Date: September 3, 2012

Setting: ---

Time: Noon-ish

Character Form: Secui

Dress: Cougar Tooth Necklace
[/html]

[html]

300+

This day was hot and bright. The weather had been maintaining a hot but usually comfortable temperature for the thick furred Issum and had no indication of growing as he knew it would in the days to come. He wasn’t thinking much on it though. A more pressing matter called for his attention. Since the leaving of his beloved Issor Jaden had become used to the stress it took to monitor a pack all on his own. He had a schedule now that ensured he missed not a single errand or spot along the border. This, of course, didn’t mean he felt no longing for the autumn woman who he had helped found Sangi’lak. He missed her dearly. So, when he found a scent trail of hers only a day or two old, it was troubling that he had not seen her yet.

They loved each other. This was simple fact to him now. He also knew she could guess at his desire to see her after so long apart so why choose to stay away? He had been more panicked at first thinking that perhaps she was injured or sick and had simply been unable to make it to him. But this couldn’t be the case. X’ies had gone with her and he would have come for help. His mind then ventured down an even more upsetting path. Perhaps she didn’t want to see him. Maybe she had spoken to some of the other packs and learned of his attempt on the pack Miracle pack’s alpha. He had even yet been given the chance to explain his early days in the territory. Would that be enough to break the bonds of newly forged love? No. Nothing could do this. It would take far, far more to upset the feelings he held for the golden nomad. But then what else could it be? He continued to follow her scent to wherever in Sangi’lak it may lead them both scared and a little hurt that his love would stay away.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear b {font-weight:bold; color:#999999; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The Gardens had been her refuge, from the forming of this beautiful place til now. It was where she could freely delve into her training to distract her from what troubled her mind. It was a haven when she felt unwelcomed or perhaps did not feel worth the place she had called home. It was where she went to hide when she did not want to be bothered or face what she could not longer bring herself to.

She had loved and been loved in return. But the love she was given had been shared and tainted her deeply. Perhaps it was that that broken her heart the most even before she was aware of that love. More so than the fact it was with a dog that her beloved had brought this degradation... more so than the fact that he could not think to tell her when she had asked him so plainly. Had there been anything else to say that day? She recalled it so clearly, when her role within the pack was contested, when her word was challenged...and over a dog. She could not let that settle. It was because of that mutt this all came to be, but then it was her beloved...no... that vile man that could not resist that tainted fur and flesh that led them to this. She did not know when...she did not know why...only that it had and she could no longer stand it.

Within the collective, he would have made her an UnSpoken; a secondhand bitch tainted by the lustful actions still clinging to his person as he took her so passionately. And she had let him in ignorance, cementing the bond she had wanted for so long, blinded by her desire to breed. Blinded by her love for him. And it was only she that was left to feel the consequences. She hated him for that...and yet it was her love for him, her loyalty, pure and unbridled that kept her sense about her and made her reason...made her think. Made her question how she could proceed with this. Hidden away, she was allowed this time to think, unaware that the time she had was swiftly closing and all she felt would come to a head. In her hands were the teeth of the beast that had brought them together again. The supposed tangible fix of their bond. She bothered each fang along the pads of her fingers, letting the tips of her sharpened claws graze atop them. Lost in thought...vexed by the insanity of the world...trying desperately to retain her strength so that she may not cry the tears that would never fall.

445 words.

[/html]
[html]

300+

What would he find? Where would his beloved be that was more important than finding him? Even stranger, he still had Zeus. Did she desire to be away from him so badly that she would not come to greet her young one left in the Issum’s care? The questions were horridly nerve-racking. He pushed forward through his well-known home terrain for a good amount of time before he realized where the trail was leading. The gardens were ahead. He knew not by shared words of this truth but by observation that his beloved did not venture to this place lightly. Here he had found her when they had fought and here he had found her when they had made up again. Now things were happy and semi-perfect and he couldn’t help but feel a deep dread at the idea that it might all fall to shambles again.

