missing a title
[html]
mall-caps;">this table was touched by Misery

She had come to him and asked him to speak with her. To walk with her. He had not denied her, and for that she was grateful. She did not want just anyone to hear the conversation they were bound to share, it was the point she had made. And so a walk off to lands untold would save them their privacy, and keep her from worrying. Walking with him, they had said little as they passed out of his lands, and entered into the expansion of nothingness, the empty lands that either no one liked, or no one wanted. They were unclaimed, and for the most part, untouched.
"He came to see me, Phoenix did." She began, looking the boy in the eyes. Eyes she could have fallen for, so exotic as they were. Fatin had made a choice in that moment, one that she found strange and slightly insulting. "I have no desire to speak with him again, but for a matter of diplomacy I will probably be required to." She withdrew a sigh before it had a chance to escape, rather, she just nibbled the inside of her lip, eyes turning towards him. "This mess just wont go away, will it?" A small smile was playing on her features, she knew the answer. So did he.

[/html]
[html]

indent It was peculiar, that he should find her as his confidant. Fatin had indeed stepped into a role that no one had been able to complete before. She was like his mother, in some strange way, like family. History had created a hatred of her kind in him, but even Gabriel could not deny that his blood was still very much wolf. For that reason, he trusted her. For several more, she was his ally. “No, I don’t think so,” he began. A chunk of dark-streaked hair tumbled into his face and was brushed out with his wounded arm. “I fought him recently. He was with Faolin…I didn’t think, I just reacted. He probably thinks that I mean to kill him.”
indent His eyes, burning golden-yellow, the eyes of a Fury, the eyes of his mother, never left her. “He’s an idiot,” Gabriel stated firmly, shifting his feet in the layer of snow and ice below them.

[/html]
[html]

indentThe words were faint and, for a short moment, Phasma wondered if they were actually real or if it was just the wind. The raven woman found her answer as she continued walking though, as the voices grew more clear and she was able to make some of the words out. Fatin, the image of the woman popped into her head immediately, and for a brief second she smiled to herself. The other voice though, the one she'd spoken to at the borders of Inferni. He'd mentioned her that day, explained to her that she'd helped the children. Phasma had gone to see her, traveled all the way to Jaded Shadows, but it had been Deuce that had found her and taken her time.

indent"Fatin?" She spoke then, rather suddenly, as she climbed the hill that had been hiding her from view. Slates eyes fell upon the two forms, they only seemed to be walking, and Phasma wondered if she shouldn't have just turned and left when she'd realized who it was. She had a rocky past with Inferni, still unsure why they had attacked in the first place. "I apologize if I've interrupted." The last thing she wanted to do was give the hybrid another reason to dislike her.

[/html]
[html]

She considered him, perhaps wrongly, like a son. He probably had never had a mother treat him the way she treated her own children, with constant affection and promises of the future. Kaena was not the fluffy and sweet kind of woman. She never had been. Fatin had been her opposite, and together, they made a complete union that was balanced and perfect. For Kaena's bloodlust, Fatin healed. For Fatin's weak body, Kaena was strong. They had been perfect, until they had been shattered with her leaving. Fatin did not dare suggest she hurt more than Kaena's children, but the pain was raw and deep in her heart.
"I agree." She said, with a hint of disdain in her voice. "Every fault he found with Inferni, I was able to point out the action a pack had taken to upset you. He does not realize, I fear, that Inferni is attempting to protect themselves, not start a war with the wolves." Honestly, Fatin feared the opposite. She feared Phoenix believed Inferni meant to take them all.

As Phasma approached, a smile grew on her face. She left Gabriel's side to embrace the ebony girl, and turned her gaze back to Gabriel. "Nothing much Darling, just a chit chat about Storm actually." She walked about half way between the two figures, unaware they knew one another. "Gabriel, this is my..." sheepishly she paused to smile. "Well, in a way you're both like my children. Anyway, this is Phasma. Gamma of Storm." How ironic it would be when Fatin discovered they already knew one another! And furthermore, when they informed her of their conversations. She was not afraid to speak in front of Phasma, she had perfect faith in the girl. Sighing softly, she pushed a curl out of her eyes, waiting for Gabriel to speak again. He, like so many others of his line, had a way with words. "I would not doubt it. He seems paranoid about Inferni in general..." She said, in response to his previous statement.

