listen all of y'all it's a sabotage
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">
I couldn't resist using a Beastie Boys song XD

Large paws plowed through the snow, sending flakes flying out behind him. His mouth was open, tongue flying out the side, puffs coming out every other beat. The Aatte boy was having a race. Though, it was a race with no one in particular. He was racing around the outskirts of their land, near the borders, to see how fast he could go. Haven was also trying to get stronger and more coordinated. Things were getting better now that he was growing and he wasn't as clumsy as he used to be.

Suddenly his jade eyes caught sight of a rabbit up ahead and a large smirk crossed his face. The pup put on the thrusters and rocketed right toward the creature. The small herbivore turned and saw him, a horrified looks on its face before it began to dash away. It was fast, but Haven had had a head start and was almost right on top of it. He opened his mouth, ready to grab it and have himself a nice meal, when the hare darted to the side and down a hole. His smirk turned to angry frown and he turned to the burrow. A growl rumbled in his chest. "STOOPID RABBIT!" he barked. The boy started to dig up the snow and the dirt around the opening, hoping he still might be able to get his prey yet.

[/html]
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

He emerged from the mansion, blinking at the brilliant sun as it reflected off of the white covered landscape. The sky itself had a light grey sheen to it, only making it seem brighter. However, after only a few moments in the winter wonderland, Apollo’s mismatched eyes had adjusted fine. He trailed down the expansive lawn of the mansion, venturing past the white picket fence where he had often met Savina for lessons in Italian. In one hand, he subconsciously twirled his knife, tossing it just lightly into the air and catching it without hesitation as he wandered further into Crimson Dreams territory.

After about a half hour of wandering on his own, Apollo easily picked out the blur of orange against the endless white. The pup was one that he didn’t know personally, but had seen running around Crimson Dreams since he had decided to stay. Sheathing the knife into one of his front pockets (though the handle was blatantly obvious) he approached Haven, raising a brow at the pup’s dipped head as dirt spurted out from underneath his paws. "Diggin’ for worms?" He chuckled, grinning at the youth.

[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">

The boy mumbled under his breath as his paws and claws tore at the frozen earth. Really, he wasn't making any progress. All the dirt that flew out behind him was simply scratched from the surface. It'd be hard for even a fully grown, strong wolf to dig after the rodent. But the pup wasn't always one to listen to reason, and he kept digging. Besides, if nothing else it was helping him get his anger vented.

So involved in his task was he, that he didn't even hear the other wolf approaching. It was only when he was questioned that his head shot around to face his new companion. There was an indignant look on Haven's face. He didn't think he'd ever met this guy before, but though he might have seen him around. "Noooo. I was after a rabbit. I almost had it toos, but the stupid ting went down this hole." Haven shot the burrow another distateful look before returning his attention to the snow-colored male.

"Who's you? I dun think I's met you." Naturally, it was his business to know who all was in his mother's pack.

[/html]
[html]

"That’s too bad. Would have been a tasty meal," he responded to the youth, noting the rust orange color of his coat. It reminded him of one of the old leaders of Twilight Vale; Conri, Naniko’s mate. That thought made his brow twist in confusion. He hadn’t seen the orange male around anywhere, and had only seen Naniko quickly in passing – not up close and personal just yet. He hoped to catch up with her soon.

"I’m Apollo Haddon. I just came to live in Crimson Dreams not too long ago. Who’re you?" He asked in return, wondering if his suspicions were correct or not. Had TV's leaders given birth to pups while he was away?

[/html]
[html]

"Yahs, I know! I stills haven' caught anything on my own..." Every time he tried to hunt on his own he came a little closer to catching his prey. But he still hadn't been successful as of yet. He wouldn't give up though. The young boy was determined to be a good hunter, like his mothers and Jazper. He hoped when he grew up he would be big and strong like his mother Naniko. Though right now Mati was still the biggest of the litter.

Ah, so this guy was a new member. That was cool, he seemed nice enough. There was some mischievous spark that Haven thought he sensed in him too. "I like dat name. Apollo." Definitely a cool name. "I'm Haven Aatte. Naniko and Anu are my mothers." He knew that he had a father, but he wasn't around, so he was never given credit for anything. "What's dat in your pants?" he asked, eyes on the dark handle.

