Haunt Me Every Day
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
date this to tomorrow Big Grin

She had never been outside the lands before...and now she definitely knew that she didn't like it. She should have turned back hours ago.

Siobhan looked down at her sore paws with a grimace, struggling to lift each one as she walked. The young female had left Inferni with the intention of finding the city Halifax, but somewhere along the way she'd gotten horribly lost. She wanted to stop and rest, but at the same time she was afraid that doing so might get her caught. She wasn't sure where the pack boundaries were, or if she'd already gone inside of them...and she didn't want to make anyone angry. So it was best to keep moving despite the pain that she was in.

She let out a small whine with each step, though, her dry pawpads beginning to crack a little bit from overuse. She had been walking for a while, really, ever since she'd run into Cross...so almost a day. Siobhan wanted to go home so badly...but she needed to get to the city so that she could find some clothes. She was tired of being cold all the time.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerr.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The snow was really starting to get deep now. What in the world was he doing out here? The young boy knew that he would be much more comfortable in the warmth of the mansion that out here in the freezing cold. But something was drawing him to explore outside. A shiver went down his spine and he trudged through the drifts of snow. White flakes clung to his copper fur, as if they were trying to steal the head from his body (and were doing a pretty good job of it too). Stopping suddenly he yapped and ran in circles, trying to bite the cold things from his fur. It wasn't any use though. As soon as he would remove some, more would fall down to take their place.

It was soft, but a whine drifted to the Aatte pup on the air. Bi-colored ears perked up and jade eyes searched over the mounds of snow for its source. Brows scrunched together, for there didn't seem to be anything for him to see. Haven thought he then saw a small flash of red, like a tiny pebble or something. He bounded through the snow towards where the bright color had come from.

The bright pup came to a halt as he was finally able to make out the form of what seemed to be a white pup about his size. She looked really miserable (though who wouldn't be in this weather). His tail waved from side to side and a smile lit up his face. "Hi's there!" he called out. He hadn't met anyone else his size aside from his siblings. Maybe he had just found a new playmate!

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Her tail lay limply behind her, a sign of her mood. Siobhan was very thin, but her fur was thick and bushy; her tail made a light, feathery track after her as she went. She wasn't sure where she would sleep tonight, but she'd have to rest up a bit before she headed back up to where Ezekiel and his father. She knew that she couldn't go too much farther, even if she wanted to. She would have to stop eventually.

But she wanted to clear this are first. There was some strange sort of presence to these lands, and it was beginning to freak her out a little bit. Maybe it was the fact that she was outside of Inferni, though, outside of lands where she was comfortable. She was probably just scaring herself.

She finally came to a halt, sitting down in the cold snow, her tail coming to curl firmly around her front paws. It was impossible; this whole entire trip was impossible. She was so stupid--of course she wouldn't be able to find the city all by herself. She was tiny! And these lands took many days to cross. Oh...Ezekiel was probably really worried about her. She hated to make him feel sad, hated to make him worry. She looked guiltily back toward the direction that she thought Inferni lay in, then back ahead. Maybe she would never get all the way back home again. What if she just ended up walking around and around over and over again, and never found her way back? The thought made her shake a little and she sniffled, putting her head down.

A sudden sound jolted her out of her thoughts. What was it?! She jumped up and managed to get a few feet away before she realized what she was doing, and she turned just as quickly back around to him, her fur puffing up defensively. You leaves Siobhan alone! You bully!! Bully!! She shouted. Ezekiel had told her all about bullies.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... annerr.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

His happy look changed to one of confusion as the small girl started to run from him. He had startled people before, but they had never actually turned to leave. But she turned back around to look at him. At first his smile started to creep back onto his face, but with her words it was quickly stamped out. His ears fell back tightly against his head and his bottom hit the ground as though he had just been shoved. Bully? But...he hadn't done anything wrong, had he? All he had done was say hi to her. Why did she think he was being mean?