But what had he done? Still he could think of nothing worth such a change. He found the garden and soon the optime woman sitting within. She seemed to be lost deeply in thought. Her necklace whose twin he wore even then lay in her hands and seemed to be holding her attention, a detail that did not help shake his sinking feelings. He padded up to her but stopped before coming within reach. Suddenly his voice wouldn’t obey him. What could he say? What was there to say? Nothing on his end really. He wanted to know why but surely she could discern that for herself. She was out of his scent range still and the inviting aroma he expected was held with her attention away from him. He stood there silently, watched, and waited for her to notice him, for her to offer some reasoning for the neglect before he let the hurt flow in or the assumptions painfully settle.

<style type="text/css">
.jaden-fear .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#999999}
.jaden-fear {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BB1Mn.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#535353; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... lity_1.png); background-color:#b69062; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 285px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Seclusion lasted only as long as her nose went without noticing the scent of the Issum. For as long as it took her to gather her thoughts, it was quite a while, but when she scented him at last it felt as though not enough time had passed. She was still angry...still furious. And the hurt of betrayal lingered as raw as a physical wound. As his smell touched her flaring nostrils she visibly shuddered and coiled into herself. A child seeking the worth her own body provided because there was none to take here and now.

"You know...my love...." she began softly with heavy eyes never straying from the trinket between her fingers. "I have had time to think...to find the words to express my feelings... and yet, you are here now...and I cannot think of something to say." Again, the female shuddered and drew impossibly further into herself upon her throne. Her tail resting on the back of the rock swayed slowly in feigned calm, a mere illusion of how she felt internally; the rage licking like hot flames at her waking mind wanting to be spoken...wanting to be free to enveloped tainted fur and flesh.

With a heavy sigh, the female continued as softly as she began. "I did have time though, to recall the family within the collective that was kept apart from the rest. It was a family of those tainted by ways that did not suit that of the Family. For those that performed a taboo... or had one done to them...knowingly or otherwise." Letting her voice rest a moment, she smiled albeit sadly. "I had told my father I would never be a part of the UnSpoken. I would never shame him like that. How unfortunate that in my blind pursuit of ideals the Nomad knew better than to touch, I became what I swore to my father I would never be. An UnSpoken; tainted by love and its consequences. Second to a dog...third to an ungrateful bitch. Truly I have fallen far from the grace of the Ancestors if they would keep me blind to a shame like this..."

357 words.

[/html]
[html]

300+

The time he spent waiting for her to notice was painfully long. He watched her rested body where it sat and wished she would notice him and say hi or look at him. Curse my quiet steps he thought bitterly. It came to a point where he was about to clear his throat or huff a sigh or make some kind of noticeable sound but she finally reacted to him with a defensive curling of her body. Soft words graced his ears at last. They were sweet in meaning but not in nature. My love said heavily, sadly. He was left to wonder again what had changed to make her this way. He’d seen her angry, happy, excited, and passionate but never sad, not like this.

The Issum could do not but listen as his beloved continued. He looked on her with a blandly pained and confused expression that she did not see for she continued to keep her amber gaze away from his secui form. She went on with that averted gaze to explain the “unspoken” and how she now fell in with them. That this was the fault of love’s vices… she was second to a dog. The already heavy heart within him fell further. He didn’t understand how she could have possibly known what he’d done with Amy and thusly tried to convince himself that wasn’t what she was talking about. But what else could it be? Did she think he really loved the blond dog? He hadn’t. Love took trust and even when he held some for that woman it hadn’t been nearly enough to love her. Sex took trust too but far less when intoxicating liquor was present, apparently. Embarrassment and regret for that night flooded over him again for that but it was worse now. This was about the worst turn of events he could imagine… next to losing his beloved altogether.

He approached with a few unsure steps and bent down to her with a gentle whine. I have never loved a dog. For the first time in his life, he drew a line between sex and actual love. If there was any hope of dispelling what his beloved believed then it must be true. He bent down and nuzzled her gently. An overpowering odder swept over him. She stunk of X’ies but more so than if they had simply been traveling together. She wouldn’t have him… he tried to believe it while forcing his attention to the other smell plaguing her. She was smelled of blood. Are you injured? You smell of... he paused to shake the X'ies scent from his nose in a disgusted fashion, blood.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

It was difficult to deny that it was love that made the mind weak like this. She knew what manner needed to be taken with this dog rutting fool, and yet faced with him now, she could not bring herself to do so without great difficulty. The anger within did not waver, quite opposite it burned more furiously as he spoke of no love for a dog. Love had nothing to do with it. Had he shown affection to a mongrel what remained of her heart would have been naught but dust. It came down to the physical, the act itself that carved the defilement so deep that even with the purge, she still felt tainted. Would it be enough for the Ancestors to forgive her?

