Strange and beautiful
[html]

Naniko often got up early, but today she was sleeping in a little bit. It was one of the nice things about having the pups up and about, all out on their own; she could sleep. Anu must have gotten up and went out to do things a little earlier, because when the pale female did open her eyes her mate wasn't anywhere in sight. She went to the entrance of their den, stretching her arms up toward the sky. What a great day! It was nice and sunny out, and even though it was still pretty chilly out the sun warmed her as she stood out in the light.

The Commander took one last glance back into the den before she started out into the woods, heading for the lake. Maybe today she would fish, or something. Or maybe the ice would be thick enough to slide on! She was in her optime form, on two legs, so that kind of thing would be easy. And she really liked sliding. The thought exciting her a little, she walked a bit faster. It took her a half an hour to reach it, even with her quickened pace, but when she got there she was grinning just as widely as when began her walk. Naniko looked at it for a moment, taking in the sight before coming even closer and stepping out onto the ice. No crackling sounds. It was deep winter, and the lake would stay completely frozen for a month or so. It was perfectly safe. She slid a few inches, then a few feet, digging her hind claws into the ice every now and then to gain traction. "Woo!"

[/html]
Flayra was wondering through a forest that look... unfamiliar. This area was new to her, and it wasn't of Dahlia origin. She could tell that she entered another packland. She was in trouble, although she didn't about punishment for entering a packland without permission, or without her pack mates knowing. She wondered that because she was a pup, she would be let off easy under the condidtion that she doesn't return unless she has permission. However, she thought that she would get the same punishment as any other wolf would get for doing this. This made her feel uneasy. She thought that she should turn back, but she was well into the forest, she can't remember which way she came in. If Neon was with her, it would be easy for her.

She took each step with caution, moving like a human girl that walks slowly and scared when she enters a place that seems scary. Walking into another was scary because of the penalties. She still had the thought of punishment in her head as she stepped more into the forest. Then all of a sudden, her cloth covered arm slipped, causing her head to to be drawn to the ground. She picked herself up, then slipped again. The lake, which it was, was frozen thick, thick enough to take any weight. Though she liked winter, it was hard for in Lupus form, and she didn't know how to shift properly. She would have to work on that.

She kept slipping over on the ice, landing on her chest. she kept giving off light moans and groans with each slip onto the cold ice. When she got up again, she gripped the ice with her claws. If she could learn to shift, she wouldn't be so bad. If she stayed there however, she would be bound to be noticed by one of the pack members of this packland. Consequences would be dire if she was caught. Thinking about it brought back the thought of her punishment when she came back to Dahlia and said she found herself in another packland. She just hoped that Haku or Cercelee would let her off easy.

With the current situation she was in, she needed help. With doubt and regret, she said out loud, "Hello, can someone help me please?" Though it would be to one of the pack members, she still needed help getting off the ice. Hopefully, even help with the shifting.
[html]

She almost couldn't remember life before the fire any more, even though it had happened not even a year before. So much had happened...and so much had changed since then! She'd led Twilight Vale with Conri, and now Crimson Dreams with Savina. She'd had pups and raised them with her mate Anu; now they were running around the packlands themselves, making friends, having adventures. It was amazing. She yawned as she looked up at the cloud covered sky. How long should she spend out here? Maybe an hour or two would be nice. She could use the exercise.

She heard a sound and her head snapped around. She was so focused on the shout that she wasn't watching where she was going any more, and her feet slipped on the ice. Naniko fell onto her knees with her hands out in front of her, sliding a few feet more until she stopped. She looked back again, trying to pinpoint where the noise had come from, rubbing her stinging hands together. "Hello?"

[/html]
Flayra was surprised and a bit concerned when she got a reply. Busted was all she could think of. It wouldn't be from Haku or Cercelee she would get in trouble from, but the packland members instead. She just entered into the lands by mistake. She ended up on ice with her claws stuck into it to keep herself up straight. So, in the middle of the situation, she was stuck on ice. The only help she would get is from the creature that replyed back to her call. However, she still thought of the consequence from the wolf. She just hoped that this wolf was merciful at best to let the pup live. She was a Dahlia de Mai, but hopefully not for long.