He felt tears start to well up behind his large jade eyes. All the sadness in the world looked like they were in those orbs right now. "But...I'm not a bully..." he whimpered. Haven had never had anyone react to him like this before, and it hurt him deeper than he thought it could. His soft whimpers soon turned to wails as tears streamed down his face. He was a good boy, he wasn't a meanie. Why did she call him that?

[/html]
[html]

Why?! Why was he acting that way?! She saw his face turn to a different expression than before, a sadder one, and then the waterworks came. Truth be told, she didn't have any idea what to do. She had really thought that he was a bully, scaring her like that...and now he was crying! Oh...she hated it when other wolves cried. Why wouldn't he stop? She wasn't scary! He was scary.

She couldn't believe that she'd called him that horrible name--called him a bully. She'd never used the word before today, and it probably meant something much worse than Ezekiel had told her. Or maybe it meant something different to wolves! She had really hurt his feelings, though...he was crying really hard. But what could she do to fix it? Siobhan thought about this over and over again while he cried, getting more and more frustrated.

She was so sorry! She was a bad, bad wolf, making someone cry. That was why her mother had chased her away--her mother must have sensed the bad inside of her and decided that she didn't want someone bad like Siobhan around. She was a bad girl, a very bad girl. A bad daughter. She sniffled a little more before breaking out in tears herself, putting her head down into her paws. She was a bad child! Bad! No one wanted her. And maybe even Ezekiel wouldn't want her once he found out about how bad she had been. That thought made her cry even harder, collapsing down to her belly.

[/html]
[html]

The Aatte boy continued to cry and whimper. Big hot tears streamed down his face. He was a good boy. His mommas always said that he was a good boy. He was never mean to anyone! Sometimes to Brooklyn, but that was only when she was being mean to Mati. Mati didn't know how to stand up against their sister, so he protected her. Just like he had helped her when they went out into the woods together. Bullys didn't do that sort of thing. If anyone around here was a bully it was Brooklyn, not him! He hadn't done anything wrong, he was just trying to be nice.

Haven's eyes had been clamped tightly shut, that was until he started hearing other whimpers that didn't belong to him. Watery eyes opened to look at the girl who had called him a bully. She was crying! Why was she crying? He didn't understand. None of this situation was making any sense to him. He sniffled, trying to calm himself down. "Why...why's you crying?" he asked in between sobs.

[/html]
[html]

Now that she had started, she didn't feel like she could stop. Sobs just kept coming and coming, sometimes followed by gasps for air, others longer and more drawn out. She couldn't believe that she had made him cry, and now she was crying, too...she was horrible. It was rude to cry in front of other wolves, out in the open-he probably thought that she was really rude. And she had called him names, too, so if he did think that she was rude she definitely deserved it.

"S...S..." She croaked, finding it difficult to speak, "Siobhan is s--sorry! She is very very sorry!" But maybe he didn't know what she was sorry for. There were so many things that she had to apologize for. "She is sorry she called you a bully!"
[/html]
[html]

After a few more sniffles and a couple more sobs, the tears seemed to stop flooding out of his eyes. She was sorry. She had apologized. And now he felt bad for the fact that she was crying. He still wasn't sure why she was, but he knew that he wanted to comfort her. It seemed like this Siobhan was just lost and scared or something. He wondered if she had lost her parents. "Tank yous for apologizing. I forgives you."

Carefully the boy rose back to his feet. Tentatively he took a few steps towards her. He wanted to go lay by her and let her know that it was going to be okay. That if she needed a place to stay she could come back to the house with him where it was warm. But he didn't want to scare her. "Can I's...come sit by you?" Since she was so upset he thought he should probably ask first instead of just doing it like he normally might have.

[/html]
[html]

Now that her face was all wet it was starting to feel a little colder. Her crying came to a slow and gradual stop as she realized that he was no longer sobbing, and she watched him carefully. What if he didn't accept her apology? She didn't know what she'd do. She didn't really have anywhere to go, not today anyway. She wouldnt make it back to Infern in time for supper anyway, so she could spend some time in different places.

