 'Erm,' the hybrid started, scratching his head. 'I can read an' write.' There had to be more. Samson racked his mind. 'I suppose m'a bit of an artist, too.' If artistry was simple sketches against recycled bits of scratch paper. Although the male would have no knowledge of such things, joining a pack was a bit like applying for a job. Your resume was what you could do for the pack, what experiences you've had. And if you sold yourself short... well, you'd be looking for a different pack.

Now his question was: would the Pack of White Supremacy take a deaf dog?
[html]

The sound of his name being spoken was the first sign that his words had been understood, or at least halfway, and Jasper was somewhat pleased with how it was now working out. More curious about Samson, rather than his skills and such, Jasper continued to listen, nodding his head in understanding as he continued in with what skills he had. It wasn't a very long list, neither had his own been, but Jasper understood that some skills, though they might not seem useful, could be so. Hardly anyone knew what exactly Alchemy was but they had accepted him none-the-less.

"Sounds good." He said, leaned forward just a bit more, trying to give a somewhat reassuring smile despite his own nervousness. "As long as you're willing to try I don't see a reason not to let you stay." This was the right course of action to take, wasn't it? "So you're welcome in our lands as a Betalpha for now." Was that what their Omega would say? "If you need any help with anything else, feel free to find me or anyone else." His unsureness of the whole thing was showing through, much by the way that he spoke and how his eyes wandered as he sat there. What now?

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls!

Hey, welcome to Bleeding Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of coyote roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update the postlog at the very bottom of your profile according to the threads you're in.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
'scuse the length, per favore!

The anticipation gnawed at him. Sam looked down nervously, awaiting his judgement, which followed momentarily. The verdict was allowance, making his eyes light up and another smile curve his lips. 'Thank you very much,' came the murmured reply, ears going back. He felt the awkward urge to hug the boy, but didn't want to scare him with the sudden action. Instead he stepped backwards a little bit, smiled a bit wider, and lifted one paw to wave. He certainly wasn't going to make Jasper stick around any longer than nessecary. After a moment of pause, the were turned and stepped away, practically skipping.

He had a lot of exploring to do.