somewhere somehow
The mahogony and ebony male moved elegantly through the sands, his fluid motions graceful as step by step he was drawn away from the rest of the world. The snow falling and the wash of the waves on the sand added to the beauty of the land, the only sore spot was the huge contraption that was grounded and half buried in the sands of time. Sankor knew what a ship was, though one like this he'd never seen before, it was like a great whale grounded upon the sandbar and gasping for it's last breathes waiting only for death. The black and silver hull before him wasn't breathing and it had never been alive, just another man made artifact to explore or to mark and be on his way.

Pausing to mark the sloping edge he scuffed sand over the spot after the deed was done and moved along the beast, circling the carcass to see if perhaps there was anywhere to gain entrance. He knew his sibling would have a fit if she caught him at it, but he was curious by nature and this sure did lay claim to calling out to be explored. He smiled to himself as he found a huge window, busted out from vandals in the time of man about to slip in he turned, gazing about the lands to make certain his smaller sibling wasn't about to appear and become that little voice in his head that was already buzzing. No sign of the girl, with a smirk he entered the cruiseliner.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/ ... /ceres.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc

From a distance the navy eyes had been watching the male as he regarded the ship. Cercelee had grown accustomed to the leftovers of the human world, buildings, cars, and ships. This was nothing new, though never had Cercelee seen so large a ship. Still, she wasn’t as interested in the ship as she was the male. With a grin of amusement Cercelee watched patiently as the male circled the metal creation, and finally (seemingly pleased with himself) found a way to slip inside. Out of sight, Cercelee rose to turn away, perhaps return to Dahlia de Mai. There was nothing more to see… unless of course she followed the male.
Coming up to the ship, Cercelee peered into the window in which the male had disappeared. Although she could no longer see him, she could smell him and it was a scent that she had found along the borders of Dahlia some time ago. Yet there had been no problems reported at that time from the scouts so this male must not have caused any trouble. Moving further into the ship, Cercelee spoke out into the air, hoping that the male with the rich colored coat would reappear."Allloo?"

[/html]
Sankor had disappeared into the hull of the ship and out of the room. The place almost reminded him of the strange high class hotel that his road companions and he had stayed in during the rainy season. He was standing in the long hallway that lead further in, attempting to decide if he wanted to go left or right when out of nowhere a voice seemed to echo through the corridor. Sankor flicked his ears back and debated on if he should continue on or turn back and figure out why someone was look for him.

The male took another step down the hall before sighing to himself and turning back the way he had come. Pausing in the doorway the mahogony and ebony male peered through to the creature waiting there in the middle of a ghostly room. Tilting his head to the side Sankor asked quietly. "Are you following me.." He had thought he'd been alone on the beach but it seemed that he was wrong.. now he was just curious as to why the ivory female had been on his tail.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/ ... /ceres.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc

Summoned by her voice the male appeared out of the doorway, like a ghost. His voice was warm and pleasant, though soft, and yet it held a tone of authority, as did his eyes. Cercelee froze, staring back at the male, all logical thoughts fleeing from her mind. Cercelee had just been following a whim, there wasn’t any reason or rhyme to why she was here, seeking out the male. There was something familiar about him, as if she had caught his scent before, but she could not place it in her mind, could not find a label to fit the feeling. Instead she just stared back up at him, her navy eyes wide with curiosity. "Yes. I am… or was."

She wasn’t following him now. They were speaking now, face to face and Cer was no longer lurking in the shadows, playing spy. Lowering her gaze down a notch and letting her tail free from it’s frozen poised position, she wagged a friendly hello to the male, hoping he felt no hard feelings for her childish antics. "I just wanted to see where you were going…" She paused, and as an after thought spoke again. "Where are you going?"

[/html]
The dark hued male stood there with a slight smile on his lips at the sapphire eyed woman seemed to try and find an answer to his question. Either she wasn't a very good stalker having called out to him or there was something more she actually wanted. He raised a brow as she finally found her answer, only to be met by a jest from Sankor himself. "I'm flattered.. never had a stalker before." he said with a flashy grin and a wink at the small framed woman.