Flayra lifted her head with her eyes looking from one place to another, seeing if she could find the creature that called out back. Though she regreted doing it, she said back, "I'm over here. Can you help me?" Flay took another look but still saw nothing. She wished that Neon was here with her. That way, he could have led her out of the forest and back into the Dahlia de Mai packlands, or would have went for help. Right now, all that the pup could do was wait for the wolf to come by.
[html]

Having wolves who weren't from Crimson Dreams inside the packlands was definitely a big deal to Naniko. She wasn't a cruel wolf, but this kind of thing was serious. There were boundaries for a reason, to keep her pack safe. She marked them often so that she knew her scent was strong...why would someone ignore them and come inside? She wasn't sure.

But at the same time, if someone was in need of help then she wouldn't deny them. She spotted the other wolf quickly, and slid toward them on the ice. Naniko was a very large female, at the top height for their species, and she stood more than a few feet higher than the half-grown Dahlia de Mai wolf. She didn't want to make it seem like she was towering over her, so she stood a few feet away. "Are you stuck? What's someone like you doing in Crimson Dreams?"

[/html]
The wolf that was also there came into view. A female adult that had a ponytail with green eyes. Flayra at first thought that she was going to be in trouble because of coming here, well, she would be because entering a packland if you're in another pack with no reason would result in a hurting in some way. Well, at least she was prepared for any consquence that would come to her for this matter. Even if at sight that a wolf looks friendly doesn't mean they are friendly.

The older female spoke. Flay was still afraid of what was going to happen. However, with some bravery, she lifted her head and replied, "Yes, I am stuck. I didn't mean to come here, I'm sorry." Flay then heard crackling sounds from under her feet. The ice was starting to crack. It must have been a thin layer, well, she near the icy ground, so ice would get thin near the edge of a lake. Flay stayed motionless, but cracks started to form. "Help me." She then just fell through the ice like a brick through glass. She was underwater, but she had problems swimming. She tried to get to the surface, but she couldn't make it. It was too much.
[html]

She should have known that something like this would happen--she should have gone to the youngster earlier. Then they both might have made it off the ice safely. They could have spoken on dry land. The Commander dug her claws into the ice below her, the thick solid kind, and slid toward the hole. She didn't know what to do--the ice had come back up, covering up the hole that she had fallen down into.

Naniko thought for a moment. She would have to use something to break through the ice...but she had nothing. The werewolf backed a few steps away, then lept up into the air. When she came down on the ice she came down hard, with all of her weight, crashing a new, bigger hole in it. This time the pieces were so small that they could not reform and ice over again. Once under the water the search began. There was white everywhere....but then she saw it, the outline of the pup up against the ice.

In a few moments both were above water, Naniko holding onto the little one with one hand as she pulled herself up and over the edge of the ice. She slid back to the shore quickly, going down to her knees when she got there. She shook the pup a little, trying to get a response.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Not again. Remove above post plz.

While under the water, the hole that she came through got covered by some ice that she couldn't break through. She managed to kick to the surface ice and trying to break it so she could get out, but because of thickness, she couldn't succeed. She had to get out quick, she was running out of air. She getting at that point of drowning. Her life flashed before her eyes. Her past memories, her parents, her brother. It all just went before her eyes in seconds. Her brother, she never eeven found her brother. She was too young to die. She didn't want to leave the world like this. Trapped underwater by ice. She wasn't losing it, becoming
unconscious

Next thing she new, she was being slapped about with ground on her back. She was starting to regain, showing some breathing, but still sleepish. Another slap and she was awake, coughing up water from her lungs. She started breathe normally, however because of the water and the breeze that was coming through, she was shivering badly. It was so cold. She was lucky that Naniko got her out of the water, otherwise she would have drowned. The only Flay could remember was falling into the water, then she was struggling to get out. Then she past flashes of her past and that was it. She couldn't remember anything else.