[/html]
[html]

indent The stranger’s scent had come the moment she spoke, and Gabriel turned. It was the woman from Storm; they had spoken briefly on matters, matters including Fatin herself. Remaining still, hands at his side, he remained quiet as the two began discourse. The woman from Jaded Shadows then introduced them, suggesting she thought of him as her child. It was somewhat accurate, and he did not comment on the suggestion. Only after she finished did he speak again. “We have a reputation,” he offered, smiling slightly.
indent “Phasma and I have met before,” he added, giving the dark woman a slight nod of the head.

[/html]
[html]

indentHer sudden arrival was accepted with open arms, which she knew to expect from Fatin. The raven woman couldn't help but smile just a bit as the older woman took her in arms, which she returned right back. When Fatin moved though, Phasma stayed still, watching from the distance as the older woman stopped. Had it been just the two of them Phasma would have shown much more emotion at the words spoken. It meant a lot to her that Fatin felt such a way about her. It meant a lot to someone who never had parents and, for a good portion of her life, didn't even have an identity.

indent"Yeah.." She spoke up quietly after Gabriel spoke. "I went to Inferni to speak with him about Skoll." She took a few steps then, bringing herself to Fatin's side, trying her best to seem friendly. She didn't know his thoughts on her, nor did she want to make them any worse than they might have been already.

[/html]
[html]

Her eyes widened slightly as first one, and then the other, explained their connection. As it was, she hadnt been expecting them to know one another, rather, she was expecting to be the common element between the two. She nodded, almost weakly, but quickly recovered from the small shock. "That's actually what we were talking about...Phoenix came to Jaded Shadows the other day, and I ran into him." She said softly, eyes darting from the male to the female. "I dont know how to feel about it honestly." Her voice sounded so soft, so far off. It was unusual being here amongst all of the death and feel a connection with the lands. It was the end of an era, one that Fatin was not quite sure if she would miss, or enjoy seeing off. "What do you think about the whole mess Phasma?" She asked, turning her gaze towards the silver eyed beauty.

[/html]
[html]

indent"I think Skoll is more of a danger than given credit for in Storm." She answered honestly, frowning just a bit at the fact. "I exiled Lucifer from Syemv, my own son, to keep Storm from bringing any kind of force down on us." Which she also needed to do, thank Fatin for taking him him. "I would hope that whatever Alpha after me would have upheld that." Even if he was her son, she did what she thought she needed to do to protect her pack. She knew that Lucifer would find his own way. That he would be just fine. "I guess it's just hard to accept that your friend could be a murderer."

[/html]
[html]

indent Gabriel scratched behind one ear, keeping his eyes on the pair. “We’ve done the same with my brother,” he said quietly, realizing there were more parallels then he might have liked to see. “I don’t want to start another war, considering how much was lost in the previous one, but I can’t risk trying to take him head on. Phoenix has made it clear he’ll aid that bastard even if he isn’t a part of Storm.” There was cold, righteous anger in his voice, and hellish light in his eyes.

[/html]
[html]

She reached out, gently squeezing Phasma's hand. Knowing how much she cared about Lucifer, knowing the sacrifice to herself she had made for the sake of her pack, it was heartwarming. "He has a home with me, in Jaded Shadows." She said kindly, as if to comfort the female. Fatin didn't know that Phasma was already aware of it, and as Gabriel spoke her attentions turned back to the haunting golden eyes he had received from his mother. "I feel that any choice made by an Alpha should be upheld by the next. If Mordulin decided to exile Salvaged, I certainly would not have brought him back into the pack despite my personal feelings." She made the choice long ago if it came down to it, and she would have upheld her choice had the moment been given to her. "It's a foolish choice, considering all that is at stake. He was foolish enough to try and brush off what Skoll did to Ahemait and Samael for the sake him defending some child. I told him that it was a matter for Inferni to handle, and it was not Skoll's place to interject." She said quietly. "I do not think he understands, or perhaps he is just not willing, but you, as a leader, have to come to terms with making choices not for yourself, but for the sake of your pack. For Jaded Shadows, we would damage our alliance with Inferni by condoning Skoll's return to Storm, just as it would have hurt Syemv to allow Lucifer to stay. He was so quick to judge Lucifer for an action he has remedied when Skoll nearly killed two children, but he does nothing but practically praise him!" It was easy to see the female was upset, and nearly at wits end. "He seemed to be quick to judge me, and Jaded Shadows, for the actions of months past. I'm afraid that all you and Gibraltar have done for Storm are falling to ruins because of my opinion of him." She said it as neutrally, and as truthfully, as she possible could. but it was hard. It was very hard.
[/html]
[html]