His touched nurturing but felt akin to grating claws against delicate flesh that the whole of her body flinched and she drew away. The dominating thoughts peeled back her lips from trembling gums and teeth. Disgust bubbled from the dank pit of her stomach and settled in her gullet. She dare not look at him to see the concern that his voice conveyed less she risk spilling the embodiment of her hatred upon him and the ground. “Were you this kind to Thana?” she growled softly. “Had you told her of your rut with a dog before or after you mated with her? Or was her self-respect lacking that she did not care where your loins had been? Did her acceptance of that shame make you assume I would too?” With each word her anger became all the more apparent. Her eyes wide and ears drawn back, but she made no move to advance on him outright. She was not yet finished…and truth to told, she hadn’t the strength to attack him.

“Or…or did you just not tell her!” she yelled. “Concealed it like you tried to do with me! Let it sit! Let it fester! And hope it would go away. YOU LIED TO ME JADEN! I asked you…I ASKED you was there anything else between you and that mongrel bitch! And you said NOTHING! NOTHING! AND I TRUSTED YOU!!!” The large golden form had been reduced to a crumbling pillar of red and umber falling from the stone. Exhausted but angered, she slipped from her stone and found solidity on the ground but could draw no strength from it. There she felt truly weak as the conditioned calm of the Exultare dwindled to nothing and she was bared as a naked female deprived of her control. “…I trusted you. I had to learn from another what you had done….because you could not tell me. I carried on in ignored…was made a fool…because…what? Why? By the Ancestors Jaden, tell me what you could have possibly been thinking!”

464 words.

[/html]
[html]

400+

She drew away from his touch like it he had bitten at the beautiful body of his beloved. It was surreal how she acted and to say it pained him was a dramatic understatement. How could his supposed love be so devastating to how close they had been? Then she growled softly at him the answer. Whether she believed he did not love Amy didn’t seem to matter. She knew what had been done. But how? How had she come to believe something she viewed so vile about the one whom she loved? Her questions about Thana were misplaced. The woman had loved him and he had her. What they had shared had not been because of low self-respect! No, he hadn’t told her but it wasn’t her business. What mistakes had been made by the male did not need to be spilled before the woman he loved to be judged. What he had done had no effect on Thana just as it had no effect on X’yrin. So he dismissed that notion.

What his mind did stick to came near the end of her angered questions and blame. Until he heard, told by another, his mind was hurrying between one hurtful question to the next painful assumption. When it settled he felt an intense anger that warmed his entire body. Told by another? It wasn’t Amy. She would have said if it was Amy. Who else would be persuasive enough to convince her? Who had claimed to speak with Amy once before? Who had undermined him, now in every conceivable way, since his first day in Sangi’lak? Would that other be your deceitful, snake tongued nomad brother? The same who’s scent has now replaced mine upon you? He growled back at her not softly but demanding, hurt, and beneath it all horrified at what he was admitting to himself. She had told him X’ies would not disrupt their way of life. He would benefit them. He had not. He had crossed a line now and he would pay… if what the sickening scent on her suggested was true. What have you done? asked in tone that touched on desperate through the anger. It was a question for all the hurt. Why she stunk of injury and that fowl male. Why she now treated him like something horrid. Why this wasn’t the first time he felt she was choosing X’ies over him and his word.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

...then came the voice of misdirection. The attempt to detour the matter from the dark male and his acts in question to another no doubt sitting upon his throne of rock and soil smiling contently at the work and drama his words manifested. And as thoughts turned to him, the Nomad came again to the defense of her brethren. Lips reared further back and tail bristling in anger at the slanderous tone taken against him. Deceitful...