[/html]
[html]

Naniko and Anu were his mothers. Alright. But… who was the father? Apollo was old enough now to know that two females weren’t able to produce pups on their own. The orange coloring of this little guy made Apollo reaffirm his conclusions. Conri had to be the father, right? "Naniko and Anu, huh? Well, I know both of ‘em. I wasn’t aware that they had had any pups." However, realizing that he was in fact talking to a child, he decided to change topic direction. Haven would have no interest in talking about his family. At least, not if he was the same as Apollo had been at that age.

"My pants?" He asked, raising an inquisitive eyebrow. He looked down, and chuckled with realization. "Oh, this," he removed the weapon by it’s black handle. The sharpened blade glinted as the light caught it. "This is a knife," he told Haven, holding it out in front of his torso so that the youth could catch a better look.

[/html]
[html]

So Apollo knew both of his mothers, that was good. Haven loved both of them with all his heart. They were the best parents any pup could ever ask for, in his opinion. "I have three siblings too! Mati, Salem, and Brooklyn. Mati an' I gets along the best. Salem's really nice, bu' really quiet. An' Brooklyn," he rolled his eyes. "She can be kind of a bully and show-off." The boy stuck out his tongue a bit, to further show that he was not a fan of his white sister's behavior. He just wished she would be nice more often.

The pup's eyes grew big as Apollo took out the knife and displayed it to him. It was shiny! He walked a little bit closer, wanting to get an even better look at this knife thing. "What's it for?" He'd never seen anything like it before. The shiny part looked thin, but it didn't look flimsy.

[/html]
[html]

Four puppies. Wow, that was unexpected. Though he had caught glimpses of the little rascals, he had never stopped to think about them individually. But he wasn’t in disapproval. He liked the idea of having puppies around. Being so young himself, Apollo barely had the chance yet in life to live with youngsters like Haven. "Wow," he breathed to himself. He knew he and Sirius had been a handful – he couldn’t imagine keeping tabs on four kids.

He turned the knife over in his hands, grinning as the orange boy’s face light up with curiosity. "Well, a knife can be used for a lot of things," Apollo began, twirling the knife in the air and catching it as if it were second nature to him. "It’s a weapon which can be used in hunting, or in fights. They’re rather sharp, so you have to watch your fingers when you use them," he advised the Deputy Sergeant. "When you get old enough to shift, maybe I’ll show you a thing or two about how to handle a blade." His mischievous sideways smile light his features. He didn’t realize corruption could be so promising and fun.

[/html]
[html]

Haven's jaw dropped slightly as Apollo twirled and tossed the knife around in his hands. He was talented! The pup loved little tricks like that. Like when he had seen Geneva wink and had taught himself how to do it. Though this was much, much cooler than simply winking. It seemed to him like all the cool things you needed to have hands to do. Hunting and fights? He had never heard of wolves hunting in their shifted forms. He supposed that surely they could, but the idea had just never struck him before. The boy vaguely knew what a fight was. People got angry and they fought, right? He wasn't entirely sure how that all worked.

His tail began to wag at the prospect of being taught how to use a knife. Jazz had taught him some things about the piano, but that was also something that he needed to be able to shift for. The burnt orange kid had never gotten a straight answer out of anyone about when he was going to be able to do that. "Reallys? That'd be so cool! But when do I get to shift? No one ever tells me that." The sooner the better, so he could play the piano and have Apollo teach him how to do neat knife tricks.

[/html]
[html]

Now Apollo couldn’t wait for Haven to shift almost as much as the pup himself. "Well, how old are you now?" He asked him, curious about how many months longer it would be. He had to stop and think about himself. How old had he been when he was finally able to shift? He thought it had been around six or seven months, but he couldn’t be one hundred percent certain. "I think it’ll be in a couple of months, anyhow. You’re still fairly young. It’s about when you turn six months old. It’s not the same for everyone, I don’t think, but you’ll see.." When that time came, he was sure to pass on what he knew about knives. Haven seemed interested and Apollo was willing to teach.