It was like a huge weight had been lifted off of her chest when he said that he accepted it, and she sighed. The tears on her cheeks were beginning to freeze and she rubbed at them with a paw, trying to get them off. After a moment of trying she looked toward Haven again, trying to see if his were frozen too. She could get his off, and he could get hers off!

She was about to ask him when he spoke again, seeing if it was alright for him to come sit by her. Did he still think that she was going to call him names? Or maybe he thought she was going to try and attack her...and that was why he'd asked instead of just coming over! But she wouldn't do either of those things. Siobhan nodded, pulling herself back up into a sitting position. The occasional hiccup made her pop up a little bit, but other than that she was doing much better. "Siobhan's face is cold--it is frozen!"
[/html]
[html]

Honestly, the pup hadn't even noticed that his wet cheeks were beginning to harden and the ice that was forming was tugging on his fur. He was just concerned about her. Something about her almost reminded him of his sister Mati. Like she just needed comfort and reassurance. He was glad to see her nod and show that he could come over and sit by her. A small smile appeared back on his face and he walked and sat right next to her. She was pretty. She had fur like his mother, but he had never seen anyone with eyes like that before. They were gorgeous.

It was only when she said it that he felt the cold on his own face. Haven guessed that made sense. Since everything else was frozen, their tears would freeze too. "Mine toos. Bu' it's ok. I'll helps you." Gently he began licking the side of her face that was nearest to him. The heat from his little pink tongue making the ice on her face melt. Luckily tears weren't too thick! "Is that better?" He didn't mind waiting for help with his cold face. It really wasn't bothering him too much.

[/html]
[html]

She wasn't sure if she had ever seen a puppy like Haven before. Back home she hadn't had any brothers or sisters, and she'd barely had a mother. Ezekiel had been there, after a while, to take her here...but he was lots bigger than she was. She'd never had the experience of being around someone who was the same size as her, only wolves or coyotes who were much bigger. It was kind of nice, being around someone who she didn't have to look up at to see. Well, not too far up anyway.

He started to lick her cheek and her eyes got wider. She wanted to turn her head to look at him, but at the same time she wanted all of the tears to be gone. She settled for keeping quiet until he was finished. "What was that that you did?" It had felt warm! "Siobhan can move her face--it is very nice now!" She looked at him curiously. Her mother had rarely touched her, and had never licked her before. She didn't know anything about it, or about what licking meant. "Your face is frozed too? Siobhan can help you" She offered.
[/html]
[html]

Haven's family had always been very affectionate. Licks were just as commonplace as wrestling matches, if not more so. Both of his mothers licked them. And a lick was his usual way of greeting his siblings. Especially Mati and Salem. He had always found it to be a comfort. It made him feel warm and safe. He imagined it must have the same effect on others. So needless to say he was surprised when Siobhan asked him what he had done. Hadn't anyone ever licked her before? He couldn't imagine that such a thing was possible. "I licked yous to get the tears off. Has you never been licked befores?" Even though it was very sad if that was true, he couldn't help but feel a little special that he had been the first.

The way she talked was kind of silly, but he liked it. It just increased her specialness. "Yahs, but I can get the other side of your face first, so your whole face can moves again." He walked around to her other side and licked the cold tears from her cheek again. The boy really liked being able to help her. "Oks, if you want to helps me you can now." He hoped that she would, but he wouldn't be sad if she didn't either.

[/html]
[html]

This is like...Lion King-esque. XD

For the longest time, she hadn't been able to figure out how to shift back down into her four-legged form. Siobhan didn't like standing on two legs at all, preferring this more natural shape, and it had been a bother to her when she had been travelling. Having four legs meant that she couldn't wear clothing, but that was all right. Most of her items had gotten wet at some point or another and would take a while to really dry in the cave.

"She has never heard of this, this licking. Is for cleaning? For getting cleaned?"She was now six months old, but the girl did not know much about the world around her. Up north in the arctic, things had been very rough. Most of her days had been spent inside the small cave that her mother had grudgingly allowed her a sleeping spot in. If she wasn't inside the cave she had been out doing things for her mother, certain tasks that the coyote hadn't been able to do for herself. Or that she hadn't wanted to do.