"You have no right to call him that," she seethed. "Or are you going to say that he is wrong... that he has lied to me for the sake of making you something you are not? I have known him from the earlier moments of my life, and never has he lied to me." Her eyes were glowing with fury, twin liquid pools of heated gold as they swam across the contours of the dark visage, seeking every crack, every imperfection that was the tell of his own deceit.

Her back remained pressed against the stone acting as a brace to keep herself erect though she felt the desire to fold into herself and snuff out her existence from this bitter twist of life. If only for a moment, to delve in a lie and believe that all was well again. But such a lie was far from reach. Only the true, naked, bitter reality before her was within her mind's grasp. And when it came down to her... her sin in the drama that was her life with Jaden, she would not turn her head away in shame or modesty. Rather, she would turn her fire-lit eyes to her beloved and let the truth pass between amber and blue. "I reclaimed my right as a Nomad... a child of a Shepard and heir to a great Family. I stepped back toward the path I had begun after straying so far away. And... " she raised her head back. "I have taken the steps to solidify the future of this Family so they are not alone in these days to come..."

347 words.

[/html]
[html]

600+

Though he had dismissed the notion Jaden could see through his anger and grasp the tip of exactly how broken X’yrin’s view of him must have been. Experiences, like a looking glass built and colored by time warped and tried to make sense of what she felt. She hated dogs as he hated coyotes so he tried to reverse their roles. If he were to learn she had taken some weak coyote male as her lover, would he act this way? It would change how he perceived her. He would be upset. But she had done more than that. She had taken another as her mate and slaughtered the ideas of dedication that Jaden believed love was built upon. More than that even, she had chosen to reclaim her “right as a nomad”, a group he thought did not believe in love. She had given up all of it over one mistake. He could never have done that no matter the actions of his beloved for he believed that forgiveness and acceptance healed the past and allowed things like love to triumph. It simply had to be true or else the Alaskan would be forced to believe himself a murderer still. He would have to accept that every drop of innocent blood upon his coat left an imprint and something that could never be washed away.

So how could she do it? How could she stand with her head raised and display pride that she no longer believed in their love? It was impossible to understand and it couldn’t be true but the hard reality stood before him with her beautiful golden gaze and tore him apart. Your wrong! He had taken a step a few steps back from her in disbelief but now lurched forward with a snap on the exclamation. As his heart was shredded by her words, actions, and his own assumptions, the Issum was left with little but emptiness and anger. As quickly as he snapped out about X’ies, the emotion melted from his hard blue into a cold pool of pain that rested atop of his dark features. It was not worth losing her completely to insist his right to curse X’ies and a small bit of hope inspired a wish for the love he’d previously held. Hope born to the fact that he knew love could not be so easily broken. I have not lied to you. He started in a much lower tone, I told you there was nothing between us because there was nothing. He looked into her gold even as the scalded him. A mistake made once that amounted to nothing is still nothing: only a dreadful part of the past that I cannot take back. he shook his head slightly as he wished so deeply he could, I’m truly sorry. But… to mimic the ways of a collective you yourself never saw reason to return to… to give up on love? He spoke as if all was not lost already, a wish he seemingly held onto foolishly. We are stronger than that. You do not need to fear shame of eyes that have no power over us… There are no unspoken, there is only Sangi’lak… only us… By the end of his proclamation all the anger was gone. His defenses had fallen and gaze was vulnerable as it asked for an answer he feared. If she truly wished to be nomad then she had to give up on their love. That is how he saw it and if that was the case, he could do nothing to defend himself as she ripped out his heart. He stepped toward her dipping his muzzle low, hoping for contact of some kind, begging that it would all now miraculously fall into place, please… I love you X’yrin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

'Wrong'. Spoken as an undeniable definite, the female literally flinched as the word was used against her so strongly. The passion of the word alone made her question if this was so. She was silent, looking up into impassioned azure eyes as her proclaimed her wrong and carried on in his defense. Desperately, she wanted to believe she was at fault for her assumptions, but it was her known confidence in X'ies that kept her from accepting his words wholeheartedly.

Her anger ebbed away as the impact of his words settled. Unrivalled gullibility allowed her heart to open to him...accept them as she reached out to take them wholly. Her actions with X'ies could not be undone nor would she be for forgiveness from them. But perhaps they could rebuild...start again. And leave the complicated mess by the wayside to be gone and forgotten. Truly... she wanted this to be. But such a desire lasted only as long as the illusion of him free from crime was maintained. Perhaps unknowingly, he spoke of his 'mistake'...

