Hit Me With Your Best Shot
OOC: Set in the common room in the caves.

IC: She had spent the time after Tal left taking care of Ahuli and letting D'ryn get used to the stallion. The horse was generally calm and gentle but he was still large and she wanted to make sure that her son knew what to do and not to do around a horse. She even let him ride with her back to the stables. The horse was hungry and thirsty from his long journey and tired as well. Yet Ayasha couldn’t stop touching him, almost as if touching him would let her be near her mate, since he was the last one to touch the horse.

But eventually knew she needed to head home and so reluctantly left her horse in his stall. She put her pups to bed and then took her mate's letter to her and went out to the common area of the caves. She sat down and kept rereading the words, sometimes silently, sometimes whispered. She would trace the pen strokes and wished that he was there next to her, arms wrapped around her, saying sweet nothings in her ear. She was missing her mate and desperately wished that he would come home to her and the pups.
[html]

rawrarar

Itzal swore to himself under his breath as he walked, each wrong move causing him pain. His leg was feeling extra-sensitive today and if he put to much weight on it when he walked it told him. So Itzal made his way into the common room in Anathema's underground tunnels while swearing under his breath. When he finally stopped and looked around he didn't see that many people. There were a few either talking or going about their business, but there was one who was sitting with what appeared to be paper in her head. Itzal's eyes rested on the female. She was pretty enough, in a simple kind of way. There wasn't anything fancy about her looks but she still was fairly attractive.

Itzal thought that conversation with a pretty girl was just what he needed at the moment and made his way over to where she was sitting. He was careful not to put to much weight on the wrong foot. When he reached the female he saw that she was reading something and smiled down at her, "Reading anything interesting?" He asked, a charming smile spread across his face. Itzal had always been good at being charming, with his own air of confidence and the way he talked clearly and without hesitation. There were other, subtler things at play as well, but those were the main factors. He loved charming pretty girls and this would give him something to do for the moment.

<style>
.spiderit {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6/86912222.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 150px 0px; border-bottom:0px solid #000000;width:400px;}
.spiderit .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.spiderit .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.spiderit .oc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.spiderit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.spiderit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
As she kept re-reading her mate's letter, she kept going back to Tal's words of what Liam had done to Gemma. She recognized her name and remembered her being her near twin, though a bit more voluptuous then Ayasha. But what Tal said he did to her, as well as implied, Ayasha didn’t want to believe but knew deep down that it was entirely likely that he would do that. She wasn’t sure how to deal with that, the fact that he had cheated on her and then hurt the female, in front of her pups nonetheless.

She frowned slightly but looked up at the sound of someone coming up, watching as he came over. Ayasha put her letter down and said, "I'm not sure it's much interest to anyone but me." His smile was charming but she was largely unimpressed by such a smile. No matter how awful Liam was to others, he was still sweet to her, mostly, and more importantly her mate. Plus, she was madly in love with him. So she was rather uninterested in any other males. But she would like to see him try and flirt with her. He seemed the type to do so.
[html]

FIRE AWAYYYY!!

Itzal watched the female put down the paper and look at him. The female looked like she had been deep in thought when he had approached and her comment about the paper made him think it was something that she had read. Itzal's curiosity made him want to ask her more but he knew it was impolite to pry. So instead he just nodded in understanding and smiled, "Let me introduce myself. I'm Itzal. And you are?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and putting a lopsided grin on his face. The black male was handsome. Even with his varies scars Itzal still was attractive. He wasn't sure if it was his mix of wolf and coyote blood or just the way his bone structures and build was set. And the black hybrid usually had an air of danger around him that seemed to attract females who wished for a little danger.

But this female didn't return his charming smile. And to Itzal that meant that she wouldn't be super easy to charm. Maybe she would even turn out to be a challenge for him. Itzal always loved a challenge and would happily rise to meet it. He hadn't expected to much work to charm this female but he might have been wrong. This could be even more enjoyable than he had hoped.

<style>
.spiderit {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6/86912222.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 150px 0px; border-bottom:0px solid #000000;width:400px;}
.spiderit .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.spiderit .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.spiderit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
The dark furred male seemed to want to ask her more about the letter that she had been reading but he had the sense to not ask her about. Not that she would tell him anything beyond the fact it was written by her mate. That might deflate him nicely. But she wasn’t really going to tell him much about herself beyond the basics. He introduced himself as Itzal and she gave a small smile. "It's nice to meet you, Itzal. I'm Ayasha." And that was all she was going to say unless asked for more. She ignored his grin.