She looked at Haven hesitantly. She had already offered, but she wasn't sure how exactly to do the thing that he'd done to her. It seemed simple...but not to her, someone who had never tried it before. She didn't want to knock into him on accident...get too close or not get close enough. The white coyote closed her eyes, leaning carefully to the side, toward his face. She opened her eyes to see if she had gotten his cheek then licked to the side, down his face. It wasn't so hard! Siobhan continued this a few times. "You's can turn your head?" She requested. "And Siobhan does not know, yet..she is not knowing your name, either"
[/html]
[html]

So she really never had been licked before? That was so sad! Did she not have a mother to take care of her and love her? Maybe that was why she was so afraid. "Yahs, it can be for cleaning. Bu' it can be used for other tings too. Like, my mommas, they lick me an' my siblings. To show us they love us and to make us feel safe." He wasn't sure if he was really giving that good of an explanation of what licking was, but at least that's what it meant to him. "I tink some use it to says hello too. Like when I sees my brother, I'll lick him to say hi. He's really quiet and don' talk much." Which was the complete opposite of Haven. He was almost always talking to someone or something.

Siobhan hesitated, and at first he didn't think that she was going to lick him. But then slowly she leaned forward and softly licked his cheek. The feeling when she did made his toes curl. It wasn't like being licked by his mothers or siblings. It gave him a funny, warm kind of feeling. He didn't know what it was, but it was nice. The pup turned his head at her request, so she could reach the other side of his face. How stupid of him! He hadn't even introduced himself yet! That was no good. "My name's Haven. Is nice to meets you, Siobhan." He smiled as he tried to crane his jade eyes to look at her, which didn't really work.

"Does you have a place to stay? You could sleeps here if you wanted for tonights. There's a den and a big house." Haven didn't like the thought of her out her by herself in this cold and snow. He had offered both locations, though if she was going to take him up on his offer he hoped they could go to the mansion. It was warmer and less crowded than the den.

[/html]
[html]

She had only ever known dens. Siobhan had seen one big house in Inferni, but nothing other than that. She didn't know what that big house had been called, either...if it had just been a house, or a mansion, or what. The girl didn't know that it was unnatural for wolves or coyotes to live in them, either; she had never heard of the humans or anything like them, coming from the far North. Nothing came up that way, no wolves or anything.

"Oh"She said, frowning. That didn't make sense. To show them that they were loved? What was love? Licking was nice, though--she liked it, no matter what it meant. Even if it had meant a really bad thing to be licked, she probably would have still liked it. Siobhan thought about this for a few moments, then answered his question. "Siobhan would have to sleep somewhere cold. It is warm inside your house?" That was the really important part. She hated being cold. The first big thing that Ezekiel had taught her was about being warm--fires, and good things like that. The den that she had shared with her mother had been very cold.

"Haven is a good name. Haven will show Siobhan to the warm place?"
[/html]
[html]

He gave her a puzzled look as she frowned. Didn't she understand? The young boy wondered what kind of life she had had. Not knowing licks, not knowing what they even meant. It was like she didn't understand or something. That made him really sad. It made him want to make her happy, to show her all the affection that apparently she hadn't gotten. For all of his adventurous spirit and a slight rebellious streak, Haven was really a soft hearted creature. He didn't like to see anyone or anything unhappy. He felt the need to try and right the wrongs in the world. It seemed to him that Siobhan must have been very wronged.

He smiled and nodded his head enthusiastically. "Yahs. The house is very warm. Nice n' cozys." The pup had feared that she wouldn't have wanted to take him up on his offer. He couldn't stand the thought of anyone stuck outside tonight, especially a sweet girl like Siobhan. His bi-colored ears folded back for a moment as she said that he had a good name. He liked that she liked his name. "Of course! Is right this ways!" he said as took a slight lead ahead of her.