When she'd lowered her gaze and had offered him the friendly gesture he hadn't seen so often to this territory he now roamed he smiled a softer smile and returned the hello with a flick of his tail. He'd been more amused that anything that the girl had been following him, he hadn't seen that many wolves who hadn't had some slight hostile turn to them, the coyotes just as well but for the most part he was smart enough to keep out of their territories. Her though, she was more outgoing than half the strangers here in this territory, more like the wanderers on the raods he'd taken before coming home.

Tilting his head to the side as his eyes traveled back to the dark room he'd just left he smiled and shrugged, his mild outlook had only drawn him here because it was something new and exciting. "Wherever my paws take me.. I guess." he said honestly. His brown green orbs flicked back to her face once more as he asked. "Where are you going?"
[html]
ooc

Cercelee could not help but return the smile that the male offered her. Cercelee hadn’t been sure how the male would respond to the fact she had indeed been trailing him, most others would not take too kindly to the invasion of their privacy. However this male, his warm eyes shining down on her, seemed tickled by the idea that Cercelee had gone out of her way to follow him. "I’ve never followed anyone before." At least not for so long, and not so intently. Something about the male had just made Cercelee want to know more about him.

The male threw her question back at her, and normally her answer would be much the same as his. Cer like to wander, wherever she wound up was good enough for her. Always she would have to return to Dahlia de Mai, but in between the ivory female would go where she pleased. "Wherever you are going.” Perhaps it wasn’t wise, to so blindly follow the male, but Cercelee had a good judge of character and she was drawn to the male. Hopefully he did not mind her tagging along. “So where are we going right now?”

[/html]
Sankor was intrigued by this young lady who thought to follow him this far until she called him out. The smile she returned to him was soft and gentle, he was curious as to what had drawn her to call to him if she had been his shadow for so long. When she admitted that he was the first she'd ever shadowed he chuckled and asked. "Now why ruin being my shadow with calling to me?" He really didn't mind that the girl had called out to him. He quite possibly wouldn't have even known she'd been following him as caught up in his thoughts as he'd been.. but now he knew and he wasn't alone.

The question he'd posed was answered with a brave note that he couldn't hide his surprise at. Clearing his throat at her response he grinned and asked. "Are you sure that's where you want to go?" he had no ill deeds or thoughts planned for the ivory lass but oddly enough he was just set to roam the strange boat that seemed more a house. There was nothing he was looking for and nothing he needed to prove.. this was just the rush of the moment. When she moved towards him and asked where they were heading he grinned and taunted her with suspense. "It's a surprise.." He turned about and headed back into the dimly lit hall and towards the innerrooms. There were doors that lead to other rooms and doors that lead upstairs and down, there even seemed to be doors that lead to nothing but most were not accessable to the wolf for he had no way of opening the human contraptions without thumbs.
[html]
ooc

Cercelee paused, she wasn’t sure why she had revealed herself. Though he had disappeared she could have followed his scent, so it hadn’t been fear of losing him. Like the rest of this strange game, it had all just been a whim. “I don’t know.” Cer replied simply and honestly, shrugging her shoulders and taking another step towards the male. “Maybe I was just tired of being a shadow.” That probably wasn’t it either, Cercelee hadn’t had enough experience of being a shadow to have grown tired of it already, but she couldn’t come up with any other explanation.

“Yes. If you’ll have me.” Cer had no where else to be and no where else to go, so as long as the nameless male did not object. Blue eyes brightened at the prospect of a surprise. “I’ve never had a surprise before!” At least no one had intentionally given Cer a surprise, she had indeed experienced unexpected events in the course of her life. Following the male, tail swaying behind her and clearing dust from the walls, Cercelee took in the dim rooms they passed through. “I think we should have code names, I’ll be Dreamspinner. Who are you?” Cercelee grinned at the male, they hadn’t after all introduced themselves, so code names were just as well.

[/html]
There was nothing he could do but take her honest answer and he did. With a smile and a nod he did, "Well, maybe we'll figure out why together.." he said to the unknown that had been her answer. When she'd given the sad excuse of being tired of being a shadow he chuckled and gazed at her skeptically. "That's possible, with that coat you'd make a horrible excuse for my shadow." With as dark as he was his own shadow probably did get lost in his pawprints but that didn't matter now, just ideal thoughts that his mind like to send out to him from time to time. Pushing the silly notions back he smiled once more and nodded to the girl as they went down the hallway to look for her surprise.

