Heavenly opium
[html]
Howl laid peacefully under the black blanket of night, comforted by the stars and her new h.ome. She was looking up at the myriad of pale, shimmering bodies when a flood of happiness washed right through her. It was warm and sweet and magnificent, so much that she cocked her head and smiled at the heavens. "What was that feeling?" Her head twisted even more, "Who am I talking to?" It felt like someone was watching her to the point that her hackles were starting to raise across her shoulders. This was either a taste of spirituality or Howl being spied on by a hidden creature. The intense jubilation from before slowly withered from her veins. She was left with an unshakable chill in her gut. The female looked at the sky, then down at the forest around her, then up at the sky, and back again. She couldn't see, smell, or hear anything out of the ordinary.

Howl hummed a song nervously in hopes that it would soothe her nerves. Finally, it did. A few minutes later the bout of dread subsided and the impression of being watched left her realm of instincts. The w.olf sighed and laid her head on her paws. That was weird.
[/html]
[html]

The winter night was dark, and the moon could not have hung higher in the sky. It generously threw layers and layers of sheer light, reflected from that distant sun, highlighting each blade of dead grass; slanting over handsome trees and symphonic branches. It emphasised the curvature of Tamerlane’s lean musculature as the tall Luperci walked down from a slanting valley and set his grey-black eyes on the territory sprawled out before him. He could tell it was lands belonging to another pack; perhaps this was Jaded Shadows. As such, he did not intrude, but simply walked the borders, his rangy step quiet so not to awake any nearby sleepers.

[/html]
[html]
Her uncanny sense of smell, further powered by lingering suspicion, untangled a string of information from the empty blackness. She could smell another wolf within short walking distance of her resting spot, though she really had no way of reckoning exact distances and such. Is that who was spying on me? Howl shook her head, No need to be leery. Was just my imagination frightening me earlier. With that in mind she stood and stretched all her stress out in a series of liquid-like bends and twists.
Thoroughly refreshed and almost 100% cured of cowardice she jaunted all the way to the stranger with a lively crick in her tail's base. When she laid eyes on the tall fellow her heart throbbed out of pure happiness for company. So happy in fact, she forgot to be wary of his presence... He was, after all, politely staying on the opposite edge of the Jaded borders. "Heyoo stranger. How goes your night?" Her tone was warm and welcoming. Her stance loose and neutral though ready to change at a moment's notice.
[/html]
[html]
Tamerlane's silent pace slowed and finally halted as the sprightly form of a female wolf bounded towards him. Creatures in this form were generally hard to come by, and if their greeting turned into conversation, Tamerlane would no doubt sit down casually to be nearer her level. But for now, he remained standing, looking down on the jovial female whose eyes shone particularly gloriously in the moonlight. Indifferent, so far, he replied, his velvet tones affable. And yours?
[/html]
[html]
Once he spoke Howl's mind did a double take. My, my. Indisputable, effortless charm illuminated every physical detail of the man, down to his little wolf whiskers gleaming in the moonlight. Her smile grew brighter as if she'd turned into a kid at a candy store. "A bit weird but at least I've got company now." She turned her head away ever so slightly in embarrassment for assuming he wanted to accompany her in the first place. "...I-I mean. Y'know, if you feel like sticking around." A second later she was struck with an afterthought, "I'm Howl."
[/html]
[html]
This hesitant, nigh clumsy correction of the female's did not surprise him -- in fact, it charmed him. Tamerlane was a promoter of unconventional attitudes, and the newly-introduced Howl was a fine example of one willing to break etiquette and simply ask for company. In a sinuous, effortless movement, Tamerlane sat down with his back against the tree on which he had been leaning, laying one long leg out before him and resting his wrist on the drawn-up knee of the other. Tamerlane, he introduced himself in turn. And what makes your night so 'weird'?
[/html]