misery in a bottle
The silver and gold lady didn't know exactly what they would need the bottles for, or if anything, but she knew that from time to time she enjoyed the strange tastes of the human wines and spirits. Right at the moment she wondered if she was even sane for contemplating bring the drink into the packlands but she knew that they were all grown adult and the end result wasn't anything they couldn't handle. She could remember a time when she'd spent time with friends relaxing and enjoying the alcohols but she knew there were dangers involved in everything as well. She shook her head at the thought and sat ontop the bar staring at the dusty bottles that there were to choose from.

Iskata had already taken two crates of wine back to the packlands and left in the farm house, but she hadn't thought of getting the harsh spirits until she'd returned back to the human city and began to wander down the streets, looking for another store to raid. She'd happened upon the bar instead, the front windows shattered and broken, chairs left in shambles, a half inch of dust on everything.. the place was a mess, but along the back wall had been rows of liquor bottles in a vast assortment of colors and shapes. The lady had been passing curious and that curiousity had been what had brought her to sitting on the bar staring at the dull shine of light filtering on the bottles.

She wished that she could just erase memories from her life, that she didn't need these bonetiring distractions to keep her from falling into that dark pit.. she just wanted release from it all.. Picking up one of the bottles she turned the bottle from one side to the next, watching the course the strong spirits took as they tumbled around the glass container. She knew it wasn't always that simple, the liquor was a doublebladed sword.. and she didn't know if she was ready to walk a road that could make things better or worse.. even if for meet moments.
[html]
mall-caps;color:#880000;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;">seven for a secret, never to be told

He was growing steadily bored with the constant rainfall. The non-stop feeling of dampness in his hair and coolness touching his skin. He had found a coat in the city, a black trenchcoat styled in a pseudo-victorian manner, with silver buckles and clinched at the waist. At his waist gently bumping against his hip was his bag filled with "tools"—devices and such that had filled his fancy. Scalpels and knives that tore through the flesh so beautifully, parting skin with effortless ease. He loved to see what was inside creatures. To see their still beating hearts grow still before his eyes and lungs draw their last breath. He held a scalpel in one hand, the blade resting between his lips as he entered the building, slowly allowing his eyes to adjust to the contrast in light.
        There was a woman sitting at the bar, bottle in hand and looking as though she'd like to drown herself in it. He smiled elegantly, sliding onto a stool beside her and drawing a bottle of wine toward himself with a single motion, scalpel slid discretely into the pocket of his coat. "A lovely day to drown yourself," he said lightly, filling a glass with the crimson liquid of his choice. Eyes the shade of blood turned back toward the woman, smiling as he raised the glass to his lips and sipped at the burning drink. It warmed him even as it dripped down his throat, another sip drawn with the same unwavering half-smile.
[/html]
She hadn't expected to see anyone until she'd returned back to the packlands, the sound of footfall behind her made her flick her silver tipped ears back, trying to see if she could match those steps to one she knew. Within seconds she realized she didn't know the owner or his personal scent but the scent of the pack that began to blossom around her she knew well enough. Inferni.

Before she could turn her head to catch a glimpse of the male he spoke. She was silent a moment longer as she heard the clink of the bottle to cup as he filled a glass for himself. She rolled the bottle back and forth once more before she growled. "Find someplace else then.. I hear those who drown their sorrows like doing it in private." Her sky hued eyes turned towards the male as she watched him working at the glass of wine, as the rim touched his lips again she reached out with one hand and pulled the container from his grasp, the scent spicy in the stale air between them.
[html]
mall-caps;color:#880000;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;">seven for a secret, never to be told

He laughed softly, one hand gracefully lifted across his muzzle with the expression. "I've also heard those so lost in their own misery that they seek comfort in a bottle are crying out for help, in some twisted fashion. In need of saving, perhaps," he purred, another sip drawn from his glass. Samael never drank to forget, he drank simply for the inebriated state on occasion, amused by the effects liquor had on his mind and body. But it was never a vice for the Prince. His own vice was lust, not gluttony, and that was enough to hold him.
        She took the bottle from his hand and he smirked, own glass placed on the bar's counter. "Do you need saving?" he asked in his gentlest croon, eyes alive with murder. Samael wasn't here to save the woman. If anything, he'd use her, tear her apart and abandon her on the wayside, already half on his way to find his next target. He could never have enough sex and murder, and this female looked like a delectable target. A wolf, a worthless piece of flesh and he'd treat her as such. And he'd enjoy every second of it.
[/html]
His laughter met her ears as she glared at him in annoyance. She'd already gained back something she'd thought was lost to her only to lose it again, did she reallying need this mocking flitter eching in her ears right now. She rolled her eyes at the words and answered pure and simple. "I'm not crying out for help.. and I doubt you could save me if I was..." Her sun shot sky eyes watched the male, catching sight of the scars upon his face before she admitted the truth behind her visit to the hellhole. "I was bringing these back to Phoenix Valley.. you never know when someone could find some use for this all.." She couldn't remember the last time she'd found a really good use for alcohol but she knew Deuce had a liking for the strong liqour and quite possibly others.. and she could enjoy a glass of wine or two with the beating of the waves against the shore.. but she wouldn't admit it.

The question that he asked she'd already answered but she humored the stranger. "Do you?" she asked, the words slightly taunting. She placed the bottles back on the bar and smirked. "You seem to be the one drowning tonight..." she said as she leaned towards him, one brow raised in question as she commented. "I thought you were leaving.."
[html]

"Are you certain?" he asked with a smile. "I bet I could be a hero if I honestly tried," he said amused, something akin to sarcasm lacing his words. He'd play games with this female, aiming to obtain what he wanted before vanishing back into the darkness from whence he'd come. He sipped again from his glass, placing it back onto the counter with a dull clink in the quit of the building. Rain lashed against the windows and rooftops, but here within was silent whenever their voices failed to fill the void between them. So she was from Phoenix Valley, bringing back poison to drown all those who wished for it. How benevolent of her.
        "Me?" he purred, muzzle wrinkling in amusement. "I am simple seeking amusement in the bottom of a bottle and nothing more. The only drowning I am doing tonight is from the copious amount of rain falling outside." And indeed his hair was wet and slicked against his head, hanging limp around his face and his clothing drenched and dripping into a quiet pool on the floor of the barroom. "Who said I was leaving?" he inquired, flicking back his hair from his face with a single motion, crimson eyes bright beneath his mane of dark strands. "I've only just arrived."
[/html]