Thankfully the trip to the house hadn't been too bad. The burnt orange puppy bounded up the front stairs, with some dexterity. Using his nose, he worked hard to nudge open the door. Doors were still a little tricky. Stairs he was getting pretty good at. But doors still needed some work. As the door finally opened up enough for the two of them to get inside, the warm hair hit him and made him feel good inside. "After yous!" he said, still holding the door.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... anner2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was kind of like coming from a different culture. But Siobhan wasn't even sure if coyote normally did that kind of thing or not. Ezekiel had always been very kind to her, and had helped her out and shown her things that would help her out later on in life...he'd been like a father. But there hadn't been that real, true closeness, the kind of bond that a mother and child or father and child had. She just didn't know if it was normal for coyotes...or if all of the licking and nuzzling was more of a wolf thing.

When she heard that the house was cozy she picked up the pace a little bit. She hadn't been very warm to begin with, and even though the tears were gone her face did still feel pretty cold. It wasn't very long of a walk, though, and her tail began to wag as the giant building came into view. It was truly massive, and she craned her head back so that she could keep looking at it as they came nearer to it. There was a lot of detail on the outside! She could only imagine what such a building would hold on the inside, if it already looked so wonderful on the outside.

"Wowww" She breathed as she stepped inside. This belonged to Haven's pack? This whole entire house did? "Is so many colors! And soft on the feet!" She'd never stood on carpet before. It felt like it was hugging her paws!

[/html]
[html]

After she was safely inside, Haven followed. The warmth of the mansion began to warm his cold face, ears, toes, and tail. He shook his pelt, trying to get rid of the remaining snowflakes and cold. Warm was so much better. Really the only warmth he knew was inside the house or in the den with his family. He hadn't experienced warm weather yet. It would doubtlessly be something he enjoyed.

Siobhan's sudden enthusiasm about the house made his smile grow larger and his little tail wag. It was good to see her excited about something! "Yahs! Issn' it cool?" He walked closer to her, lowering his voice. "You knows, me an' the mansion have the same name! Is called Haven Manor!" Maybe she wouldn't think that was as neat as he did, but he wanted to share anyway. "Most of da pack lives in heres. My moms an' brother an' sisters sleep outsides in a den thoughs. I likes it better in heres." Once he was old enough, and his mommas wouldn't be sad, he wanted to come live in the house.

"Do you wanna go inta one of da rooms? They haves these cool tings called beds that are springy and soft and you can jump on thems!" Haven loved coming in here and jumping on the vacant beds when there was nothing else for him to entertain himself with. Maybe Siobhan would like it too!

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... anner2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She felt much warmer now that they were inside, more full of energy. Now that she could move her feet and legs without as much trouble she did so, jumping in place a couple of times. It was so nice in here! But that wasn't it--he was saying that there was more! More rooms. She hadn't been in a place that had both an upstairs and a downstairs before--she barely understood the concept of it. "Siobhan sleeps in a den outside too! With Gabriel and Ezekiel. They are very nice to her--they bring her food sometimes" She was very proud of that fact, that she too had providers. She was at the age where she should have been learning how to hunt for herself...but no one had ever taken the time to teach her back home.

"Yes! We should go find a bed thing!" Now she was even more excited. This place was so much fun! She would have to come here lots more.

[/html]
[html]
I <3 these two

He giggled, and began to jump along with her. It was such a change from how she had been outside! This was great! "Yahs? Da pack brings us foods too sometimes, but I'm getting close to bein' able to gets it on my owns. I almost had a rabbit da other day, but it got down a hole. I was sooooo close though!" Yes, the rabbit incident was still bothering him. But seriously! He had been that close! Stupid rabbits. "Is Gabriel an' Ezekiel your families?" It seemed like the logical conclusion to him. He lived with his family.

His tail wagged excitedly as she said she wanted to go find a bed. "Okays! This way!" Haven knew just the perfect place. It was a room no one lived in and the bed was right on the floor, so they could get on it easily. He nosed open the door and went straight for the bed, stumbling up on it. Then he proceeded to bounce up and down like they had been out there, but now he was bouncing even higher! "Comes on Siobhan!" He giggled happily.

[/html]