"YOU DID LIE TO ME!!!" The valve of control had broken. Blood tinged the air as the fangs within her tightening grip pierced through the weathered pads of her paws into flesh. "I am wrong? I am wrong!? He has told me the truth! The truth you yourself have admitted! You would fuck with a dog and seek to conceal it then claim it was not true THEN admit it as a mistake!" Her grip of the necklace increased as wide eyes held fast to his own. "And you...you know nothing of a Nomad's strength. Or of their 'love'. I have learned on this land that 'love' is fickle and has many meanings when it should only be ONE! Love is a disease that weakens the heart and clouds reason so that the sickness infects others and brings them down! That is the 'love' the collective wanted to keep us away from. That warping thing that cripples all... Because a Nomad's love is stronger than that..."

As she spoke of her family, she began to calm but the hurt and rage remained alight in her eyes. "It is a bond... soundless...wordless. It passes from one family to another and each member within. It is known, but never acknowledged because a word weakens its strength. It stays with one across the lands and never wavers despite distance. It keeps a Nomad's mind toward home, and compels them to hold fast to its practices and permit others to see its greatness. It is why there are UnSpoken; so that no sinner is exiled but reminded of that love from the family so they may aspire to be a part of that bond again. It is that bond that makes the Nomads so strong Jaden. A bond that is woven with truth, confidence and trust.... not withholding or deception to spare one's feelings." Her gaze trailed down to his lowered muzzle, allowing for a pause to let these words sink in and be heard. It was in this pause that the Nomad felt herself trembling where she sat, no longer able to use boulder as support. Her form was hunched with arms drawn into her lap. Her grip on the trinket was still firm, but the pain had dulled her sense and the blood no longer stained her nose.

But she inhaled deeply and continued. "That bond is what makes us strong, Jaden. It is what solidifies the Family. There is but one bond... one love what I wanted to share with this family...with you... but perhaps for you, it was not enough. But..." She leaned into him, gently placing the length of her muzzle against his own as if portraying the truth of her words by touch alone. "That love that you cherish... that the Nomads could call me wrong for, is the reason I have not walked away. Why we speak like this... why I tell you how I feel... and why I beg that you will come to understand."

674 words.

[/html]
[html]

500+

His muzzle stayed low even as he was faced with more anger. He had not intended to lie or hide what he’d done, only to bring attention to X’ies and his obvious desire to serve himself before facing it. Perhaps that was defensive enough to count. If he could have avoided telling her, he would have. She went on to praise X’ies before explaining the disease of love. How fickle it was. She was still wrong. His love was not fickle. It still beat in him weakly, broken, pained, and dying. Even as she smashed it to pieces. No, his love was not fickle. He peered up at her with eyes that, for the very first time since meeting her all that time ago in the lands of Ichika, held loathing within them. His mistake had been done before the revealing of their love. Before he could know how close they would come to each other. She was the one who was “crippled”, the one sickened by their love. And it wasn’t something she wore about her. It was nothing that could be seen. It was her pride that was hurt. The same self-pride that encouraged her to nearly take the life from him in the cave of steam. That pride which outweighed her love for him.

But she didn’t stop after painting this realization within her beloved. She continued to explain the love of the nomads which was not love at all. She spoke of dedication. His jaw swayed slightly as he weakly shook his head in pained disgust that his fellow leader was so blind. And it was still not enough. She never intended to love him. Never wanted to, pulled plainly from her roundabout way of putting it. She truly believed it to be a mistake and one that he had insisted upon? perhaps, for you it was not enough. How could that be true. It was just more of that damn pride, unable to admit she had wanted something so obviously wrong.