[/html]
[html]
I did it for ya ^^ No worries <3 And slight powerplay--is that okay?

Naniko was the worrying sort; it was what made her a good healer. She tried to give her patients the best possible treatment from whatever knowledge she had obtained through reading the humans' books. The wolf had always been very interested in what the humans had to say about medicine, though the textbooks often referred to things that she had never heard of before. A thermometer? A scalpel? What were those?

She was very relieved to have gotten the girl to land, at least...but now came the hard part. If she could get her awake she would take her back to the mansion and see if there was anything else that was wrong with her. Being underwater for that amount of time wasn't good...she remembered reading that much. It could cause brain damage, or something like that. "You're---you're breathing. Good! Good!! Get all that water out of your lungs." She lifted her up, leaning her forward. Could she even hear her? Maybe her hearing was damaged. Oh...she just didn't know! But for now it looked like the girl was breathing.

Naniko didn't have anything else with her to wrap around the other so she simply picked her up in her arms. Flayra wasn't much of a burden on her arms; she wasn't that heavy. She looked a lot like Naniko's daughter Brooklyn, when she had her eyes closed. The same pelt color...but Brook's eyes were a bright, oceanic blue. She started for the mansion, arriving there at a run fifteen minutes later. Once inside she placed the girl on the couch, turning her back to put some more wood on the fire. She'd have to warm her up.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: It's fine Smile

The slapping ended after coughed up the water. Flayra heard the words of Naniko, but she was shivering badly, she couldn't speak well. The cold was affecting her badly. She was starting to catch a cold and a fever mabye later on. She had to be out of it. She had to be in the warmth. She was too cold even to move of her feet. "Cold...so cold..." Flayra said slowly.

Then Flay was picked up by the older female. Being so wet, Flay couldn't feel the warmth of Naniko. She wasn't really concentrating on what was going on. She didn't know where Naniko was taking Flayra. Probably back Dahlia where punishment was awaiting her. Flay wasn't happy with it, but mabye thats what she would get. Moments later, she was placed on a couch near a warm fire. She opened her eyes to see the flames, however, her sight was a bit blurry. She looked at the figure that she knew was the older female putting would on the fire. Flay remained on the couch and said, "Where... am I?"

OOC: I'm switching to Flayra Zazkex account from now on.

[/html]
[html]

She hadn't ever heard of someone surviving a drowning before, and didn't know what to expect. The healer thumbed through a few books that she had laying on the table, but none of them described anything close to drowning...or what to do. She snatched a few blankets from on top of the chair, bringing them over to Flayra and putting them on top of her. She had to get warmer fast...Naniko knew at least that. It was below freezing outside, and to be soaking wet in that kind of weather...the Commander was cold, too, but she was breathing. Her heart was pumping just fine, if not a little overtime.

But then the young girl was speaking. She knelt down beside her, trying to listen. Her voice was scratchy, so it was a little hard for her to hear...but she could make it out. "Are you alright?? You're in Crimson Dreams, in Haven Manor. A big house. Do you want to sit by the fire? You should warm up. I have some food in the kitchen, still...I'll be right back. I'm going to put it on the wood-stove." Naniko said. She shook out her own fur once she got to the kitchen, sending droplets flying, then looked for the remainders of the turkey that she'd caught the day before. She put it over the fire in the stove then came back into the living room, sitting down beside Flayra. "I didn't get your name before, with all the confusion...but I'm so glad that you're all right. I'm Naniko, one of the leaders here."

[/html]
[html]

Flayra was covered with blankets to keep warm. She wasn't too far from the fire, so the warmth from the fire will help the warmth from the blankets. Those she was still wet, she was starting to dry. The couch was comy and soft. She was swamped with words from the older female. Flayra was Crimson Dreams she was told. Crimson Dreams? Flay wanted to go there. At first she was going to join them, but they weren't accepting anyone for the moment. The older female then said that she was getting some food, then walked off. Flayra softly said, "Thank... you."