[/html]
[html]

His head cocked to the side and his eyes looked up to the sky. How old was he? The pup hadn't really thought about how old he was. There were much more interesting things to concern himself with than his age. But now maybe he should have been keeping closer track! Since he would need to know it to see when he'd be able to shift. "Ummmm," he mumbled. "I...tink I's a little over three months now." Wow, was that it? He felt like he should be older by now or something. His jaw dropped when Apollo told him it was probably at six months that he could shift. Six months!? That was a whole nother of his life so far! That was crazy! "THREE more months?! Dat stinks!" Haven plopped himself down onto his rear indignantly. He didn't want to wait another three months!

[/html]
[html]

Apollo couldn’t help but laugh at Haven’s reaction. There had been plenty of times in his own life when he had been just as impatient. Especially when it came to shifting. There is something about being a little boy and seeing everyone else being able to shift and run around in different forms. It seems empowering, special.. mature. Apollo dropped down onto the ground, palms pressed down on the ground behind his back while his legs stretched out in front of him. "Don’t worry, Haven. I know it seems like forever, but it’ll be here before you know it! And then if you still want, I’ll teach you all about knives and fighting. I promise."

[/html]
[html]

It was frustrating when all the grown ups could shift and be awesome, and he was stuck all little and on all fours. It wasn't that he really disliked his lupus form, it was just that there seemed to be so many cool things you could do shifted. You were taller and could to more stuff. You had hands. Haven couldn't even count all the stuff you could do with hands. Like play the piano, read a book, use a knife, pick stuff up without having to use your mouth. The possibilities were endless! As Apollo sad on the ground and sprawled out his legs, the pup crawled up onto his lap. "An' I promise I'll stills want to!"

It was only now that he noticed the big black things that seemed to be in Apollo's ears. What in the world were those? He put his paws up on Apollo's chest to try and get a better look. "What're those things? The things in your ears?"

[/html]
[html]

Apollo really liked this kid. He was funny, and Apollo admired his curiosity. He didn’t mind at all when Haven climbed onto his lap and gazed curiously at the wooden plugs Apollo had in his ears. "Those are called plugs," he informed the orange colored boy with a grin. "You wanna see what it looks like when I take them out?" Apollo leaned towards the right, putting all of his weight on his right palm while he used his other hand to pop one of the wooden plugs out of his ear. Left behind was a hole similar in diameter to a small stick. "You’ve seen people with rings and stuff in their ears before, haven’t yah? It’s the same thing, except my hole is a lot bigger. A wolf I met showed me how to do it. You keep putting in these wooden sticks called tapers and slowly the hole gets bigger and bigger. And then you puts these plugs in," Apollo said, sliding it back into his ear, "and it’s kinda like a big earring." He grinned satisfactorily at the pup, wondering if possibly gauging would be something he would teach Haven when he got older alongside knife throwing.

[/html]
[html]

Plugs huh? He'd never heard of such a thing. His uncle had had some rings on his ear, and this tagy thing, but nothing as big as what Apollo had. But as he was asked if he wanted to see what it looked like when they weren't there his eyes lit up even more. "YEAH!!" he exclaimed, his tail wagging faster. As the wooden circle was popped out of his ear, all that was left was a big hole. The boy's eyes grew wider. That was crazy! Had he cut a big chunk out of his ear or something? It seemed like the only way someone would be able to do that. He peered through the hole, able to see the trees and grass easily through it. "That's so cools!" He'd never seen anything like it!

When asked if he'd seen other people with rings and other things in their ears he nodded. It'd only been his uncle DaVinci, but he had seen it. Up to this point he hadn't given it much thought, but now that he was they were pretty cool. Haven listened carefully as Apollo explained how he had gotten the bigger holes in his ears. Well, that made sense. Not to mention it sounded a lot less painful than actually cutting a hole that big in your ear. How did people come up with these ideas? They were so neat! "That's really neats! I might wants one of those some days! When I'm bigger and can shift." Yet another cool thing he could have when he was able to shift.

[/html]
Ending this, whee~![html]

Apollo laughed, patting the youngster on the top of his fluffy orange head. "Just come and find me, and then I’ll show you all about those things in a few months." He sat up a bit, as much as he could will Haven still settled on his lap. "Well Haven, I think I’m gonna head out of Crimson Dreams for a while." He picked up the boy and set him gently on the ground next to where he had been sitting. Rising, he brushed the debris from his fur. "Maybe we can go hunting sometime too," Apollo said with a grin. "See you later."

[/html]