The touch was shocking. His blue orbs were occupied with the stony ground beneath them as he reevaluated all he knew of his love. He flinched away then from the touch he had desired so. Part of him begged to move quickly and receive whatever affection she would give. But a stronger, much more hurt part declared it a lie. You know nothing of love. He said quietly as he recoiled. Finally he drew his attention to her last words, perhaps the kindest thing he’d heard from her yet. But there was nothing further from him than understanding. She told him their love was a mistake because she loved him? She stepped on his very idea of the emotion because she felt it too. Hardly. He wasn’t even sure if her disappearing all together would have hurt more or less than this did. Understand what? His voice was hollow and empty and features masked with a lack of expression often left for only dangerous strangers and those he had no desire to trust. That before you could even speak with me about this you would give yourself to him?... Of all males… the one who has shown me not a shred of respect? And that is but a guess by the stink he left on you. ‘Taken steps to solidify the future of this family’, he quoted, You call me deceptive when you haven’t the nerve to explain the steps taken to cover the shame of our love.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

The calm was short-lived, a mere pause in the storm whilst the tail end of it had yet to unleash its fury. But the awaited build was a soft release, little more than a tired sigh laden with hurt. She could think of nothing else to say to him, but he had plenty to contest with her.

Perhaps she knew nothing of the love he embraced, but she knew of her own and how far it would extend. She knew the joys and pain of his, of the loyalties that could be crafted and the disappointment that could inevitably shatter the heart and will. If that was not the love he spoke of, then she hadn't the mind at present to indulge him. With disheartened eyes she turned her head from him, forsaking the touch of warmth for the chill of the air. Her ears remained turned to him, twitching minutely as he spoke of X'ies and her haste to couple with him rather than speak. Yes... she was at fault in that regard. Choosing to ignore the opportunity for reconciliation for the sake of children and making apparent her affections for the venom-tongued beast. But she would look to him then with eyes wide and searching, knowing all too well the personality of her Nomad brethren and again spoke in his defense.

"Respect is not given Jaden. It is earned. To call yourself a leader and expect subordinates to follow is not enough. You needn't accomplish impossible feats or force another into submission. I have learned that respect comes from working alongside those you lead. Talk to them, learn 'who' they are and guide them....not force them to obey you based on a title." Gradually her expression soften though no smile touched her lips. "Ever since he came to these lands, you have done nothing but fight him and assert yourself as Alpha without just means. And he knows this... and has been watching you...waiting for you to step so far ahead that you stumble. You let his words dig into you and birth your rage. You seek to stand over him rather than stand alongside and truly see what he is capable of. You treat him differently than you would anyone else in our Family. And why? Because he made a fool of you once? And you let that one instance give him an advantage over you...time and time again."

She inhaled then and lowered her gaze. It had been a time since she spoke so passionately at length. So much that her cords began to protest against the stress consequently applied to them. They began to grate with wear, emitting softer and softer octaves til her voice was a partial whisper with subtle inflections of emphasis. And lesser still til her voice was a calm whisper. "I am wrong in that I did not come to you. My fault was letting my anger rule my motives and intentions. But I accept my actions, and know no regret. Because Jaden...I truly did not want to speak with you the instant I knew for fear of what I would do..or what you would say. You chose to lie with a dog...a lesser creature than you or I... and lied to me about it...kept it from me even as you took me as yours. I could not bear to hear your reason behind it. And...I still dont want to know your reason why. Only that you had... and kept it from me."

582 words.

[/html]
[html]

500+

The hollowness felt was brief. His eyes narrowed slightly as she began to speak again. The male’s remark had not been to gain more information about that retched beast of a wolf. But that mattered little as she did even more; she began to defend his treatment of the Issum. Slowly he would feel a heavy beating begin in his chest. Every note and word she spoke sped it up and drew a display of angered fangs from him. Every false assertion for X’ies forced forward another layer against a wall which kept any truth in her words far from her fellow leader. “He’s been watching you… waiting for you to step so far ahead that you stumble.” Were these the actions of a wolf looking for peace, for guidance? What had her so blind? What in her mind allowed X’ies to offer such disrespect to a man she had supposedly loved without so much as an order of silence? This question alone was one that had stung him for a long time but not so much as it did at that moment. For Jaden to expect obedience was his right as Alpha. He needn’t prove himself to every whelp who sought to become part of their family. So much angered him about her sermon that he felt he very well could have spit straight fire upon her when she finished.