The simple excitement that rose from her getting her first surprise was enough to make him realize he'd better find the glorious room sooner or later. He knew it had to exist, he'd been in other places like this where humans had glorified for nothing other than simply doing it. Flicking his hazel orbs back to gaze at her brilliant blue ones he grinned. "Then we'll have to make this one super special!" He liked traveling the strange human contraption though he knew his sister would disprove. He didn't mind though, he had a curious nature and these slightly creepy realms soothed that inner beast for a while.

They were coming closer and closer to the center of the vessel as he realized that they had come across what he'd been looking for. Pausing along the stairwell he listened to the name she'd graced herself with as he tried to fancy one for himself. "If you're the Dreamspinner, then I mist be the Nightwalker.." he said with a grin, he knew how corny it woulded but that really didn't matter, it was just between the two of them.

Their paws brough them to the top of the staircase that flowed down to the open doors of the ballroom below where the dim light from stairglassed windows above tinted the floor. "My Dreamspinner, I give you your surprise!" He said with a bit of a smile as he bowed to her before revealing the steps to a dreamworld just for her. He knew he was bad, it was just by chance they'd found the ballroom but he'd assumed from past explorations of the world that the humans had a flare for the dramatic, they didn't let him down this time.
[html]
Cer is such a whore for Sankor!

Cercelee wagged her tail at the male, his comment about her coat color making her grin. It hadn’t been a compliment, but it had been attention, and for whatever reason this pleased the lady. “Very true, I make a better ghost.” Often before she had been compared, by herself and others, as a ghost, the incarnation of a ghost, and the child of ghosts, though no one knew if her father was dead or not. Cercelee could easily switch roles, from shadow to ghost to partner in crime, and all the while she followed behind the male on near silent paws.

Cercelee kept her smile to herself as the canine declared that this surprise would have to be special. She knew, logically, that he probably hadn’t much idea either what was on the boat, but perhaps he had a better idea than she. Never before had she been on a boat and she was eager to see where the male led her. “Dreamspinner and Nightwalker… they have a ring, but perhaps just for short we’ll use Spinner and Walker.” Cercelee knew the names were silly, but the idea of having a name for herself no one else knew but him delighted her. It was all just a game and she would enjoy it.

Bursting into the room Cercelee’s eyes widened as she took in the sight Nightwalker had presented. The room was dusty, but that did not deter from the beauty of it. Marble flooring, colors intertwining, reflected her face back at her as she descended slowly down the stair case. Stain glass windows separated the ballroom from what might be a dining room, Cercelee wasn’t sure what the purpose of all the empty space was but she had some good ideas. Looking back for Walker, making sure he had followed, she grinned. “Can you shift?” Cercelee wanted to waltz, as she had heard about humans doing during their extravagant parties, and she wanted to open the doors that were closed to them, accessible only with opposable thumbs.

[/html]
His soft brown eyes flecked with moss green seemed to sparkle as he smiled at the woman smiling at him. He titled his head to the side as he studied her for a moment with that smile simmering on his lips. Shaking his head he teased. "Ghosts are known for having bad reputations for haunting others.." He wondered if the woman would haunt him, not that he would hate the idea, it actualy was an interesting thought, but he'd rather have such a pretty haunt at his side and not just seen from the corner of his eye from time to time.

He knew that his declarations on the surprise to come had been over glamourous and flashy, he'd just gotten lucky when he'd found the prize in the crackerjack box. Walking side by side with the woman as her voice lingered in the air at the talk of their code names he smiled and raised his brow at the woman as he asked. "Ghosts haunt dreams.. is that why you're my Dreamspinner?" He chuckled as he sat back and watched her began her journey through the wonderfully strange world the humans once had posessed.

