spin quantum number
[html]

Faolin can tell her about the Inferni policies and all that! (no wolves allowed, etc.) This is kind of sloppy, eh.

A chilling mist fell over the beach, producing a soft 'hiss' as it struck the Earth's surface. The distant horizon was blurred by fog and precipitation, so it appeared as if the gray water stretched on for eternity. Insubstantial waves lapped at the sand, for there was no wind to produce a decent breaker. The beach itself was bland and colorless, its sun-bleached surface stained dark with the falling snow.
Upon the edge of this beach sat a dark figure, arms and legs crossed and pulled close to its body, chin tucked to the chest. A black bookbag rested behind the gray woman, covered by random foliage. Lith, as she was, did not mind the snow as light as it fell. Though melting swiftly as it came in contact with the sand, the precipitation clung desperately to the clusters of driftwood, turning the colorless matter slowly white. The scene was strangely peaceful, especially to be one taking place on a beach named Hell's Coast. Who knew what hell was like, anyway? The gray woman doubted it was a beach. If hell was anything, she figured it would probably be something like a blacksmith's furnace, with soot and fire and scorching metal. Kind of like Morgoth's lair. Lith sighed.
Reaching behind her, into her bag, the stargazer rummaged around before producing a thick sheet of paper, rolled up and bound with a rubber band, and a pen. It was a map she had started to create the night of her acceptance, to better understand her new home. Using the tip of the pen, Lith searched for a certain point on the sketchy map; stopping after a moment, the woman circled a cluster of trees on the sheet, the red ink sharp in contrast to the white of the paper. Beside the circle, she jotted the word 'house' and underlined it twice with a flourish. Keeping tabs, as always.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">Table by Hilli

I am SO sorry for the wait, I've been extremely busy sadly. :/

Faolin had noticed the scent a couple times over the last couple days, it seemed that Inferni had a new member. An adult member at that. For a while, the girl thought that maybe Inferni would be over-clustered with puppies, but it did not seem that way anymore. Andre had barely spent any time at all on the coyote lands, and it seemed as if Rachias had decided to live with her father. Arkham and Empusa were still around quite a bit, and Faolin had devoted her time to the two. Well, since Andre never wanted to be bothered anyway. He seemed to be too much like the Lykoi blood that flowed through him. Who knew it would affect him so?

It was not hard to track the scent over the lands, and as the snow fell it made it easier to follow the footprints left in the snow. It was cold and she would have preferred to spend the day cooped up in the old Syemv house reading a book or spending time with Empusa and Arkham, this would be their first winter. Faol wanted to make sure they had a fun one! She noted in her head that she would take them out in the snow tomorrow and perhaps make snowdogs much like how the humans did. Faolin had read up on many of their traditions. They wore very heavy clothes during the winter and would go outside and make these 'snowmen'. It was strange, but it sounded like a fun idea. Much like making sand castles out of the sand.

It did not take her long to find the owner of the scent and Faolin walked over a small skip in her step. Generally, the girl was happy-go-lucky, but lately that had changed with the loss of Segodi all over again. Though, she was quickly starting to come around. "Hey, there! You must be new to the clan! I'm Faolin Mogotsi! Nice to meet'cha!" she spoke quickly and excitedly. The hybrid-girl dropped onto her but in the snow beside the new female, and being nosy, tried to figure out just what she was doing. A map of sorts or something was she could understand or make out of it.

[/html]
[html]

whoops, so sorry for the wait! this is a little short, too.

Without a sound.

Lith was taken aback by the buoyant greeting, and jumped a fraction of an picometer. She recovered quickly enough, and responded promptly, though with less enthusiasm than the other woman. "Yes," she began, blinking slowly. "I am rather new. My name is Lith Ia." The stargazer spoke evenly and quietly, in contrast to Faolin. Perhaps others would have found the red-eyed female's behavior intolerable and left, or even thought to strike her. Lith, however, saw nothing to be gained from either action. Besides, the other could tell the things she didn't know about Inferni. It was best to keep her company.
After a moment, she noticed Faolin's eyes upon the paper in her hands. Her first impulse was to snatch it away, for warlife had made her secretive and untrusting. The lady, she told herself, was an ally. She was a clan member, and there would be nothing wrong with showing her the map. How silly she could be at times. "A map," she said, offering it to her. "So I'll know where everything is around here." Lith figured that Faolin knew where everything was anyway, without the map. She obviously had been a member for a while since she had supposed the stargazer was new.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">Table by Hilli

Short posts are always good. Don't worry, I've been plenty busy myself. :/

Faolin listened to the females calm and collected voice, so very much unlike her own. The hybrid girl was about the only coyote in Inferni that was like this. Everyone else was just so... miserable it seemed. Well, miserable was not the right word, but they were not happy-go-lucky like herself. Gabriel, her mate, was in complete contrast to herself, but maybe that's why she loved him. She could talk his ear off some days and Faol started to wonder if she was annoying at times. Frowning she returned her gaze to the map the girl was holding.

The girl nodded and smiled, replying "Well, I could show you around a few places," she said a little more calmly than her greeting. "It could help with drawing the map. I've lived her since I was very young, around three or four months old I think. Hmm," she said, the last part almost to herself. Faolin rose to her feet, tail swishing back and forth hoping the girl would accept and keep her company for part of the day.

[/html]
[html]

SORRY.
i suck. :x

Lith smiled in an awkward sort of way, returning Faolin's, and rolled the map up once again. She wondered, briefly, if her bland energy had affected her counterpart at all; but it was obvious it had, as if bitter coffee was poured into sugarwater. Drawing more energy within herself, the lady stood after Faolin, swinging her bag onto her peppered back. If the red-eyed woman was her superior, Lith considered the procuration of her trust and respect a top priority, and therefore would make sure the woman liked her.
"That would be helpful," said the grey lady, dusting the sand off of her legs. Exploring with a long-time member would certainly give Lith an advantage, plus insight into the clan's inner workings. The tall woman smiled again, more naturally, and mirrored Faolin's swaying tail.

[/html]