Ayasha wasn’t the type to flirt with anyone but her mate, even if it was harmless. She really liked to flirt with her own mate, especially when it involved ruffling his feathers. But when another male tried to flirt with her, she did not participate. So Ayasha arched her eyebrow at him and asked, "Was there something in particular that you needed, Itzal?" Her tone wasn’t really cold or impatient but she wasn’t exactly inviting anything.

If she was her mate, she would hate the male because he was black-furred. But she didn’t have that prejudice. He was simply a male that seemed to want to flirt with her. So she reached up and played with her Claddagh ring on a chain that her mate had given her. He might not know the meaning but she did and it helped her.
[html]

Sorry for the wait

Itzal had to resist the urge to smirk even more when he realized that the female wasn't going to show him any interest any. It never even occurred to the black hybrid that she never would show interest. Everyone did at some point. Or at least Itzal believed that. And the fact that she might have a mate she loved didn't occur to him. And even if it had, Itzal would never think that flirting could hurt, mated or not. So he just figured that whatever this females reason was, he would just have to work harder. "Nice to meet you as well Ayasha." She had a pretty name, though Itzal wasn't sure if he had pronounced it entirely right.

Itzal noticed her arch her eyebrow and grinned. But that grin wasn't because he was flirting, he just recognized her raised eyebrow as an expression he often used. In response to her question he smiled and gestured at her, "A little conversation with a pretty girl and a moment to rest my leg." He said in a simple voice. He didn't but any emphasis on the pretty, as if it was just a statement of fact that she was pretty and not a compliment. He didn't care that she hadn't warmed up to him the least since he had first approached. But Itzal was starting to believe that she liked being a challenge. Maybe she was just playing his game back, where he flirted and enjoyed a challenge, she enjoyed presenting a challenge to the people that flirted with her. If so, then this would be a more than suiting game for Itzal. Though something in the back of his mind told him that she wasn't playing his game. That tiny part in the back of his mind, he choose to ignore.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
OOC: Poor Itzal Big Grin

IC: Ayasha wasn’t playing his game because she truly wasn’t interested in him and his flirting. She was too in love and loyal to her mate and wouldn’t dream of betraying Liam's trust by doing something semi-innocent as flirting. Her morals were too high for even that. Not that Liam did the same but she would deal with that when he came back. So she turned her gaze to Itzal and watched as he replied that it was nice to meet her and she inclined her head slightly.

He answered her question with what had to have been flirting by calling her pretty. She also learned he hurt his leg and she glanced at. "Is it OK?" She didn’t know much about healing and she might be a bit wary of his intentions but she still was worried about his health. Though she decided to respond to his saying that she was pretty and see how he would react to her being mated. "You're not the only male to tell me I'm beautiful. My mate does that quite a bit." Though he wasn’t here yet and she missed him terribly. "I'm pretty sure that our second child, Bridget, will be very pretty." She was curious what he would do when he found out that not only was she mated but also a mother.
[html]

rawrarar

Itzal chuckled when she asked if his leg was okay then he shrugged. "Honestly? I don't know myself. I had a friend of mine wrap it up a little bit after it happened. I don't have that must medical knowledge. All I know is that it hurts like hell." He said with a smile. He sat down diagonally from Ayasha so she wouldn't have to look up at him. He met her eyes and smiled when she mentioned having a mate. "Sounds to me like he is a very smart man then." Itzal said before moving his eyes to look around the common room. His eyes slid over some strangers to him before moving back to Ayasha. She was a mother as well. Itzal could say he was somewhat surprised, since he wouldn't have guessed out right that she was a mother but now thinking about it, he could see it. "Your kid's must be very lucky. They have a caring mother and they at least one of them is going to be very pretty." He said. He assumed that she was a caring mother if she was going to have a second kid. And she was only repeating back to her what she had said about her own daughter.

Itzal wondered for the first time if maybe the female wasn't at all interested. But that didn't make sense. Itzal always got some form of interest back. Even if it was light flirting and nothing more, females who were attracted to males always some him some kind of interest. He had meant lesbian females who weren't attracted to him and that was fine with him. If he wasn't their cup of tea then he could handle that. But to think this female felt nothing for him, not even the need to flirt even a tiny bit, wasn't something he was willing to accept. No, she must just take a lot to get to flirt. After a few minutes conversation Itzal was sure that she would return his kindness. "So, what do you think of Naniko and Alaki's departure?" He asked, trying to use to latest big news to get her to talk to him more willingly.

<style>
</style>

[/html]