Naniko returned and sat beside the pup, asking for her name. Flayra was warmed up a bit, but not alot, however, she wasn't shivering as much. "Flayra... miss. Flayra Zazkex. I didn't... mean to tresspass." Flay was glad that she wasn't in trouble, otherwise she would have been punished and returned to Dahlia. Flay laid quietly on the couch with the blankets covering her. Her vision was still blurry. "My sight is... blurry. My head feels like... it's on... fire."

[/html]
[html]

She didn't want to hover, or make the girl afraid in any way. Naniko had completely forgotten that Flayra had come into the lands without permission; pups often wandered. She could only hope that if her children wandered into other wolves' lands that the leaders there might be as gracious. She prayed that Haven, Mati, Salem, and Brooklyn had enough sense to stay outside of their borders...but pups didn't always do what they were told.

"Do you have parents around here?" She questioned, sitting down beside the couch. "I...I think that you might be getting a fever. You smell a bit like one of the neighboring packs--like Dahlia de Mai. Is that where you're from?" She needed this basic information. Naniko pulled her bag of herbs close to her, looking through the bottles. There was a certain herb that had the ability to reduce a fever...but where was it?

[/html]
[html]

Flayra didn't have a family. Her parents died, except her brother. That's why she was looking for him, so that she knows that she isn't the only Zazkex left. However, if she does find him, what then? Will he just force her into staying with him? Flayra doesn't want that. If she does him, she wants him to know that she wants to live a separate life because she was alone for four months. If she survived that long, she could make it through life. Right now, apart from Neon, she has to find friends. Svara was always a grouch, Haku seemed nice, but not when you have your back turned, Firfly is a total bitch, Cwn doesn't seem to like pups, and Slay is a brute in some ways. Cercelee seems to be the only nice one. Because of the others, that's what making her consider to leave Dahlia. "No. They're dead. Four... months ago it happened. Rogue wolves."

Naniko then assumed that Flay was coming down with a fever. Her head was burning, so ice was needed. She was underwater that was cold as ice, but getting colds can give you fevers. Naniko then said that Flay smelled like a neighboring pack member. Dahlia was where she was from, but she wasn't planning on staying there. "Yeah, umm, Dahlia de Mai. However, I'm not... planning of satying there."

Flayra moved her left arm to her right as she started to unwrap the cloth that was on her arm. The cloth was wet, so it needed to be dried before going back. However, she might have to wait until her fever breaks before leaving. He removed the cloth from her arm, revealing the massive scar. She handed the wet cloth to Naniko, asking, "Could you put this somewhere... so it could dry please?".

[/html]
[html]

Naniko wasn't really sure where her family was, really. She had her parents' names, but only knew them as blurred images that came to her on the very edges of her conciousness. She wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing; she didn't know what kind of wolves they were. Or if their character was even something that would make her miss them. She didn't like Roman and Kaelyn for abandoning her...but she had always liked to think that they had a good reason for leaving.

"You came here all by yourself?" What a horrible way to come. That would be frightening, really, for one as young as Flayra was. At least, that's what Naniko thought. When she'd been Flayra's age she had at least had Physe around. He had been as much a father to her as Iskata had been a mother, even though she hadn't been related by blood to either of the wolves.

"Did you meet Cercelee there? She's a kind wolf." She felt that she knew Cercelee fairly well, from the time that the white female had spent in Crimson Dreams healing from her fight with Hybrid. A strong willed wolf, that was for sure. "And sure. I can even get you a new one, if you want. I have plenty of fabric here. But if it's something that's special to you, then I'll hang it up here to dry." She hung it over a nail that stuck out above the fireplace, then sat back down.

[/html]
[html]

Though Flay was young indeed, she still came here by herself. Pups do wonder, but some shouldn't go alone, because of older wolves that might be lurking around. Some tend to kidnap wolves. Though the humans used to do that unforgivable crime, some wolves actually have adapted to that. They say they'll even return the taken pup for a price like something they want, or something that might persuade them to give the taken back. "Yes, I did."