After a moment of watching the young Dreamspinner exploring her stage in this life he'd brought her to he smiled as she descended down the staircase and to the dancefloor beyond. He followed the beauty down the stairs slowly and sat at the bottom waitch her happily. His happiness seemed to suddenly disolve as he flicked his ears back and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry.. I'm not.." He didn't even know how to put it wouldn't seeming rude. They might look alike now, but they weren't made of the same stock. They came from two different worlds.. as try as he might he couldn't fit into her dreams the way she wanted.
[html]

Cercelee smiled at the comment of her as ghost, imagining her haunting others. Was she even capable of it? The alabaster Rosea was not a malicious creature, even to those who had caused her harm she was able to grant forgiveness, most times. Live and let live, Cercelee tried to follow that mantra, repeating it over and over when she got into a sticky situation that tested her patience. Perhaps, at times, her words could become sharp, but physically or psychological harm was something she hadn’t, and wouldn’t, dole out– on principle. Perking her ears at the male, his next comment, Cercelee nodded. Yes, perhaps there was meaning behind her name. “Only good dreams though.”

Nightwalker descended the staircase as well, then they were both on the ballroom floor and Cercelee waited to hear her answer. It hadn’t been the one she had expected, but the truth did not make her flinch. However the male seemed to struggle with his answer, and Cercelee nudged him gently when she saw his disappointment. “It’s okay. I was just wondering... actually I wanted to dance.” Cercelee shrugged, it was no big deal, she had never danced before anyway and doubted she was any good at it.

Navy eyes connected with the warm chocolate eyes of the male, studying the emerald flecks embedded in his irises. “Actually, it’s kind of nice, in a way. I was beginning to think there weren’t any who didn’t carry the virus anymore. It’s refreshing to see some persist... or resist... or whatever you want to call it.” Cercelee let a giggle escape her lips, the lady didn’t know if it was just chance or perhaps his parents had indeed resisted catching the virus, it didn’t really matter in the end. Cercelee couldn’t think of anyone else who couldn’t shift, Slay never did, but she thought she remembered him saying he could. “It just makes you all that more unique.”

[/html]
He smiled softly as he studied the girl for a moment, their thoughts of ghosts seemed so different, while her mind may have went to every negative focus on the aftershells of life he'd always thought of them as friendly family members or friends who might just hang around to keep watch over a favorite neice or grandson. When she commented on the dreams he grinned and teased the poor ghost again. "Well, I hope to see my Dreamsinner often then.." he said as he gave her a slight wink.

When he'd found his paws on the last step and moving towards the ivory woman. His discomfort at having to tell her the truth would have made him blush if he was able to. When she nudged him softly and tried to explain it all he smiled weakly and admitted. "I'd always envied others I'd met on my travels who could.." he flicked his eyes to his paws as he shrugged. "I didn't even know it was possible for the longest time.." he laughed slightly at the idea, knowing he seemed like a fool for admitting his own stupidity at never knowing that the ability or even those with the power to shift existed.

When her eyes met his and she admitted how she felt about meeting someone who actually wasn't infected with the virus Sankor just smiled slightly and muttered. "Does stupidity count?" He was such a fool but atleast she was taking it well in her disappointment. He looked across the empty dance floor and sighed, the one time he wished he could shift, if only to offer the lady her moment of happiness and it wasn't even possible. "Maybe oneday you could show me how.." he suggested. How to dance.. or how to shoft.. He really had no clue how the virus worked, he'd never asked those who roamed the highways with him. For the most part he hadn't really been interested and he'd never known another wolf to catch the virus. He smiled softly as his green flecked orbs met hers, letting her take the suggestion how she wanted it.
[html]
Ooooh, Cer is peer pressuring Sankor into being a Luperci. Come, just smoke one cigarette, all the cool kids do!

A grin appeared on her lips as the male before her spoke of envy. Never before had she imagined there was anything about her one might envy, but she hadn’t though of those who couldn’t shift as wanting to. “You know, you could shift, if you wanted.” Cercelee had been born a shifter and had never transferred the ability to anyone else, but she knew it was possible, had heard of others who had done so. Her father had done it for her mother, he had told her once. Cut into both of their palms and exchanged the blood, like a secret oath, something that bonded them together. Cercelee could do that for Sankor, if he truly wished it.