indentGabriel's words hit her hard. She hadn't at all be expecting them. "You've spoken to him?" She asked suddenly, though she quickly grew quiet. Phoenix hadn't even spoken to her since then but, at the very least, now she knew that he was aware that there were concerns. A faint smile was given toward Fatin as she spoke, as she grasped her hand, and Phasma was happy to know that Lucifer was safe. Those thoughts did not linger for very long though as her attention was focused completely on what was now being said. It was disheartening to hear, really, and Phasma was slowly losing faith. "Had Lucifer been in Storm and then been exiled, despite the fact that he has done what he can to make things better, Phoenix surely wouldn't welcome him back. With Skoll though, it seems to be another story. Personal relationship, perhaps." It was the only conclusion that she could come to, really, but what bothered her most was the fact that he would put the safety of his own pack on the line. "I can't stand by for this." Her voice was quiet then, almost desperate.

[/html]
[html]

indent Gabriel nodded shortly at Phasma’s question. “Once. Though the last time we were met he gave me this,” he said, holding up his left arm. A wicked bite-mark remained clean, fresh. His eyes turned vicious and dark, voice dropping an octave as he continued. “We are bound by history. I can’t change what Inferni did to Syemv, or what promises were made to us. Not one has been kept,” he hissed, hand lowering and shaking as he clenched his fist so tightly it bled. “Not one more member of my family needs to be killed.” All by wolves. All by wolves. ALL BY WOLVES, Kaena’s voice echoed, screaming, in his skull.

[/html]
[html]

They had hurt each other. All of them had. Fatin had been scared for Phasma, scared for the grandchildren that shared not a drop of blood with her when she had heard of the attack on Syemv. Fatin had been tied directly to Inferni the day Skoll had attacked, and she had found herself now, torn between the two, but their loyalties were bound to one another, rather than to the packs and clans. "I hope it will not come to war...." She said softly, mostly to herself. "I wont know what to do. My loyalty is to you both....and if it comes to a war, I don't know if I'm strong enough to chose." She said, feeling weak. She turned her gaze to Phasma, ears still perked towards Gabriels way. "I do not want to deal with him directly, if I can help it. He is rude, and does not listen to reason. And to be honest, I don't trust that little 'power' of his. If Jaded Shadows and Storm have dealings, would you mind if I came directly to you?" Somehow, she did not think that Phasma would, but it was best to ask just to be sure they were all on the same page.
[/html]
[html]

indentThere were to many things going through her head in that moment, so many thoughts and words that Phasma had to fight to grasp just bits and pieces here and there. She didn't want another war, she wouldn't allow herself to go through such a thing yet again. What was to say that anything of that nature would happen though? It was all up to Skoll, really, and Phasma didn't quite like the odds of that. Eyes met the wound on the Inferni leader and Phasma could only shake her head, sighing as she was dug deeper and deeper into a state of indecision and confusion. It was all happening in so little time. "You shouldn't have to choose." Phasma commented quietly, obviously pained by the whole ordeal. "There is every reason in the world not to trust Skoll and no reason at all to trust him. There is a lack of understanding that we deal with things differently. Inferni by force, as it happens to be, and the ways of a pack aren't really up to be questioned when it's something as simple as respect." Had the parents of the child, she still didn't know who it was, been watching her as they should have been, then it was likely the whole thing never would have happened in the first place. "I'm sorry Fatin." Her words were quiet, voice almost broken. "I don't think I'll be around there long enough to do so." It was a decision that was lingering in her mind. Could she follow an Alpha that had shown disrespect toward, not one, but two other Alphas? Gibraltar, by considering a break of his ruling, and Fatin, by treating her in such a fashion in her own lands.