Naniko then made a comment about Cercelee. It was true, Cercelee was a kind wolf, probably the only kind wolf there is in the whole of Dahlia. It's the others that the reason why she leaving the pack. She doesn't want to because the pack leaders might think it's best for her to wait until she can go on her own. Flay would object to that because she went by four months without an adult wolf, so she could leave when ever. Soon enough she will."Yeah, she is. It's the... others is the reason why I'm... leaving there. they were not as I... thought and, well, they would make me fell... uneasy."

Naniko then said that she had other fabrics that she may offer Flay. Thinking about it, Flay though it was time to stop where the stupid cloth. A scar was a scar. Nothing more. "Um, no thanks. I'm might stop... wearing it."

[/html]
[html]

She thought that Crimson Dreams was a fairly secure place. Naniko often patrolled the borders herself, and she knew that Savina did too. It was in some of the packmembers' duties to watch the borders for newcomers or intruders as well.

She wanted to make sure that Flayra was completely dry and warm before she allowed her to go anywhere. With some things the leader was soft, and pups was one of those things...but at the same time she considered Flayra to be a patient of sorts. And she had very tough rules for her patients. She didn't want them to go too hard too fast and re-injure themselves, or leave without being completely treated. If the girl wanted to leave then she would let her go...but not if she was still wet or cold. "I'll grab the food really quick." She went back into the kitchen again, coming out with the plate of turkey. "Eat up--maybe it'll help warm you up. I'm not hungry right now."

She listened to what Flayra said about Dahlia de Mai, looking up at piece of cloth that dangled over the fireplace. "If you want to stay here for a while, you're more than welcome. I think it'd be okay. Or were you looking for something more permanent?" Of course, she would have to ask the other two leaders about a thing like that. She would be interested to keep up with Flayra and see how she was doing--they had a mansion that the youngster could stay in if she didn't like dens. "I have pups around your age--You wouldn't be turned away."

[/html]
[html]

Naniko was treating Flay both nicely and as a patient. A patient indeed if she needed to be cured of her fever. Naniko was at first looking for something in a bag, but stopped looking after Flay said something about Dahlia de Mai. Flayra didn't know how long the fever would last. There were some sayings that they last a week the least. The most are unknown. Naniko left the room and returned with a small plate of turkey. Flay took the plate and said, "Thank you." Slowly, the pup took a piece and ate it.

Flay was going to look for a permanent place to stay after leaving Dahlia de Mai. At first, Dahlia was going to be permanent, but because of most of the pack, she switched it to temporary. Flay smiled lightly at Naniko's offer of a place to stay. "I thank for your offer, but... yes, I was more into a permanent place. Do you think that... I might come here to stay?" Flay wasn't rushing to anything quick. She just asked if she could come here, that's if it was alright. She smiled again when the older female said that she had pups, so Flay wouldn't be turned away.

[/html]
[html]

The girl picked the bottle back up again, taking a bit of the medicine out and sprinkling it over the turkey. "It's a good way to get your medicine, taking it with food. You can't even taste it." She commented, putting the stopper back into the bottle. "If you want, someday I can teach you things about medicine. It's really useful to know...to help out friends or other packs when they need help. Everyone needs a little help sometime."

Naniko sat back and watched as she ate, supervising. She would keep a watch on the girl for a while to make sure that she was alright. It was her duty as a healer and as a host, really. "Alright. If it's okay with your pack leaders, then it's fine with me." She said.

[/html]
[html]

Yes, having medicine with food was a good way to intake medicine. Can't even taste it. Flayra was thankful that Naniko put herbs on the turkey to help get better. "Thanks," she said with a smile. naniko then said that she might teach the pup about medicines, if she wanted. Flay thought on it for second, before giving the older female a reply. "I'd like that. It would be nice to know... about medicines." She remained calm and polite.

The older female said that Flay could stay here when she leaves, that's if the leaders would allow it. Flayra would know that Cercelee would understand why and would let her, but Haku might be a different story. Haku might not see a reason why she should leave, but she might have to try to see. "Right. They probably let me. Cercelee would. Haku might."

OOC: Plz? above.

[/html]