But he was not given the chance. She finished by reminding him that she couldn’t control herself despite how much he thought she loved him, that she could have and likely would have sought to hurt him… again. But how different was this? He would have preferred a fine, deep, painful scar to this. That would heal at least. This… this didn’t feel like something that would heal as well. And the emotions in him could only flip-flop so many times. Now the regret she forced down his throat only turned his stomach sickeningly. It all caused his impassioned glare of rage to falter as he was forced to look away from her and weaken before it returned. When it did, he chose to ignore what she’d said and return to the issue of X’ies. He had a feeling there was not much more to be said, but at least one last try was within him. Once. Is. enough. Every wolf to show at our boarders has given me courtesy and respect… and has gotten it in return. That day he came here he would have never been allowed onto my land. He would have left this place with a fine scar to remind him exactly what his deceitful words are worth… had you not intervened and forgiven him on my behalf… You… you made a fool out of me… This was the first time he had seen it this way and how right and painful it felt was agonizing. He hides behind you and has gotten away with more than any stranger has ever gotten away with against me. And you let him. he paused and let that sink in but not long enough to allow her an interjection, and now?... Now he has taken you from me. The note on his voice was dark and easily betrayed his burning desire for retribution. And you would have me do what? Forgive him unconditionally? Appease him and his superiority? Try to reason with his poison tongue? the darkness turned to a condescending, disgust filled sarcasm but he stopped then and waited for an answer knowing she had one and expecting another long line of blindly insightful crap.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:

"...I expect you to act as your position dictates."

She had grown tired of catering to the soft ego of the male. In the span of the conversation, she had truly become exhausted with trying to aid in his understanding. The principle with X'ies was simple, yet for petty reasons he refused to acknowledge them and refused to see that it was his soft demeanor, his lack of claiming to his rank's namesake and rite that led to where they stood now. Her actions had been selfish... but her instinct had guided her. It was the civilized mentality that let her love and let her reason. But it was the instinct that forced itself to the surface and renounced her care for this argument.

The hurt faded from her muzzle and eyes were void of sorrow. She looked upon his face not as a broken female seeking understanding, but as a predator baring down upon its prey, enlightening the doomed of its inevitable fate. What would come to pass was no longer optional, but a fact she would see come to light.

"I expect you to earn your place. If you would continue to be the Issum of Sangi'lak, then you must embrace that you will be contested. That you will not be respected outright. Who are you but a wolf claiming to a title of respect when you have done nothing to earn it back? You helped make this Family, and you helped guide its direction... but do not for a second believe that that is the end of your struggle. To bask in that bit of accomplishment is foolish. You will be questioned...you will be challenged. You will be corrected and you will be COMMANDED, and your actions during those moments will dictate your place in the eyes of this Family."

And then she turned from him displaying her cheek in a form of dismissal as her body was too weak to turn itself fully. "I cannot respect a male that would cling to an instance of disrespect rather than solidify his place in favor of a childish grudge. I will not let this Family be lead by weakness."

361 words.

[/html]
[html]

300+

He got what was expected. She spoke down to and commanded him. But he did not contest her. To do so would have been childish. Even in his angered state he could see that. He simply watched and listened rather carefully for any answer to his question. She gave none. She continued on as before pointing out that he was childish, that he was wrong, that what he did and how he felt was foolish without offering but an ounce of sympathy. Had he not heard her admit the Lambda was difficult before now he would have sworn she thought him absolutely innocent of any crime. Then she would end it all by saying she could not respect a male that acted as he did, that she did not. It hurt more than he would have liked to admit but it did not shock him. There was little she could say about her “friend” now that would have shaken him further.

She dismissed him but he did not leave right away. He stood for a moment and glared at the cheek now presented to him. No words escaped him, only a low growl and bared teeth. Anything would have fallen on deaf ears anyway. It wasn’t long before he couldn’t stand the sight of dismissal and all it represented. So with a final snarl he turned sharply and stalked away. He would not seek out the cursed Lambda this day. The show of anger was almost just that, a show. Beneath it there was plenty of broken. He had built this pack for her. He had rearranged his very life for her. Now it all felt worse than lost. Their time together felt unwanted, despised, forced like a rotten lie. If the warrior in him was to continue fighting he would need to first find a new reason why the effort would matter at all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]