Shaking her head at the comment, Cercelee clicked her tongue disapprovingly. “You don’t seem stupid to me. Of course, I’ve only known you this past half hour, well formally. I’ve been following you for much longer than that, but still, you’re not stupid. I know. I’m a good judge of character. You are… charming. That’s what you are.” Cercelee nodded in her assessment and turned back to the ballroom, taking a few steps and turning back at the sound of Sankor’s voice. An invitation for a later date. “All you need to do is ask, Nightwalker. I’ll show you, you just ask.” Of course, she didn’t know either if he referred to dancing or shifting, but she would show him either. Dancing would be more difficult, as she didn’t really know how to herself, but all the same, the offer was on the table.

[/html]
So, maybe he wasn't stupid but Sankor knew that the words she spoke weren't true. He couldn't shift, he never could and he didn't know how to make himself shift. He watched the woman with warm honey hued orbs as she seemed to explore the ballroom. He shook his head and grinned. "I can't shift here or now.." he stated firmly. He didn't know how long it took for the virus to take effect but he knew it wasn't something that would happen inthe blink of an eye. He smiled softly at the woman and chuckled. "Besides, I'd probably be a horrible example of a shifter if I could..." He knew when he was smaller it had taken him forever and a day to grow into his large oversized feet and large frame, he doubted shifting into the new form was going to be like a hidden second nature.

He sat back and raised a brow at the words that Cercelee had rambled on about the male. He couldn't help but smirk at she arrived at him being charming, tilting his head to the side as he asked her doubtfully. "Charming. All this time you've been shadowing me and all you can arrive at is charming?" He just laughed as he shook his head and grinned.

He watched as she began to walk away and within a few steps she'd stopped. The words she granted him could have held more than one meaning as she spoke up. He wondered just which she'd meant but he knew that he obviously owed her a dance if he ever did get up the never to allow himself to fall tothe virus. Smiling slightly he nodded. "You may have to wait an eternity but when the time comes.. I'll ask." Would he really be that cruel to make the woman wait so long for her dance, he wasn't certain but they'd find out in time.
[html]

Cercelee shook her head, the male hadn’t understood. “I know you can’t shift now.... but if you wanted the ability, we could make it happen.” Of course Cercelee wouldn’t get her dance today, and probably not for very many days if ever, but it was possible. Again Cercelee shook her head at the male, he couldn’t know if he would be horrible at something until he tried. “No, you could learn. We all have to learn.” Some learned as children, and some as adults, but shifting was not something that just happened. A wolf had to control it, and anyone who had the virus could learn to do so. Cercelee smiled, dismissing the subject. Sankor would not be shifting.

Moving about the ballroom, poking her nose here and there into cloths hanging from the walls and discarded artifacts from the human’s last party, Cercelee smiled to the male. “Well, if you are not charming, what are you? And what am I?” The lady continued her exploration, navy eyes sweeping the room for any points of interest. “You just tell me when you’re ready Nightwalker, I’ll be waiting... but until then, if we do not dance, what shall we do?” Navy eyes turned back to the male, sparkling and waiting for the direction of the larger creature.

[/html]
Sankor didn't really know how he felt about the offer, on one side he would like very much to remain the way he was, to remain different and to have something that other's didn't.. but yet in the same breath everyone else already had something he didn't and he wanted it badly like a kid in the candy store without a dime to his name. His shining eyes watched the woman as she tried to encourage him to take the step. He smiled slightly as he leaned back on his haunches and chuckled. She was persistant and yet she was smart enough to change the subject as well.

He lifted his weight off his hindlegs and began to follow her at a slow pace, listening to the words she asked as he peered into dusty crystal and watched dust moving gracefully in the dim light from the stainglass. He turned his orbs towards the sapphire jewels once more as hee thought a moment. "I don't know. I'm just who I am." He wasn't for certain what he would use to describe himself.. he never really thought on who he was, what his character flaws or strengths were.. and here he was being asked to judge the ivory beauty before him as well. "Why would you want me to judge you anyways?" he asked casually as he trotted after her.