[/html]
[html]

indent Gabriel’s mask of serenity was marred by anger, as blinding and bright as the sun at midday. He hated, and he would always hate, those who dreamt themselves grander, stronger, better. He hated hypocrites and narcissism, he hated ideas, he hated individuals. Still, he found comfort in knowing there were those out there who would stand by his decision, should it ever occur. Inferni, Fatin (and by proxy, Jaded Shadows), and, quite possibly, his father. It wasn’t much, but it was enough. “As I told him, I will not raise arms against Storm unless I am given reason to do so. Storm is not our enemy; it’s Skoll. Until he comes to my land with Storm’s banner…” He didn’t finish, shutting his eyes and exhaling heavily. He didn’t want to risk it. Not yet, at least.

[/html]
[html]

Phasma's words were strange. The female's brow lifted a bit, a silent question of her intentions. Fatin would not, could not, try and assume what Phasma had in mind, but she knew it was not a choice that she would make lightly. It just wasn't Phasma's style to do so. "If you ever need a home, you know where to find one." She said quietly, with the same soft smile, typical of her appearance on her face. She was glad that even the dealings with Phoenix had not set Gabriel against Storm, unfortunately, she fully expected that the male would turn his pack against the coyote clan, and unfairly take actions against them if it came down to it. With disdain lacing her voice, Fatin added "I pray we do not see that day. I pray for all of our sakes that somehow, some sense gets knocked in to him about Skoll." It was unlikely, in the amber haired female's opinion.
[/html]
[html]

indentIt was not a decision that would made without deep thought, not something that she ever thought she would consider. Phoenix had been kind enough to offer her a home, a rank of power, even, but even Phasma knew there was a difference between kindness and common sense. It was more than just a place in a pack that was at stake, it was built up friendships and beyond. How, though, could she stand and support an Alpha that she did not agree with, friend or not? "At this point it may as well be that he is a part of Storm. If action is taken against him, whether or not he comes bearing Storm's name, I have little faith that Phoenix will sit back and let it happen." Phoenix was stubborn and true to what he stood for, friends and family the most, which was why, she assumed, he even considered allowing Skoll back into Storm. "I don't like the prospect of war hanging in front of us when it would be so simple to be rid of. None of us, Jaded Shadows, Storm, nor Inferni, should have to worry about it looming in the future."

[/html]
[html]

indent At the dark female’s words, Gabriel frowned. This was not something he wanted to have to deal with, but it all had to come together someday. Peace was a frail and fragile thing. “It may be unavoidable,” he offered, shrugging lightly and turning his head to one of the barren trees. This place was dead and empty, a ghostly reminder of things that could have been done. He had burnt a city to the ground; perhaps the same had happened here once a long time ago. “God willing, it will not come to that.”

[/html]
[html]

She sighed softly, hating that both of them were right. She wished it was a matter that would just vanish with enough time, but she knew that it was unlikely to happen that way. She knew that with the particular parties involved, it was hardly possible. "You're right, of course. We shouldn't have to. But we do..." She said quietly. "Does Phoenix listen to you as a leader at all? Maybe you can speak with him, before you leave...if you choose to." She said, hoping against all hope that maybe it was possible for the matter to go away. "He left on his own once before. I can only hope he intends to do so again." Those months had not been spent with tension and aggression across the lands. It had been simple, a more carefree time.
[/html]
[html]

indent"We've never had a matter such a this before, at least not since I've been there." Of course, Phasma knew that he would at least hear her out. Whether he would agree or not, that was a whole other story. They were both strong in what they felt and stood for and, if those things happened to be different, she doubted that they would be able to easily come to an agreement. "We should speak with Laruku as well, perhaps make it a point to have each pack make things very clear. Under no circumstances is anyone to trespass into the lands of another pack unless the whole pack is informed that someone is allowed." Perhaps it would prevent any further problems such as the ones that had already happened. "Make sure that everyone is clear that, in some places, the consequences could be as severe as death, child or not." Everyone did what they thought they needed to do to protect themselves.

[/html]