The question left him thinking but soon enough it looked like he'd be pushing that aside when once more she told him just to call on her when he was ready, with a quick grin he nodded agreement and came to stand by her side as she asked what was next. Clicking his tongue a moment he declaired in a very serious manner(though not serious at all) "We play hide and seek." Well, what was there to do in a giant old ship where there had to be a million excellent hideaways.
[html]

Cercelee shrugged at the question. It wasn’t that she wanted to judge him, but it just happened. And why not? “We all judge others, whether we admit it out loud or not. It doesn’t have to be a bad thing you know, admitting others strengths and weaknesses. You can’t be neutral to everyone, it’s just not possible.” There were always those you loved, hated and everything in between. Every wolf that spent more than a mere moment before Cercelee’s eyes under went judgment; most of them got a favorable verdict, Sankor included. “Does it bother you if someone makes assumptions of you? Even if they are positive?” No one really knew anyone else, everyone had so many faces. A lover might think he knew lady as well as she knew himself, but when it came down to it all he knew what was assumptions he had made about her.

Cercelee poked her nose into more fabrics hanging from the wall, letting loose a dainty sneeze as Sankor suggested their new game. Shaking out her fur and turning to the male, she smiled. “Okay, you count first. Close your eyes.” Leaving the ballroom and turning down a long corridor Cercelee knew she could cheat, shift and use her hands to access an area inaccessible to the male, but she wouldn’t. Cercelee wasn’t sure how much time the tawny male would give her but she did know that Sankor could easily sniff her own, which was why she back tracked over her paths numerous times until she chose a hiding place. Stowing away in one of the cabin’s, Cercelee had shoved herself into a cubby, probably used once to hang coats and blankets.

[/html]
He smiled slightly at the words that she said but he just slowly shook his head. "I still try to ignore what filters through at first glance.." he said softly. Sankor never did like knowing that he was being judged with every first meeting but he tried to show his good angle, not that he really had a bad one, but it was better to start off with the good foot forward to begin with. Flicking his ears back as she asked the questions he just thought a moment before shrugging. "I can't stop them from thinking. I just hope I don't trip over my own oversized paws and give them a reason to really judge me." he said with a wink as he pressed his nose against a glass on a table, the tinkling sound of the crystal knocking into another glass was soft and silky to his ears, but the thought of breaking the glass made him move back and watch the woman a moment as she worked her way around.

He couldn't help but grin as she readily agreed to play the puppyhood game with him in the great big ghostly ship. He rolled his eyes at the command she gave him as he made a dramatic show of hiding his eyes behind his oversized paws and through muffled laughter he began to count. "One, two, three..." He counted slowly and on he went until he reached one hundred, giving the snowy lady a good long time to find the perfect hiding place.

Pouncing up from the position he'd been in he grinned at the empty room and called out loudedly in a sing song voice. "Ready or nooot!" He dashed out of the room and his tail wagged happily as he called out as he wandered from room to room, "Oh Dreamspinner! Where has my Dreamspinner goneee.." He really was a horrible singer, anyone should feel sorry for the poor lady.
[html]

The alabaster lady waited patiently for the male to find her, her thick winter coat collecting the dust that coated the closet in which she hid. It was strangely comforting, to be crammed in such a small space, certainly no one else could fit in with her, she barely had room to wiggle about. It was dark too, nothing to look at, smell, or hear. Completely isolated, it was the perfect place to let her thoughts drift and wander. Had she ever played this game with her brothers as a child? Cercelee wasn’t sure, but she could vaguely remember a game of it with Coli after they had both gotten settled in to Clouded Tears. Where was Coli now? Why hadn’t she returned? Cercelee did not think her friend would break her promise, but perhaps Haku’s presence would keep her away. After all this time Cercelee still found herself wondering whether Haku had been a proper choice for a Lilium, but it couldn’t be helped now. He was there, wasn’t he?

A voice broke into her consciousness, pushing the thoughts back to their corners of her mind. Walker was getting closer, calling out for her. To answer would be suicide, the end of this round. Yet playing such a childish game, with another grown adult no less (she thought Slay the only one who would indulge in her childlike antics) made the female grow giddy. The sound of the male’s voice, growing closer made her heart beat in her chest, a happy panic that she was about to get caught. She could even hear his footsteps now, closer and closer as he neared the room she had chosen. Slowing her breath she hoped he would overlook her hiding spot, hoped to win this round.

[/html]